Post by full_send »

carlinn wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:04 am
gimmethetea wrote:
SqueakLola wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:00 pm
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:45 pm
Not happy with the b-word usage, but yea Emma passed AP General Science and Biology and thinks she knows everything science. That's what happens when you are a HS dropout. Chemistry and Physics are important!
serious question

are you still considered a "high school dropout" if you finish your courses online? Emma has said multiple times that she went to "online school" and completed her education early that way but people keep calling her a high school dropout?? idk I'm just a little confused, i assumed that high school dropouts are people who didn't complete high school at all, like Haley Pham, not some one who goes the online route like Antonio Garza and Emma.
Emma said she tested out in the past, and claimed she doesn’t know why they don’t tell people about it other than “everyone would do it”. I believe this was in her video about why she’s leaving high school (idk the actual name but it was a sit down video in SF). Could be misremembering but I think the sudden mention of online classes is new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About two months into her junior year at Notre Dame Catholic Girls HS, Emma left school, then studied for and passed the California High School Exit Exam. This was one time a CA requirement to graduate in addition to actually taking courses, but now can be used to graduate early. Often students wanting to go to college at 16 / 17, child actors, military families etc. use this. There is still some controversy about the test as some CA colleges may also still require community college breadth requirements before the student is considered eligible for entrance. Emma's dad, Michael Chamberlain of the YouTube painting channel chamberlainpaintings, has addressed Emma's education several times in Q & A's on his channel, in part as the family was under fire for supposedly letting Emma "drop out" of school to move to LA and be a YouTuber. Emma never did online school, though this is a common misconception.

Emma is also very bad at her own PR. Just as regular viewers since the beginning know that she makes hygiene jokes that aren't serious, Emma has made many jokes about "dropping out of school" and only ever really clarifying once, on a Cody Ko podcast in December 2017, and in the Forbes interview. But drama / tea / hate channels don't actually research their subjects so they post that Emma dropped out of school, or she doesn't shower, and then the viewers who watch and choose to be triggered by these non-facts then bully her across social media. Emma could help herself better about these easily avoidable non-scandals, but she doesn't. She could have explained better her high school CHSEE in about thirty seconds in the video she did with the twins taking final exams, but didn't.

Related, in her Members vid she just posted she starts chanting "Emma doesn't shower...Emma doesn't shower...Emma smells bad." On the one hand Emma seems much smarter than many YouTubers (the entire LA beauty gugu MUAs) by never feuding, beefing, shading anyone else, but at the same time she does not seem to have quite developed the self-care to know what jokes to make and what jokes not to make in order to prevent herself from suffering damage from the hate channels that love to attack her over anything and everything.

trashtalk_77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Emma "Legal & Lonely" Chamberlain - Part 4

Post by trashtalk_77 »

Givemethedonut
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Givemethedonut »

Emma is such a fucking terrible role model for the (assuming) very young audience she has. She’s 18 years old, and in her newest video says, “I’m 18, I should be having baby fever.” What the actual fuck, no you’re not. You’re still a kid, babies should be the last thing on your mind moron, on top of her throwing out the F word every other word, Jesus, I would never allow my kids to watch her trash.

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

Givemethedonut wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:41 pm
Emma is such a fucking terrible role model for the (assuming) very young audience she has. She’s 18 years old, and in her newest video says, “I’m 18, I should be having baby fever.” What the actual fuck, no you’re not. You’re still a kid, babies should be the last thing on your mind moron, on top of her throwing out the F word every other word, Jesus, I would never allow my kids to watch her trash.
To be fair, having baby fever and having babies isn’t exactly the same thing. At least she did point out that she shouldn’t be having babies, so she is self aware lmao
I mean I get what she means, I’m 20 and have mega baby fever but also am in no way having a baby any time soon, they’re just cute ygm

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gimmethetea »

Givemethedonut wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:41 pm
to be fair, she's lived like 10 lives in the past year, the girl has peaked. she's accomplished more this past year than most people will in a lifetime and certainly more than your average 18 year old or even young adult. and while most people wait to have kids until they're financially stable Emma doesn't have to worry about that.
so meh i get her kinda craving the next "big" life step, but she said in the video babies are NOT happening for the next 10 years or even longer if she doesn't have a "baby daddy" so if her young audience is watching they too will be like "oooh emma's having babies at 28 so i am having babies at 28" and by the time they join the real world they'll be like HELL NOPE :rofl:

inadream
Informer
Informer

Post by inadream »

I think the pregnancy video was pretty good and she seemed a lot happier in it than in her past few videos. So she has a camera guy now, and I think maybe an editor? The editing seemed different in this video but she’s also said before that she would never let someone else edit her videos completely so I don’t know

I don’t think she was promoting teenage pregnancy at all lol she said multiple times she’s too young to get pregnant and kept saying that she’s not gonna have kids for ten years. The “baby fever” thing was probably just referring to loving babies and thinking they’re cute etc

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gimmethetea »

okay. so. Emma, has gotten really thin.
At first i was like "whatever, she looks great", but in this pregnancy video, idk if its the belly that is making her legs look stick thin or what but she is TINY. her legs are practically non-existent. i'm more concerned about her new body being a bad influence on her younger audience than her pretending to be pregnant. she nor her followers want to get pregnant anytime soon, but everyone in some way struggles with body image. idk man, she's just too thin now.

Post by Guest »

gimmethetea wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:11 pm
okay. so. Emma, has gotten really thin.
At first i was like "whatever, she looks great", but in this pregnancy video, idk if its the belly that is making her legs look stick thin or what but she is TINY. her legs are practically non-existent. i'm more concerned about her new body being a bad influence on her younger audience than her pretending to be pregnant. she nor her followers want to get pregnant anytime soon, but everyone in some way struggles with body image. idk man, she's just too thin now.
Yeah, I used to think she was just naturally small (which she is) and the weight loss was the result of a new exercise program, but she’s so tiny now that idk...it’s pretty unlikely that somebody can get *that* thin without devoting some effort to calorie restriction. I remember back in her “preparing for Coachella” video for this year, she’s on the way to soulcycle and she says something like “I’m trying to be small as fuck for Coachella, but you can’t really say that” (definitely misquoting but it was along those lines).

To me, it sounds like she’s actively controlling her diet and exercise to be thinner, but she’s cognizant of the effects this will have on her (very young) audience so she doesn’t really talk about it (aside from the comment I mentioned above, which she maybe should have edited out but whatever). Compare her to Joana Ceddia, for example, who constantly mentions her diet and exercise and who seems to have a slightly unhealthy relationship with food. Not trying to derail the thread to talk about Joana btw, just comparing their approaches to a topic that a lot of teenage girls take a great interest in

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

rancherobeans wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am
gimmethetea wrote: okay. so. Emma, has gotten really thin.
Yeah, I used to think she was just naturally small (which she is) and the weight loss was the result of a new exercise program, but she’s so tiny now that idk...it’s pretty unlikely that somebody can get *that* thin without devoting some effort to calorie restriction. I remember back in her “preparing for Coachella” video for this year, she’s on the way to soulcycle and she says something like “I’m trying to be small as fuck for Coachella, but you can’t really say that” (definitely misquoting but it was along those lines).

To me, it sounds like she’s actively controlling her diet and exercise to be thinner, but she’s cognizant of the effects this will have on her (very young) audience so she doesn’t really talk about it (aside from the comment I mentioned above, which she maybe should have edited out but whatever). Compare her to Joana Ceddia, for example, who constantly mentions her diet and exercise and who seems to have a slightly unhealthy relationship with food. Not trying to derail the thread to talk about Joana btw, just comparing their approaches to a topic that a lot of teenage girls take a great interest in
Agree with you 100% don’t get me wrong but I just went back to the preparing for Coachella video because I was horrified that she said that and that I never noticed but she says that she wants to be “swole as fuck” as in buff

Post by Guest »

ughloml wrote:
rancherobeans wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am
gimmethetea wrote: okay. so. Emma, has gotten really thin.

Agree with you 100% don’t get me wrong but I just went back to the preparing for Coachella video because I was horrified that she said that and that I never noticed but she says that she wants to be “swole as fuck” as in buff
Oh sh*t sorry, thank you for catching that

paiksuri
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by paiksuri »

inadream wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 pm
So she has a camera guy now, and I think maybe an editor? The editing seemed different in this video but she’s also said before that she would never let someone else edit her videos completely so I don’t know

The camera guy sounded exactly like her dad, maybe it was him

Riribeytaysel
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Riribeytaysel »

This is kind of a weird observation but what happened with Emma and Olivia she literally only hangs out w Amanda now. If you look at fan pics, snapchats etc. Olivia seems distant and isn’t doing soul cycle anymore and is doing a more hardcore workout. I wonder what happened I hope it’s not a girdies 2.0

gimmethetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gimmethetea »

Riribeytaysel wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm
This is kind of a weird observation but what happened with Emma and Olivia she literally only hangs out w Amanda now. If you look at fan pics, snapchats etc. Olivia seems distant and isn’t doing soul cycle anymore and is doing a more hardcore workout. I wonder what happened I hope it’s not a girdies 2.0
I watched like two seconds of one of Olivia’s videos, she’s so boring I just couldn’t sit through it, but the two seconds I watched she said something like “all my friends love soul cycle, but I’m just not that into it”. I don’t think there’s anything off, she still films in Emma’s apartment from what I could tell from her vlog, she just doesn’t like soul cycle and is doing boxing instead.

inadream
Informer
Informer

Post by inadream »

Riribeytaysel wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:00 pm
She said she didn’t wanna do soulcycle anymore because she wasn’t working out other parts of her body and wasn’t getting strong from it so she stopped and started going to another gym (which honestly is smart and something Emma should do too). They still hang out, we just always see her with Amanda because literally the only time Emma meets fans or snaps really is after soulcycle and only her and Amanda go now. Her and Olivia are definitely still friends Emma was just in her last video

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

paiksuri wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:32 pm
inadream wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:15 pm
So she has a camera guy now, and I think maybe an editor? The editing seemed different in this video but she’s also said before that she would never let someone else edit her videos completely so I don’t know

The camera guy sounded exactly like her dad, maybe it was him
It's believed that Emma hired Kyle Houck, the Dolan Twins cameraman, for her latest I'm Pregnant?? video, the first time she has had someone other than a friend / family hold the vlog camera for her. It's also believed that Emma helped the Dolans film some of their videos late last year, with Kyle filming Grayson and Emma filming Ethan for separate but simultaneous scenes. Emma and Kyle probably know each other pretty well, at the least he filmed her in the Dolans become Emma video last month.

It is speculated that Emma also has help editing this video. Although there are a few editing techniques not used before in this video, Emma does switch these up, adding and subtracting from the template she favors.

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

Emma: "I'm never having a public relationship. That's gross." - in W Magazine last month

Also Emma: Seen regularly in public with the Dolans, Emma and Ethan hovering close to each other, fan pics showing this. Then she posts on her Members Q & A a short but personally impassioned requirement for emotional maturity in a partner. Then she posts a I'm Pregnant (it's an experiment) video and asks her viewers to guess who the baby daddy would be, saying she would get married and have babies if "bae comes through." The Dolans then post a video of themselves being in a womb.

Just what does she think the reactions will be to so many references to her romantic / fertility life? Some people here on GG think they do this for views, I don't disagree. They can't hide and not hide at the same time.

I think if Emma and Ethan were regular high school / college kids, they would post to their 150 Facebook and IG friends something about their relationship. But they are not living normal lives and have millions of nosy strangers staring at them (who also pay their rent) and anything they say or do winds up not just on YT / Twitter / IG, but also on TMZ, People, Cosmopolitan. Emma can't be asking about "baby daddies" and then be resentful that the Ethma fandom blasts them with responses to this.

SqueakLola
Informer
Informer

Post by SqueakLola »

full_send wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm
Emma: "I'm never having a public relationship. That's gross." - in W Magazine last month

Also Emma: Seen regularly in public with the Dolans, Emma and Ethan hovering close to each other, fan pics showing this. Then she posts on her Members Q & A a short but personally impassioned requirement for emotional maturity in a partner. Then she posts a I'm Pregnant (it's an experiment) video and asks her viewers to guess who the baby daddy would be, saying she would get married and have babies if "bae comes through." The Dolans then post a video of themselves being in a womb.

Just what does she think the reactions will be to so many references to her romantic / fertility life? Some people here on GG think they do this for views, I don't disagree. They can't hide and not hide at the same time.

I think if Emma and Ethan were regular high school / college kids, they would post to their 150 Facebook and IG friends something about their relationship. But they are not living normal lives and have millions of nosy strangers staring at them (who also pay their rent) and anything they say or do winds up not just on YT / Twitter / IG, but also on TMZ, People, Cosmopolitan. Emma can't be asking about "baby daddies" and then be resentful that the Ethma fandom blasts them with responses to this.
I totally agree with you, if now 18 year old Emma and Ethan posted all on their social medias if they were regular people all their as you said 150 friends would like and love. Being in the limelight and as private as the Meathead Twins appear to be it's not possible. I in my heart of hearts thinks that former fan Emma who would have loved to announce being in a relationship with Ethan(alleged), so many couple posts would have been made. The privacy thing is all on the Twins IMO.
Natarinna <3
Limiko <3

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

Today Emma was written up in a long New York Times article (see below) and declared to be "the funniest person on YouTube." She was also featured on the NYTimesFashion IG page (see above). Last week, the Atlantic Monthly declared her "the most important YouTuber today." Last month, W Magazine declared her "the most interesting girl on YouTube."

I'm an Emma stan, but this is GG which tends toward drag rather than rave, so I will just side with neutrality and wonder if these journalists believe what they are writing about her. I will cite numbers and facts and defend against factual misinformation, but these hyperbolic opinions in these magazines are not even what the stan accounts would say. Do any of these writers watch other YouTubers, has YouTube just been discovered by the mainstream media? Or were these same apocalyptic ravings of paradise found written about Liza Koshy, Jake Paul, Jenna Marbles a few years ago? We are all jumping up and down with joy in the stan Twitter / IG accounts. Emma can just retire, she has been declared the best at her craft out of millions of creators by the most (generally) respected news sources in the nation (NYT, Atlantic), so what does she do now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/styl ... utube.html

full_send
Debater
Debater

Post by full_send »

SqueakLola wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:31 pm
full_send wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm

I totally agree with you, if now 18 year old Emma and Ethan posted all on their social medias if they were regular people all their as you said 150 friends would like and love. Being in the limelight and as private as the Meathead Twins appear to be it's not possible. I in my heart of hearts thinks that former fan Emma who would have loved to announce being in a relationship with Ethan(alleged), so many couple posts would have been made. The privacy thing is all on the Twins IMO.
I agree with you as well in that I have not trusted the Twins since Emma started collabing with them. My belief has been that they have some mandated personal / family / management directive to never have a public girlfriend as long as they have their channel for fear they would lose their single aura to their 14 year old fans who want to grow up and marry them. (Of course Emma was one of those, so there is that.)

Or, in order to prevent an imbalance, they can have public girlfriends, but have to do this at the same time, so Emma and Ethan would have to wait for Grayson, who on the down low is apparently horndogging his way through LA (see the Dolan thread), so this is not going to happen.

But with Emma declaring she does not want to be public with such force, I think that has to do with them coupling / breaking up, and the break up is not what she wants public. Bay Area Emma wanted a boyfriend and would have been happy to show this, but LA Emma may see the downside of this and be wary, until there has been nothing but joy for 6 consecutive months or more.

infjunicorn
Debater
Debater

Post by infjunicorn »

I don't understand these challenge videos people do like dressing up and going to the store? Not just Emma, tons of people do them, but specifically referring to her fake pregnancy video -- obviously people are going to look at you and try to figure out wtf is going on if you blatantly have a cameraman following you around!? They're always like "ughhh omg people are looking!!!" sis they're not prob even looking AT you they're trying to figure out what/why you're filming in a Target lmao. Cameras attract attention regardless of the subject matter. I carried a go pro around at a music festival and I got bunch of high fives and people coming up to me bc they wanted to be in my footage. It's not rocket science.
Really..how sensitive you are. Can you feel...THIS? :love2:

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”