Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Re: Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by Guest »

Honestly, all these people 'cancelling" Kat Von D, yet they still use L'oreal/nestle brands, still use other brands that animal test, don't maybe look at the more dominant reasons for anti-vax behaviour in the USA, like religious groups, lack of funds/insurance, even the over vaccinating that can be more harmful than good (like chickenpox vaccines). "I'm boycotting Kat", okay, but you still use all these products which are from brand that abuse humans, animals and the environment. As if Kat is the reason why people don't or can't vaccinate themselves or their kids. I don't agree with Kat, and we are very fortunate that vaccines have made many infections a thing of history, which so many people still face, but this cancel culture and pick and choose ethics, smh.

BagLady95
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BagLady95 »

IHateCilantro wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:08 pm
Her hubby is an ex gang member and maybe still is, and he blamed his daughter for getting raped by HIS band members
Seriously?! OMG I had no idea. I’m off to research this. What an ***hole!

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme »

CinnamonBun wrote:
Clover la BonBon wrote: The best thing she could do if she has vaccinated is to say she has. That would win her back a lot of fans and I know I for one (though I am not speaking for everyone), would go back to considering her make up when needing new products.
The fact you're so eager to eat out of the palm for her hands if she claimed that she vaccinated her children makes me question some people's morality or lackof
That's a bit rude of you, not gonna lie. Buddy, a ton of people would go back to Kat Von D if she vaccinated her child. It's like when workers strike against the company. Once change happens, they will go back. People are boycotting against her so she could vaccinate her child, this person included. I'm not going to not buy makeup products because of a past mistake, in the case Kat Von D *does* vaccinate her kid.

it's like saying "how dare you buy from that company because of *insert past mistake here*"

doesn't make you look smart or superiror, just closeminded.
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

Post by Guest »

teaforme wrote:
CinnamonBun wrote:
Clover la BonBon wrote: The best thing she could do if she has vaccinated is to say she has. That would win her back a lot of fans and I know I for one (though I am not speaking for everyone), would go back to considering her make up when needing new products.
The fact you're so eager to eat out of the palm for her hands if she claimed that she vaccinated her children makes me question some people's morality or lackof
That's a bit rude of you, not gonna lie. Buddy, a ton of people would go back to Kat Von D if she vaccinated her child. It's like when workers strike against the company. Once change happens, they will go back. People are boycotting against her so she could vaccinate her child, this person included. I'm not going to not buy makeup products because of a past mistake, in the case Kat Von D *does* vaccinate her kid.

it's like saying "how dare you buy from that company because of *insert past mistake here*"

doesn't make you look smart or superiror, just closeminded.
If you kept the same energy, "buddy". I could care less about the swarm of "cancel-ready" fans whose opinions flip like the flick of a light switch. You admitting that you have no problem buying from a person who not only never apologized for the hateful bigoted behaviors of her and I'm the "close minded person". My level of disgust by people like you is unassailable .

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I know this this thread is dead lately but let's not derail it with arguing back and forth :love2:

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

You all have already been warned by a mod and continue to argue. Stay on topic and take you're a arguments elsewhere.

Pok
Talker
Talker

Post by Pok »

I unfollowed her out of principal but I check back in once and awhile; the house project looks like it would be INSANELY expensive and yeah I know she’s got money but handcarved marble cherubs for a handcarved marble curtin for a fireplace and a fresco in the ballroom type money?! It seems excessive in every respect.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Her house is gaudy as hell, just like her last place. She overdoes EVERYTHING. I get having money and being able to design whatever you want, but holy shit. She's just as bad as Jeffree Star. Every inch of his damn house is covered in pink.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

thoughts on her upcoming vegan shoe brand?

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

bambiii wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:05 pm
Fauxleather = smelly feet

AnnahJ
Informer
Informer

Post by AnnahJ »

Lady_Mary wrote:
bambiii wrote:
Hate the style and look of the shoes but if your feet smell it’s a you hygiene issue not the shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

AnnahJ wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Lady_Mary wrote:
bambiii wrote:
Hate the style and look of the shoes but if your feet smell it’s a you hygiene issue not the shoes

Natural materials let your skin breath. Faux leather is essentially a plastic sheet , trapping moisture , hence causing sweat and smell.

Do your homework before you try to insult me. My personal hygiene is superb, thank you very much

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

God forbid someone choose to not wear dead cow on their feet. Kat is a horrible person but really no need to attack people who choose not to wear animal skins. Never had an issue with faux leather making anything smelly.

Twiglet
Informer
Informer

Post by Twiglet »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 am
God forbid someone choose to not wear dead cow on their feet. Kat is a horrible person but really no need to attack people who choose not to wear animal skins. Never had an issue with faux leather making anything smelly.

Heaven forbid we take a moment to realize not all feet are they same, regardless of hygiene, and take an online comment personally for no reason but vegan activism (and inner desire to support 'Kat').

I mean, my feet don't sweat but my brothers do. Kinda like I'm safe from getting measles, while some people's children will be at perpetual risk.

Potato, potahto.

tge_amalgam
Learner
Learner

Post by tge_amalgam »

Last edited by tge_amalgam on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tge_amalgam
Learner
Learner

Post by tge_amalgam »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 am

Nobody was attacking vegans. Canvas is a great alternative to leather shoes that doesn't stink up your feet

tge_amalgam
Learner
Learner

Post by tge_amalgam »

AnnahJ wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Lady_Mary wrote:
bambiii wrote:

I mean part of "foot hygiene" is wearing breathable socks (cotton) and shoes (leather, suede, or canvas if you want to avoid animal products) so good hygiene would mean avoiding faux leather shoes

Pok
Talker
Talker

Post by Pok »

bambiii wrote:
Honestly the designs are my taste but I’d hate to think of the price point. A lot of her favourite brands aren’t exactly accessible and she has said the price will reflect the quality. I’m excited for the knock offs.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

Pok wrote:
bambiii wrote:
Honestly the designs are my taste but I’d hate to think of the price point. A lot of her favourite brands aren’t exactly accessible and she has said the price will reflect the quality. I’m excited for the knock offs.
i think i’ll like the designs but i guess her branding will be very obvious and i would find that a bit embarassing! i dont mind using her makeup products but clothes?! i’m interested to see if the quality will actually be that high-end.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I actually really like the Slayer boots they keep showing, but I can only guess they'll be hundreds of dollars that I'm not willing to spend on shoes lmao

Return to “Kat Von D”