BotoxTV- Part 8

jozu
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by jozu »

Also steadfastly refuses to say the name Colourpop. I mean, make content, or not. Sponsor people, or not. But every time Marlena comes in calling famous and less famous people out for being ingrates and making her business struggle, people are going to remember ColourPop exists.
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

CinnamonBun wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 pm
fizzwizzdelete2 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am
CinnamonBun wrote: I actually bothered watching her video aout dear influencer and tl;dr she blames the audience and the companies and not the actual people shilling crap
she's part of the problem and yet she blamed her audience? hah. what a pile of garbage. is she actually going to leave youtube now? for good?

bye felicia. you were relevant in 2012 and even that was a stretch of the imagination.

She stated in her original my truth video she was shocked that she got backlash for bribing people to review her products because she wasn't the hottest thing around. She fails to mention that her ingredients are pretty much identical to MAC, a brand she raved about for years, but as soon as she made her own eyeshadows she acted like mac was below her
oh i remember that she used expensive pink as the first dupe. and remember when she complained about MAC dropping their single pan prices after she started to gain a wee bit of traction?? i remember the original my truth video... i can't stomach hearing her voice or looking at that face to watch this new crap of a video.
so thank you all for recapping it for me!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Kittygalorex
Informer
Informer

Post by Kittygalorex »

One hour and 35 minutes of my life I’ll never get back watching Marlena’s snooze fest storytelling movie. She is all bark and no bite. She didn’t expose anybody. Her video was more of, “Oh, I was nice to everyone and started everyone up and when they got big, they forgot all about poor me.” She’s just as bad as JH deflecting and not accepting responsibility on being lazy for MUG failing. She brags about how she’s been the OG and in it for 11 years but manage to only get into “select” Target stores while other brands that started later than her are being sold at Sephora or Ulta. I’ve never seen a CEO bitch and moan about everyone and everything as much as Marlena has. Underneath the facade of being oh so caring and sincere, Marlena is very selfish and an attention whore. She brings up how JC ruined her last day of filming with Netflix because he tagged them and the executives called the film crew to discuss. She blamed him for ruining what was a great day but how did he know what she was doing on what day. That Dear Influencers video wasn’t an expose video, it was a video calling out those she felt wronged her.

Sassycat
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassycat »

I love all the ass kissers on twitter acting like they care about MUG now. :rofl: All Marlena did was read from her burn book. She didn’t do this for her concern of the public. Nice try though. :roll: she obviously loves this attention. Her twitter says it all.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

It seems like the only person who's forgotten where they came from is Marlena herself :roll:

It's frustrating to watch people put her on a pedestal that she didn't earn until she came after people who others wanted to hate. Here's a tip... your intentions don't matter, Marlena. You can tell yourself you're good and selfless person all you want... your actions speak louder, and eventually they will come back to bite you. You're being petty, hypocritical and opportunistic - the end. You're making your name dragging other people - whether they deserve it or not, you've just signed your own deal with the devil so congrats.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

[Not to mention... can we stop for a second to acknowledge that she is going on camera literally CRYING about being called 'that woman' (as though it is a charged, sexist or racist slur... it's just a little shade honey) and the audience is somehow thinking that's not only justified, it's reasonable? Like I can't. You can't play the "I'm a calm, mature professional" card and then act like that... I just... the audience is so biased against James Charles they don't even notice how ridiculous SHE is being. Hate James, but FFS can we get some perspective?!]
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Ok now I have watched the whole damn thing. Jesus Christ! You guys I and I and I even my husband who was walking past a couple of time was like we know YOU are a saint. It is like if you want to play with the big boys then do it! You can’t go on shade people and cry about that women reply I mean come on!!! Is this really the worst thing you have ever been called?? And we all know that this was to get even on Jackle heck I would have done the same. Waiting for an opportunity to get back at that back stabbing bitch!

Poldl
Debater
Debater

Post by Poldl »

I started watching her video but stopped early on, don't want to get myself worked up over her bullshit lol. Her little "I've been here from the start, oh how things have changed yada yada simpler times" bullshit is pathetic. Yes, the internet culture has changed, maybe move on like everyone else?

Of course the idiots on /r/beautyguruchatter are jerking themselves raw over this video, and repeat the same kind of whining. One person seriously said she cried watching Marlena's old videos because ~~ this community will never be the same~~ LOL! I don't know about them, but I follow a few lower key makeup channels and I'm pretty satisfied with the content I'm watching.

Now every has been in desperate need of views will make a 2 hour long drama video. Screw Tati for starting this trend.

OSheaPunk
Debater
Debater

Post by OSheaPunk »

Poldl wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:15 am

Of course the idiots on /r/beautyguruchatter are jerking themselves raw over this video, and repeat the same kind of whining. One person seriously said she cried watching Marlena's old videos because ~~ this community will never be the same~~ LOL! I don't know about them, but I follow a few lower key makeup channels and I'm pretty satisfied with the content I'm watching.
Thank you. I thought I was going crazy reading that thread...like how can I be the only person to see through Marlena's BS? Thank god all you guys see it.

Quistis
Learner
Learner

Post by Quistis »

Let's see how she can respond to this?
Karma's after your huge ass, Marlena!
English is not my first language. :D

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

The old cow returns to bash the youthful I see. Jealousy is evident in that video. Complaining about the ''influencers'' when Marlena was involved in her own crap herself. She got sent a lot of stuff in the early 2010's and was paid to promote videos but never told this to her subs. She's just mad her ship has sailed.

Post by Guest »

Quistis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm

I found this really interesting! Most of the shadows were already exisiting mug shades, the name still printed on the pan. She was obviously stressing about having all this product not selling that she thought she’d disguise it as “all new shades”.
It’s really a silly move...because most people depot colour pop palettes and make their own z pallet style thing. Very risky business move imo

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu »

The blueish shimmer with a brown-red base...that is an MUG dupe of a Mac shadow, I believe. It is so OG, WnW has a dupe too in their most talked-about palette and it's probably 15 years or older.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

Quistis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Too Faced have been doing this for years in their holiday release palettes. I was stupid enough to buy three holiday palettes before I realised. They remake old shades and give them appropriate names for whatever cutesy packaging they have that year. I believe they used old shades in both the Amrezy palette and the Nikkie Tutorial's palette - according to bloggers. I've also seen Urban Decay rename shades........
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu »

People are really harrassing Melrae and I admit she's not well-spoken or have a snazzy camera presence. But she has actual criticism.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I've just realised that the MUG 'Stroke of Midnight' palette is virtually a copy of the Wet N Wild 'Comfort Zone' palette!
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu »

That's the one. comfort zone is so old. Back in the day both MUG and WnW had Mac dupes, at slightly different price points.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

jozu wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 am
People are really harrassing Melrae and I admit she's not well-spoken or have a snazzy camera presence. But she has actual criticism.
i think she's given viewers a valuable insight to the LIES marlena loves to spew. MUG started as MAC dupes period. oh and was it crown or sigma brushes?
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce »

No defense here for Marlena but it’s business 101 to keep the same product and just rebrand. If we boycott all the companies who do this, we wouldn’t be using jack shit. It’s just obvious she lied about it so blatantly.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 am
It seems like the only person who's forgotten where they came from is Marlena herself :roll:

It's frustrating to watch people put her on a pedestal that she didn't earn until she came after people who others wanted to hate. Here's a tip... your intentions don't matter, Marlena. You can tell yourself you're good and selfless person all you want... your actions speak louder, and eventually they will come back to bite you. You're being petty, hypocritical and opportunistic - the end. You're making your name dragging other people - whether they deserve it or not, you've just signed your own deal with the devil so congrats.
well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. it should be half way completed by now thanks to this sanctimonious fluffernutter. :rofl:

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”