BotoxTV- Part 8

OSheaPunk
Talker
Talker

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by OSheaPunk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:37 pm

She is insane. She said nothing new. She sure thinks she is a wonderful and selfless person.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:02 pm

My thoughts are that she does believe whatever she's spouting. But she's just in this for publicity to sell makeup. Not biting. Colourpop replaced her eyeshadow singles for me and I don't see a need for much else.

ladysunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by ladysunshine » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 pm

Is this woman trying to pull a TATI 2.0 by bashing JC?! WTH?

Allaboutthetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Allaboutthetea » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Did anyone catch at the end of the video she says her husband?!

Quistis
Learner
Learner

Post by Quistis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 pm

First time posting, and I have been a lurker for YEARS! Anyway, did you guys hear what she said about her new man? She called him 'husband'.. I am just shocked! This woman has had two failing marriages before, and now she seems to be making a third mistake!! What's wrong with her? She's almost 40, and still acting like a spoiled teen who can't live without man's attention and 'love'. I am sorry to say this, but it seems like this guy is only in it for the money! Very sad.

I hope I am wrong.
English is not my first language. :D

gakawak
Informer
Informer

Post by gakawak » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:46 pm

I've just got it on in the background, but this is just painful to listen to. It is a rambling mess.

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Lol, I'm here from Tati thread. This video is so Bye Sister 2.0 vibe

summertimesadnesses
Talker
Talker

Post by summertimesadnesses » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:12 am

I'm so annoyed I gave this fucking feature film of a ramble a view, she didn't say anything we already didn't know. If she even said anything new at all. Most of it sounded like her own whiny, self-congratulating version of Tati's "Bye Sister" video. Someone desperately wants to jump on the tea bandwagon for profit. Too bad her brand is dead, which has nothing to do with influencers and everything to do with Colourpop, but by all means go buy her stale stock before it gets discontinued.

Iris Martell
Talker
Talker

Post by Iris Martell » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 am

I'm kind of dead at the fact that she's so irrelevant she did an expose name-dropping the biggest YT'ers out there and it's not making waves at all, lol. Time to retire.

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 am

I actually bothered watching her video aout dear influencer and tl;dr she blames the audience and the companies and not the actual people shilling crap

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:41 am

Iris Martell wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 am
I'm kind of dead at the fact that she's so irrelevant she did an expose name-dropping the biggest YT'ers out there and it's not making waves at all, lol. Time to retire.

So much this. It's like she was trying to think of anything and everything she could to spill the beans about to get people to look her way. Like she wrote a little checklist of influencers she has any level of information on. Like what was even the point of the Partick Starr story. Thank god for watching in 1.75x.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am

CinnamonBun wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 am
I actually bothered watching her video aout dear influencer and tl;dr she blames the audience and the companies and not the actual people shilling crap
she's part of the problem and yet she blamed her audience? hah. what a pile of garbage. is she actually going to leave youtube now? for good?

bye felicia. you were relevant in 2012 and even that was a stretch of the imagination.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am

I'm not a subscriber nor do I watch her videos. I used to waaaayyyy back in the day, but no more. Can anyone give some bullets points on what she discussed as I refused to watch :)

Anywho, I replied just to remind folks in case they forgot, that I believe it was Marlena who was out buying JH's affection with Chanel bags etc....so she isn't one to talk.

QueenE
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by QueenE » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm

"Bye sister" made Tati reach 10 mil subs, now all z list ytubers will do same hoping for same result. Marlena tried..

poulet
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by poulet » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:33 pm

The cringe of it.

lurksalot
Informer
Informer

Post by lurksalot » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:39 pm

This was in the Jaclyn thread, for those who don't wanna watch her film :P

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:28 pm

It reads as incredibly petty grudges being held for a long time. On the plus side, petty stuff is better than hateful stuff.

Temptalia - Temptalia pretty much stood up for herself. Marlena was just like "you're mean" in her video but couldn't say "you're wrong"
James Charles - there's pretty convincing argument that her 60k claim was about him. Or if not him exactly, influencers of his caliber. But as Tina and others have already addressed, Marlena was mad the expensive influencers weren't cheaper and turned up her nose at people who got her brand where she was even able to look at big influencers. It's like Juvia's Place all over again.
MelRae - one of the small influencer who worked with her in the early days. Admittedly her case is messy because she seems to be relying on legality and contracts to argue that Marlena didn't do right by her. Contracts don't care if it's fair. If you want to say Marlena exploited you, just explain your personal history with her.
Tina - Tina was the one who told the full story on how Marlena treated her early collaborators badly. Melrae and others should take note, honestly. Notice how Marlena avoided everything Tina said and focused on Car Chats.
MUG QC issues and liquidity issues - just goes to show Tina made good points, in that if Marlena didn't spread the business too thin, she would have had a better influencer budget, more cushion to properly QC and test packaging, and more funds to develop new products instead of relying on every roll out doing PERFECTLY to have barely enough funds for the next release.

CinnamonBun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CinnamonBun » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 pm

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am
CinnamonBun wrote:
she's part of the problem and yet she blamed her audience? hah. what a pile of garbage. is she actually going to leave youtube now? for good?

bye felicia. you were relevant in 2012 and even that was a stretch of the imagination.

She stated in her original my truth video she was shocked that she got backlash for bribing people to review her products because she wasn't the hottest thing around. She fails to mention that her ingredients are pretty much identical to MAC, a brand she raved about for years, but as soon as she made her own eyeshadows she acted like mac was below her

OSheaPunk
Talker
Talker

Post by OSheaPunk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

She's gonna start a jewelry company when her clothing company is clearly failing? Makes sense. How does she have so much money to invest in these ventures?

jozu
Informer
Informer

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:18 pm

Also steadfastly refuses to say the name Colourpop. I mean, make content, or not. Sponsor people, or not. But every time Marlena comes in calling famous and less famous people out for being ingrates and making her business struggle, people are going to remember ColourPop exists.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:38 pm

CinnamonBun wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 pm
fizzwizz12 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am
CinnamonBun wrote:

She stated in her original my truth video she was shocked that she got backlash for bribing people to review her products because she wasn't the hottest thing around. She fails to mention that her ingredients are pretty much identical to MAC, a brand she raved about for years, but as soon as she made her own eyeshadows she acted like mac was below her
oh i remember that she used expensive pink as the first dupe. and remember when she complained about MAC dropping their single pan prices after she started to gain a wee bit of traction?? i remember the original my truth video... i can't stomach hearing her voice or looking at that face to watch this new crap of a video.
so thank you all for recapping it for me!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Kittygalorex
Debater
Debater

Post by Kittygalorex » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:16 pm

One hour and 35 minutes of my life I’ll never get back watching Marlena’s snooze fest storytelling movie. She is all bark and no bite. She didn’t expose anybody. Her video was more of, “Oh, I was nice to everyone and started everyone up and when they got big, they forgot all about poor me.” She’s just as bad as JH deflecting and not accepting responsibility on being lazy for MUG failing. She brags about how she’s been the OG and in it for 11 years but manage to only get into “select” Target stores while other brands that started later than her are being sold at Sephora or Ulta. I’ve never seen a CEO bitch and moan about everyone and everything as much as Marlena has. Underneath the facade of being oh so caring and sincere, Marlena is very selfish and an attention whore. She brings up how JC ruined her last day of filming with Netflix because he tagged them and the executives called the film crew to discuss. She blamed him for ruining what was a great day but how did he know what she was doing on what day. That Dear Influencers video wasn’t an expose video, it was a video calling out those she felt wronged her.

Sassycat
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassycat » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:33 pm

I love all the ass kissers on twitter acting like they care about MUG now. :rofl: All Marlena did was read from her burn book. She didn’t do this for her concern of the public. Nice try though. :roll: she obviously loves this attention. Her twitter says it all.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:11 am

It seems like the only person who's forgotten where they came from is Marlena herself :roll:

It's frustrating to watch people put her on a pedestal that she didn't earn until she came after people who others wanted to hate. Here's a tip... your intentions don't matter, Marlena. You can tell yourself you're good and selfless person all you want... your actions speak louder, and eventually they will come back to bite you. You're being petty, hypocritical and opportunistic - the end. You're making your name dragging other people - whether they deserve it or not, you've just signed your own deal with the devil so congrats.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 am

[Not to mention... can we stop for a second to acknowledge that she is going on camera literally CRYING about being called 'that woman' (as though it is a charged, sexist or racist slur... it's just a little shade honey) and the audience is somehow thinking that's not only justified, it's reasonable? Like I can't. You can't play the "I'm a calm, mature professional" card and then act like that... I just... the audience is so biased against James Charles they don't even notice how ridiculous SHE is being. Hate James, but FFS can we get some perspective?!]
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”