Iris1969

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by Iris1969 »

Leii wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:
steeviebass wrote:
Irisdelete969 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:28 am
Josie saw her chance to sneak her mum's Ebay account into her latest video again without people noticing it, so she could make an few extra bucks from the sales of those cheap Zimmerman knock offs, even after she was called out for her little scam by some people in the comments of her dupes video.

She really has no scruples whatsoever, does she? :?
I just came here to say the same, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw she'd linked it again (even though it's sold out) she's such a crook!
I wonder what Zimmerman would say about their dresses being duped for one, and that it is a British Blogger that is doing the dirty and reselling those dupes for profit.

I don‘t think he can do much because there are no zimmerman tags on the clothes. At least I think there aren‘t any, I don‘t think she is that stupid to sell counterfeits. I know if it is with tags then it is counterefit, but when it is without, then it is a replica and they are not banned as I am aware, but I‘m not sure. Can we report her to the ASA regarding ebay account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure she checked if she would break any laws or rules and regulations with her little scam before she executed it and that means that reporting her to the ASA probably won't make any difference to her.

The only thing that will stop her is if she loses her popularity on social media when a lot more people find out what a fraud she really is, but unfortunately most people are still fooled by her sickly sweet facade at the moment :?.

Post by Guest »

I can't stand how smug the pair of them looked on the big screen at Ascot 😩 I know I've mentioned this before but I REALLY dislike Ted Baker clothes, Josie's dress looked cheaply made and ill fitting imo, she wouldn't have given it a second glance if it was from anywhere else.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

steeviebass wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:12 pm
I can't stand how smug the pair of them looked on the big screen at Ascot 😩 I know I've mentioned this before but I REALLY dislike Ted Baker clothes, Josie's dress looked cheaply made and ill fitting imo, she wouldn't have given it a second glance if it was from anywhere else.
I agree, but last year their tickets and outfits were provided by Ted Baker, so maybe they did the same thing this year too?

Jordy
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jordy »

I actually really love some of Ted bakers stuff, but Josie always seems to choose the weird ones.I know it’s tradition, but I find the idea of dressing up for a sporting event odd. It seems so uncomfortable, especially if it’s a long event! That’s probably just my west coast upbringing though!

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Josie is suddenly disclosing the fact that she was gifted items by various brands, that she uses vouchers to "purchase" clothes on Net a porter and that she has been doing a few collaborations with River Island lately (but as usual nothing was mentioned in the description box ;-)).

I wonder if she was slapped on the wrist by the ASA for not disclosing things properly in the past :lol:.

Post by Guest »

She never discloses.
It is one of the reasons I do not watch her anymore. I asked her about it once but just got a rude reply from one of her minions. She is one of the worst in terms of honesty and disclosure. It makes it worse when people gush about how sweet and open she is. I couldn't take it anymore.

Lola-Faith
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lola-Faith »

PixelGirl wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 am
steeviebass wrote:
Irisdelete969 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:28 am
Josie saw her chance to sneaked her mum's Ebay account into her latest video again without people noticing it, so she could make an few extra bucks from the sales of those cheap Zimmerman knock offs, even after she was called out for her little scam by some people in the comments of her dupes video.

She really has no scruples whatsoever, does she? :?
I just came here to say the same, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw she'd linked it again (even though it's sold out) she's such a crook!
I wonder what Zimmerman would say about their dresses being duped for one, and that it is a British Blogger that is doing the dirty and reselling those dupes for profit.

If you look at all the current high street stuff, Zara and Topshop and Asos, you will see pieces that have been blatantly copied from runway collections and designers. So many retailers are producing Zimmerman dupes at the moment, and often I see things on Net a Porter and find something similar on the high street. I don't think that is the issue, it's the fact she was trying to earn money by getting viewers/subscribers to buy these dresses from her, using her mum's eBay account as a cover. That is low and shows she needs the money or is just so greedy. In terms of content she is unbelievably dull and fake, she is just like Freddy in that everything she wears is pastel and pretty and with details blah blah. She just seems so uptight and he's basically a wanker! The only good thing about either of them is their dogs!

Post by Guest »

I've just watched it and agree it is odd how she's suddenly being clear about what she's been gifted, I bet she's been told off. Hopefully a massive fine will follow.
All the clothes she was flaunting were predictably beige and boring, I looveee pretty girly clothes which is one of the reasons I used to avidly watch Josie (and Freddy). However I agree that the colour pallette they stick to is so boring, I wear loads of different colours/patterns and still feel feminine!
What's her obsession with straw bags all of a sudden? She got that hideously expensive Prada basket bag, so why's she buying crappy high street ones as well? That totally contradicts her mantra of buying one 'investment piece' when you're confident you love a trend - why would anyone need that many wicker/straw/basket bags? 😒
That hat!! 😳 What a prat she'll look out in public with that thing on her head. (With her hand still covering her face of course because it's the only stance she knows how to do when the camera comes out)
The only reason I'm still checking up on her Instagram and YouTube is to see if she's going to let on somehow if there's been any consequences from the Zimmermann rip off video, I'm totally done with her 😤

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

steeviebass wrote: I've just watched it and agree it is odd how she's suddenly being clear about what she's been gifted, I bet she's been told off. Hopefully a massive fine will follow.
All the clothes she was flaunting were predictably beige and boring, I looveee pretty girly clothes which is one of the reasons I used to avidly watch Josie (and Freddy). However I agree that the colour pallette they stick to is so boring, I wear loads of different colours/patterns and still feel feminine!
What's her obsession with straw bags all of a sudden? She got that hideously expensive Prada basket bag, so why's she buying crappy high street ones as well? That totally contradicts her mantra of buying one 'investment piece' when you're confident you love a trend - why would anyone need that many wicker/straw/basket bags? 😒
That hat!! 😳 What a prat she'll look out in public with that thing on her head. (With her hand still covering her face of course because it's the only stance she knows how to do when the camera comes out)
The only reason I'm still checking up on her Instagram and YouTube is to see if she's going to let on somehow if there's been any consequences from the Zimmermann rip off video, I'm totally done with her 😤
The only reason I'm still checking up on her IG and YT (but I'm skipping large parts if her vlogs, especially when her twat partner is in them :?) is that I want to see how long it takes before more people wise up to her scams, lies and manipulations, like we did in the past.

Leii
Debater
Debater

Post by Leii »

steeviebass wrote:I've just watched it and agree it is odd how she's suddenly being clear about what she's been gifted, I bet she's been told off. Hopefully a massive fine will follow.
What's her obsession with straw bags all of a sudden? She got that hideously expensive Prada basket bag, so why's she buying crappy high street ones as well? That totally contradicts her mantra of buying one 'investment piece' when you're confident you love a trend - why would anyone need that many wicker/straw/basket bags? Image
That hat!! Image What a prat she'll look out in public with that thing on her head. (With her hand still covering her face of course because it's the only stance she knows how to do when the camera comes out)
The only reason I'm still checking up on her Instagram and YouTube is to see if she's going to let on somehow if there's been any consequences from the Zimmermann rip off video, I'm totally done with her Image

I don‘t think we should hold our breath to wait and see about the ebay and zimmergate , she will never tell. And people are still gullible, still asking about links for the ebay account Image

Post by Guest »

Leii wrote:
steeviebass wrote:I've just watched it and agree it is odd how she's suddenly being clear about what she's been gifted, I bet she's been told off. Hopefully a massive fine will follow.
What's her obsession with straw bags all of a sudden? She got that hideously expensive Prada basket bag, so why's she buying crappy high street ones as well? That totally contradicts her mantra of buying one 'investment piece' when you're confident you love a trend - why would anyone need that many wicker/straw/basket bags? Image
That hat!! Image What a prat she'll look out in public with that thing on her head. (With her hand still covering her face of course because it's the only stance she knows how to do when the camera comes out)
The only reason I'm still checking up on her Instagram and YouTube is to see if she's going to let on somehow if there's been any consequences from the Zimmermann rip off video, I'm totally done with her Image

I don‘t think we should hold our breath to wait and see about the ebay and zimmergate , she will never tell. And people are still gullible, still asking about links for the ebay account Image

I think you're right unfortunately :(
It just annoys me to think she's out there living her best life from ill gotten gains while the rest of us have to work and save so hard for things she takes for granted. There are a few good influencers out there who are so gracious and grateful for gifted items and can't wait to share with their followers who they're working with. The ones like Josie who rarely disclose and pull stunts like Zimmergate just give them all a bad name.
I can't believe she acts so sweet and coy when we know for a fact she's stolen content from other YouTubers, bought followers, ripped off her fans etc. Who knows what other scams she has in the pipeline, or how many more she's gotten away with.
How ironic when she was describing the plot of the movie from the film premiere she went to: A man wakes up from a coma and he's the only one who knows about the Beatles, so he re-releases all their songs and passes them off as his own to become rich and famous - then faces a 'moral conundrum' :roll: I bet you really identifed with that Josie!

Leii
Debater
Debater

Post by Leii »

Has the person she stole her content from managed to do something? Can she do something? She‘s called Rachel right?

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Nope, Rachel mailed her, but she didn't reply. Then she posted in the comments of Josie's video, but Josie denied everything and even managed to make herself look like the victim of other copycats :roll:.

Post by Guest »

Yep, Josie turned it around so she was the victim. (apparently she was the first person to film a 'come shopping with me' video.) :roll:
Josie DEFINITELY copied the beauty mistakes video and a good 50% of the how to look for quality was word for word the same as Rachel's.
I think Rachel handled the situation very well, even though there's nothing she could do and must have been feeling so frustrated, she still replied to Josie very politely. Josie's ego must be massive to think she can get away with doing that.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

steeviebass wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:45 am
Leii wrote:

I think you're right unfortunately :(
It just annoys me to think she's out there living her best life from ill gotten gains while the rest of us have to work and save so hard for things she takes for granted. There are a few good influencers out there who are so gracious and grateful for gifted items and can't wait to share with their followers who they're working with. The ones like Josie who rarely disclose and pull stunts like Zimmergate just give them all a bad name.
I can't believe she acts so sweet and coy when we know for a fact she's stolen content from other YouTubers, bought followers, ripped off her fans etc. Who knows what other scams she has in the pipeline, or how many more she's gotten away with.
How ironic when she was describing the plot of the movie from the film premiere she went to: A man wakes up from a coma and he's the only one who knows about the Beatles, so he re-releases all their songs and passes them off as his own to become rich and famous - then faces a 'moral conundrum' :roll: I bet you really identified with that Josie!
I doubt she is able to see that her own behaviour is very similar to his. She probably uses so many mental gymnastics that she is still convinced that she is a sweet honest person, who only uses smart business tactics and I bet that Charlie and her mum agree with her (and maybe even encourage her) :roll:.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

In her latest Topshop haul Josie managed to squeeze the brand name in for a whopping total of 22 times :?. She is such a slippery snake oil salesperson with all of her brainwashing techniques :?.

And she doesn't care about any of the moral concerns that people have about the company owner either:

Follower: "Hi there do you have any concerns about supporting the owner of this brand given the current situation?"

Greedy Josie using one of her many justifications in order to look like a nice honest person: "to be honest, I don’t alter where I shop based on the actions of one person! I’ve worked at Topshop in the past and I know there are hundreds of brilliant people who work for the brand. I adore their clothes, so... I will continue to shop there!"

And she is a liar too, because we all know that she is such a snob that she wouldn't want to be caught died in Topshop clothes IRL :lol:.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Iris1969 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 am
In her latest Topshop haul Josie managed to squeeze the brand name in for a whopping total of 22 times :?. She is such a slippery snake oil salesperson with all of her brainwashing techniques :?.

And she doesn't care about any of the moral concerns that people have about the company owner either:

Follower: "Hi there do you have any concerns about supporting the owner of this brand given the current situation?"

Greedy Josie using one of her many justifications in order to look like a nice honest person: "to be honest, I don’t alter where I shop based on the actions of one person! I’ve worked at Topshop in the past and I know there are hundreds of brilliant people who work for the brand. I adore their clothes, so... I will continue to shop there!"

And she is a liar too, because we all know that she is such a snob that she wouldn't want to be caught died* in Topshop clothes IRL :lol:.
*dead

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

What happened with Topshop?

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:03 pm
What happened with Topshop?
a #metoo scandal.

Post by Guest »

The chief executive of Ted Baker recently resigned because of similar allegations as well, it seems to be quite prevalent in the fashion industry. Well done to the girls who spoke out!
Off topic but does anyone else find Topshop and other mid range high street shops to be a bit rubbish anyway? Although a lot of influencers can make the clothes look good for a photo, I'm always disappointed when I see them myself in the store or try them on.
It's a similar situation with Zara, H&M & River Island :/ I truly believe Josie wouldn't wear Topshop if she wasn't an ambassador for them.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”