Perriesmithie wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:32 am
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:17 am
Perriesmithie wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:28 am
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm
I still have such a soft spot for both Connor and Troye and actually want them both to do well. even though Connor's stuff bores me to death now (he barely does anything anyway...) and since I don't really like Pop music I only like a few of Troye's songs. That being said I think the biggest problem was Connor's non-existent personality. That guy is someone that simply copies others. Hobbies, interests, looks, personality everything is simply a copy of the people he hangs out with. It was obvious when he got close to Troye and fell in love with him. Since Troye was quite clear about his actual goal being music and not youtube all of a sudden youtube wasn't "good enough" for Connor either and also needed other goals. All of a sudden he was also so interested in music (all the musicians and music he liked he got from Troye), needed to write a book and became super artsy (lol)... And basically everything revolved around Troye. He wanted to be like Troye and wanted to be where Troye was and started to only hang out with Troye's people and the people he met through Troye. He was clearly depended on Troye and being the romantic person he is, he probably thought that a relationship like that would work out and last forever. As much as I feel bad for Connor for just not being able to "find himself", imagine being a 20 year old who just started his career he had always dreamed about and trying to find his way in the music business and having a boyfriend who depends on you like that. A boyfriend who made his whole life about you. A nightmare, literally a nightmare.

By now Troye has pretty much explained through his songs on bloom and in interviews what had happened. In "plum" he admits that he wanted to end the relationship for a while but had a hard time ending it and in interviews he admitted that songs on Blue neighborhood were already about the downfall of the relationship. Just listen to "lost boy" which actually already explains everything. Troye's mistake was clearly stringing Connor along for too long. He probably was not able to tell Connor to his face that he just wasn't the one for him and most likely told Connor some bullshit story when he broke up with him that he was just not able to have a relationship at the moment because of all the touring and bla bla bla. Troye was most likely not honest to Connor and Connor probably thought Troye would come back to him after Tour (which would explain all his sappy ass tweets and posts on SC like tweeting "any day, any time" and singing "I am waiting for you darling, I am waiting for your word" on SC and all that shit. And there was a lot...). I don't want to be too hard on a 20 year old for not breaking up with someone the "right way" but yeah that was shitty of Troye.

And then Jacob happened. I know it's not fair to compare 2 people, but I mean the fact that Troye started a relationship so soon after the break up with someone who is totally different to Connor and that relationship actually working out, is kind of telling. All of a sudden Troye had no problem settling down and committing to Jacob. He had no problem packing all his things up and moving to LA and moving in with Jacob and getting a dog with him. no longer a "lost boy not ready to be found". No hiding the relationship either, no problem saying Jacob's name in interviews and talking about his love for him. (Also no problem saying that he has never loved anyone as much as he loves Jacob and that he has never experienced being crazy in love until with Jacob and that he only bottoms for Jacob and and and....). And Jacob and Connor could not be more different. Jacob seems to be such a confident guy who just loves living his life. Sure he also goes on Tour with Troye but he clearly has his own life with his own friends and it never seems like his happiness depends on Troye. And he also didn't change to accommodate to Troye. He still hangs with his own friends from before he met Troye, still loves his abstract art stuff and reading lots of books (unlike Troye) and all that stuff he already did before Troye. He didn't try to become Troye unlike Connor. And it seems like that's actually what Troye wanted, someone like that. Someone who shows HIM new stuff and introduces HIM to new people.

Connor's lack of personality is just so obvious. Look at his house for example. That whole interior looks like he just took it straight out of a home depot catalog. No sign of any personality or what his interests are or anything that seems like "oh that's so typical for Connor". Nothing. And then Connor's "art".... Let's be real he just likes "pretty" things. Not that that is bad or not art or anything, but everyone with a good camera or good phone can take pretty pictures, literally everyone. That's nothing special or outstanding and also doesn't really make you an artsy guy. He is just like every other tumblr user. It's embarrassing when he tries to make a big deal out of how much he loves art when in reality he probably doesn't even know the names of a lot of artists in the real art scene, he probably has no idea what to make of anything that is more abstract and not just "pretty to look at". He probably doesn't even know a lot about art outside of pretty instagram and tumblr pics. And how he now tries to be "woke". I can't roll my eyes hard enough. He clearly just sees stuff on twitter and stuff other people talk about and picks it up and all of a sudden thinks he is an expert in it. Every few months it's something different. Right now it seems to be sustainability. But nothing ever comes across as sincere, just something he picked up on twitter. And what was even the point of his latest youtube video??? How many times is he going to say the same boring stuff over and over again?? Yes Connor we have all noticed that you still haven't found yourself and you still have no idea what you are doing and you are still lost. We can tell without you making every single video about it.

And lastly yeah I do think that Connor is still not over Troye. And sadly I think if Troye and Jacob would ever break up, Connor would try to get back into Troye's life immediately. When Troye's album came out I thought he was cruel for making "the good side" and "plum", but over time I changed my mind. Up until the release of the album Connor regularly tweeted sappy shit which was clearly towards Troye, but when the album came out it stopped. I have no doubt that Connor listened to every single song and looked up all the lyrics to see if there were any hidden messages from Troye where he miraculously would express his deep regrets for losing Connor and missing him and declaring his undying love for Connor (just like Connor did in Note to self: "I hope you know I still admire you, I hope you know I still desire you" and many more terribly embarrassing poems clearly meant for Troye). Instead he found 2 songs about him were Troye admits to wanting to end the relationship for a long time and "apologizing" for having it so much better than him. And the rest of the album was about his undying love for Jacob. Ouch but I now think that this is exactly what Connor needed to hear. Maybe Troye tried to make up for his lack of honesty during the relationship and break up with Connor...

Phew that was a lot lmao.
The thing you said about Troye wanting someone who shows him new stuff and introduces him to new people is so true, I mean I never thought I'd see the day where Troye would actually start reading books lol even his fans knew it was because of Jacob and even though he's literally a popstar Jacob still gets him into new music and new artists which you can tell Troye loves judging by the huge smile on his face when he was talking about it during an interview.
And he's actually hanging out with his boyfriend's friends now not his friends that his boyfriend turned into his own (and only) friends at first I didn't know how the relationship was going to work seeing as Jacob and the people he hangs out with are on a whole other level than Connor and his YouTube community friends but I realise now that this is the change Troye needed and wanted and they're really good for each other.
Yes I also think Troye had to learn a lot from Jacob. It's interesting to me now looking back on the tronnor relationship. While they were together I just thought it was cute and sweet and now I think they were not good for each other. I think Troye was Connor's first everything with a guy and he only came out publicly during their relationship. It was all new for him and was probably still scared and insecure about the whole situation. Troye has talked multiple times about his own inner homophobia and that probably caused him to be unsure about how to handle the relationship. i don't think it was the decision of just one of them to hide their relationship, I genuinely think it was both of them who didn't know how to handle their relationship. I think they both still struggled with being openly gay and accepting themselves. Then add them both being youtubers and having friends in the youtube community which basically caused them to live in a bubble distanced from the real world. I feel like they held each other back from evolving. They lived in this weird unrealistic bubble where they were both insecure, scared and not really growing up or growing at all. They didn't help each other to get confident or to find themselves or to grow but instead kept each other small, scared, insecure and hidden away. Connor with his dependent personality probably didn't even realize that Troye too needed someone to help him and guide him out of this bubble they were stuck in.

Jacob is just 1 year older than Troye but he was already much more experienced than Troye when they met. That guy had already been in a 4 year relationship before Troye. He started dating his ex-bf when he was just 17 and they broke up shortly before he met Troye when he was 21. They even lived together and his ex was also 4 years older than him. So Jacob already had all this experience being in a normal, mature, openly gay long term relationship. He was already clearly comfortable in who he was and was living his life openly. I have no doubt that this is what Troye needed to be able to get out of his own bubble and away from his own inner demons aka his inner homophobia and self hate. I remember during one interview (i think with billboard) when he was asked to describe his relationship with Jacob, he described it as a very loving and healthy relationship. That kind of struck me because I don't think 'healthy' would be one of the first words to describe a relationship if you hadn't experienced unhealthy relationships before. I think meeting Jacob was very important for Troye and I wish someone like that for Connor as well. Someone who will help him to grow and evolve and will help him to love himself.

On a different note. I saw that Connor was working on a new Youtube video. I wonder if he will eventually start doing collabs again. I would really like to see that and I would also like to see him being happy doing Youtube videos again because my god in all his latest videos he looked like it was just a task he had to do but hated doing. He already made a new intro, outro and a new set and I hope his content will also change again. Enough with the constant depressing shit. It's ok if it's once in a while but not constantly. Sorry but depression is not a personality trait Connor.
Can I just say that I love the way you write, the way you explain things in such detail (if that's the right phrasing for it) is so satisfying. Also do you happen to know who Jacobs ex boyfriend is, I've been trying to look him up for a while now out of curiosity, I didn't even know they were together for that long and lived together and seeing as Jacob was 17 when they started dating and the guy was 4 years older wouldn't that have been illegal?
Thank you! I know that his name is Jordan but unfortunately I have forgotten his last name :( He had an instagram but at some point he deleted it and then I forgot his last name... Yeah it was a long relationship and that french bulldog that is in a lot of Jacob's older pictures, is Jordan's dog. When the fandom realized that Jacob was hanging out with Troye a lot of stalking happened lmao and there are pictures of Jacob and his ex together as early as January 2012. And those were already pics of them being all cuddly and cozy and clearly a couple. The last time Jacob posted a picture of Jordan's dog at their place was at the end of January 2016; that makes 4 years. In January 2012 Jacob was definitely still 17 (his birthday is end of may) and Jordan was 21, so yeeeeah maybe a little bit scandalous lol but I mean they did date for 4 years so it was clearly love *shrug*.

Perriesmithie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Perriesmithie »

Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 am
Perriesmithie wrote:
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Perriesmithie wrote:
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm
I still have such a soft spot for both Connor and Troye and actually want them both to do well. even though Connor's stuff bores me to death now (he barely does anything anyway...) and since I don't really like Pop music I only like a few of Troye's songs. That being said I think the biggest problem was Connor's non-existent personality. That guy is someone that simply copies others. Hobbies, interests, looks, personality everything is simply a copy of the people he hangs out with. It was obvious when he got close to Troye and fell in love with him. Since Troye was quite clear about his actual goal being music and not youtube all of a sudden youtube wasn't "good enough" for Connor either and also needed other goals. All of a sudden he was also so interested in music (all the musicians and music he liked he got from Troye), needed to write a book and became super artsy (lol)... And basically everything revolved around Troye. He wanted to be like Troye and wanted to be where Troye was and started to only hang out with Troye's people and the people he met through Troye. He was clearly depended on Troye and being the romantic person he is, he probably thought that a relationship like that would work out and last forever. As much as I feel bad for Connor for just not being able to "find himself", imagine being a 20 year old who just started his career he had always dreamed about and trying to find his way in the music business and having a boyfriend who depends on you like that. A boyfriend who made his whole life about you. A nightmare, literally a nightmare.

By now Troye has pretty much explained through his songs on bloom and in interviews what had happened. In "plum" he admits that he wanted to end the relationship for a while but had a hard time ending it and in interviews he admitted that songs on Blue neighborhood were already about the downfall of the relationship. Just listen to "lost boy" which actually already explains everything. Troye's mistake was clearly stringing Connor along for too long. He probably was not able to tell Connor to his face that he just wasn't the one for him and most likely told Connor some bullshit story when he broke up with him that he was just not able to have a relationship at the moment because of all the touring and bla bla bla. Troye was most likely not honest to Connor and Connor probably thought Troye would come back to him after Tour (which would explain all his sappy ass tweets and posts on SC like tweeting "any day, any time" and singing "I am waiting for you darling, I am waiting for your word" on SC and all that shit. And there was a lot...). I don't want to be too hard on a 20 year old for not breaking up with someone the "right way" but yeah that was shitty of Troye.

And then Jacob happened. I know it's not fair to compare 2 people, but I mean the fact that Troye started a relationship so soon after the break up with someone who is totally different to Connor and that relationship actually working out, is kind of telling. All of a sudden Troye had no problem settling down and committing to Jacob. He had no problem packing all his things up and moving to LA and moving in with Jacob and getting a dog with him. no longer a "lost boy not ready to be found". No hiding the relationship either, no problem saying Jacob's name in interviews and talking about his love for him. (Also no problem saying that he has never loved anyone as much as he loves Jacob and that he has never experienced being crazy in love until with Jacob and that he only bottoms for Jacob and and and....). And Jacob and Connor could not be more different. Jacob seems to be such a confident guy who just loves living his life. Sure he also goes on Tour with Troye but he clearly has his own life with his own friends and it never seems like his happiness depends on Troye. And he also didn't change to accommodate to Troye. He still hangs with his own friends from before he met Troye, still loves his abstract art stuff and reading lots of books (unlike Troye) and all that stuff he already did before Troye. He didn't try to become Troye unlike Connor. And it seems like that's actually what Troye wanted, someone like that. Someone who shows HIM new stuff and introduces HIM to new people.

Connor's lack of personality is just so obvious. Look at his house for example. That whole interior looks like he just took it straight out of a home depot catalog. No sign of any personality or what his interests are or anything that seems like "oh that's so typical for Connor". Nothing. And then Connor's "art".... Let's be real he just likes "pretty" things. Not that that is bad or not art or anything, but everyone with a good camera or good phone can take pretty pictures, literally everyone. That's nothing special or outstanding and also doesn't really make you an artsy guy. He is just like every other tumblr user. It's embarrassing when he tries to make a big deal out of how much he loves art when in reality he probably doesn't even know the names of a lot of artists in the real art scene, he probably has no idea what to make of anything that is more abstract and not just "pretty to look at". He probably doesn't even know a lot about art outside of pretty instagram and tumblr pics. And how he now tries to be "woke". I can't roll my eyes hard enough. He clearly just sees stuff on twitter and stuff other people talk about and picks it up and all of a sudden thinks he is an expert in it. Every few months it's something different. Right now it seems to be sustainability. But nothing ever comes across as sincere, just something he picked up on twitter. And what was even the point of his latest youtube video??? How many times is he going to say the same boring stuff over and over again?? Yes Connor we have all noticed that you still haven't found yourself and you still have no idea what you are doing and you are still lost. We can tell without you making every single video about it.

And lastly yeah I do think that Connor is still not over Troye. And sadly I think if Troye and Jacob would ever break up, Connor would try to get back into Troye's life immediately. When Troye's album came out I thought he was cruel for making "the good side" and "plum", but over time I changed my mind. Up until the release of the album Connor regularly tweeted sappy shit which was clearly towards Troye, but when the album came out it stopped. I have no doubt that Connor listened to every single song and looked up all the lyrics to see if there were any hidden messages from Troye where he miraculously would express his deep regrets for losing Connor and missing him and declaring his undying love for Connor (just like Connor did in Note to self: "I hope you know I still admire you, I hope you know I still desire you" and many more terribly embarrassing poems clearly meant for Troye). Instead he found 2 songs about him were Troye admits to wanting to end the relationship for a long time and "apologizing" for having it so much better than him. And the rest of the album was about his undying love for Jacob. Ouch but I now think that this is exactly what Connor needed to hear. Maybe Troye tried to make up for his lack of honesty during the relationship and break up with Connor...

Phew that was a lot lmao.
The thing you said about Troye wanting someone who shows him new stuff and introduces him to new people is so true, I mean I never thought I'd see the day where Troye would actually start reading books lol even his fans knew it was because of Jacob and even though he's literally a popstar Jacob still gets him into new music and new artists which you can tell Troye loves judging by the huge smile on his face when he was talking about it during an interview.
And he's actually hanging out with his boyfriend's friends now not his friends that his boyfriend turned into his own (and only) friends at first I didn't know how the relationship was going to work seeing as Jacob and the people he hangs out with are on a whole other level than Connor and his YouTube community friends but I realise now that this is the change Troye needed and wanted and they're really good for each other.
Yes I also think Troye had to learn a lot from Jacob. It's interesting to me now looking back on the tronnor relationship. While they were together I just thought it was cute and sweet and now I think they were not good for each other. I think Troye was Connor's first everything with a guy and he only came out publicly during their relationship. It was all new for him and was probably still scared and insecure about the whole situation. Troye has talked multiple times about his own inner homophobia and that probably caused him to be unsure about how to handle the relationship. i don't think it was the decision of just one of them to hide their relationship, I genuinely think it was both of them who didn't know how to handle their relationship. I think they both still struggled with being openly gay and accepting themselves. Then add them both being youtubers and having friends in the youtube community which basically caused them to live in a bubble distanced from the real world. I feel like they held each other back from evolving. They lived in this weird unrealistic bubble where they were both insecure, scared and not really growing up or growing at all. They didn't help each other to get confident or to find themselves or to grow but instead kept each other small, scared, insecure and hidden away. Connor with his dependent personality probably didn't even realize that Troye too needed someone to help him and guide him out of this bubble they were stuck in.

Jacob is just 1 year older than Troye but he was already much more experienced than Troye when they met. That guy had already been in a 4 year relationship before Troye. He started dating his ex-bf when he was just 17 and they broke up shortly before he met Troye when he was 21. They even lived together and his ex was also 4 years older than him. So Jacob already had all this experience being in a normal, mature, openly gay long term relationship. He was already clearly comfortable in who he was and was living his life openly. I have no doubt that this is what Troye needed to be able to get out of his own bubble and away from his own inner demons aka his inner homophobia and self hate. I remember during one interview (i think with billboard) when he was asked to describe his relationship with Jacob, he described it as a very loving and healthy relationship. That kind of struck me because I don't think 'healthy' would be one of the first words to describe a relationship if you hadn't experienced unhealthy relationships before. I think meeting Jacob was very important for Troye and I wish someone like that for Connor as well. Someone who will help him to grow and evolve and will help him to love himself.

On a different note. I saw that Connor was working on a new Youtube video. I wonder if he will eventually start doing collabs again. I would really like to see that and I would also like to see him being happy doing Youtube videos again because my god in all his latest videos he looked like it was just a task he had to do but hated doing. He already made a new intro, outro and a new set and I hope his content will also change again. Enough with the constant depressing shit. It's ok if it's once in a while but not constantly. Sorry but depression is not a personality trait Connor.
Can I just say that I love the way you write, the way you explain things in such detail (if that's the right phrasing for it) is so satisfying. Also do you happen to know who Jacobs ex boyfriend is, I've been trying to look him up for a while now out of curiosity, I didn't even know they were together for that long and lived together and seeing as Jacob was 17 when they started dating and the guy was 4 years older wouldn't that have been illegal?
Thank you! I know that his name is Jordan but unfortunately I have forgotten his last name :( He had an instagram but at some point he deleted it and then I forgot his last name... Yeah it was a long relationship and that french bulldog that is in a lot of Jacob's older pictures, is Jordan's dog. When the fandom realized that Jacob was hanging out with Troye a lot of stalking happened lmao and there are pictures of Jacob and his ex together as early as January 2012. And those were already pics of them being all cuddly and cozy and clearly a couple. The last time Jacob posted a picture of Jordan's dog at their place was at the end of January 2016; that makes 4 years. In January 2012 Jacob was definitely still 17 (his birthday is end of may) and Jordan was 21, so yeeeeah maybe a little bit scandalous lol but I mean they did date for 4 years so it was clearly love *shrug*.
Oh wow, do you know where I can find the pictures?

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kafkaontheshore »

Perriesmithie wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:36 pm
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Perriesmithie wrote:
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Perriesmithie wrote:

no idea where to find them online now. Back then it was easier because you could find them in Jacob's tagged pictures if you scrolled down far enough but now there are just too many pics and a lot got deleted (but if you want to scroll forever you might still find some in his tagged pics on instagram lol). I did find 2 pics in one of my old folders that are definitely from early 2012. Let's see if i can post them here, I have actually no idea how that works....

The feet with the Tattoos are Jordan's and the other are Jacob's (they were tagged in the pic)
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perriesmithie
Learner
Learner

Post by Perriesmithie »

Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:49 pm
Perriesmithie wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:36 pm
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Perriesmithie wrote:
Kafkaontheshore wrote:

no idea where to find them online now. Back then it was easier because you could find them in Jacob's tagged pictures if you scrolled down far enough but now there are just too many pics and a lot got deleted (but if you want to scroll forever you might still find some in his tagged pics on instagram lol). I did find 2 pics in one of my old folders that are definitely from early 2012. Let's see if i can post them here, I have actually no idea how that works....

The feet with the Tattoos are Jordan's and the other are Jacob's (they were tagged in the pic)

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg
Thank you so much :)

Post by Guest »

New Video.
He’s so off his meds!

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker

I know i wanted Connor to stop with his depressing videos but my god was that boring. No words. If he wants to continue with the videos, he should start doing collabs again to get people interested in him again.

It's really a shame. Derek Blasberg now works for Youtube and he has literally all the connections anyone could hope for. That guy is friends with every big celebrity and has all the connections in the fashion world and entertainment industry. Derek can really open doors for people who want to get into the hollywood/music/fashion business. He was the one who got James Charles to the Met Gala to represent "Team Youtube". He wants to get Youtubers more involved in all those kinds of events and give them more spotlight. Connor was literally the It-Youtuber a few years ago and if he kept it up he would now have a huge chance to get into those kinds of events. But also maybe that is the reason why he started doing videos again? Maybe he also sees that chance? If so he really needs to step it up...

Post by Guest »

The “off his meds” was not a joke — his behaviour is quite a bit concerning.

Here are some ideas from my last walk [the more coherent ones :? ] and I’d be happy to see your opinions.

Short excursion for illustration (because it’s more publicly available):
I fell into a Harry Styles hole for the last few days and, seriously, I don’t understand why he hasn’t shave his head, tattered himself up to resemble a coal miner and put a shotgun in his mouth yet!
There is so much material about him that one can put into any narrative: From Larry (married since Sept.13 and in love since H was 16), to him being a Casanova and heartbreaker, to him dating/fucking every woman he’s ever known.
And then you see the video of foetus H crying over hate, because he messed up on stage.
He must have an amazing support system or be dead behind the eyes (which probably is unlikely).
Imagine if you were gay and got this shit from 16-24 — most people struggle with coming out to their relatives — your psychiatrist would be a rich man/woman.

Now about C.
Gay rumours and being closeted for years, while being in the public eye. (And probably romantically linked with female YouTubers.)
Oakley even tries to make your coming-out about himself.
No wonder Troyler kept it secret — the rumour mill was quite productive without much actual information anyway.
A lot of gays struggle with life goals I find, because the boy-meets-girl -> grand-children narrative doesn’t work. And what is there to do? Earn money and have a hedonistic lifestyle? It all becomes a bit meaningless without posterity. Thus some gays maybe tend to romanticise the boy-meets-boy stuff.
Gay relationships being so extremely fetishised via fanfiction and shipping made the boy-meets-boy stuff mainstream. C. made a video about dirty fanfiction & himself.
pressure on himself to be successful: athlete -> businessman

-> mental health
(cf. above) CEO of three companies, the YouTube pressure (viewer counts don’t lie), advertising some random shit, keeping up with social media and so on
— I mean, some people get burnout from regular domestic cleaning. Imagine finding videos on YouTube titled “Connor Franta is irrelevant.”

Your life being constantly scrutinised by fans, gossipYouTubers and at some point media.
— I mean, some people get schizophrenic, paranoid and agoraphobic after a bad breakup or being fired from their job

Some psychiatrists say that having walks helps against depression.
— I get that he was “the state champion in the mile” and a competitive athlete, but there is a slight difference between a stroll in the park and watching Nash take a dump and running marathons.

Him making an instagram story about editing a 2 second clip for 45 minutes.
— obsessive?

Probably I’m just overthinking and filtering everything to fit my narrative like every shipper ever :tu: ,
but manic behaviour leading to burnout anyone?

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WildBoy »

Connor’s post-YouTube transition continues. He’s had a camaraderie with Ian David Monroe for a couple years and he is now representing Connor as a photographer. Good for Connor! Still have doubts he will upload more than 10 videos this year.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WildBoy »

Glad to hear Connor is lending his voice to the documentary, Stonewall Outloud, coming 26 June.

“Stonewall Outloud combines StoryCorps’ 1989 audio documentary Remembering Stonewall with contemporary voices in the LGBTQ community, including YouTube creator Conor Franta and Olympian Adam Rippon.”

News article here:
http://realscreen.com/2019/05/13/world- ... rsary-doc/

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker

I guess he is lucky that he is friends with Ian David Monroe because he is not a great photographer. All his pictures are boring and uninspired and literally anyone with a good camera can take them. But Ian is the one who got him the (very few) photographer jobs before so maybe he will be able to get him a few more. But at this point I take nothing he does seriously. What the hell happened to that podcast??? like seriously? lmao. Is that already dead? What happened to common culture? dead? Is he doing anything else at Heardwell because he never talks about it anymore. His youtube career is dead as well going by the number of views of his last video. Nothing he starts ever works out or lasts... I just seriously don't get what his plans for the future are. He is just 26 but he already barely works...

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

I'm shocked that Mister Brand himself isn't trying to be a Guru himself.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WildBoy »

ballamyblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm
How broke is he that he is doing a Q&A again? I mean that was legit his content before he went MIA but good lord of course he comes out with a click bate LGBT Q&A... At least he is at least answering questions for the first time ever. Is he on something? Like not something illegally obtained something but just some sort of medication?

On the plus side no push for Audible mixed in with the questions.

Guessing his mood is a combination of:
* Releasing his 5th video for the year
* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

WildBoy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm
ballamyblue wrote:

* Releasing a LGBTQ-themed video in hopes it gets the views of his previous video
* Releasing this video and being the upcoming GLSRN keynote speaker are positive contributions in his eyes
* Possibly an adjustment to his prescriptions after Ian dumped him right before Valentine’s Day
I know I kept waiting for him to mention Audible or something that would bring the money back into his account. Idk how he lives in order to keep his rent up. Do his fans seriously watch enough of his old videos to keep him living that comfortably?

He still hasn't found the perfect blend for his medication... Idk whether to roll my eyes or feel bad for him.

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker

WildBoy wrote:
ballamyblue wrote:

Are we sure Ian dumped him and it wasn't the other way around? It's so hilarious how Ian followed Troye again but it's even more hilarious that he followed Jacob, Troye's boyfriend, and regularly likes his posts lmao. Doesn't that sound kind of bitter? idk. Would be kind of ironic if Connor hurt Ian, because when Connor got hurt he wrote a whole ass book about it and literally blamed Troye for his depression which is still so wild to me that someone can be this manipulative and sorry to say: crazy. and all because a 20 year old broke up with him. WILD!

Obviously the gay Q&A was a try to get more views again, but I must say I still liked the video a lot more than his depressive oh-I'm-so-lost bullshit.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WildBoy »

ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm
WildBoy wrote:
ballamyblue wrote:

I know I kept waiting for him to mention Audible or something that would bring the money back into his account. Idk how he lives in order to keep his rent up. Do his fans seriously watch enough of his old videos to keep him living that comfortably?

He still hasn't found the perfect blend for his medication... Idk whether to roll my eyes or feel bad for him.
I would assume he’s financially set for awhile.

You can roll your eyes but in the end feel bad for Connor. I have an ex who I separated with a few years ago because his meds weren’t (and still aren’t) the perfect blend. Took a serious toll on the relationship and affects him to this day (just not as much). Unfortunately, there is no one size fits all solution for treating depression, etc. and I hope Connor finds some peace and thereby finds his way.

WildBoy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WildBoy »

Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 pm
WildBoy wrote:
ballamyblue wrote:

Are we sure Ian dumped him and it wasn't the other way around? It's so hilarious how Ian followed Troye again but it's even more hilarious that he followed Jacob, Troye's boyfriend, and regularly likes his posts lmao. Doesn't that sound kind of bitter? idk. Would be kind of ironic if Connor hurt Ian, because when Connor got hurt he wrote a whole ass book about it and literally blamed Troye for his depression which is still so wild to me that someone can be this manipulative and sorry to say: crazy. and all because a 20 year old broke up with him. WILD!

Obviously the gay Q&A was a try to get more views again, but I must say I still liked the video a lot more than his depressive oh-I'm-so-lost bullshit.
Tweets like this reflect being dumped. And right before Valentines had to crush his fragile self more so. Ian was sharing posts of him out drinking with friends at this time while Connor didn’t change clothes.

I’m all for the queer Q&A type videos because they have an opportunity to help some queer, closeted kid.

Kafkaontheshore
Lurker
Lurker

WildBoy wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm
Kafkaontheshore wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 pm
WildBoy wrote:
ballamyblue wrote:

Tweets like this reflect being dumped. And right before Valentines had to crush his fragile self more so. Ian was sharing posts of him out drinking with friends at this time while Connor didn’t change clothes.

I’m all for the queer Q&A type videos because they have an opportunity to help some queer, closeted kid.
hmm yeah you could be right, but then why is Ian also acting so petty? Like what a coincidence his relationship with Connor ends and he gets immediately interested in Troye again and especially in Troye's boyfriend (he even followed Jacob first and only days later he followed Troye). If that isn't shady as fuck. What a weird guy. I always find it difficult to try to decipher Connor's tweets, because Connor LOVES acting like a victim.

Yeah totally I prefer gay Q&A videos over his pessimistic content any day.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

Around the three-minute mark... 💅🏽

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:46 am

Around the three-minute mark... 💅🏽
what exactly am i supposed to be looking for around the 3 minute mark and what does it have to do with connor?
The Internet knows all your secrets

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Just watching it, it still blows my mind how Troye is literally the only YouTuber to completly transition to mainstream celebrity despite hundreds of others attempting and continuing to try. So many of his friends / former friends must be insanely jealous. .. When will another YouTuber pull it off?

Also I'd never properly seen Jacob before. Holy SHIT he is beautiful.

Return to “Connor Franta”