pewdiepie - Part 2

Re: pewdiepie - Part 2

Post by Guest »

timesnewroman wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm
^Nah lol he's too misogynistic, the way he was talking about tati rubbed me wrong even though I somewhat agree with his opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Agreed. There was actually a politician in my country that said something along the lines of "The only thing worse than a gay man, is a woman" and I can't help but feel this is pewdiepie and his fans attitude. He only defended James Charles because there was a woman involved who 'started' or 'instigated' the drama. You bet if the drama started vice-versa, he may not have got involved as much. Did he get involved with Jeffree Star's previous dramas? Nope... So why now?

I'd almost like this to come off to see his fans less than enlightened responses:

maribelssecret
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by maribelssecret »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
timesnewroman wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm
^Nah lol he's too misogynistic, the way he was talking about tati rubbed me wrong even though I somewhat agree with his opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Agreed. There was actually a politician in my country that said something along the lines of "The only thing worse than a gay man, is a woman" and I can't help but feel this is pewdiepie and his fans attitude. He only defended James Charles because there was a woman involved who 'started' or 'instigated' the drama. You bet if the drama started vice-versa, he may not have got involved as much. Did he get involved with Jeffree Star's previous dramas? Nope... So why now?

I'd almost like this to come off to see his fans less than enlightened responses:

Regardless of whatever the truth is in all this mess, I completely agree. Not just Pewdiepie but even gaming channels like FaZe were suddenly compelled to involve themselves with beauty community drama, when does that happen? I feel like they’ve definitely pushed to their fans the narrative of JC as a victim in the name of Tati being just "another crazy evil woman trying to ruin a man’s career with false accusations" in the #MeToo era.

Post by Guest »

maribelssecret wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:48 am

Regardless of whatever the truth is in all this mess, I completely agree. Not just Pewdiepie but even gaming channels like FaZe were suddenly compelled to involve themselves with beauty community drama, when does that happen? I feel like they’ve definitely pushed to their fans the narrative of JC as a victim in the name of Tati being just "another crazy evil woman trying to ruin a man’s career with false accusations" in the #MeToo era.
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

If they were about equality they would be calling out Jeffree FreakStar and his antics and would have said more during the 'Andy Signore' stuff, plus many other youtuber scandals.

It always amuses me that youtube drama channels done by men don't get as much criticism even if they are completely misrepresenting things or have an obvious bias. But a woman gets into the drama channel biz and she's just ripped apart, called a typical emotional female sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong and loving the drama. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Has anyone heard about this guy? David Patterson “SuperVGMan64” - "As evidenced by a series of screenshots taken by Patterson’s ex-girlfriend Valerie Esfahani, Patterson engaged in sexually explicit conversations with teenage subscribers to his channel, using his status as a C-Tier celebrity to groom and seduce them."

There's also another Youtuber guy Austin Jones who just got sentenced 10 years for coaxing six underage female fans to send him sexually explicit videos of themselves. Silence on that, too!

Why aren't these youtubers discussing these?

ephemeral_ardor
Learner
Learner

Post by ephemeral_ardor »

has anyone else noticed that felix always talks about women in a negative light?
with love, bitch :love2:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Um, welcome to the world lol, hope the rock you were living under was comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

god no
Learner
Learner

Post by god no »

Can someone sum up what's his content recently is about, because I'm not sub and I don't want to give him views.

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk »

god no wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 am
Can someone sum up what's his content recently is about, because I'm not sub and I don't want to give him views.
It’s mostly just reactionary stuff. LWIAY is for his subreddit, Meme Review is about ten minutes of Felix being bored because the iterations aren’t that good, in Pew News he gives his opinions on current “oopsies," You Laugh You Lose is mostly tik toks and instagram memes, Cringe Tuesdays/Thursdays is basically YLYL, but with cringey content and then there is the occasional video game/VR video

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

TeenageTalk wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 pm
god no wrote:
It’s mostly just reactionary stuff. LWIAY is for his subreddit, Meme Review is about ten minutes of Felix being bored because the iterations aren’t that good, in Pew News he gives his opinions on current “oopsies," You Laugh You Lose is mostly tik toks and instagram memes, Cringe Tuesdays/Thursdays is basically YLYL, but with cringey content and then there is the occasional video game/VR video
that's what pretty much everyone with a gaming channel turned into, a reaction channel. either that or they made a new channel for reacting and they'll post gaming videos that hardly get any views on their main channel.
even mark and jack went the same route as felix and sorta abandoned gaming
The Internet knows all your secrets

god no
Learner
Learner

Post by god no »

TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
So nothing had really changed from the last time I checked his channel. Any new drama that he put himself into, despite Tati/James?

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk »

god no wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm
TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
So nothing had really changed from the last time I checked his channel. Any new drama that he put himself into, despite Tati/James?
about two weeks ago he promoted a seedy app called nimses, which kinda sent the subreddit into panic-- probably the only time I've seen the 9 yr olds be critical/disappointed in him-- but he quickly shut that down with a condescending attitude

ETA: also I'm pretty sure that the next target in his misogynistic crusade will be sssniperwolf. he has mimicked her thumbnails several times now and she's constantly on trending for her low effort videos. he's probably waiting for her to do an “oopsie" or a top-voted meme on the subreddit so it doesn't come off as fixated

aimzalicious_
Debater
Debater

Post by aimzalicious_ »

god no wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm
TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
He's also made videos on the KSI vs Deji drama and the ProJared-cheating-on-his-wife fiasco. I noticed both videos followed a few weeks on from his James Charles video, since that one did so well (16m views compared to his average 5m views), I assumed he wants to keep inserting himself in drama for the views

Castille
Talker
Talker

Post by Castille »

I found this video to be refreshing as most people on YouTube don’t dare criticise pdp. And the comments at different points in time saying ‘this has become relevant again’.

Check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cherryc0ke
Debater
Debater

Post by cherryc0ke »

TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
Funny how today's upload was titled "We need to talk about these Oopsies" :roll:

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

ot maybe? but i feel like he is emotionally unavailable somehow. he seems miserable, even in that weird relationship of his.
i only lurk.

Catleana
Talker
Talker

Post by Catleana »

How is he getting worse in English? He has lived in England for years!
Mispronouncing words, wrong intonation and just straight up using the swedish but with english words. Is he just faking it? Why?
You can especially hear it in his new Minecraft videos, his english is worse in part 2 compared to part 1 ??

Honestly, I know he's swedish, but I'm scandinavian too and we have english from second grade here. I know 8th graders who are better than him :rofl:

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

Catleana wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:29 pm
How is he getting worse in English? He has lived in England for years!
Mispronouncing words, wrong intonation and just straight up using the swedish but with english words. Is he just faking it? Why?
You can especially hear it in his new Minecraft videos, his english is worse in part 2 compared to part 1 ??

Honestly, I know he's swedish, but I'm scandinavian too and we have english from second grade here. I know 8th graders who are better than him :rofl:
I've been pondering about this for a while and I've come to the conclusion that he's totally trolling everyone with the forced Swedish guy thing. I even recall a video from about a year ago where he climbed into his cabinet in his computer room at the end and started rattling off a bunch of rhetorical questions. He said something like "why am I still here?...why do I still do these dumb videos?...why am I still speaking with this fake Swedish accent?" I wish I could find it again because it was actually pretty funny :D

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Ya he has acknowledged that he's faking it. I guess he finds it amusing and it has become a habit?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

a fake accent can also help excuse his behavior.
plenty of times over the years him speaking english as a second language has been used as an excuse for things he says, not just swearing but also things like the n word.
he can pretend he doesn't fully grasp the language and both him and his fans can use that as an excuse for when he says things he shouldn't.
i mean, he's not the first to do something similar, jacksepticeye faked an accent when he started out because he wanted to sound "normal", and eventually just started using his real accent.
i'm just surprised felix has been able to keep it up for all these years, no slip ups or callouts on it.
i wonder if he'll ever give it up or if he'll just keep faking it forever
The Internet knows all your secrets

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

illegal_mind wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:19 am
a fake accent can also help excuse his behavior.
plenty of times over the years him speaking english as a second language has been used as an excuse for things he says, not just swearing but also things like the n word.
he can pretend he doesn't fully grasp the language and both him and his fans can use that as an excuse for when he says things he shouldn't.
i mean, he's not the first to do something similar, jacksepticeye faked an accent when he started out because he wanted to sound "normal", and eventually just started using his real accent.
i'm just surprised felix has been able to keep it up for all these years, no slip ups or callouts on it.
i wonder if he'll ever give it up or if he'll just keep faking it forever
Yep it's hard not to notice he's only been really hamming it up with this contrived accent since the bridge incident. Before that it's easy to see that he sounded almost American and rarely made these comical "grammar mistakes" or "mispronunciations" like he does all the time now.

Also, when he was first starting out on Youtube, he had a more distinct accent but it didn't sound anything like the fake stereotypical Swedish one he is forcing over the last year or so. In his latest vlog in Morocco, he randomly let his real way of speaking take over...so we definitely know he's been BS-ing with his audience.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

He doesn't do it consistently, it's a gag. I've heard theories that Marzia puts on that high pitched cutesy voice.

Return to “pewdiepie”