True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Carrie Potter and the Nine-Step Plan of Entitlement - Part 15

Post by Illogic_ally »

ruthg19 wrote:Image
Who does this remind you of?? ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hot damn that’s so fitting Image

Also yeah, your parents both working wasn’t a “sacrifice”, it’s what most adults who choose to have a family to support do. We only ever went on one family holiday growing up, which was paid for by my grandparents and happened when I was 2 so I remember literally nothing. Both of my parents worked full time, and I’m sure they did make sacrifices to make sure we had things like a fun Christmas/birthday presents. But I’m not about to play the victim and make out like we were on the brink of poverty just because we weren’t as well as as the rich kids at my school Image

Carrie’s lack of awareness is a product of her middle/upper class life, she needs to go volunteer in an under privileged country or at a school in a low income area to get some perspective.
(I don’t have much idea of the socioeconomic areas in the UK, but if she was here in Australia I’d chuck her out in an indigenous community and she could see just how prissy she comes across sometimes)

Xxsugar-hun-peachXx
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Xxsugar-hun-peachXx »

ohelliebeans wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 am
Xxsugar-hun-peachXx wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:24 pm
Oh i dont watch killing eve anyways lol typical carrie that girl hasnt had to do any hard work she makes me laugh i get up at 10.30 every morning she says and then does her famous insta story yawns...imagine i consider 8.00am a lay on and a 10.30 is hard for karen...
Same! I mean plus or minus a half hour where I sneak in a little extra sleep, I am normally up nd running by 9am. Granted I am lucky to have a job that allows me the freedom not to have to wake up at 5/6/7 in the morning but I still personally feel so bleck if I would wake up at 10:30/11 everyday. And I am NOT a morning person, I sleep at like 12ish or 2 almost every night.

And I'm 25.
So sometimes I am super shock to see how she is just rolling around still in bed like "I earned this!"
Well im 25 to lol im in bed every night and hopefully asleep by mindnight maybe 1am but i rarely stay in bed all morning unless im ill...and have to be very ill at that is it any wonder she never gets anything done with the hours she keeps if she got up even and hour eariler she could respond to some of that fan mail thats 3/4 maybe 6 years old its a shame for her....

mollycastle12
Talker
Talker

Post by mollycastle12 »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 am
ruthg19 wrote:Image
Who does this remind you of?? ImageImage

Hot damn that’s so fitting Image

Also yeah, your parents both working wasn’t a “sacrifice”, it’s what most adults who choose to have a family to support do. We only ever went on one family holiday growing up, which was paid for by my grandparents and happened when I was 2 so I remember literally nothing. Both of my parents worked full time, and I’m sure they did make sacrifices to make sure we had things like a fun Christmas/birthday presents. But I’m not about to play the victim and make out like we were on the brink of poverty just because we weren’t as well as as the rich kids at my school Image

Carrie’s lack of awareness is a product of her middle/upper class life, she needs to go volunteer in an under privileged country or at a school in a low income area to get some perspective.
(I don’t have much idea of the socioeconomic areas in the UK, but if she was here in Australia I’d chuck her out in an indigenous community and she could see just how prissy she comes across sometimes)

I've seen this on twitter 3 times today already, all quote tweets mentioning Carrie 😂

secretgarden
Learner
Learner

Post by secretgarden »

I was just randomly thinking that one of Carrie's biggest problems is that she is so over Youtube. She tried to force it with May, Myself & I but it massively backfired to the point of losing her thousands of subscribers.

If it wasn't for the money I feel she'd quit her Youtube channel tomorrow. You can tell she really struggles for content and her heart just isn't in it at all anymore.

It's a shame as I used to love her videos but a lot of creative people experience burnout and maybe Carrie should try taking a break for a while rather than posting any old fart. It couldn't hurt, and I'm sure she is in a position with the money she already has where an extended rest is something she can do.

mollycastle12
Talker
Talker

Post by mollycastle12 »

secretgarden wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 am
I was just randomly thinking that one of Carrie's biggest problems is that she is so over Youtube. She tried to force it with May, Myself & I but it massively backfired to the point of losing her thousands of subscribers.

If it wasn't for the money I feel she'd quit her Youtube channel tomorrow. You can tell she really struggles for content and her heart just isn't in it at all anymore.

It's a shame as I used to love her videos but a lot of creative people experience burnout and maybe Carrie should try taking a break for a while rather than posting any old fart. It couldn't hurt, and I'm sure she is in a position with the money she already has where an extended rest is something she can do.
Its the money thing that's the problem though. She's desperately kicking out content to try to stay relevant and keep her cash flow up. Her regular insta q&as are almost certainly to make sure people remember her. May, myself & I was entirely about generating views and ad revenue but she's actually shooting herself in the foot by driving viewers away with rubbish content. If she just slowed down and posted quality over quantity she might be able to save it.

Post by Guest »

mollycastle12 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 am
secretgarden wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 am

Its the money thing that's the problem though. She's desperately kicking out content to try to stay relevant and keep her cash flow up. Her regular insta q&as are almost certainly to make sure people remember her. May, myself & I was entirely about generating views and ad revenue but she's actually shooting herself in the foot by driving viewers away with rubbish content. If she just slowed down and posted quality over quantity she might be able to save it.
I doubt she makes much in ad revenue with her low views and how many people use adblock. I think it's more about wanting to keep making videos so brands can send her freebies to sneak into them

Post by Guest »

Don't forget that previous acting jobs asked her to make vlogs, even if she won't admit it helped her get the part, it definetly had an impact. Without her youtube channel she can't do these paid jobs for her shows.

She made such a fuss about meeting her agents the other day, wonder if it means she's got something new coming up !

mollycastle12
Talker
Talker

Post by mollycastle12 »

laylee wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 am
mollycastledelete2 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 am
secretgarden wrote: I was just randomly thinking that one of Carrie's biggest problems is that she is so over Youtube. She tried to force it with May, Myself & I but it massively backfired to the point of losing her thousands of subscribers.

I doubt she makes much in ad revenue with her low views and how many people use adblock. I think it's more about wanting to keep making videos so brands can send her freebies to sneak into them
The freebies will be a huge part of it for sure... But she's probably making average £200 per video with what? 10minutes work a day? It's laughably easy for her because she's got a bunch of fans who will literally lap up anything she puts out there no matter how crap it is.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

I feel like Carrie would benefit from a monthly vlog style, like Dan Layton, Tomska, Hazel, Chloe Dungate etc. She could actually put effort into her vlog style again, like she did during her brief Casey Neistat period, and just show the interesting parts, rather than the same day in and out like her more recent vlogs.

Or failing that, come up with a new format/series and just post a well made video every few weeks. Quality > Quantity Carrie. She doesn’t have a regular upload schedule when she’s not in a show anyway, so I would rather see one thought out video every few weeks than a bunch of meaningless fluff.

She could do a “Things to do before 30” list where she tries something she’s never done before. She could do home baking videos. She could try Pinterest craft projects, or try to learn a new skill like juggling, or pottery. None of these ideas are remotely original or flashy, but the reason I stayed watching Carrie for so long is because of her personality and charisma. She’s the kind of person I would (or at least would have) watch do a simple, well filmed/edited video of herself enjoying doing something.

Her videos these days just seem like she’s going through the motions, and it’s honestly a shame to see she’s clearly lost her passion for what made he do it in the first place

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

Am I the only one who thinks she pronounces "Yorkshire" really oddly? Maybe it's because I'm from Yorkshire and it's a Southerner thing but she says it like "York-sheer" and I find that so weird.

Also her being confused by old Yorkshire dialect made me laugh.

Hey Carrie, wheear 'ast tha bin sin' ah saw thee?

notjust_vanilla
Talker
Talker

Post by notjust_vanilla »

Why does she always refer to Oliver and Jamie by their full names? It's so weird...

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

Couldn't help but laugh when Oli walked right past her in the train station, surprised she didn't make a sign with his name on it. :rofl:
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

Margo_Channing
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Margo_Channing »

Do you think she'll go and see Celinde in her show??

msvee
Learner
Learner

Post by msvee »

Margo_Channing wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:13 pm
Do you think she'll go and see Celinde in her show??
no. i mean she hasnt even seen rocketman yet and the price of a cinema ticket is cheaper than a show.

msvee
Learner
Learner

Post by msvee »

Her latest weekly vlog is misleading as hell, because she lures everyone in with clickbait for a MINI HEATHERS REUNION and then makes you sit through a minute and a half ad for her Secret Garden audiobook. In the description she uses #Ad but its not listed in the video title or thumbnail, so I reported it. I suggest y'all do the same. I wonder if her vlogging the recording was part of her contract, yet again? :roll:

toffeethegossip
Debater
Debater

Post by toffeethegossip »

msvee wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 pm
Her latest weekly vlog is misleading as hell, because she lures everyone in with clickbait for a MINI HEATHERS REUNION and then makes you sit through a minute and a half ad for her Secret Garden audiobook. In the description she uses #Ad but its not listed in the video title or thumbnail, so I reported it. I suggest y'all do the same. I wonder if her vlogging the recording was part of her contract, yet again? :roll:
Am I the only person that would not just buy an audio book purely because you like the person reading it? I would only buy the book if I actually wanted to listen to it, she could read any old rubbish and her fans would still buy it!

bansheemagnolia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bansheemagnolia »

toffeethegossip wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 pm
msvee wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 pm
Am I the only person that would not just buy an audio book purely because you like the person reading it? I would only buy the book if I actually wanted to listen to it, she could read any old rubbish and her fans would still buy it!
No, I wouldn't want to listen to the Secret Garden. I prefer it in a hard copy. I did buy the Flatshare, only because it would be the kind of book I would listen to on the train.

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

I think she said she was going to see The Light in the Piazza today/yesterday. But my cynical guess is that she wants to go suck up to Dove Cameron more than she wants to support her friends.

I hope I’m wrong and I’m just being a negative grump.

girasole1840
Informer
Informer

Post by girasole1840 »

If you are going to post videos as frequently as she does, your life has to be interesting. Hers was but now it isn't. She's gone from being someone who read, posted covers, backstage videos and advice to someone who stays in bed and shouts a lot in between social media rants. Personally I'd like to see her interviewing other people she's working with about their careers, advice they can give MTers etc. That would take the spotlight from her so it will never happen. Why has she stopped getting roles whilst those around her are working non stop eg Scott, Olivia, Jodie etc? Oh yes, they are MT trained not just one trick ponies. Carrie can belt and pull the face. Given that she has such a long break, why not take classes? Tom, Gi and Oliver all trained. Why is she so blinkered?

girasole1840
Informer
Informer

Post by girasole1840 »

Cloudnumber123 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 pm
I think she said she was going to see The Light in the Piazza today/yesterday. But my cynical guess is that she wants to go suck up to Dove Cameron more than she wants to support her friends.

I hope I’m wrong and I’m just being a negative grump.
Cue selfie with Dove.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”