Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

good girl
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

Post by good girl »

I have to give it to steph, she was able to work and talk around that thing that must not be named

And her impressionable followers still think she's doing it in the name of science

Who is she gonna collab next? Follow the intuition and alice olivia?

jaenerys
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by jaenerys »

surprised she hasn't tried veganism yet

Post by Guest »

emlamp10n wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am
I was so happy when she mentioned Kayla in her Instagram story and then she had to mention Erik and I totally lost her. Why?! He’s the worst example possible. I’m sure he just wants to be in the spotlight again.
Steph lost all my credibility when she mentioned him. He is the peak representation of overeating/binging and purging, not proper ED recovery whatsoever. Not to mention he’s the biggest asshole to his girlfriend. She had to have reached out to him first no doubt but anything to show off how soooooo wise and cultured he is sounds like anything he’s be on board to do :roll:

aigcim
Learner
Learner

Post by aigcim »

intotheohno95 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm
emlampdelete0n wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am
I was so happy when she mentioned Kayla in her Instagram story and then she had to mention Erik and I totally lost her. Why?! He’s the worst example possible. I’m sure he just wants to be in the spotlight again.
Steph lost all my credibility when she mentioned him. He is the peak representation of overeating/binging and purging, not proper ED recovery whatsoever. Not to mention he’s the biggest asshole to his girlfriend. She had to have reached out to him first no doubt but anything to show off how soooooo wise and cultured he is sounds like anything he’s be on board to do :roll:
curious as to what people have an issue with him? tried to find a forum but he didnt have one!

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

aigcim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:05 pm
intotheohno95 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm
curious as to what people have an issue with him? tried to find a forum but he didnt have one!
check the cheat day / binge eater YTers forum

FlatteredInsomniac
Learner
Learner

Post by FlatteredInsomniac »

That high waisted bikini is not flattering. Yikes.

I agree that she has bad proportions. Short legs, no taper. If she went further than local in bikini/bodybuilding competitions she wouldn’t have done well.

But that’s fine. What bothers me is that for a “fitspo”, she’s neither strong nor visibly jacked/lean. Girl should give up on fitness YouTube and just film food videos/fat acceptance (where I think she’s going) or something. Her deadlifting 2 plates and calling it heavy, or pressing 10lb dumbbells, is just lol. Apparently she’s been training for years too.

Emmalouise1623
Learner
Learner

Post by Emmalouise1623 »

She looks SO much better now, but can we agree this is confirmation something bizarre was going on with the proportions in the older (first) pic? Why was her head so huge?! Omg it’s just such a weird pic :rofl:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rene1018
Informer
Informer

Post by rene1018 »

Emmalouise1623 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:07 pm
She looks SO much better now, but can we agree this is confirmation something bizarre was going on with the proportions in the older (first) pic? Why was her head so huge?! Omg it’s just such a weird pic :rofl:
it’s kinda funny how she’s all about *honesty* and *no posing* now when she was doing some really fantastical smoke and mirrors bullshit when she was at her leanest. I’m glad she’s getting healthier but I still don’t fully trust her. I think she has a massive ego and is extremely vain

loveandfever
Learner
Learner

Post by loveandfever »

Thoughts?

rene1018
Informer
Informer

Post by rene1018 »

^ well steph's idea of a flattering shot is tricking her audience into thinking she has a snatched waist and a big butt. So yeah, I guess realistic pictures aren't "flattering" for her

aigcim
Learner
Learner

Post by aigcim »

FlatteredInsomniac wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 am

I agree that she has bad proportions. Short legs, no taper. If she went further than local in bikini/bodybuilding competitions she wouldn’t have done well.

But that’s fine. What bothers me is that for a “fitspo”, she’s neither strong nor visibly jacked/lean. Girl should give up on fitness YouTube and just film food videos/fat acceptance (where I think she’s going) or something. Her deadlifting 2 plates and calling it heavy, or pressing 10lb dumbbells, is just lol. Apparently she’s been training for years too.
commenting on her proportions is pretty ugly of you. you have an issue when she's too lean but now she's actively trying to be healthy and you're saying downright mean shit about stuff she has no control over.

FlatteredInsomniac
Learner
Learner

Post by FlatteredInsomniac »

aigcim wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 pm

commenting on her proportions is pretty ugly of you. you have an issue when she's too lean but now she's actively trying to be healthy and you're saying downright mean shit about stuff she has no control over.
I literally said "that's fine", as in bad proportions are ok.
Also I never had an issue her for being too lean. Her leanest wasn't ridiculously low bf, many physique athletes, even powerlifters walk around at that level of leanness. She just looked bad and had to starve herself because she had no muscle and was doing dumb workouts.

MushroomPie
Talker
Talker

Post by MushroomPie »

aigcim wrote:

Not defending it as I always had a problem with the shade thrown at her shape, but I'm curious why you're drawing the line *now*. Like 80% of posts from the very beginning of her forum till now talked about her bodyshape, unflattering angles/outfits/poses, her denial of her body type, awe/confusion/pity about her body type or just straight up jabs yet, barely peep from anyone for what? Years? But now it's not okay because she made a video? I think there needs to be some consistency...

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

OneOfTheHeathers
Debater
Debater

Post by OneOfTheHeathers »

So now she's finally coming clean about how awful and drained she's been during her workouts for YEARS. She's been sore and tired. She's had poor recovery. Yet during those years, she figuratively sold her diet to us via her YT and IG pages as "healthy" and literally sold her workout plans. Way to "keep it real" with us, Ste-phony.

Also re: the comments about her shape - I guess I've been complicit since I never commented but I never liked the comments about her having bad proportions or a "weird" shape, especially when they were immediately followed by criticisms about her extreme diet. We can't criticize for her shape and then criticise her for trying to change it even if she did so in an unhealthy way.

Bhizbhalifa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bhizbhalifa »

Idk, I felt like the issue wasn't with her natural body type because as a lot of people have said here, that is something that she cannot help. I feel like there is a fine line between "bashing" someone, and genuinely taking issue with the message they promote. I don't care to criticize her body proportions because to me, that's just hating on a person. What I do take issue with is the message she has been peddling to young, impressionable women. She has been dishonest about her lifestyle habits giving the impression that she eats all of this food without gaining weight, and in fact has been LOSING weight. How she "accidentally" lost 5-6 pounds on her mini cut. Lifting basically everyday but still losing muscle mass and strength. All signs that she is heavily restricting, but also thinks her audience is dumb enough to believe the things she says (well, some are). Doing things to garner sympathy like filming herself giving her mother a shower, (though she didn't actually show her mother that is still an extreme invasion of privacy) when in reality it's just exploitation. Selling a workout program without so much as a certification in personal training (a PhD in cancer research does not qualify). How she uses her PhD in a completely unrelated field to validate her credibility. She can flash that pearly white smile, and be as quirky and cute as she wants, but she has shown me who she is. I do not think she is a good example for these reasons. And on top of that, I really think she should get off of SM for a while, because it is clear how much she relies on it for external validation. She clearly has unresolved issues and I really think social media is making it worse. It baffles me because she is a smart, beautiful and charismatic young woman. What happened to her to give her such low self esteem? I am glad to she finally trying to get healthier, but I have not forgotten who she is.

jendixon
Talker
Talker

Post by jendixon »

Just my 2 cents, but I value the fact that this forum is a place for people to say their opinion and not be PC for once. It's also "ugly" to pick on someone with an ED, but we all were calling her out (myself included). Girl makes 6 figures posting pics on the gram and selling shitty workouts. I'm not losing sleep.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

She doesn't even like her own proportions because she tries sooooooo hard to manipulate her pics with angles and facetune

And I still think she's phony. She hasn't admitted to anything. Only that she hasn't felt the same since her mini cut which happened just this year. She hasn't admitted that the last 2 years of her cheat days contributed to her current state... She hasn't 'come clean' about anything. If you're one of her followers who is unaware of her b/p tendencies and got brainwashed to think that the cheats are perfectly fine to do you would have a half clue why she's doing this all in now.

rene1018
Informer
Informer

Post by rene1018 »

Steph’s body shape has more in common with crossfitters I’ve seen and maybe demi bagby? very athletic shape and less of an hourglass. There is nothing wrong with that! I just wish she would embrace it and be proud of her shape instead of taking pics that look like some kind of funhouse mirror effect, contorting and facetuning herself to something she’s not, and uploading completely normal and realistic shots of herself, calling them “unflattering”.

Post by Guest »

I actually find it refreshing that she’s not another fitspo with a pear or hourglass that gains weight in the “right areas”. Not everyone has that body type and it’s very polarizing to glorify just one or two shapes in the fitness community. I think that Stephanie, with the confidence she’s searching for, can rock her natural proportions and look just as fit and beautiful at the same time.

To everyone who’s addressed how she still profits off impressionable girls with both her lies and truths and refuses to take responsibility for it, y’all are spot on. Regardless of this new journey, Stephanie is still super weight and body obsessed when it should be about control and how she values herself beyond aesthetics. She owes a big fat apology for anyone who’s bought her guide, followed her absurd cheat day videos, and believed her word just because of a freaking PhD. She’s making herself look like a huge victim with her disordered perception of beauty and fitness and all, but what about her followers? She owes it to them for influencing them negatively at least! I don’t care if she doesn’t admit that she had disordered eating because most people can figure it out and she might be unsure because she wasn’t diagnosed or anything, allegedly. What she needs to do is take down those cheat days and that stomach vacuum video. That’ll show us she’s not all about the money and the vanity.

Jeff owes her and the followers an apology too. He watched this all happen and did nothing about it.

jendixon
Talker
Talker

Post by jendixon »

Exactly. My ED and recovery cost me a fortune. Not saying she has a diagnosed ED, but she got rich off promoting disordered eating.

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”