Grace BL_ND UK: Blaming Glitches And Her Degree 2019 - Part 6

Aimz_yeah
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grace BL_ND UK: Blaming Glitches And Her Degree 2019 - Part 6

Post by Aimz_yeah »

I haven't watched Grace for a while but OMG she was obnoxious in that house tour!

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Plagiarism is really serious, I can’t say I’d be out partying if I was being investigated. I was accused of it once by a sixth form teacher and I literally had a panic attack in front of my whole class.

nomaddie
Debater
Debater

Post by nomaddie »

LaurenS932 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am
Does she not realise how serious it is?
Holy shit, for real. That's really bad. Even if some copied her or something, many unis take that super seriously and threaten both parties involved. I would be freaking out if I were her!

Post by Guest »

Wait, how easy is it to be accused of plagiarism? I've only been in college for a year and haven't written anything major yet. If it goes so far they actually investigate it, does that basically mean it did happen? Or someone plagiarized you? Damn.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

delete998 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 am
Wait, how easy is it to be accused of plagiarism? I've only been in college for a year and haven't written anything major yet. If it goes so far they actually investigate it, does that basically mean it did happen? Or someone plagiarized you? Damn.
In the UK, you upload your work to an online system that scans the documents for similarities- but I have also heard that a lot of tutors can tell when something is not your own work when they’re reading it. They read enough around the topics to tell when something has been lifted straight out of an article or a book.

Post by Guest »

i’m sure emily knows how serious it is and just trying to make some fun out of a shitty situation. if she’s waiting on a verdict there’s only so much self pitying you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomaddie
Debater
Debater

Post by nomaddie »

dietgossip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:06 am
delete998 wrote:
In the UK, you upload your work to an online system that scans the documents for similarities- but I have also heard that a lot of tutors can tell when something is not your own work when they’re reading it. They read enough around the topics to tell when something has been lifted straight out of an article or a book.
We use the same system in the US, and it can tell you who the plagiarized portion came from, like if she copied someone else's work or if someone copied hers. I know at my school, usually both people will be investigated and potentially get in trouble. If she lifted something from a published paper, then that's just stupid.

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

They go easy on you in first year as you're learning but after that it's just plain dumb.

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

marshnellow wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 am
i’m sure emily knows how serious it is and just trying to make some fun out of a shitty situation. if she’s waiting on a verdict there’s only so much self pitying you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I were a public figure I wouldn't be making fun out of a serious situation whilst still waiting for the verdict. If her uni sees that they will not be amused.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

LaurenS932 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 am
They go easy on you in first year as you're learning but after that it's just plain dumb.
Idk what uni you went to but I’m pretty sure both of my unis would’ve kicked me out no matter what my year for plagiarising.

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

dietgossip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:20 am
LaurenS932 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 am
Idk what uni you went to but I’m pretty sure both of my unis would’ve kicked me out no matter what my year for plagiarising.
Well most uni's have a grading system for plagiarism. Depending on the scale of it obviously dictates the punishment, if any. But generally first instances of minor plagiarism in the first year of uni are disregarded as a learning curve. At my uni you'd have to outright buy an essay to be kicked off the course, otherwise is capping the module grade or an award of 0 with a black mark against your transcript.

f-c
Learner
Learner

Post by f-c »

nomaddie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 am
dietgossip wrote:
delete998 wrote:
We use the same system in the US, and it can tell you who the plagiarized portion came from, like if she copied someone else's work or if someone copied hers. I know at my school, usually both people will be investigated and potentially get in trouble. If she lifted something from a published paper, then that's just stupid.
Assuming her university is using the same online system that my schools have used, a student typically doesn't get investigated unless their work contains AT LEAST 40% plagiarised content. She must have fucked up big time.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Anglesea_25 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 am
I can see the appeal of her wanting to live with friends but I think it makes it hard when one person actually owns the house they're all living in. I know someone who bought a house in London with her inheritance and let 3 friends move in to help her with the mortgage and have company and it turned into a nightmare. Every argument turned into 'this is my house' and she wouldn't let them have people round etc. so it wasn't like it was their home, they were more like lodgers. I think living with Emily or anyone she works with would be a huge mistake too. Her best bet would be her sisters I think, at least they've lived together before and appear to get on well.
I lived in a house that was bought by one of the occupant's parents when at uni. If you're good friends then it's pretty easy. If it's someone you've known 5 minutes then there may be arguments. Our house was easygoing and rent was paid in advance with no agent or anything required. I think she's going to be living with Steph and her schoolfriend Alisha.

Not sure why cleaning and cooking would be an issue. They'd all just chip in money for a cleaner. And why would cooking be an issue? I don't see why it has to be a joint thing. Everyone can do their own thing, not really a big deal.
dietgossip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 am
A 10% deposit on a £1million house would mean she’s still paying over £4,000 a month on her mortgage. Say it’s £750k and that’s still over £3,000 a month. That is a LOT of money.
£4,000 a month would be nothing to her. That's one IG ad and she's done 2 ads in 5 days since finishing exams - that's a month's mortgage paid off with ease. Anyone remember around Christmas she was doing at least 1 sponsored Youtube video a week. She's been racking the money up for a long time.

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

f-c wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 am
nomaddie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 am
dietgossip wrote:
delete998 wrote:
Assuming her university is using the same online system that my schools have used, a student typically doesn't get investigated unless their work contains AT LEAST 40% plagiarised content. She must have fucked up big time.
And I'm assuming it's on her dissertation which is not the best aha

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

I feel bad for this girl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

^^ aka being normal

mughushed
Learner
Learner

Post by mughushed »

dietgossip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:00 pm
I feel bad for this girl
Was just about to say this! I don’t think a lot of these girls understand the sheer amount of support (financially) Grace has had - as in she has come from an extraordinarily wealthy family which helps A LOT

Littlechatter
Debater
Debater

Post by Littlechatter »

delete998 wrote:
I’m not sure about other universities but mine uses a system called turnitin and it flags up the most ridiculous things as plagiarism, so I’d imagine it would have to be pretty bad to be investigated

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker

Post by LaurenS932 »

Littlechatter wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 pm
delete998 wrote:
I’m not sure about other universities but mine uses a system called turnitin and it flags up the most ridiculous things as plagiarism, so I’d imagine it would have to be pretty bad to be investigated
Same and it must have been huge chunks that were lifted to call for an investigation. I hate turnitin because it flags up referenced quotes etc, just up to the plagiarism officer to deduce what is blatantly copied

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

We use turnitin as well and I use quite a bit of references to scientific journals in everything I turn in (which is allowed). Everyone does, you have to. Don’t know anyone who’s gotten in trouble for it. If you’re being investigated for plagiarism you probably deserve it.

When will Emily start to regret working for Grace and her shitty brands? :p She should’ve also left group chats to focus on her own course work/exams instead of copying other people’s work :p

Return to “GraceFitUK - Archived Threads”