ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by emlamp10n »

lokiofasgard wrote:Wrote a comment earlier but it seems it was not posted here. Anyway.

Elzani looks a bit better than at the very beginning but there is no major change in her look. I was also surprised that her dad was in her latest vlog, he seemed to always be slightly against YouTube stuff. Nice though.

Any thoughts on Jen Brett (dunno if that was her name, can't be bothered to look it up)? She said she will do casual vlogs and not focus on recovery any more but hm...
This is probably an unpopular opinion and I feel like a lot of people are going to disagree with me but I don’t really get why everybody seems to love Jen Brett. I don’t really like her. I feel like she’s very much still in quasi-recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likestolurk
Talker
Talker

Post by likestolurk »

lokiofasgard wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Wrote a comment earlier but it seems it was not posted here. Anyway.

Elzani looks a bit better than at the very beginning but there is no major change in her look. I was also surprised that her dad was in her latest vlog, he seemed to always be slightly against YouTube stuff. Nice though.

Any thoughts on Jen Brett (dunno if that was her name, can't be bothered to look it up)? She said she will do casual vlogs and not focus on recovery any more but hm...
I don’t see how Jen’s vlog was any different from any other vlog...she ate a lot, showed her cats, and hung out with her boyfriend.

Post by Guest »

emlamp10n wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:25 pm
lokiofasgard wrote:Wrote a comment earlier but it seems it was not posted here. Anyway.

This is probably an unpopular opinion and I feel like a lot of people are going to disagree with me but I don’t really get why everybody seems to love Jen Brett. I don’t really like her. I feel like she’s very much still in quasi-recovery.

I am not a big fan of ED YouTubers as most of them are quasi or not recovering at all but I will NEVER. EVER. EVER. say anything bad about Jen. She is very genuine. She is the one who has actually recovered and embracing her bigger body now. She is fun. She is beautiful. She understands that IN ORDER TO RECOVER YOU NEED TO EAT! And she does exactly that. If I ever fully recover I want to be where she's now.

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

good for jen for recovering her body but it is clear she is still not emotionally recovered. she has a rant almost every video about how she doesn't are what she eats and she eats what her body tells her to...

sis if you're really recovered you don't need to rant every single videoo

its lowkey annoying

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

Honestly how is Elzani not gaining ANY weight

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

elzani hasn't put any weight on in the past 6 months at least.
you can tell her dad is beyond fed up of her. no wonder he spends all his time fixing his motorbikes in that shed.
i dont believe her at all when she said he had never tried a pear (?!)
come on elzani we aren't stupid

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

We don’t know what’s going on when she’s not filming. She’s probably restricting. And even when she’s filming, who knows if that’s how much her body really needs to heal?! She might need more and she’s not giving it enough.

sparda
Learner
Learner

Post by sparda »

FlatWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am

I am not a big fan of ED YouTubers as most of them are quasi or not recovering at all but I will NEVER. EVER. EVER. say anything bad about Jen. She is very genuine. She is the one who has actually recovered and embracing her bigger body now. She is fun. She is beautiful. She understands that IN ORDER TO RECOVER YOU NEED TO EAT! And she does exactly that. If I ever fully recover I want to be where she's now.
Meh, I personally can't stand her so I might not be the best person to say this, but you probably shouldn't be talking about food and body ALL THE FREAKING TIME if you were actually properly recovered. Some people with an ED seemingly fail to grasp the idea that being recovered doesn't mean "happily talking about food all the time" or posting videos of yourself eating 24/7. Being recovered means that food and body issues just stop being such a big deal and they mostly stay in the back of your mind. For normal people, food is boring - nice, tasty, but boring. Do you ever see non-ED people telling you every single f*cking detail about what they ate that day? (except youtubers who make money out of that, of course - I mean people in real life) I bet you don't. The normal, non-ED people I know usually maybe say something like "oh I ate this very nice thing today, love that stuff!" and then proceed on dealing with other things.
I was just like that before my ED. I loved eating and enjoyed food, but it was really a very minor component in my life. I didn't plan my meals in advance and hardly remembered them afterwards - I certainly wouldn't have thought of doing a whole youtube channel about me eating stuff. And yes I got body image thoughts sometimes but I mostly couldn't be bothered, life was more important.

An actually, properly recovered person is Tabitha Farrar. She doesn't really care about food and just eats whatever. She also said she's not going to post "what I eat in a day" videos because a) it would be weird to just eat in front of a camera b) why would people give two shits about it and c) ain't nobody got time for that, lol.

Post by Guest »

sparda wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 pm
FlatWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am

Meh, I personally can't stand her so I might not be the best person to say this, but you probably shouldn't be talking about food and body ALL THE FREAKING TIME if you were actually properly recovered. Some people with an ED seemingly fail to grasp the idea that being recovered doesn't mean "happily talking about food all the time" or posting videos of yourself eating 24/7. Being recovered means that food and body issues just stop being such a big deal and they mostly stay in the back of your mind. For normal people, food is boring - nice, tasty, but boring. Do you ever see non-ED people telling you every single f*cking detail about what they ate that day? (except youtubers who make money out of that, of course - I mean people in real life) I bet you don't. The normal, non-ED people I know usually maybe say something like "oh I ate this very nice thing today, love that stuff!" and then proceed on dealing with other things.
I was just like that before my ED. I loved eating and enjoyed food, but it was really a very minor component in my life. I didn't plan my meals in advance and hardly remembered them afterwards - I certainly wouldn't have thought of doing a whole youtube channel about me eating stuff. And yes I got body image thoughts sometimes but I mostly couldn't be bothered, life was more important.

An actually, properly recovered person is Tabitha Farrar. She doesn't really care about food and just eats whatever. She also said she's not going to post "what I eat in a day" videos because a) it would be weird to just eat in front of a camera b) why would people give two shits about it and c) ain't nobody got time for that, lol.
I 100% agree with what you said. But don't forget that Jen is a YouTuber who gain popularity doing What I Eat in a Day videos, thus she is expected to continue making them. But since she is recovered she doesn't want to do it anymore and feels stuck between the source of her income and the fact that it bores her. That's how I see it and it corresponds with what you said too.

Victoria212
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Victoria212 »

Does anyone follow Caroline Groth? An Australian Instagrammer friends with Christie Swadling and Better Being Steph. She’s another one allegedly recovering from an ED but obsessed with healing her guy and exercising.

guruanne86
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by guruanne86 »

Yes to Caroline! She seems sweet and down to earth, but anyone with an ED past that has restricted their food intake down to 2/3 food groups is Not recovered!! Even in the name of gut health - I struggle from my own gut issues and everytime I consider a special diet to miraculously heal myself-I think this video by Kayla Rose (someone actually getting a masters degree in nutrition) in which she talks about how dangerous those diets are bc your body stops producing the enzymes ect to digest these foods and while you might feel better initially the outcome is that you become even more sensitive to food-and it is better to work through it and just Eat with no restrictions!

Fluffylove
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Fluffylove »

Victoria212 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm
Does anyone follow Caroline Groth? An Australian Instagrammer friends with Christie Swadling and Better Being Steph. She’s another one allegedly recovering from an ED but obsessed with healing her guy and exercising.
Betterbeingsteph really is an atrocious example of a recovery influencer. Her trainer enforced rest days are her usual obsessive compulsive 10,000+ step count and 40 minutes on cardio machines??? It’s kind of sad the closest thing she can get to not obsessively exercising for a day is an “active rest day”... like that’s the most ed thing you could possibly come up with??

It wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t in complete denial or was up front about not trying to recover.

I followed her for 2 years on insta and it really stalled my recovery thinking that I could make good recovery progress but still cling to exercise and only eat high volume low calorie meals :roll:

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Has Holly Gabrielle been discussed on here before? I don’t know how to describe it but she just gives off the vibe that she’s not as recovered as she seems to be

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

dietgossip wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 am
Has Holly Gabrielle been discussed on here before? I don’t know how to describe it but she just gives off the vibe that she’s not as recovered as she seems to be
I’ve mentioned her a couple of times before and couldn’t agree more, I think the big red flags are her exercise and seeming obsession with “clean” eating, so little fats in her food and basically lives off veg! I think her perfectionism is a something she would potentially benefit talking to someone about, speaking as someone who is in recovery and know perfectionism was my biggest trigger/stumbling block. She has so much potential! I hate to see her still have so much self-doubt/clear issues with food.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

She has her own thread!

viewtopic.php?f=186&t=34246&start=75

tagreen348
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by tagreen348 »

There’s another ED youtuber that I watch, her name is zoe Rebekah. She’s only 16 but she’s very well spoken and is honest about recovery. Her account also isn’t just centered around her ED, which I admire

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

Has anyone watched an ED 'recovery' Youtuber called Recovery Bakes? Christ she is not an advert for recovery. She is also very young, around 16? Also she is from the North East of England and has the weirdest faux American / Irish accent . Bizarre. Her hair loss is very significant and made even worse by the way she scrapes it eye waveringly tight on top of her head. I feel she is not doing herself any favours with her channel and being so young she should be guided better.

lokiofasgard
Learner
Learner

Post by lokiofasgard »

LipstickLashes wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:33 am
Has anyone watched an ED 'recovery' Youtuber called Recovery Bakes? Christ she is not an advert for recovery. She is also very young, around 16? Also she is from the North East of England and has the weirdest faux American / Irish accent . Bizarre. Her hair loss is very significant and made even worse by the way she scrapes it eye waveringly tight on top of her head. I feel she is not doing herself any favours with her channel and being so young she should be guided better.
Oh God I totally cannot watch her. She is so cringey and her age freaks me out too, no one seems to be there for her to guide her

lushmoon13
Talker
Talker

Post by lushmoon13 »

elzanis mom has cancer..wow. i feel like she is going to spiral downward

Learner
Learner

Post by 080701 »

lushmoon13 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm
elzanis mom has cancer..wow. i feel like she is going to spiral downward
Just saw that and that’s what I was thinking. Especially if her mom starts losing weight because of it :|

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”