Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

someonenice
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

Post by someonenice »

I follow Stephanie on YT, not on instagram. I think there already are a lot of opinions on her latest video, so I only came to say this - I looked at her instagram and her latest caption is that she is embracing her bigger body and "hi boobs". Hashtag 11 pounds up. I found this an awful way to promote weight gain. I know that she was restricting a lot, was really really skinny, and therefore her body is probably starving and hence that weight gain. BUT it just feels so wrong. She obviously didn't gain 11 pounds, a lot of it will be water retention etc. Most recovering people or underweight people take their time with increasing calories and weight gain. And here's Stephanie with her 11 pounds up in a week or so. I just feel like she keeps promoting this unhealthy relationship with food and body weight.
That being said, I really liked her YT video and was happy for her decision. But I found absolutely nothing inspirational about her gaining 11 pounds in a week, eating 5,000 cals a day, and having some bad days along with it like she said. NOT saying she has an ED. BUT there are times when people who restricted turn into binge eaters because one can restrict for only so long

Lyanna
Debater
Debater

Post by Lyanna »

Brace yourself for daily weight gain body updates :roll: Shouldn't the goal be being LESS obsessed with looks and weights instead of somehow even MORE focused on it??!

fitspotofitsno
Learner
Learner

Post by fitspotofitsno »

In regards to everyone posting about their personal experience with the cheat day vids, the same thing happened to me. Luckily I was able to pull myself out of it, but after the third video I was totally brainwashed into thinking that, because she had a PhD, and because she was so tiny and fit, that I could do a few "cheat days" and be fine. Wrong. I have a lot of thoughts here so I'll try to make it short.
Her videos are very appealing to people who already have issues/non-typical relationships with food. I remember showing a few videos to my boyfriend and he thought it was disgusting and couldn't imagine eating that much food in one sitting (this coming from a 6'4", 230 lb college guy). Eventually I noticed how bad I felt after the big portions of food and how much I would restrict the next few days. Not worth it at all. I unfollowed Steph on everything and I was able to stop doing the stupid "cheat days" under the guise of "controlling my big appetite" *eye roll*.
Again, totally agree with the person who said I can't blame Steph for what I did with her videos, and I completely agree. I just wish she would come out and address this because she HAS TO KNOW what her videos suggest and how they can be taken out of context and hurt people.

dramaticchan
Learner
Learner

Post by dramaticchan »

Stephanie is an exploitative and troubled woman. I check these threads daily and love reading everyone's comments. But I am not for a minute regarding her as brave or a hero. Jumping from 1 extreme to another isnt healthy. She is equally disordered now as she has ever been. The videos make money - that's why they're up. She hasn't changed. Her disordered ways are just being presented in a different manner.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Personally, I’m going to give her a month. So far she’s been a little too laid back with documenting her food intake for my liking but maybe she needs time off of social media to help readjust her mindset about aesthetics and being the perfect fitspo. The good news is that she’s put on weight and seems to stay true to improving her diet. But the protein oats and broccoli with what looks like pork chops or chicken thighs. That’s actually depressing knowing this because any normal fitspo and healthy person would eat that on the regular, not in recovery or an all in program. If she ever shows signs of being secretive, retreating back to restricting herself or becoming disordered with this current plan, I’m going to unfollow again.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

Post by emlamp10n »

Is it just me or does her “all in” plan seem hella restrictive in its own way?
She mentions eating lots of fruits and veggies to make her feel full and that chicken with broccoli does not look like what somebody whose committed to responding to it’s body’s cravings and signals would eat. It’s only a way to suppress your appetite by filling your stomach with fiber and water from voluminous water-dense foods.
It’s fine to eat “super clean” and a lot of fruits and veggies to suppress your hunger if that’s your goal but with her it goes against the whole “all in” message she was promoting in her videos. To me, it just another form of restriction. Just because she’s eating more does not mean that she is not restricting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

srirachujang wrote:Personally, I’m going to give her a month. So far she’s been a little too laid back with documenting her food intake for my liking but maybe she needs time off of social media to help readjust her mindset about aesthetics and being the perfect fitspo. The good news is that she’s put on weight and seems to stay true to improving her diet. But the protein oats and broccoli with what looks like pork chops or chicken thighs. That’s actually depressing knowing this because any normal fitspo and healthy person would eat that on the regular, not in recovery or an all in program. If she ever shows signs of being secretive, retreating back to restricting herself or becoming disordered with this current plan, I’m going to unfollow again.
I think the fact that she keeps justifying that she weighs herself/still counts her intake in the name of science is what keeps me skeptical. No one is making her do all of this. No one made her do extreme cheat days, no one made her cut down to have abs, no one is making her do any of this. If she truly wanted to get healthy she would get off of social media. A few years ago when I was super into bikini comps and followed these people, I noticed a few would drop off of the face of the earth, only to come back truly healthy and not posting for social media “fame.” They wouldn’t even post often, but every week or two weeks to document something (normal) in their lives. Removing themselves from the toxicity that is social media was true health and recovery in my eyes. I’m curious to see where all of this goes and at the end of the day, I just want her to be healthy and safe.

jendixon
Talker
Talker

Post by jendixon »

In Steph's defense (sort of) lol, I will share my only story of ED recovery without saying anything about Steph. When I was stupidly underweight and still refeeding, bland food and weird food tasted AMAZING. It took months for me to realize broccoli, sugar free jello, and oatmeal weren't irresistible. If she puts on weight, I'll buy that her tastebuds are just still screwed. If she says she goes hyper-metabolic for a year or something, I'm calling BS.

Post by Guest »

Not going to jinx anything, but I feel like Stephanie’s nearing the 130 mark, assuming she started at 115-117 lbs. Not saying this is a bad thing at all, but I’m curious if she regrets not going on that lean bulk where she could have put on more muscle and then leaned out over the summer or something, still being able to eat a good amount of food and have a more relaxed lifestyle but look more toned and such. I mean it’s not too late for that but with her new all-in plan, it seems like she’s way too tired of being so meticulous and calculated with her diet. I couldn’t find a good article explaining this “all in” approach in depth so I’m assuming it’s for ED recovery or for metabolic disruption, but hopefully she doesn’t take this too irresponsibly and go to the other extreme or revert back. Her restrict-binge cycle seemed like a living hell, at least she looks and feels okay now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

yeah the idea of ramping up your caloric intake to absurd amounts of calories --- like 3k-5k ---- is common in recovery centers. When you body is starved for so long in a b/p cycle or anorexia (or even anorexic b/p subtype) , your body is void of most essential nutrients and macros , and thus you lose weight very fast because obviously you are just burning fuel without taking anything substantial in for your body to absorb. You are lethargic and your metabolism is botched, for the time being.
When those getting out of a state of starvation want/need to gain weight, you have to overshoot the typical amount, because your once starved body has now been shocked into an overshoot of fuel burning; your lethargic slow metabolism is now briefly a superactive metabolism. That's why the process of weight regain sometimes looks slow at first once recovery youtubers start the recovery journey; their metabolism is still adjusting to the shock of suddenly getting food and nourishment for the first time in a long time.
Imagine your metabolism as a beast, that starts a hibernation when restricting longterm; once you start eating more, you wake it up, and it's hot and angry for awhile before it chills tf out back to normal. That's whats going on metabolically, in simple terms.
This process of overshoot should simmer down within a week or two; I predict a video will come out by then of her declaring a more balanced diet, no longer going all in, and just working on maintaining and building muscle at a normal intake now that her BMI and BMR are loosely fixed.

rene1018
Informer
Informer

Post by rene1018 »

intotheohno95 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm
Not going to jinx anything, but I feel like Stephanie’s nearing the 130 mark, assuming she started at 115-117 lbs. Not saying this is a bad thing at all, but I’m curious if she regrets not going on that lean bulk where she could have put on more muscle and then leaned out over the summer or something, still being able to eat a good amount of food and have a more relaxed lifestyle but look more toned and such. I mean it’s not too late for that but with her new all-in plan, it seems like she’s way too tired of being so meticulous and calculated with her diet. I couldn’t find a good article explaining this “all in” approach in depth so I’m assuming it’s for ED recovery or for metabolic disruption, but hopefully she doesn’t take this too irresponsibly and go to the other extreme or revert back. Her restrict-binge cycle seemed like a living hell, at least she looks and feels okay now.
That’s crazy how different she looks without the extreme posing. I’m glad she’s gaining some weight back and sticking to it

ssrcardy
Learner
Learner

Post by ssrcardy »

Yeah I think this is caused my by her black and white thinking. Either she has to be super super restrictive and super lean. Or is just like “I don’t care anymore” and completely let’s loose. I think that it just boiled down to her being sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. It’s really good that she’s taking the necessary steps for her health and sanity though. I wonder why she hasn’t tried to mirror the image of Jeff though? He seems to be a pretty balanced eater. Not doing these extreme cheat days but eating pretty balanced and allowing himself a bite of this or that anytime he wants

likestolurk
Talker
Talker

Post by likestolurk »

I thought she looked great in that post today though.

OneOfTheHeathers
Debater
Debater

Post by OneOfTheHeathers »

Did anyone watch her stories this morning/last night? She was tlaking about journaling her thoughts/feelings about what she's eating and then mentioned ankle swelling and other symptoms....it all sounds SO much like ED treatment and ED/re-feeding syndrome. I wonder who this woman is that convinced her to do this "all in" thing...?

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

jaenerys wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:34 pm

This process of overshoot should simmer down within a week or two; I predict a video will come out by then of her declaring a more balanced diet, no longer going all in, and just working on maintaining and building muscle at a normal intake now that her BMI and BMR are loosely fixed.
Nah I'd give it a few months. If her weight stalls in a couple weeks I'd be concerned/suspicious.

Emmalouise1623
Learner
Learner

Post by Emmalouise1623 »

She really has no waist :o
But I’m glad she’s being more honestly lately and not contorting her body as much.

Also side note, her story the other day with her dad came off as pretty narcissistic. She said verbatim “My dad is why I’m so jacked...In case you’re wondering where I get my muscle genetics” :roll: I don’t get it, does she genuinely think she has big, impressive muscles like Annie Thorosdottir or something?! I am so confused. Does she really think she has good body building genetics? She has terrible proportions as can be seen in these pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Wow she looks so much better. She actually has thighs now.

happy camper
Talker
Talker

Post by happy camper »

She looks a lot better already! You can see that her energy levels have gone up and those under eye bags are not so visible anymore. I'm glad she decided to gain weight, it will be nothing but good for her. I just hope she sticks to it and embraces her bigger body. I can imagine it must be really hard after you've been restricting for so long, but I really hope she climbs out of that hole. I'm really rooting for her.

queenwacko1
Informer
Informer

Post by queenwacko1 »

ssrcardy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:55 pm
Yeah I think this is caused my by her black and white thinking. Either she has to be super super restrictive and super lean. Or is just like “I don’t care anymore” and completely let’s loose. I think that it just boiled down to her being sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. It’s really good that she’s taking the necessary steps for her health and sanity though. I wonder why she hasn’t tried to mirror the image of Jeff though? He seems to be a pretty balanced eater. Not doing these extreme cheat days but eating pretty balanced and allowing himself a bite of this or that anytime he wants

In her all in video, she said that she plans to continue to do those cheat days :?

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

I was so happy when she mentioned Kayla in her Instagram story and then she had to mention Erik and I totally lost her. Why?! He’s the worst example possible. I’m sure he just wants to be in the spotlight again.

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”