Datalie Thread (David and Natalie)

riss526
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Datalie Thread (David and Natalie)

Post by riss526 »

To be honest, I feel like he’s playing a game a little bit. Like it’s almost entertaining to him to see all the theories and how people react. I dont know maybe I’m way off, but it’s like hot and cold. He ship baits and then pulls back, ship baits, then pulls back again. It’s like he wants us to know but doesn’t at the same time. For example, when he commented on that shipping post while he was in Vegas with Carly and Erin last week, and then within an hour of him commenting, the twitter account ran by Carly and Erin of shit David says then tweets “I can’t find a girl with legs that I like” or whatever. So people went crazy that David commented on a datalie ship post and then he seemingly says something that makes it seem like he’s not with anyone. I’m probably WAAAAAY overthinking this but i guess this is the place to put theories out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

screamqueens
Informer
Informer

Re: Datalie Thread (David and Natalie)

Post by screamqueens »

riss526 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 pm
To be honest, I feel like he’s playing a game a little bit. Like it’s almost entertaining to him to see all the theories and how people react. I dont know maybe I’m way off, but it’s like hot and cold. He ship baits and then pulls back, ship baits, then pulls back again. It’s like he wants us to know but doesn’t at the same time. For example, when he commented on that shipping post while he was in Vegas with Carly and Erin last week, and then within an hour of him commenting, the twitter account ran by Carly and Erin of shit David says then tweets “I can’t find a girl with legs that I like” or whatever. So people went crazy that David commented on a datalie ship post and then he seemingly says something that makes it seem like he’s not with anyone. I’m probably WAAAAAY overthinking this but i guess this is the place to put theories out there.

I agree with this especially with the new vlog. We have people shipping Nat and Ilya now...including me. He's stirring shit up that's for sure

ingridient
Talker
Talker

Post by ingridient »

See it this way, girlies. Maybe David is trying to clear everything up and shut all of her admirers down and they can actually date since she says no to everyone else. Too much? I think so too :rofl:

Paschdav
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Paschdav »

Put your gun down or your daughter gets it

- David Dobrik 2020

https://cureouscat.me/Paschdav

You have the questions. I have the answers

sixlea99
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sixlea99 »

Do you think Dave and Nat would make an announcement or casually say something in the vlogs or the podcast to confirm their relationship? (If they do date in the future not rn)

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

sixlea99 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Do you think Dave and Nat would make an announcement or casually say something in the vlogs or the podcast to confirm their relationship? (If they do date in the future not rn)
I think they would wait super long before saying it officially, but they would keep teasing the audience with tiny hints. I think they would also keep it private from their friends for a few months.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

I've been dying to get on here ALL DAY!

Just wanted to give my opinion/ theories on the last vlog.

I think we have our reason as to why David and Natalie never dated in highschool. David knew Ilya had a massive crush on her and wouldn't go there out of respect. To me, going by those old vines, I suspect Nat had a crush on David, but eventually gave up, moved on and dated whatsisface and David only then started having his own relationships.

Earlier this year, just after Natalie became single, Ilya made quite a few trips to LA. Even talked about moving up. David always does the coin flip thing and convinces Ilya to stay an extra day but on his last visit before valentines day, he didn't do that. Meanwhile Ilya marched himself off the plane and stayed an extra day anyway. David also made a comment 'I hope nothing ever comes between us' on the vlog about Ilya walking in on him naked. It was an odd comment at the time but now I think I know what it was really about. Oh and then there is that deleted story of David's where Natalie is laying on the couch singing with her head back. David panned to Ilya who wasn't paying any attention, busy on a laptop, then back to Natalie. Maybe, just maybe, David realised she wasn't being cute and singing for Ilya's benefit.

I personally think they are dating, as I think everyone here knows. I think they aren't planning to tell us for a while. For privacy, out of respect to their exes, the fact some may call it nothing more than a rebound, the chance that the both swore to their exes that there was nothing between them and never wound be, and of course the whole Ilya thing.

Seems to me like Ilya has given it his stamp of approval (wore shirt to awards) and is just happy that David and Natalie are happy. Liza is finally being shipped with some famous F1 driver, which really just leaves her ex as the only one who might not appreciate them announcing it.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

reptar pickle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by reptar pickle »

Remember how David made the complete 180 of having no fear publicizing his next relationship to suddenly deciding he'd rather date in private?

Vlogs and podcasts chronicle David rejecting any form of female advancements, making his disinterest in Riley Reid & Kelsey clear. VS boys are impressed by David's pull of women yet him never acting on them.

Then, there's Natalie who won't address questions prying into her personal life. Not that she owes us anything as she garnered a following by association, not by choice. Anyway, she let Zane & Ilya down easy. She respectfully declined divulging status of her "ex" as well as prospect of "marrying David".

Natalie could've sunk datalie with one word, "never" yet they continue this shipbaiting charades. David edits his vlogs to tell a narrative that does little to cease the theories and instead fuels them with commentary and snippets he includes. (Blah blah business marketing + profit from fan service whatever)

One can wonder if David's sudden private stance stems from Natalie not wanting details of her relationship-- past, present, future-- to be public or exploited. A normal girl like Nat would probably just want a normal relationship. I'm here for healthy growth behind the scenes, however that may mean for them. (I’ll save power dynamics talk for next time.)

Unleashing my inner Datalie! Hey guys!
First post!

noonywel
Debater
Debater

Post by noonywel »

I am 1000000% a datalie shipper. But one thing holding me back is although they are quite opposite and I think thats what makes them cute, they are also opposite in relationships. Nat said she hates PDA and gushy I love yous.that is litreally what David is like in relationships

MiltankPrime

Post by MiltankPrime »

Teacup30 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 pm
I've been dying to get on here ALL DAY!

Just wanted to give my opinion/ theories on the last vlog.

I think we have our reason as to why David and Natalie never dated in highschool. David knew Ilya had a massive crush on her and wouldn't go there out of respect. To me, going by those old vines, I suspect Nat had a crush on David, but eventually gave up, moved on and dated whatsisface and David only then started having his own relationships.

Earlier this year, just after Natalie became single, Ilya made quite a few trips to LA. Even talked about moving up. David always does the coin flip thing and convinces Ilya to stay an extra day but on his last visit before valentines day, he didn't do that. Meanwhile Ilya marched himself off the plane and stayed an extra day anyway. David also made a comment 'I hope nothing ever comes between us' on the vlog about Ilya walking in on him naked. It was an odd comment at the time but now I think I know what it was really about. Oh and then there is that deleted story of David's where Natalie is laying on the couch singing with her head back. David panned to Ilya who wasn't paying any attention, busy on a laptop, then back to Natalie. Maybe, just maybe, David realised she wasn't being cute and singing for Ilya's benefit.

I personally think they are dating, as I think everyone here knows. I think they aren't planning to tell us for a while. For privacy, out of respect to their exes, the fact some may call it nothing more than a rebound, the chance that the both swore to their exes that there was nothing between them and never wound be, and of course the whole Ilya thing.

Seems to me like Ilya has given it his stamp of approval (wore shirt to awards) and is just happy that David and Natalie are happy. Liza is finally being shipped with some famous F1 driver, which really just leaves her ex as the only one who might not appreciate them announcing it.
It's an interesting theory anyway. I know the term best friend gets thrown around a lot in the VS but Ilya really is "the" best friend to David. I can imagine David wanting to clear the air with Ilya if he's picked up on him having a thing for Natalie. It seems like the kind of thing he would do. Maybe a funny segment with Ilya high as fuck seemed like the way to do it.

He did a similar segment with Zane after his Coachella posts, I do think there is a link between them both in that both segments ended with Natalie sort of rejecting them both. It does make me wonder whether this is his way of clearing a path to Natalie but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

But I have to be honest, I just don't know what to think at this point, his behaviour concerning Natalie is so inconsistent and all over the place, I can't help but wonder what game he is playing. I will say this though, if David wanted to sink the ship he could do it easily and yet refuses to do so. He appears perfectly happy fueling the speculation and the lack of denials from them both is only adding to that.

It really is turning into a rollercoaster though.

MiltankPrime

Post by MiltankPrime »

noonywel wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:38 pm
I am 1000000% a datalie shipper. But one thing holding me back is although they are quite opposite and I think thats what makes them cute, they are also opposite in relationships. Nat said she hates PDA and gushy I love yous.that is litreally what David is like in relationships
This doesn't add up for me. Natalie is always liking really gushy/soppy stuff on Instagram, I always thought she was a romantic like Dave.

Post by Guest »

I'm curious. Do you guys think David would shipbait his life for the views?

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

MiltankPrime wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:59 pm
noonywel wrote:
This doesn't add up for me. Natalie is always liking really gushy/soppy stuff on Instagram, I always thought she was a romantic like Dave.
I think it may have had more to do with who she was dating that who she is as a person. I think shes a romantic.
Dobrikwasalltherage wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:08 am
No. Why would he do that when it involves another person and to what benefit for her? Especially if she ever wanted to date someone else.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Post by Guest »

Teacup30 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 am
MiltankPrime wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:59 pm
noonywel wrote:
I think it may have had more to do with who she was dating that who she is as a person. I think shes a romantic.
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:08 am
No. Why would he do that when it involves another person and to what benefit for her? Especially if she ever wanted to date someone else.
I agree. I think Nat is just as a diehard romantic as David. She's just less into PDA.

I think I'm leaning most to the theory that either there's nothing or that there's something brewing and David's checking who she has had flirtations with to make sure she's not into one of them. David is risk averse.

One thing I wondered about is whether David treats his female friends the same as Nat, but we see it differently because we're biased.

Some of Nat's behavior still sticks out to me. Like those very sappy insta likes. And the lip biting. And the arguing. And the constant proximity to David even in non-work situations. Whether it's Coachella or whatever, when it comes down to it you find her around David, not Zane or Ilya. She doesn't do some of those things so consistently with her other male friends. I see more in Nat's behavior to question than David's. Ilya was so proud of having slept in the same bed as Nat 4 times when I feel like we've seen Nat and David up in each other's personal space pretty frequently.

Maybe the familiarity comes from living together and sharing a life together, but Nat definitely favors David over others even if it's only favoring him as a friend. The irony is that David is the most likely of everyone to talk smack to her when everyone else adores her (including me lol)

Or David could just be screwing with us all. He shuts down rumors real quick when he wants and he refuses to shut down the D and N one. It pays off for him. Natalie is like catnip to the audience and his views on the most recent vlog show it. Nat posted an insta pic right after the vlog probably because she's likely to pick up likes and her insta is becoming more commercialized. She and David both benefit.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by winter_ »

I definitely agree David has been very straight up with other such as RIley and Kelsey and shut them down straight away. The only time I can recall him doing this with Natalie was when he was talking to Josh about it and even then Josh was like oh yeah sure whatever its fun to lie

Post by Guest »

winter_ wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 am
I definitely agree David has been very straight up with other such as RIley and Kelsey and shut them down straight away. The only time I can recall him doing this with Natalie was when he was talking to Josh about it and even then Josh was like oh yeah sure whatever its fun to lie
David has shut down the Nat rumors before when he would mention she had a BF or like that time with Josh. Now that they're both single and spending more time together that we know of via Instagram and the vlogs, he won't similarly deny when he needs to deny it the most if it's not true. He's making some very deliberate decisions. Either I'll be happy for them when they get together or annoyed that he didn't put out a denial earlier.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 am
winter_ wrote:
David has shut down the Nat rumors before when he would mention she had a BF or like that time with Josh. Now that they're both single and spending more time together that we know of via Instagram and the vlogs, he won't similarly deny when he needs to deny it the most if it's not true. He's making some very deliberate decisions. Either I'll be happy for them when they get together or annoyed that he didn't put out a denial earlier.
He obviously has no issue shutting down rumours in the past.

Speaking of that thing with Josh, it was so weird. There weren't any real rumours at the time. We didn't even know she had split up with her ex. It was really random. And I want to know if he fed Josh those answers or what? It could have been a distraction from the whole trisha thing, or maybe it was a way for him to suss out people's responses to the idea. Especially Natalie's.

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

Home, not as in LA, but home... as in Natalie.

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FilofaxK »

I have a ton of thoughts about this now.
First of all I don't think Iilya's crush on Natalie was new information to anyone. Which is why is was ok to film it.

But I'm really starting to question if I have been baited- or looked into this when there was nothing there. If David behaved in the same way towards say Corinna (In a relationship) would we all have just laughed it off? Is it just because they are both single that we 'see' something?

There are definite things that I find hard to ignore- like commenting on that t- shirt post.There is literally no reason to do that, just scroll on by.

That being said, the one time David or Natalie have been flat out asked out this- she said 'next question'. I wouldn't like to think David told her to avoid these questions but I just don't know anymore. I literally painted on my clown mask after I watched the vlog.

He knows Natalie is click bait- hence why that last video is doing so well. Has he been doing all this for views- I would like to think he is better than that.

But David has now told us, his LA friends had a crush on Natalie, his VH hills had a crush on Natalie and he never did? I'm straight and I would marry her tomorrow.

His post showing them back together in LA on Shawn's bday? Why? why do it?

I even considered that they might just be fuck buddy's and no one knows- but now I'm thinking that I'm justifying my shipping.

Sorry about the post guys- my head is literally all over the place.
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by winter_ »

Teacup30 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 am
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 am
winter_ wrote:
He obviously has no issue shutting down rumours in the past.

Speaking of that thing with Josh, it was so weird. There weren't any real rumours at the time. We didn't even know she had split up with her ex. It was really random. And I want to know if he fed Josh those answers or what? It could have been a distraction from the whole trisha thing, or maybe it was a way for him to suss out people's responses to the idea. Especially Natalie's.
Yeah I suppose shutting it down when she had a boyfriend would be a given. But now everyone's shipping them more than ever and there's not been a straight up 'we're not together' but then again, it is raking in the views for him

Return to “David Dobrik”