Allie Glines

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Allie Glines

Post by haze »

I don't think there's a thread on her so I guess I'll start one.

Allie Glines is a beauty influencer from Utah. She has been doing YouTube for the past 2-3 years and gained enormous traction from her "I Followed a KathleenLights tutorial". There's nothing too offensive about her other than the fact that she does the most boring ass tutorials. Literally almost every thumbnail of hers are rosy/nude/neutral eye looks with a nude lip.

There's not much variety with her and she's kind of beige in my opinion.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Re: Allie Glines

Post by Kcat89 »

I watched her for a few weeks then decided I was done, since she became boring and repetitive. She seems nice, but it's the kind of videos where if you've seen one you've seen them all, and I just lost interest.

Also the first video I saw with her husband, I thought he was gay. He reminds me so much of my cousin's ex-husband who came out a few years after they married. They are still friends, but he said he did it because he didn't accept himself, and thought marriage would 'fix' it. Allie and Tylan give me the same vibes: best friends, they can joke around, he's always saying things like 'ohmygosh you're so pretty today honey', but the real physical and intimate connection seems lacking. Plus I know they're very involved with their church, and I'm thinking being gay is considered wrong for them.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I like her too. She is unproblematic and beige, I agree there. I also agree her husband is super gay.

I'm so glad someone wants to talk about her!
That Girl!

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

I was subscribed for awhile but every single look is exactly the same. Plus she ridiculously fussy/ocd, extra doing her makeup. It takes her so long to always look the same. 2 or 3 setting sprays and handheld fan? Drives me bonkers!

Puts on lipsticks with colors only to wipe them off and put on a nude.

Plus her constant pushing her hair back behind her ears when it's already in the tightest slickest ponytail ever.

Her husband is obviously gay. I watched the husband does my makeup and he knows more about the makeup than she does. The cringe was very real.

I'm pretty sure I heard on another forum that she and her husband are Morman. That would explain her super long hair always pulled back and her closeted gay husband.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

I feel like she'd look better if she chopped her hair. It's way too long and makes her look like a horse.

straightonedge
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by straightonedge »

I get it. I'm scrolling through her video page and litcherally only see the SAME makeup look (save for a few lipstick changes)! It should be considered double dipping to profit off the same damn look in multiple videos. But even then, isn't that makeup look unholy for a mormon? Lol sorry I don't know how they act

I don't think she's bad looking, kinda plain. I'll have to watch a video with her husband and see what my gaydar thinks cuz...just from screencaps it's like yeah I see it.

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

straightonedge wrote:I get it. I'm scrolling through her video page and litcherally only see the SAME makeup look (save for a few lipstick changes)! It should be considered double dipping to profit off the same damn look in multiple videos. But even then, isn't that makeup look unholy for a mormon? Lol sorry I don't know how they act

I don't think she's bad looking, kinda plain. I'll have to watch a video with her husband and see what my gaydar thinks cuz...just from screencaps it's like yeah I see it.
Definitely. She is so extra and fussy with 9000 steps to do a simple makeup look with nude lips. 2 different setting sprays she dries with a handy fan, multiple powders, I cannot watch her anymore.

Her husband is definitely in the closet.

GoneGrl
Learner
Learner

Post by GoneGrl »

I have been waiting on a thread for Allie to pop up for awhile now. I am not surprised that it took so long because as some of you have mentioned, Allie herself is not objectionable. She is very sweet, bland, and kind. I think she does a beautiful job with her makeup. She is obviously extremely talented. I don’t find her to be attractive with a bare face. While her looks are always the same I still find myself learning a tip or two from her every once in awhile.
My main beef with “her” is that her husband is so effeminate. I won’t go so far as to call him gay, but I would not be surprised one bit if he came out as a homosexual. I am not familiar with the Mormon culture so maybe the men are more prone to acting like that? Can anyone here verify this?
I think Tylan was more excited than Allie to go to Mario’s Master Class. He was downright giddy.

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

Is it a requirement fir YT husbands to be effeminate?
Typo’s Happen :tu:

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

The first time I watched one of her videos with her husband I thought he was gay. Glad I’m not alone in thinking that. LOL

smartypants80
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smartypants80 »

Josie888 wrote:Allie said in her assumptions video that Tylan works at home too. Does he just help her with her channel or does he have his own thing? If he just helps her, I wonder how they make enough money to live on?
I know I've seen her call him on the phone during her videos to ask him to bring her a makeup item, so he is probably her assistant. That's why he knows so much about makeup, I'm guessing.

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

Oh her husband is definitely gay. Even a blind man could see that.

I'm sure he's pretending to be straight because of his religion. I've got no problem with people not wanting to be in a gay relationship, that's their choice but please don't pretend to be heterosexual. That sort of thing never turns out well.

Overall though, he's cute and seems like a nice person. I personally would rather be married to kind gay man than a hetero rat bastard. I'm pretty sure their marriage will collapse one day in the future when he can't lie to himself anymore. I feel sorry for anyone who can't live in their truth.

GoneGrl
Learner
Learner

Post by GoneGrl »

Does anyone know what happened with her “Afterparty”? Is that still going on? She hasn’t mentioned it in ages (that I’ve seen or heard)

Seekerkey
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Seekerkey »

Even her Instagram is bland- OCD alert!

catmom89
Learner
Learner

Post by catmom89 »

I like her tutorials, but, yeah, her husband is gay. Glad I'm not alone in thinking that. I love seeing him in videos, though. He has such a great personality! They seem much more like friends than a married couple.

buttaface561
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by buttaface561 »

she's boring, this close to hitting that (un)subscribe button....

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I wouldn't mind her to be a little boring if her videos wasn't that long. She has a cute face, amazing eyes, her makeup isn't heavy like some gurus it's refreshing, but I can't watch her entire videos.

dramallama
Learner
Learner

Post by dramallama »

It's kind of a thing in their religion (Mormon) to encourage gay boys to marry women and just fake it in the hopes that god will reward them and help them resist their gay urges. I had a Mormon friend when I was younger who married a gay man (he told her before they got married) for that reason....it didn't work, obviously. He's now married to another man.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Did you guys see the post on bgcr that Allie was in the band the Gardner sisters before she did makeup videos? They actually are good and she has such a beautiful voice... don’t know why she quit to do boring makeup with a gay man but oh well

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

So she remove her Jaclyn video, her insta post is so diplomatic I'm gonna puke:

Return to “A-E”