Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

Post by jetspray »

Stnhill1202 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:38 am
2019 really is the year of recovery. Taylor Swift, Eugenia Cooney (my heart, I'm so happy) and Stephanie Buttermore. I sincerely wish her the best.
Meredith Foster and Jessie Paege also.

Post by Guest »

Stnhill1202 wrote:
2019 really is the year of recovery. Taylor Swift, Eugenia Cooney (my heart, I'm so happy) and Stephanie Buttermore. I sincerely wish her the best.
It is and that is amazing. 2016-2017 paved way for a lot of people to develop eating disorders or disordered eating, or just losing a lot of weight in general when they didn't need to. 2018 was the peak year for these disordered habits and EDs, so toxic for these influencers and their followers. There's a lot of hope for this year with recovery and perhaps by 2020, most wellness/lifestyle/fitness influencers will focus more on health and feeling happy and confident than aesthetics, how much you weigh or how slim you are.

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

Did she address if she will still aim to hit a certain amount of steps on her fitbit or her workouts, etc?

ssrcardy
Learner
Learner

Post by ssrcardy »

pbjnfit wrote:Did she address if she will still aim to hit a certain amount of steps on her fitbit or her workouts, etc?
No she didn’t address that aspect. She did say that she won’t increase her activity just because she is eating more. She’s going to use the extra fuel for strength gains which I think is the healthy thing to do. But I don’t think it’s bad/disordered of her to want to stay active and increase her strength. I really hope she documents this because I think it could be really beneficial for lots of people! And I’m not sure if she needed the “green light” from her subs/followers to gain weight. But regardless, even if she did, it’s absolutely the best thing for her. Just super happy for her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadi
Informer
Informer

Post by nadi »

Stnhill1202 wrote:
OMG! Eugenia is recovering? I haven't checked her channel out in ages... I'm so happy if this is true

death_wish
Talker
Talker

Post by death_wish »

nadi wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:22 pm
Stnhill1202 wrote:
OMG! Eugenia is recovering? I haven't checked her channel out in ages... I'm so happy if this is true
Sebastian Williams made a video about it.

death_wish
Talker
Talker

Post by death_wish »

A lot of people are saying they've gained respect for Stephanie and I'm happy for her too, however, I would gain even more respect for her if she went back and deleted all of her problematic YouTube videos like the cheat days (glorified binge eating), some of the full days of eating showing her clearly undereating, her mini-cut video, and her stomach vacuum video.

fitspotofitsno
Learner
Learner

Post by fitspotofitsno »

death_wish wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:38 am
A lot of people are saying they've gained respect for Stephanie and I'm happy for her too, however, I would gain even more respect for her if she went back and deleted all of her problematic YouTube videos like the cheat days (glorified binge eating), some of the full days of eating showing her clearly undereating, her mini-cut video, and her stomach vacuum video.
YES. Thank you! I entirely agree. It's great that she's making an effort to better herself and I'm happy for her truly, but we can't just forgive and forget all the disordered stuff she did/put out and the facade she put up that this kind of lifestyle (HUGE binges and extreme restricting) is attainable or even something to help manage a "huge appetite"...

Post by Guest »

death_wish wrote:
Oh you’re absolutely right about that. But she definitely won’t do that because A) they get a shit ton of views and views = subs = money, and B) she probably wants to keep them as “part of her journey” to document her life and all showing she’s human and changing. It’s so annoying when YouTubers make up an excuse to keep problematic videos because it’s part of their story. Come on, that’s ridiculous. If you had an old video of yourself perhaps making a racist comment or doing drugs, wouldn’t you want to delete that to not hurt anyone? The repercussions may not be the same, but they’re still both problematic.

queenwacko1
Informer
Informer

Post by queenwacko1 »

fitspotofitsno wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:08 am
death_wish wrote:
YES. Thank you! I entirely agree. It's great that she's making an effort to better herself and I'm happy for her truly, but we can't just forgive and forget all the disordered stuff she did/put out and the facade she put up that this kind of lifestyle (HUGE binges and extreme restricting) is attainable or even something to help manage a "huge appetite"...
I 100% agree. A couple of months ago, one of Stephanie's cheat day videos popped up on my Youtube explore page. I was intrigued by her "10,000 calorie" tagline, and so I clicked on her video. Prior to this, I hadn't really been exposed to the idea of extreme cheat days. I ate fairly healthy, but was pretty strict about letting myself consume too much sugar on a daily basis. However, after watching Stephanie's cheat day videos, I totally bought into the idea of having an extreme cheat day, and immediately went on a binge. Afterwards, I felt so disgusted with myself that I started restricting my calorie intake. It didn't matter that Stephanie claimed she never restricted after her days. I felt so gross that I simply had to restrict the next day. I told myself that I would go back to eating normally after restricting that day, but I was scared of gaining weight. And so I continued to restrict. Of course, my restricting was an unsustainable way to eat, so that inevitably lead to another binge. And another. And another. And I would watch Stephanie's cheat days with her so-called 'scientific' explanations as a way to justify my binges. It wasn't until I came on here and started reading all the things you guys said about Stephanie that I realized this was an extremely disordered way to eat. I've been trying to break out of the cycle and trying to recover, but it's hard. I just hope I get there one day. I don't want to place 100% of the blame on Stephanie for my current way of eating. But the reality is, that if I'd never watched her cheat day videos, I wouldn't be like this right now. So the fact that Stephanie has chosen to leave these cheat day videos on her channel disgusts me. It doesn't matter that she has her "all-in" video. There are so many young and impressionable girls out there who might stumble across her cheat day videos, and buy into the idea of those cheat days, without bothering to watch the rest of the videos on her channel, such as her 'all in' video. Watching her cheat day videos, it's really easy to believe that her type of eating is normal, especially because she makes herself sound so scientific. I hope Stephanie realizes the harm of leaving those videos up there and takes them down.

Post by Guest »

queenwacko1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am
So the fact that Stephanie has chosen to leave these cheat day videos on her channel disgusts me. It doesn't matter that she has her "all-in" video. There are so many young and impressionable girls out there who might stumble across her cheat day videos, and buy into the idea of those cheat days, without bothering to watch the rest of the videos on her channel, such as her 'all in' video. Watching her cheat day videos, it's really easy to believe that her type of eating is normal, especially because she makes herself sound so scientific. I hope Stephanie realizes the harm of leaving those videos up there and takes them down.
She also mentioned that she's going to keep doing cheat day videos. We all know that it's only for the views, but I genuinely don't believe she understands the danger behind not only leaving her old cheat day vids on her channel, probably monetized too, but also continuing to push that disordered way of living. Not all of her viewers are on an "all in" journey like she is and will assume they can have cheat days every week without restricting and maintain their weight. The scientific part of it just makes it seem more glamorous, which is so messed up. And it's not like her "all in" video will pop up on people's feed as often as the cheat day videos. Like no, her cheat days have millions of views and of course will show up because of the analytics. I don't think she's going to take them down until she really admits to herself that cheat days are wrong, or more likely, once cheat days go out of style and people stop doing them.

Silliekittie
Talker
Talker

Post by Silliekittie »

Yeah, but she also said shes essentially eating at maintenance and still having cheat days. If she doesnt gain much weight doing this, people will think they can do this. However, I wouldnt be surprised if she gains a fair amount (ie if she actually does what she says) and then blames it on the increase in daily calories and refuses to admit how the chest days contribute. I dont know. I just dont really trust she's going to do what she says given her track record.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

Considering she will not stop the extreme cheat days... am I the only one skeptical about all this? I get the impression she is only posting this video in response to all the negative comments and flack she's getting.

I hope I'm wrong and she really is trying to recover, but if you're trying to change your ways, the first thing that needs to go is 10,000 calories worth of donuts in one day. JMO.

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

Not sure about the cheat days eighter but I do think she really wants to make a change. I can imagine that she might be struggling with her weight/eating since she competed (2014?) and has always felt the need to restrict. She Comes across as an ambitious and disciplined person so she was able to stick with it for a while but at some point it must get exhausting. And maybe she did lose her period again (as some of you were speculating because of her video) and realised that she can't live like that for ever.

I still don't get her obsession with junk food, I mean she is highly educated. And yeah ok doctors often smoke and are overweight, so just because you know it better doesn't mean that you choose accordingly - but still, I would get so sick of it.

I am really not a big fan of that extreme "clean eating" and demonizing certain foods, but if I was her I would really try to cut out all the junk foods and refined sugar BUT at the same time eat really a lot of healthy stuff (you can still easily be in a caloric surplus with healthy foods). Lots of nuts and avocado and eggs and so on, especially IF she doesn't have her period her body needs more fats, they are so important for hormones.
I guess that would be much better for not having big Insulinspikes and for feeling full (because higher fiber) and since she would still eat a lot it wouldnt really be that restrictive.
I hate when fitspos are eyerolling on healthy foods just because they want to be relatable. Heck, you dont have to love ALL veggies but surely you can find some micronutrientdense foods you like.
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

theysayimnotoveru
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by theysayimnotoveru »

queenwacko1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am
fitspotofitsno wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:08 am
death_wish wrote:
I 100% agree. A couple of months ago, one of Stephanie's cheat day videos popped up on my Youtube explore page. I was intrigued by her "10,000 calorie" tagline, and so I clicked on her video. Prior to this, I hadn't really been exposed to the idea of extreme cheat days. I ate fairly healthy, but was pretty strict about letting myself consume too much sugar on a daily basis. However, after watching Stephanie's cheat day videos, I totally bought into the idea of having an extreme cheat day, and immediately went on a binge. Afterwards, I felt so disgusted with myself that I started restricting my calorie intake. It didn't matter that Stephanie claimed she never restricted after her days. I felt so gross that I simply had to restrict the next day. I told myself that I would go back to eating normally after restricting that day, but I was scared of gaining weight. And so I continued to restrict. Of course, my restricting was an unsustainable way to eat, so that inevitably lead to another binge. And another. And another. And I would watch Stephanie's cheat days with her so-called 'scientific' explanations as a way to justify my binges. It wasn't until I came on here and started reading all the things you guys said about Stephanie that I realized this was an extremely disordered way to eat. I've been trying to break out of the cycle and trying to recover, but it's hard. I just hope I get there one day. I don't want to place 100% of the blame on Stephanie for my current way of eating. But the reality is, that if I'd never watched her cheat day videos, I wouldn't be like this right now. So the fact that Stephanie has chosen to leave these cheat day videos on her channel disgusts me. It doesn't matter that she has her "all-in" video. There are so many young and impressionable girls out there who might stumble across her cheat day videos, and buy into the idea of those cheat days, without bothering to watch the rest of the videos on her channel, such as her 'all in' video. Watching her cheat day videos, it's really easy to believe that her type of eating is normal, especially because she makes herself sound so scientific. I hope Stephanie realizes the harm of leaving those videos up there and takes them down.
This happened to me too :( When I first found her videos, my relationship with food was touchy. I have been trying to lose my last 10 pounds after losing 25 last year (the last few are always the most difficult). To summarize, I have been through a lot of highs and lows physicially and emotionally. When I watched her first cheat day video I didn't know what I had coming for me. At first I loved watching them because I felt like I could live vicariously through her. But then after I while, they became extremely triggering. I remember one night I was feeling really low and before I knew it, TW I had eaten a 1/4 of a galon of vanila ice cream. It was a binge. I justified it as a "cheat day", Stephanie had them! She barely gained any fat after gorging on 30 donuts and ice cream! This is healthy! (I told myself). Soon the "cheat days" were every other day, I was eating out of sadness, boredom, frustration, idk. I gained 10 pounds in two months. Stephanie loved intermittent fasting so I decided to do them to counteract the effects of the "glorious cheat days". Flash forward to last Friday: I fainted for the first time in my life. On Monday I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia. Now I have to eat very specific foods at very specific times, I can't have any added sugars, if I miss a meal my blood sugar will drop so low that I can drop with it again. The worst is when I wake up from stomach pain at 7am and I have to go to the kitchen to eat as soon as I can or I could faint again.

I cannot blame Stephanie for what happened to me. However, the binge and restrict cycle she presented to me ruined my perception of myself. Now I can only watch her videos with sadness. I respect her going "all in" and her bravery in her last video. Nevertheless, maintaing her glorified binge eating, "mini cut", waist vaccums (look how tiny I am!) videos are harmful and extremely problematic. The way she has presented eating and food is perverse and gross negligence. Young impressionable girls are watching her videos. What if they are as naive as me? I hate what happened to me, I wish I could have learned to eat mindfully and respect my body. She needs to take responsibility for these harmful videos and promote recovery, as she appears to be starting to do.
please forgive any grammatical mistakes, I have dyslexia and english is not my first language <3 :D

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

She hasn't admitted her cheat day videos are a bad influence. Deleting them will go against her image and make her look like a fraud so she refuses to admit it. Instead she blames her current state on her last mini cut

(That's how I see it)

RosieLee
Debater
Debater

Post by RosieLee »

I still roll my eyes when she says she's documenting everything for "science."

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Ste-phony Cuttermore - Part 3

Post by emlamp10n »

I honestly kind of think that documenting everything so minutely is a way for her to feel safe. Like she has control over things even though she says that it’s “for science”

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

emlamp10n wrote:I honestly kind of think that documenting everything so minutely is a way for her to feel safe. Like she has control over things even though she says that it’s “for science”

Lol that journal thing she’s doing is the exact same thing they make you do in an Ed treatment setting before and after meals (minus the workout tracking of course).

Also in regards to the poster who allowed themselves to justify their problems with food because Stephanie I’m so sorry. This is exactly why she’s always angered me, especially with her stance as a “scientist” and dr, making her appear more legitimate. Her videos draw in a huge number of vulnerable people with problems with food due to the nature of her “content” and it scares me that people will see her videos and think this is an answer. I hope you find a better relationship with food. I know how awful it feels to be in that position, but you sound very insightful and I think with time and patience you’ll come out the other end.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

I'm glad Stephanie seems to be moving in the right direction, but count me in as a member of the skeptical club. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I really hope she's getting professional help and not relying on her phd, science, journal articles or whatever she usually does that makes it sound like she knows best and it's all an experiment. It's clear this girl had a weird relationship with food way before she started becoming super skinny.

Return to “Stephanie Buttermore - Archived Threads”