imjennjolliffe / Jenn Im Part 7

luna12
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: imjennjolliffe / Jenn Im Part 7

Post by luna12 »

So a friend who is a smaller influencer on Instagram told me a person from Eggie reached out to her to sponsor Eggie in a Insta post. She replied with her rates and they said that at this time they do not have a budget for sponsorship, so it would just be you get the clothes for free but not paid to post it. My friend said no to it lol. She said wow she's cheap. I wonder then all of Jenn's friends just post things from eggie and she doesn't pay them? It would certainly aline with her cheap ways.

macaronloofah
Lurker
Lurker

Post by macaronloofah »

@luna12 - A lot of online shops send people clothes/items for free in exchange for a video instead of paying for a sponsorship. See shops like Yesstyle and YouTubers like Pretty Pastel Please.

Not defending Eggie for all their other problems like cheaply made clothes and poor customer service, but this isn't unusual of an online clothing store to do.

bearnevada
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bearnevada »

I cancelled on Jenn a long time ago. I didn't like how she treated Stephanie - who was always so generous and good to her - to become obsessed with Sophia. I don't understand why their friendship group isn't Sophia & Weylie (I love their friendship so much, it's so genuine and they get along so well), and Jenn & Steph. Jenn sucks up to Sophia in a big way and their friendship doesn't seem natural like Sophia & Weylie.

I also don't like anything she does now:
- Her rant about how she still had to work post lasik (reality check Jenn, everyone has to work)
- Eggie (bad quality, poorly designed, no consideration for the environment, a mess
- How her channel is just Life of Jenn. I subscribed to her originally to watch actual content, about fashion or DIYs. Now it's just a vlog channel masquerading as a main channel. I actually don't care about her life. I want her to create content.
- Her fashion. Wtf was that cape outfit in Japan. She looked really awkward.

luna12
Learner
Learner

Post by luna12 »

macaronloofah wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:14 pm
@luna12 - A lot of online shops send people clothes/items for free in exchange for a video instead of paying for a sponsorship. See shops like Yesstyle and YouTubers like Pretty Pastel Please.

Not defending Eggie for all their other problems like cheaply made clothes and poor customer service, but this isn't unusual of an online clothing store to do.
No I know, but they didn't want a video they wanted an instagram post tagging the clothing company and everything. My friend already gets paid spon posts so I guess to her is she feels Eggie isn't worth work for free. I find the whole influencer thing very tedious but just some insider knowledge lol.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

luna12 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 pm
macaronloofah wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:14 pm

No I know, but they didn't want a video they wanted an instagram post tagging the clothing company and everything. My friend already gets paid spon posts so I guess to her is she feels Eggie isn't worth work for free. I find the whole influencer thing very tedious but just some insider knowledge lol.
how many followers does your friend have? if she's somewhat famous then it is cheap of eggie to want your friend to do a "free" post considering their clothes are cheaply made af. id understand if eggie is just starting out but she's got the budget to do eggie trips with her girlfriends, throw extensive launch parties, even her lookbooks and promotional photos are shot at special locations (and not just a studio), but she doesn't have the budget to pay smaller influencers? what a bitch.

her style now is just embarrassing. first was that ridiculous robe in japan, now it's the pink wig. wtf. is this what happens when your spouse supports you in literally every stupid thing you do? i can imagine ben going "yes babe, that's a cute look". lmao.

deeplymoisturizing
Learner
Learner

Post by deeplymoisturizing »

Yo her new video gives me Ashley vibes. The whole zooming in on her reaction, meme-y text caption on screen stuff. Even the standing in front of the camera and moving around, the quick cuts between talking on cam and voiceover, it's so Ashley. I mean I know Ashley didn't invent this style, but just from context, with Ashley being the new it-girl of the youtube fashion community, their closeness and all, it's hard not to assume Jenn's copying her. That's really sad. Jenn used to be the copy-ee, not the copy-er.

Baker23
Learner
Learner

Post by Baker23 »

luna12 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:57 pm
So a friend who is a smaller influencer on Instagram told me a person from Eggie reached out to her to sponsor Eggie in a Insta post. She replied with her rates and they said that at this time they do not have a budget for sponsorship, so it would just be you get the clothes for free but not paid to post it. My friend said no to it lol. She said wow she's cheap. I wonder then all of Jenn's friends just post things from eggie and she doesn't pay them? It would certainly aline with her cheap ways.
Clothing brands also do pr, i've seen bloggers like chrisele get pr from high end brands like dior, prada, loewe, it's not uncommon. I'm guessing they hoped she would accept in exchange for exposure

Baker23
Learner
Learner

Post by Baker23 »

I'm surprised her clothes aren't sold at revolve, especially since she's one of their "girls", aimee and camila have their brands sold there.

smith16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by smith16 »

Baker23 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm surprised her clothes aren't sold at revolve, especially since she's one of their "girls", aimee and camila have their brands sold there.
I'm not that surprised. I've always felt that Aimee and Camila were both higher on the ranking than Jenn when it came to be a fashion influencer. Also both of their personal styles and brands seem to be more associated with high fashion and they mostly work with those types of brands (michael kors, chanel, louis vuitton etc..) Whereas Jenn really seems to be going through a phase right now of "I still want to dress like a teenager" and her brand reflects that even with the name.

emmagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmagossiper »

Pony made a video about double eyelid surgery, she fixed her ptosis eye. I wonder if Jenn would like to do the same procedure. The only thing is she’s such a cheapskate , her free promo eye surgery was off putting.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

in the new vlog she booked a motel for $72 to shoot some photos then proceeds to be sarcastic about how it looks like what she expected it to be, joking about how "inviting" the toilet looks and saying the quality of the bed is "not bad". gross. $72 is not even cheap for me and the room looked completely normal. of course this isn't the usual type of hotels jenn stays at with marble aesthetic bathrooms, huge bathtub and maybe even multiple rooms, but she didnt have to be so insensitive and rude.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

kimdoyeon wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:05 pm
in the new vlog she booked a motel for $72 to shoot some photos then proceeds to be sarcastic about how it looks like what she expected it to be, joking about how "inviting" the toilet looks and saying the quality of the bed is "not bad". gross. $72 is not even cheap for me and the room looked completely normal. of course this isn't the usual type of hotels jenn stays at with marble aesthetic bathrooms, huge bathtub and maybe even multiple rooms, but she didnt have to be so insensitive and rude.
that rubbed me the wrong way too! that was such a bratty privileged thing to say, like i understand a lot of them in that group come from a privileged background but even her "friend' weylie has talked before about staying in motel rooms with her family when she was a child and that comment is even more insensitive

californiadreaming33
Stalker
Stalker

Post by californiadreaming33 »

Hey, I'm new here. Usually a silent reader but wow I am just so disappointed in who Jenn has become. She seems so out of touch despite saying she wants to be more vocal about politics and the things she cares about. I try to give others benefit of the doubt but this last vlog was truly difficult to stomach for me. I know what it is like to lack food, shelter, and access to basic resources. There are families who LIVE in motels because they have lost their home or cannot find affordable housing. I don't necessarily expect Jenn to be aware of this as most people aren't, but I guess I just didn't see her as someone who could be so callous. At the end of the day Jenn is privileged, and that's fine but it seems like money and fame have made her lose her sensitivity towards what others may be going through... Like I'm not sure how she edited the video or saw the final cut and thought that her and Iris making fun of the motel room was funny?

Anyway here is an article referencing the issue I'm talking about: https://www.thenation.com/article/these ... out-homes/

After years of following Jenn, I've finally unsubscribed.

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

Totally agree with what you guys are saying about the motel thing, and it does look like she's getting a lot of backlash about it on her video. Reminds me of poverty tourism, even though I wouldn't even associate that room with poverty, it looks totally normal to me. Other Youtubers have gotten backlash for exploiting 'poverty backgrounds' for their content whilst being super rich themselves, like when Sunbeamsjess shot a Nike lookbook at a council estate in London, so tasteless. Jenn is exploiting something for superficial purposes while sneering and looking down on it. God knows Princess Jenn would NEVER actually sleep in a room like that, even though she doesn't even pay for any of her luxurious hotel stays herself. :roll:

cellophane
Learner
Learner

Post by cellophane »

her constant need to address and prove the fact that she’s working hard is frankly getting pathetic. the title of her vlog “influencers are lazy” really got on my nerves. we get it Jenn, you work, can we move on? keep working and stay humble. that + the motel comment are so tasteless, she needs to get a grip.
S.

porridge
Learner
Learner

Post by porridge »

jewelkitty wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:32 am
Totally agree with what you guys are saying about the motel thing, and it does look like she's getting a lot of backlash about it on her video. Reminds me of poverty tourism, even though I wouldn't even associate that room with poverty, it looks totally normal to me. Other Youtubers have gotten backlash for exploiting 'poverty backgrounds' for their content whilst being super rich themselves, like when Sunbeamsjess shot a Nike lookbook at a council estate in London, so tasteless. Jenn is exploiting something for superficial purposes while sneering and looking down on it. God knows Princess Jenn would NEVER actually sleep in a room like that, even though she doesn't even pay for any of her luxurious hotel stays herself. :roll:
nope, the backlash has arrived.
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 2.11.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 2.10.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 2.10.47 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

purple_bun
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by purple_bun »

Speaking of Eggie, I found David So talking about Jenn irresponsibly throwing around having "depression" due to Eggie (

astarialexi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by astarialexi »

porridge wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 am
jewelkitty wrote:

I feel glad that a LOT of people are now seeing who she really is. I wish more people unsub from her. And I'm also hoping that bestdressed would surpass her in sub count.

jewelkitty
Talker
Talker

Post by jewelkitty »

porridge wrote:
jewelkitty wrote:

Yeah I said she does seem to be getting a lot of backlash lol... and more just keeps rolling in :D It's so satisfying to read tbh, people are waking up and breaking free from their minion chains haha

porridge
Learner
Learner

Post by porridge »

jewelkitty wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:59 am
porridge wrote:
jewelkitty wrote:

Yeah I said she does seem to be getting a lot of backlash lol... and more just keeps rolling in :D It's so satisfying to read tbh, people are waking up and breaking free from their minion chains haha
I read that wrong! Sorry <3

Return to “Jenn Im”