Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grace BL_ND UK: Blaming Glitches And Her Degree 2019 - Part 6

Post by dzhena »

gossipmcgossip wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 am
dietgossip wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 am
What’s with this trend of throwing champagne and confetti over people after they’re done with their exams? I literally haven’t seen it anywhere but Instagram.
At Oxford you "trash" your friends when they finish the last of their exams as part of your celebrations, often preceding a dip into the Thames!
Not sure if this applies to other unis but at my uni in every final exam the invigilators specifically warn students not to do this as it makes a mess of the university buildings and the poor staff have to clean up after everyone, it's seen as massively disrespectful and generally people who do it are considered idiots

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

gossipmcgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:
What’s with this trend of throwing champagne and confetti over people after they’re done with their exams? I literally haven’t seen it anywhere but Instagram.
At Oxford you "trash" your friends when they finish the last of their exams as part of your celebrations, often preceding a dip into the Thames!
this is the whitest “oxford man old sport” ive ever heard of. especially the thames part ergg

but i know a girl at cambridge and it must be similar over there bcos after their exams they sprayed champagne or whatever over each other - no confetti though

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Dirtylittle_secret wrote:
dietgossip wrote:
gossipmcgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:
That sounds literally like my idea of hell

At my grad, our tradition was a foam fight.

It is hell hahah
All of this is just making me glad I chose degrees with no exams

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

dietgossip wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:50 pm
dietgossip wrote:
gossipmcgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:

It is hell hahah
whats your degree if you dont mind me asking? never heard of an exam-less degree - i should probably change my career choices ahaha

gossipmcgossip
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipmcgossip »

dzhena wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:37 pm
gossipmcgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:
Not sure if this applies to other unis but at my uni in every final exam the invigilators specifically warn students not to do this as it makes a mess of the university buildings and the poor staff have to clean up after everyone, it's seen as massively disrespectful and generally people who do it are considered idiots

Oxford have tried to discourage students not to waste food/drink as it reinforces the Oxford stereotype and students can be fined for doing it. However, it doesn't seem they enforce it that much

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

shishtarsalma wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:53 pm
dietgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:
gossipmcgossip wrote:

It is hell hahah
whats your degree if you dont mind me asking? never heard of an exam-less degree - i should probably change my career choices ahaha
I did Film and Media Studies at undergrad, and I’m currently doing an MA in Social Research with a focus on Media- so undergrad was all essay and analysis based (apart from one mini test that was about 25% of a unit and if I remember correctly we were allowed notes? So I don’t consider that a proper exam tbh), and my MA is obviously research and essay based.

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

dietgossip wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:01 pm
shishtarsalma wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:53 pm
dietgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:

It is hell hahah
I did Film and Media Studies at undergrad, and I’m currently doing an MA in Social Research with a focus on Media- so undergrad was all essay and analysis based (apart from one mini test that was about 25% of a unit and if I remember correctly we were allowed notes? So I don’t consider that a proper exam tbh), and my MA is obviously research and essay based.
wow social research sounds so interesting!!!

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

aceg343 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:58 am
re graces story, grace i know your degree is hard but in the last 3 years i too have had 46 hours of exams. like across GCSEs and A levels, that isn't that much really. she just tries so hard to make it sound so extreme, she could just say she's relieved to be done with it.
bUt YoU wErEn'T rUnNinG yOuR oWn TwO bUsInEsSes

Grantchester73
Informer
Informer

Post by Grantchester73 »

shishtarsalma wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:49 pm
gossipmcgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:
this is the whitest “oxford man old sport” ive ever heard of. especially the thames part ergg

but i know a girl at cambridge and it must be similar over there bcos after their exams they sprayed champagne or whatever over each other - no confetti though
Sorry, more OT but I teach at the uni gym and got sprayed with champagne as I finished teaching my classes this week - they have exams in the sports halls. I was just like thanks guys, off I go to my personal training clients stinking like a brewery... It is the most dumb and most irritating tradition and if Grace participates than why am I not surprised!?

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

Grantchester73 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm
shishtarsalma wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:49 pm
gossipmcgossip wrote:
dietgossip wrote:

Sorry, more OT but I teach at the uni gym and got sprayed with champagne as I finished teaching my classes this week - they have exams in the sports halls. I was just like thanks guys, off I go to my personal training clients stinking like a brewery... It is the most dumb and most irritating tradition and if Grace participates than why am I not surprised!?
being a uni student is expensive surely its not made any cheaper by spraying champagne everywhere

if and when i go to uni, i will not appreciate being sprayed by alcohol - i dont drink anyway but no thanks if i just finished exams i wanna sleep not have to wash off cheap drinks 😒

Sherlockhoes
Debater
Debater

Post by Sherlockhoes »

How can you write 10,000 words a week but only submit 30,000 over three years?
Also 430 hours is very little compared to some other degrees... just day you’re proud of yourself and move on rather than #humblebrag
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aceg343
Learner
Learner

Post by aceg343 »

Sherlockhoes wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:11 pm
Also 430 hours is very little compared to some other degrees... just day you’re proud of yourself and move on rather than #humblebrag
my degree is over 600 hours a year of contact time!!

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

aceg343 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:42 pm
Sherlockhoes wrote:
my degree is over 600 hours a year of contact time!!
I missed that bit. That’s hilarious cause come the end of August I’ll have submitted 40,000+ words in one year.

spicygoss88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spicygoss88 »

Sherlockhoes wrote:

This whole tweet is a perfect example of Grace's massive over exaggerations

Most humanities degrees get two essays a week (or three a fortnight) so more like 4000-5000 words a week

I have no idea where that exam figure comes from given that musicians seem to have on average 4-5 written exams, so no more than 15 hours at finals and even less than first year... Unless she is counting every mock exam every term.

And as I've said before she wrote more like 26,000 words coursework.

It just baffles me how she is so selfish that she blows her degree out of proportion to get praise from her minions. Most people are trying to demystify Oxford via social media and encourage people first generation students to apply. Then we've got Grace over here making shit up for her #girlboss image.

kbexrickcastle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kbexrickcastle »

I study art history which I’m assuming isn’t that dissimilar to music. I only get one short essay and one long essay, plus around 500 words a week for seminars and a presentation per module. Granted I don’t go to Oxford but she is wildly exaggerating the amount of work she has had.

aceg343
Learner
Learner

Post by aceg343 »

spicygoss88 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 pm
Sherlockhoes wrote:

This whole tweet is a perfect example of Grace's massive over exaggerations

Most humanities degrees get two essays a week (or three a fortnight) so more like 4000-5000 words a week

I have no idea where that exam figure comes from given that musicians seem to have on average 4-5 written exams, so no more than 15 hours at finals and even less than first year... Unless she is counting every mock exam every term.

And as I've said before she wrote more like 26,000 words coursework.

It just baffles me how she is so selfish that she blows her degree out of proportion to get praise from her minions. Most people are trying to demystify Oxford via social media and encourage people first generation students to apply. Then we've got Grace over here making shit up for her #girlboss image.
that is what pisses me off more than anything. i was almost put off applying to oxford (as a state school kid) because of how intense it seemed and how different the traditions like subfusc are. if id been influenced by someone acting like grace does now; i honestly might not have applied.

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

Sherlockhoes wrote:How can you write 10,000 words a week but only submit 30,000 over three years?
48 hours of finals sounds like a dream Image I had 6 3 hour finals the past 2 weeks alone. On average you’ll spend 30 hours on finals per year doing my degree.

We’re expected to spend 40 hours per week on our course (does include finals and very long days in the lab though). We have a 2 week Christmas break and 8 week summer break, so I go to uni 42 weeks per year. Also work 12 hours per week, often more if I have modeling jobs and I go to the gym 6 times per week.

Should’ve studied music as well... Sounds like I could’ve had a social life lol. (Jk of course, very happy with my degree and I do have a social life. Grace should really stop the pity parade. Uni is hard work Grace. There are things in life that won’t be handed to you on a silver platter. Suck it up, that’s what we normal people do.)

Also: when will we hear if Grace failed her exams? And what if...

sikat
Learner
Learner

Post by sikat »

F

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

f-c
Learner
Learner

Post by f-c »

Sherlockhoes wrote:
The idea of this tweet is so strange to me. Is it a common thing for people to consistently count the number of words they write and the number of hours they spend on school? I graduated from undergrad a few years ago and I don't recall ever doing this.

raspberet99
Talker
Talker

Post by raspberet99 »

Saw her in Five Guys tonight, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “GraceFitUK - Archived Threads”