Athletic Apparel Discussion - Part 3

Nope nope
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Athletic Apparel Discussion - Part 3

Post by Nope nope »

Did you guys get something from the Gymshark summer sale? I've never ordered anything from them but decided to get the grey camo leggings that I've been eyeing for a long time. They were only -20% off but I must say I was quite impressed with the sales. Plenty of stuff 70 % off and 50 % off and much of it was fairly new too. I did consider getting the Isla cardigan too since 20 euros is really dirt cheap for 100 % merino wool.

Obviously it also means they must have had plenty of stock they need to get rid of, so maybe the sales haven't been as good as expected this year.

Post by Guest »

I just placed an order, the sale has been going for 3+ hours and there was plentyyy of stuff left. I wasn't even going to order but they had cute joggers for 70% off and I'm a high waisted sweatpant hoe. Ugh.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

I looked through the sale collection and idk if it's different per region bit nothing caught my eye. I only have 3 GS leggings and i liked the Dream the most but unfortunately i didn't like the ones on sale

All Hale To Kale
Informer
Informer

Post by All Hale To Kale »

By the time I checked GS sale, all the food stuff was sold out 🤷🏻‍♀️ TBH, I’m wary of buying from them anyway because whenever I’ve seen someone wear their leggings at the gym, it hasn’t been flattering. It’s clear they don’t offer compression leggings so I’m probably better off getting another brand anyway. Even Nikki looked bad in some of the GS pants she was promoting on IG for the sale and I think she has a great body.

etoiles139
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by etoiles139 »

Been 8 days since my gymshark order, literally placed it 6 minutes past the sale starting time and haven't even had a dispatch email yet!! Some people have been receiving orders today and others are receiving emails saying what they ordered a week ago has gone out of stock and have been given a 20% off code. Fingers crossed my full order is delivered eventually because a 20% code for next time doesn't really cut it when what someone ordered was probably 50% off

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

etoiles139 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 am
Been 8 days since my gymshark order, literally placed it 6 minutes past the sale starting time and haven't even had a dispatch email yet!! Some people have been receiving orders today and others are receiving emails saying what they ordered a week ago has gone out of stock and have been given a 20% off code. Fingers crossed my full order is delivered eventually because a 20% code for next time doesn't really cut it when what someone ordered was probably 50% off
I placed my order half hour or so after the sale started and my delivery came yesterday. I'm in the UK though.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

etoiles139 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 am
I placed mine about an hour past the sale started and haven't got any email yet either :roll:

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

Probably a dumb thing to ask after a string of posts about people's GS purchases... but is Gymshark losing popularity at all? For whatever reason, it seems less 'in my face' as it used to and I'm not sure if that's because some of the athletes have been dropped, my explore feed is looking different, or if it's seriously just my own disinterest that's making it seem that way. I just feel like I always saw people in the sets or the flex leggings, and hardly do anymore.

Post by Guest »

I ordered 4 items from Gymshark, was refunded for one. What I got was the Fleur crop top, slounge cinched joggers and this ribbed soft crop sweater with a tie waist. People here are always ragging on the *athletes* for only wearing smalls and extra smalls but y'all their stuff fits BIG. Aside from the 2nd/3rd gen seamless leggings that were tight af, everything I've tried from them was either true to size or ran big. (I haven't tried many things, but still.) I'm 5'8" and got everything in an XS. The Fleur crop fits me well, it's a thick fabric and it's SHORT. I'll probably resell it because it's almost offensive on my long ass torso lol. I had the same experience with their seamless crop tops except I'd say those are more of a true XS. The sweater is just nothing special at all and not worth the 25€ I paid for it IMO. That one's supposed to fit oversized and that's how it fits on me, so I'm not complaining. However, the pants. Damn. They are big big. The waist is baggy af, drawstrings are fake so can't adjust the waist, tons of fabric in the thighs and they are loooonnngggg!!! I know I have short legs but wow, I can literally cuff them four times and they'll still reach my ankle. The quality of the pants seems nice though, they have roomy enough pockets that zip up.

etoiles139
Learner
Learner

Post by etoiles139 »

TheQueenBee wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:42 am
Probably a dumb thing to ask after a string of posts about people's GS purchases... but is Gymshark losing popularity at all? For whatever reason, it seems less 'in my face' as it used to and I'm not sure if that's because some of the athletes have been dropped, my explore feed is looking different, or if it's seriously just my own disinterest that's making it seem that way. I just feel like I always saw people in the sets or the flex leggings, and hardly do anymore.
i agree! Personally I haven't liked any of their releases from camo onwards enough to buy them and only bought older items in the sale!
Has anyone noticed that since the high waisted flex release, basically no one wears either style of flex anymore? A few athletes like Beccasillsfit do ofc but I never see flex anymore when it used to be alll the rage

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

recommendations for shorts to add that are not super short and more high-waisted and something I can wear during leg day that is squat proof and won't show underbutt.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

etoiles139 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:13 am
TheQueenBee wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:42 am
i agree! Personally I haven't liked any of their releases from camo onwards enough to buy them and only bought older items in the sale!
Has anyone noticed that since the high waisted flex release, basically no one wears either style of flex anymore? A few athletes like Beccasillsfit do ofc but I never see flex anymore when it used to be alll the rage
I see it a lot more now than I used to. A lot of guys at my gym wear it now where as a year or two ago I only saw a girl or two wear it. I don't see much of the matching sets but I've spotted the flex leggings even out at trader joe's. I feel like gymshark has gotten popular enough but is still niche enough that I'm embarrassed to be seen wearing it. Like you probably didn't just stumble upon gs, so it's an advertisement that I'm trash and watch all these fitspos and if you know you know. :rofl:

Triumvirate
Learner
Learner

Post by Triumvirate »

Maybe it’s just coincidental but I haven’t seen very many people at all wearing gym shark (and I’ve lived in a couple different places the last couple of years) but most who I’ve seen wear it have been men and not women

Altocumulus
Learner
Learner

Post by Altocumulus »

Quite surprised that GS has managed to take off in Asia. In the gym I go to, GS is one of the more popular apparel brands worn by gym-goers.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:57 pm
pbjnfit wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am
recommendations for shorts to add that are not super short and more high-waisted and something I can wear during leg day that is squat proof and won't show underbutt.
i am also looking for recommendations, but am considering the sakura shorts from paragon fitwear and the new betsy shorts that are going to be launching later this week from p'tula. i've liked the lulu in movement shorts, but they tend to be on the shorter side imo.
Just picked up some shorts from TJMaxx by 90 degrees by reflex! The one pair is like a lululemon align short dupe and the other is more similar to the buff bunny shorts with the side pocket. I have run and done leg day in both of them and they didn't pinch or bite lol! I can't stand it when the legs start to roll up, ugh!

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

pbjnfit wrote:
Fleo!! I love my power high rises! They are the only shorts I've tried that don't ride up and show my butt and I don't have to worry about them at all when I squat. Also I love their prints.

Triumvirate
Learner
Learner

Post by Triumvirate »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:42 am
pbjnfit wrote:
Fleo!! I love my power high rises! They are the only shorts I've tried that don't ride up and show my butt and I don't have to worry about them at all when I squat. Also I love their prints.
This!! I love Fleo so much! I like their originals but you can buy power high rise and 3.25 is you want some a little longer or more high waisted. They’re not see through at all either and regularly put them through hell. I’m in the military and wear them under my uniform

Post by Guest »

Update on my Gymshark women's XS cinched joggers... they fit my dad lol

Nope nope
Informer
Informer

Post by Nope nope »

I got my grey/black Gymshark camo leggings and actually I love them, the fit was very comfortable and made my butt look juicy.

….HOWEVER they f*ucking ripped from the crotch seam the first time I wore them to work out! To make it even worse I had only just started and couldn't finish my leg day 'cause I didn't want to traumatize anyone with some unwanted crotch flashing. I sent GS a message, hoping them to send me a new pair asap.

AND THEN (I'm so mad at myself) I ordered another pair of the camo, now in the lavender color...I couldn't resist cause the first pair looked so nice on me for the god damn 17 minutes they were usable before ripping into pieces. So here I am, rewarding the company's shitty quality by ordering more overpriced shit from them. Bad girl!!

bananabear
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bananabear »

Nope nope wrote:I got my grey/black Gymshark camo leggings and actually I love them, the fit was very comfortable and made my butt look juicy.

….HOWEVER they f*ucking ripped from the crotch seam the first time I wore them to work out! To make it even worse I had only just started and couldn't finish my leg day 'cause I didn't want to traumatize anyone with some unwanted crotch flashing. I sent GS a message, hoping them to send me a new pair asap.

AND THEN (I'm so mad at myself) I ordered another pair of the camo, now in the lavender color...I couldn't resist cause the first pair looked so nice on me for the god damn 17 minutes they were usable before ripping into pieces. So here I am, rewarding the company's shitty quality by ordering more overpriced shit from them. Bad girl!!
Girl you totally should’ve complained and they should give you a new pair as concession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”