Has thanked: 0

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

Post by aerialmindful »

sharkbaait wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 am
aerialmindful wrote:
Von_Haute wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 am
I don't know if this is the right thread but just wanted to share that I bought Hanna Öberg's guide, the Get Lean Stay Healthy to kind of break from Powerlifting and hopefully lose some weight. And I have to say, I'm on day 2 and I can barely move.
Well, she has been doing a lot more challenging workouts lately since she's been training with Mark Carroll.
Can you give an example of a workout provided?
I am looking for a new workout guide and really have no idea where to find a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you check out Hanna Öberg's YouTube channel, you can find her free and intense workouts. www.youtube.com/channel/UCBeKQoyinCzc6JdS_47nHKw

I don't personally follow guides, but I've heard good things about Bret Contreras' Strong Curves program for glute-building. I also recommend the Nike Training Club app which is free.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jerseybitch »

OOOH! I second the Nike training club app. When I can't make it to the gym before or after my shifts, I can substitute with a workout from it in my basement. Their ab workouts are great to follow along with and are quite varied too!

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

Have any of you tried meg squats strength programming?

Triumvirate
Learner
Learner

Post by Triumvirate »

What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

Triumvirate wrote:What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone
I use polar beat or map my run they’re both great!

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Triumvirate wrote:What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone
If you hate carrying your phone I’d get a running belt to keep it in. I know the Nike run club app has an option to read out your pace every mile/km or half mile and tell you all that. I’ve found running belts much comfier than an arm band. If you want a watch you can’t go wrong with a garmin. You can get an old one for under $100 like the forerunner 25. I have one and it still works fine for pace/distance. And of course you can go as fancy as you want. You can go older but I think that’s about when they added bt connectivity from watch to phone.

meowmix8686
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by meowmix8686 »

Triumvirate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:55 am
What’s a good app or watch that can track run distance, pace, etc. I’ve been using map my run by under armor but I kind of hate carrying my phone on runs and would prefer a watch. Also just like hearing other app suggestions in case the only economical thing right now is to continue using my phone
Strava is a good app. Garmin makes great watches and the low-end ones are pretty affordable and work fine (forerunner 25, vivoactive line, etc). If you want something with a lot of fancy features at a better price than Garmin, Coros makes good watches as well.

sunnysplash
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysplash »

Any recommendations on a good reliable scale? I have weigh ins for competitions so I need it to be accurate-ish. :)

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

sharkbaait wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 pm

I'm subscribed to her stronger by thr day program.

All Hale To Kale
Informer
Informer

Post by All Hale To Kale »

Has anyone tried Massy Arias’ programs? If so, were they worth the money? She has a sick body even after a baby, but I don’t know if she has certifications or if her guides are worth purchasing. I’m trying to get rid of my mom pooch so any other good fitness guides pit out by certified trainers who are moms would be appreciated.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

good girl wrote:
sharkbaait wrote:

I'm subscribed to her stronger by thr day program.
Can you message me about your experience ?:)

Triumvirate
Learner
Learner

Post by Triumvirate »

Hey thank y’all for the run app and watch recommendations!!

The Wooorst
Learner
Learner

Post by The Wooorst »

sharkbaait wrote:

I've been on SBD since day 1 and I really love the program.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Don't know if anyone here watches Love Island UK but the new guy Danny is a Gymshark model https://www.instagram.com/itsdannywilliams/

Knoximus
Learner
Learner

Post by Knoximus »

So I have a Nikki type of body - naturally square with practically no curves. I feel like she's always had a nice booty from the side but from behind it's blah, not rounded or full looking and mine is the same, ugh. I know it's partially genetics but what exercises do you guys recommend to really work the side butt?

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

Has anyone had any experience with and/or idea about Leah Casciano's workout program for sale?

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

Knoximus wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:07 pm
So I have a Nikki type of body - naturally square with practically no curves. I feel like she's always had a nice booty from the side but from behind it's blah, not rounded or full looking and mine is the same, ugh. I know it's partially genetics but what exercises do you guys recommend to really work the side butt?
Banded lateral walks give the best burn for me (choose a heavy band and go very slow, about 5secs/step, (focus on mind muscle connection)

Also doing more unilateral exercises helps

Post by Guest »

has anyone tried any of katie sonier's guides? i "accquired" her booty program 2.0 and it looks awesome

aerialmindful
Informer
Informer

Post by aerialmindful »

herroyalshyness wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm
has anyone tried any of katie sonier's guides? i "accquired" her booty program 2.0 and it looks awesome
She's strong as hell, so I bet her program is much better than most other generic booty guides.

Post by Guest »

aerialmindful wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 pm
herroyalshyness wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm
She's strong as hell, so I bet her program is much better than most other generic booty guides.
you are so right! i love how strong she is and her approach to strength training is very no-nonsense. but yeah the program is pretty much all supersets and a shit ton of hip thrust variations so very challenging and def not like the run of the mill booty guides

Return to “Fitness”