True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

Post by Serendipitous »

Cp3p0 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:34 am
Do any of you ladies work out with a full set of nails? Like the long ones? I see women all the time with nails working out and I’m amazed. I can’t go a day at the gym without chipping a natural nail. Do you learn to avoid hitting stuff? I’m really curious because I’m considering getting mine done but I’m afraid I’ll rip one off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only wouldn’t get them done if deadlifts are a serious part of your workout because you will scratch yourself.

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cp3p0 »

Serendipitous wrote:
Cp3p0 wrote:
Do any of you ladies work out with a full set of nails? Like the long ones? I see women all the time with nails working out and I’m amazed. I can’t go a day at the gym without chipping a natural nail. Do you learn to avoid hitting stuff? I’m really curious because I’m considering getting mine done but I’m afraid I’ll rip one off.

I only wouldn’t get them done if deadlifts are a serious part of your workout because you will scratch yourself.
I do a lot of barbell work and deadlifts is in there. I’ll just stick with gel. Thank you!

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute »

Cp3p0 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:38 am
Serendipitous wrote:
Cp3p0 wrote:

I do a lot of barbell work and deadlifts is in there. I’ll just stick with gel. Thank you!

I have the same problem. My nails/hands always look so butchered from workouts and chalk, and I don't have time to get them perfect by myself. But even with shellac I can't have them too long :(
Sorry for what I say when I'm hungry.

altairego
Learner
Learner

Post by altairego »

What are some good resources to grow a booty at home? are there any guides or tips to do this?

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

altairego wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 am
What are some good resources to grow a booty at home? are there any guides or tips to do this?
hipthrusts :)
lmaooo

ym1622
Talker
Talker

Post by ym1622 »

altairego wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 am
Diana Ruiz has a home guide. I used her gym guide and got amazing results!

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly »

altairego wrote:What are some good resources to grow a booty at home? are there any guides or tips to do this?
Bret Contreras has a home version of Strong Curves. If you look at 3rd nested reply to the first comment someone made a spreadsheet for it. I've done his advanced strong curves before and it was really good, so I'm sure his home version is too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

i have a seperation problem with my glutes and my hamstrings. the back of my legs look like crap, and the underbooty into the bottom glute like, doesn't look fly yall

I need help. any video recs of some exercises that are basic and good?
lmaooo

notyourcupoftea
Informer
Informer

Post by notyourcupoftea »

japeterson42 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am
i have a seperation problem with my glutes and my hamstrings. the back of my legs look like crap, and the underbooty into the bottom glute like, doesn't look fly yall

I need help. any video recs of some exercises that are basic and good?
This area will improve mainly by diet. For a lot of women it is the last fat to go.

However, exercises I like doing that hit that area are good mornings, sumo deadlifts, and Romanian deadlifts. You want to get a good stretch out of the top of your hamstrings and overall glutes.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

Agreed with notyourcupoftea. I naturally have a large butt and thighs and my butt kind of just becomes one with the back of my thighs and it's annoying. I've finally achieved some roundness and hamstring definition after like 5 years of lifting due to losing a large amount of body fat which revealed all the muscle definition beneath. I'd also recommend if you don't already to have a hamstring and glute focused day in your work out split and work on going heavy and progressive overload. I feel like they've responded the best to that.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Agreed with notyourcupoftea. I naturally have a large butt and thighs and my butt kind of just becomes one with the back of my thighs and it's annoying. I've finally achieved some roundness and hamstring definition after like 5 years of lifting due to losing a large amount of body fat which revealed all the muscle definition beneath. I'd also recommend if you don't already to have a hamstring and glute focused day in your work out split and work on going heavy and progressive overload. I feel like they've responded the best to that.
thanks guys.
I had no idea it had most to do with diet, but I guess that makes the most sense. I have most of my fat in the back of my legs, but my quads are rock hard? So weird. Last night I figured that going heavy makes sense because going light hasn't done me any good obviously lol
lmaooo

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:13 pm
japeterson42 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:35 pm
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm
thanks guys.
I had no idea it had most to do with diet, but I guess that makes the most sense. I have most of my fat in the back of my legs, but my quads are rock hard? So weird. Last night I figured that going heavy makes sense because going light hasn't done me any good obviously lol
Going light rarely does anyone any good haha

well I haven't wanted to injure myself so gotta start back somewhere.
lmaooo

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute »

I don't know if this is the right thread but just wanted to share that I bought Hanna Öberg's guide, the Get Lean Stay Healthy to kind of break from Powerlifting and hopefully lose some weight. And I have to say, I'm on day 2 and I can barely move.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

Need lifting belt recommendations please!

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

I feel like a total idiot. Turns out Omar Isuf seems like the rest of them when it comes to his supplement line, Ouroboros Nutrition. It's been a week since I got an order confirmation but no shipping so I emailed CS to find out. What I found instead are people on the Ouroboros instagram complaining that it's been X months since they placed their order and CS hasn't gotten back to them. Same on FB. There's not much engagement and the last post was some 8 weeks ago. I'm disappointed since they were perfectly happy to take my money.

Has anyone had any experience with Omar's company?

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute »

My bf has a playstation and a VR set that we almost never used until his brother showed him some fitness games. I'm loving it! I'm doing "boxing" classes or "slashing boxes" kind of game and been burning extra kcals like crazy, and having fun. Is anyone here doing those as well? Any games you could recommend?

All Hale To Kale
Informer
Informer

Post by All Hale To Kale »

Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:34 am
I feel like a total idiot. Turns out Omar Isuf seems like the rest of them when it comes to his supplement line, Ouroboros Nutrition. It's been a week since I got an order confirmation but no shipping so I emailed CS to find out. What I found instead are people on the Ouroboros instagram complaining that it's been X months since they placed their order and CS hasn't gotten back to them. Same on FB. There's not much engagement and the last post was some 8 weeks ago. I'm disappointed since they were perfectly happy to take my money.

Has anyone had any experience with Omar's company?
Oh no! Don’t tell me that! I really like him and thought he seemed super trustworthy

aerialmindful
Informer
Informer

Post by aerialmindful »

Von_Haute wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 am
I don't know if this is the right thread but just wanted to share that I bought Hanna Öberg's guide, the Get Lean Stay Healthy to kind of break from Powerlifting and hopefully lose some weight. And I have to say, I'm on day 2 and I can barely move.
Well, she has been doing a lot more challenging workouts lately since she's been training with Mark Carroll.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

aerialmindful wrote:
Von_Haute wrote:
Well, she has been doing a lot more challenging workouts lately since she's been training with Mark Carroll.
Can you give an example of a workout provided?
I am looking for a new workout guide and really have no idea where to find a good one.

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute »

sharkbaait wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:18 am
aerialmindful wrote:
Von_Haute wrote:
Can you give an example of a workout provided?
I am looking for a new workout guide and really have no idea where to find a good one.

Sure, today I'm on day 3 of Week 2 (I stopped 2 weeks after Week 1 because of a) work travel and b) got sick but am back now).
Today it will be focused on back, shoulders, biceps and chest. There's warmup on the crosstrainer, then 6 sets of deadlifts, then 4 sets lat pulldown; then superset of DB arnold press and lateral raises; then incline chest prest, then DB incline back flyes superseted with incline bicep spider curls, and another superset of abs cable crunches and planks. Finishing the workout with cardio (20 min of sprints and walking).
There are videos on how to perform the exercises, which is great for me, I'm always confused with these "body building" exercises.

If I would point anything negative about the program is that it's stated that each workout is 1h but that's impossible, I take at least 1.5h

(sorry for some grammar errors, I'm at work sneaking my reply)

Return to “Fitness”