Thrift Thick

Trash Beg
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thrift Thick

Post by Trash Beg »

i love her Cassie. She's genuinely intelligent which i think comes across in the way she reviews products. i find it really helpful when she tests make-up - she goes into so much detail. She just seems so warm and lovely. I also appreciate that she has a passions and ambitions outside of YT.

i do wish she'd vlog more but i understand her apprehension. i'd also love her to do a video on her favourite music and artists - she has really interesting taste.

MascaraANDcoffee2
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MascaraANDcoffee2 »

Love Cassie! Just came across one of her YouTube made me buy it videos and ended up binge watching her videos, ha! I do like her reviews because I feel as if she is very honest compared to most beauty gurus. Also I love me some thrift store finds too <3

Dreamer9210
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Dreamer9210 »

I just found this girl the other day, I still can't decide if I like her enough to stay subbed. Anyone have suggestions on videos of hers to watch?

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

I'm in my 40s. I have grandkids. And I'm sitting here sobbing because I am watching her video about dermatillomania .

I don't have any words. Cassie, if you read here, I think you're amazing. :love2:

Fat Girl Revenge
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Fat Girl Revenge »

while i appreciate some of her reviews and honesty about products, her voice and "love bombing" style are so annoying that i can only take her in small doses. she just comes across wide eyed and welcome to our cult creepy love bomby forced friendly.

AnusPepper1
Learner
Learner

Post by AnusPepper1 »

kowabunga wrote:Haha ikr? When she said they'd asked her, my first reaction was "noo, please no sponsorship!" But then she's all like "DON'T BUY THERE GUYS, the customer service is a nightmare, the articles are super cheap, don't waste your money on them!" and I was like "That's my girl!" :D

Too bad that Adore Me shop is in the US, I'm always on the lookout for nice lingerie and their stuff looks quite pretty.
It's refreshing to have someone who gives honest opinions like that.

I love this girl so much! She's so quirky in a good way, and it doesn't seem like she tries to be quirky like so many other YouTubers. She is one of the only genuine people we have left.
I'm new here. I've never been a member of a forum before, and I'm still learning my manners. :D

bo-luke95
Learner
Learner

Post by bo-luke95 »

I like how she will show the aftermath of the makeup, wether it be food or just the day, its all very in depth.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

i am sorry, but i really dont like her mukbang videos.

meows_12
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by meows_12 »

Owli wrote:i am sorry, but i really dont like her mukbang videos.
I followed her before she reached 100k, and I found this type of video to show up on her channel really out of the sudden....
And I used to love her cat mentions, but now all she seems to focus is on Figaro, it's like you're paying attention to one kid more than to the other :roll:

Inspiteof
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Inspiteof »

At one point, before she got super popular, I was subscribed to her and watched pretty much all her videos, but there was one video in particular in which she was cleaning the inner corner of her eye with her middle finger. Now, she wasn't doing this by accident, she was purposely sticking her middle finger up while smiling. I found that offensive.

I don't normally get offended when Youtubers, or people in general swear. I swear myself at times. So, I thought about why it offended me so much. I thought upon reflection that it was a trivial thing to get offended by. But, I realized I was offended because she was swearing on purpose, in order to be funny. I know it sounds really weird, but if someone swears on purpose, I find that offensive, but if they do it by accident... then I'm okay with it. For example, if swearing is apart of someone's speech, or someone is non-mindingly swearing because they're upset, then that's fine. But, if you're doing it as a joke or to seem more "real", "down to earth", "blunt", etc... it's offensive. I know it's weird, but that's just how I feel and think on the subject.

I feel like a lot of Youtubers nowadays are swearing to get more subscribers, because apparently swearing means you're a better person than all the other Youtubers, because you're funny, blunt, real, down to earth, whatever have you.

Anyways, going back to TT, I didn't unsubscribe to her after that incident. I ended up unsubscribing to her after another incident, in which someone commented one of those typical, "I'm being respectful, but I'm still saying something negative about you" type of comment, and TT commented back with one of those " I'm passive aggressively insulting you in a nice way" type of comment. You know the type of comment in which the Youtuber is acting superior and condescending to the commenter. Normally, the word, "hun" is at the beginning or the end of such a comment. That kind of comment she gave to the commenter. To be fair, the commenter did give one of respectfully negative comments. And knowing me, if I was in that situation being told something negative in a respectful manner... I wouldn't be passive aggressive, I would be confrontational with my comment, which probably would make the situation worse. But, still... that and the middle finger incident rubbed me the wrong way, so I ended up unsubscribing.

Overall, she does seem like a good Youtuber. It's just those two incidents rubbed me the wrong way.

wearsomecolorbruh
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wearsomecolorbruh »

(I'm a longtime reader/lurker, but finally decided to join, hi).

You know, I have come to like Cassie. I wasn't sure at first - my first impression of her was being defensive...but as I've been paying more attention, I get it now. People are extra vicious toward this girl! I think, for the most part, she really is just an average, everyday girl. She's down to earth and I really like that she is not afraid to talk badly about products. I understand some of the criticism she gets, but I also think some of it is just catty meanness. And I know sometimes she says things that rub me the wrong way, and things I can see people finding offensive - but, I also realize that she is just human and all of us do that, sometimes. I really think she means well.

I like the way she does her let's test videos - actually showing how things wear through the day is more useful for me than someone smearing on the product in their temperature controlled well lit studio and then saying "see? it's great!" I like the variety of lighting you see in her wear tests and the fact that she DOES use more realistic lighting than the super bright blown out studio lighting many use. Overall, I think she is a really good youtuber.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

I just found her this evening randomly. I got the lipsense video rec'd to me. I'd see some fb friends talk about it so I was curious, even though I never buy into MLM's because they're always over priced and give me weird vibes. Anyway, I kind of skimmed a few videos and I like her! She seems normal and she's average looking, I mean pretty but you know, just an average woman. She looks more relatable than other beautytubers...but the mukbangs weird me out. I haven't watched one but immediately when I saw she did them I found it so strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

alright I lied, I've watched a fair amount of her videos now and something about her is kind of unlikeable. Especially after all this recent drama.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

She does have one of those personalities that are refreshing at first, especially the contrast with the rest of Instagram worshipping sameness that is YouTube, but I agree that he gets grating really quickly. I absolutely loved her at first and watched every single one of her videos, always clicked immediately when a new one came out, but after about 6 months I was done. I unsubscribed and never had the urge to resubscribe.

Saucey
Learner
Learner

Post by Saucey »

I've watched cassie for years and I'm still really into her! I don't really enjoy watching the mukbangs though

natureneon49
Lurker
Lurker

Post by natureneon49 »

I have a love/hate relationship with Cassie. I feel like she complains a lot but to be real, irl I feel like we all complain this much and she just has the guts to do it on camera. Also that digital clock she’s had from day 1 with the jewels on it lol I want it

Phil3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Phil3 »

Ok I saw her cry for 45 mins over a guy she knew for months. She seems desperately alone and I feel sorry for her bout that but. Clean your house! Change the background from sitting in front of your barely made bed! Stop your over eating videos of enough food for four people, while your cats crawl over you and the food, in front of a fatty couch. And for God's sake, don't talk about how eating eggs made you constipated, (while eating in a video!!) All of the above behavior is soooooo gross!

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

^check out her trash thread.

QWERTY af
Talker
Talker

Post by QWERTY af »

Alright I know I’m in the vast minority but I still like cassie. She’s messy in a relatable way, both in dumb shit she says and her background lol. She’s finalllllllly taking advice from her audience and I much prefer the food and lifestyle videos from her than the makeup ones, I hope she keeps steering that direction and taking suggestions!

Return to “Thrift Thick”