Post by Gossipmedium »

Lol! I love this!!

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Maxx & Dood - Happily Ever Forward - Part 2

Post by treelee »

Oh god, his latest video he goes on a rant saying fitness influencers both need sponsors but mostly GIRLS apparently make it their whole identity. Not like Maxx who has his own identity. :roll: I mean I hate hauls because of the total waste and fast fashion aspect, but really? How is doing a few haul videos giving away your identity? Then we have to get Joe in there being a gross asshat. Honestly I dislike Maxx the more I pay attention to his womanhating.

bones123
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by bones123 »

treelee wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm
Oh god, his latest video he goes on a rant saying fitness influencers both need sponsors but mostly GIRLS apparently make it their whole identity. Not like Maxx who has his own identity. :roll: I mean I hate hauls because of the total waste and fast fashion aspect, but really? How is doing a few haul videos giving away your identity? Then we have to get Joe in there being a gross asshat. Honestly I dislike Maxx the more I pay attention to his womanhating.
Completely agree. He talks about "girls just have to show their butthole to make it..." every time he rants about the fitness industry and IG and honestly it's getting old. He never once talks about men and what they do to gain more followers. If a girl wants to show her ass, she can show her ass. She's a god damn adult.

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

He’s just bitter because no one ever gives him a second glance. He’s always giving backasswards compliments towards Christian, idk how Christian defines him as a friend. In his vid, he was talking about how he doesn’t have athletes for his brand to promote it and blah blah blah.... you mean like Christians 528472 athletes? He’s so stubborn to do things his own way, but if he looks around, he’s got one of the best business people to take advice from. I despise Christian, but he’s smart AF and clearly “making it” .... maxx doesn’t take advantage of that at all, and instead just kinda downgrades him a lot. He better watch it, or that friendship isn’t gonna last much longer. I’m surprised Christian has put up with it this long.

Von_Haute
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Von_Haute »

I have a soft spot for Maxx, as he is exactly my "type": good looking but not too over the top, the kind of guy who understands he needs a personality and a sense of humor to attract people, not just rely on good looks. And we're polar opposites when it comes to personality, that attracts me a lot. However, he also seems the type of guy who will always blame something/someone else for every problem in his life, the type of immature type that doesn't self reflect on his mistakes and flaws. Just because he will use his sense of humour to bash someone else and get validation from his peers because they will laugh and agree with him because he's funny.

He'll probably mature when he's 40 something and probably after some therapy. But overall I think he's a nice guy who is just living on some sort of illusion.
Sorry for what I say when I'm hungry.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Man, his most recent video is just... bitter. I have no doubt now that Bucci rejected him and that's why he goes at her so hard.

Also think it's total horse shit that he's paying his two web site workers in "exposure." EF is clearly doing well enough where he could give them financial compensation and not even feel it.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

^ Yea I have no respect for him not paying them.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

spilledmytea wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:21 am
Man, his most recent video is just... bitter. I have no doubt now that Bucci rejected him and that's why he goes at her so hard.

Also think it's total horse shit that he's paying his two web site workers in "exposure." EF is clearly doing well enough where he could give them financial compensation and not even feel it.
Funny enough I just read an article about that last night: https://www.kqed.org/arts/13857471/arti ... duke-study
It's exploitation. No respect for that.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

In a former life, I was in a profession that relies heavily on unpaid interns. I understand that some internships really do help set you on a trajectory toward a stellar job in the industry, but most of the time, I think it's just cheap labor. And unfortunately, for quite a few people, unpaid internships are not economically feasible, because they don't have the resources to sustain themselves while clocking 30-40-50 hours a week at an unpaid job.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

spilledmytea wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm
In a former life, I was in a profession that relies heavily on unpaid interns. I understand that some internships really do help set you on a trajectory toward a stellar job in the industry, but most of the time, I think it's just cheap labor. And unfortunately, for quite a few people, unpaid internships are not economically feasible, because they don't have the resources to sustain themselves while clocking 30-40-50 hours a week at an unpaid job.
They can for sure give you good material for your resume, but most of the time it's big or small companies using free/cheap labor because it's a competitive enough industry they can get away with it and people will do it "for experience". As far as Maxx and EF.. I mean it's 2 20 year old kids. He could easily label it an "internship" and pay them an hourly wage/small lump sum. Maybe cut out the fancy cars and house or hell even bottle service and actually pay your employees.

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

He said he’s giving them exposure, but I’ve never heard him talk about them or their work? Has anyone else? I don’t follow him closely enough

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Bootyguru2 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:46 pm
He said he’s giving them exposure, but I’ve never heard him talk about them or their work? Has anyone else? I don’t follow him closely enough
Exactly. This was the first time he's ever mentioned them. I guess in theory he could mean that THEY can say they worked on the EF site, but let's be real, no one outside of the fitness industry knows what that even is.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

treelee wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:53 pm
spilledmytea wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm
They can for sure give you good material for your resume, but most of the time it's big or small companies using free/cheap labor because it's a competitive enough industry they can get away with it and people will do it "for experience". As far as Maxx and EF.. I mean it's 2 20 year old kids. He could easily label it an "internship" and pay them an hourly wage/small lump sum. Maybe cut out the fancy cars and house or hell even bottle service and actually pay your employees.
Yeah I think that's part of the issue for me. This isn't some lean operation that's really just trying to get things off the ground. He's obviously doing pretty well, so seeing how flagrant he is with some of his spending habits would rub me the wrong way if I were his unpaid "helpers."

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

He's on IG complaining (again) about people at the Alphalete gym using the deadlift bars for other things. Hey, Maxx, welcome to working out in a public gym.

I'd feel weird enough working out there with all of the constant filming that goes on, but Maxx pissing and moaning about stuff members do at this gym would make me feel even more out of place.

jf9621
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jf9621 »

bones123 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:59 pm
treelee wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm
Completely agree. He talks about "girls just have to show their butthole to make it..." every time he rants about the fitness industry and IG and honestly it's getting old. He never once talks about men and what they do to gain more followers. If a girl wants to show her ass, she can show her ass. She's a god damn adult.
It's funny how he criticizes the women who do those things, then turns around and gawks at and pursues the exact same type of women that he criticizes. It's men's behavior and response to that content that makes "showing your butt hole" an effective marketing strategy for women. Soooo maybe stop criticizing women for doing what works and stop being such a shallow idiot?? :roll:

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: The houses these guys live in are so boring looking. Spacious, yes. But the excessive space just accentuates how little any of these people know about interior design and the like. I know that's a snobby comment, but I see these houses and it's just like people who never grew up from a college aesthetic only now their living space is more expensive.

gurucrew
Talker
Talker

Post by gurucrew »

I've always thought about the space! You know they have it at a "comfortable" aka colder than necessary temperature, too. I've always assumed that Christian has a house cleaner and someone doing his laundry (despite having the machines) and I wonder if Maxx and Joe will do that too. I can't imagine they're regularly cleaning their homes, and Maxx and Joe have plenty of surfaces now with that new furniture. I know Maxx has always been clean, but hiring it out seems more consistent with their lifestyles.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Maybe it's because I'm not in my twenties anymore and subsequently value different things, but I just don't see the appeal of such a cavernous house that's void of any character. At least Maxx seems to understand the absurdity of how much unused space they've got. I get the sense that he'll get his own place when the lease is up, so he's probably not terribly pressed to go all out truly making that place his/Joe's own.

spilledmytea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by spilledmytea »

Maybe it's just me, but I hate sitting on deep couches. Nice for sleeping, but if I'm sitting down, which is why I mostly use my couch for, I don't want my legs sticking straight out like some little kid on the school bus.

Hashtag fitness
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hashtag fitness »

spilledmytea wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:55 pm
Maybe it's just me, but I hate sitting on deep couches. Nice for sleeping, but if I'm sitting down, which is why I mostly use my couch for, I don't want my legs sticking straight out like some little kid on the school bus.
1. [insert overdone small legs/#tEaMnOcAlVeS joke here]

2. Definitely agree with you

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”