Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

With the shots of his gf in the sun, I now realize why she looks so weird. I thought she didn’t wear makeup but it looks like she actually has foundation to cover up some acne but nothing else which is why her face looks so flat and “off.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm
With the shots of his gf in the sun, I now realize why she looks so weird. I thought she didn’t wear makeup but it looks like she actually has foundation to cover up some acne but nothing else which is why her face looks so flat and “off.”

I suspected that was the case with the kkfit twins. They have zero dimension to their face because they leave it all one tone of thick foundation. I mean I respect an actual no makeup look, but if you're going through the hassle of a whole layer of foundation (and arguably the makeup that is actually bad for your skin) why not take an extra 5 min to add some blush or bronzer and maybe mascara if you're feeling crazy. You'll look human again at least.

malloryxo
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by malloryxo »

Kind of random, but in Megan's new video she mentioned that she had to watch James Charles' video on .75 speed cause he talks too fast. Lmao, I had to watch it on 1.5 speed because I think he talks too slow at times, maybe that just really shows how slow Megan talks

Angelsrest8
Talker
Talker

Post by Angelsrest8 »

treelee wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 am
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

I suspected that was the case with the kkfit twins. They have zero dimension to their face because they leave it all one tone of thick foundation. I mean I respect an actual no makeup look, but if you're going through the hassle of a whole layer of foundation (and arguably the makeup that is actually bad for your skin) why not take an extra 5 min to add some blush or bronzer and maybe mascara if you're feeling crazy. You'll look human again at least.
I also hope that they did something besides eating... these eating-based relationships (hello Nate and Livia) are so sad lol

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

Ironic much? That girl is the living definition of living in denial.

UNEVENTFUL
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by UNEVENTFUL »

Is Megan's heinous tattoo the same one her ex had on his neck?

joyshan13
Informer
Informer

Post by joyshan13 »

emlamp10n wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Ironic much? That girl is the living definition of living in denial.

Does she seriously want everyone to look the other way and NOT call her out for binging every week? I get why her mom and Nate might let her do whatever she wants but I'm more than happy thinking for myself and deciding she is still under the shackles of her ED.

I also hate how she and Nick D push this line of "oh just because I do something doesn't mean YOU need to do it too but oh look at how often I do it and isn't shoveling 10 donuts SO much fun?" They're making $ off a following and should appreciate the impact they have.

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

she talks a lot about 'balance' for someone who eats only 500 or 10,000 calories a day, with no inbetween.
balance would be knowing when to keep eating when you have had too little, and knowing when to stop when you've overindulged.

it really is frustrating and worrisome to see how blind a lot of people are to the various forms of EDs; I've been struggling with them for so long and forget that others don't have the same kind of knowledge about EDs that I've accumulated over the years.
The fact that she, and a lot of her followers, don't see it is frightening.
Is she seeing a therapist? If she is, I hope that the therapist isn't blind to this and perpetuating the cycle.
These food challenge youtubers don't see the changes it's causing them because they have been living like this for awhile, and are used to it. However, I wonder if any of them look at themselves before 'cheatday culture' and compare it to their health now, and wonder if they really are any better or less obsessed with food than they were before....

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

jaenerys wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 am
she talks a lot about 'balance' for someone who eats only 500 or 10,000 calories a day, with no inbetween.
balance would be knowing when to keep eating when you have had too little, and knowing when to stop when you've overindulged.

it really is frustrating and worrisome to see how blind a lot of people are to the various forms of EDs; I've been struggling with them for so long and forget that others don't have the same kind of knowledge about EDs that I've accumulated over the years.
The fact that she, and a lot of her followers, don't see it is frightening.
Is she seeing a therapist? If she is, I hope that the therapist isn't blind to this and perpetuating the cycle.
These food challenge youtubers don't see the changes it's causing them because they have been living like this for awhile, and are used to it. However, I wonder if any of them look at themselves before 'cheatday culture' and compare it to their health now, and wonder if they really are any better or less obsessed with food than they were before....
:tu: livia is really getting annoying. she is completely delusional if she thinks this is recovery and that starving yourself monday-friday is normal. i really wish she would get off youtube and go get some freaking help. again, this isn't balance. this is the exact opposite of balance.

Pixels
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pixels »

^ 100% agree with you all

I really dislike the fact that she so clearly exhibits textbook behaviours of eating disorders but still wants to deny it and fly it under the banner of recovery for her audience and especially the % of them that are currently struggling with EDs. For a lot of people in the fitness bubble some things doesnt come across as disordered because its ~health~, but I still dont understand how so many people around her doesnt question her ways. I know that family, friends and fans wants to protect livia from everyone coming @ her but youre really just hurting her in the long run. Of course Livia herself doesnt want to lose the controlled ways of her eating - no one who is in the ED mindset wants anyone or anything to interfere with that.

I know people have different roads to recovery but she's not so physically and mentally unique that all the ed behaviours, patterns and all that stuff doesnt apply to her. It's not "what works for you", it's your new way of controlling your food intake and weight because you cant have it any other way because you still have an unhealthy disordered relationship to food. I dont think she could follow a typical food schedule/menu that you get from an ED clinic without feeling extremely bad (having things like "normal" cereal, yoghurts, white bread, butter, cheese, rice, pasta, meat, jam, juice etc in sizable portions throughout the day, every day).

maisie12
Learner
Learner

Post by maisie12 »

I think I've said this here before, but what makes me truly sad about Livia spouting the "It works for me!" line is that that doesn't equal "healthy behaviour". When I'm a deep depression, what works for me is eating chips, telling myself I don't have to shower, and closing myself off from people. It works to keep me trapped in my mental illness. Is it GOOD for me? Fuck no.

It also makes me sad that her mom is probably so happy that Livia's eating calories and so she doesn't see the big picture.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

maisie12 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am
"It works for me!" line
Oh, I love that one, it's such a pearl. A brown, turd shaped little pearl.

That binge/starve/workout cycle works for her like anorexia worked for her before that. It works for her how a bottle of vodka works for an alcoholic or how a line of coke works for a drug addict.

Not completely sure if she's just spouting that shit because she can't possibly fess up to the truth - that would obviously ruin her "fit girl :rofl: cheat day" YT shtick and cost her viewers and therefore money, or if someone could actually be that deeply in denial.

Post by Guest »

FoodGusher wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:44 pm
maisie12 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am
"It works for me!" line
Oh, I love that one, it's such a pearl. A brown, turd shaped little pearl.

That binge/starve/workout cycle works for her like anorexia worked for her before that. It works for her how a bottle of vodka works for an alcoholic or how a line of coke works for a drug addict.

Not completely sure if she's just spouting that shit because she can't possibly fess up to the truth - that would obviously ruin her "fit girl :rofl: cheat day" YT shtick and cost her viewers and therefore money, or if someone could actually be that deeply in denial.
Why not suppose she’s in the secret for both reasons? After all, she’s a “recovered anorexic” dating a YouTuber who’s equally as obsessed with maintaining a following and image as much she is. Probably more obsessed with the latter than Nate is, let’s be honest though. And from the looks of it, her body might be built to look a little more rectangular or “bulky” if she gains more weight, which she probably is deathly afraid of. Honestly I think more people woulda admire her if she spoke out about the truth and if she embraced it. She probably wouldn’t gain that much weight, if not any at all, if she started eating at least 2000 calories worth of balanced meals every day instead of 1000 calories every day except for one +10K day. Rob Marino already stopped doing cheat days, I really am hoping one of these bigger YouTubers does the same eventually.

Scarlet11
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Scarlet11 »

That idiot Nick is now promoting dry fasting, saying it's "good for the kidneys" and that drinking water every day "over stresses" them. I forget: when did he get his medical license? God, it's insane that anyone watching his videos would listen to his ridiculous nutrition advice and actually "experiment" with their bodies, as he always says he's doing.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Scarlet11 wrote:That idiot Nick is now promoting dry fasting, saying it's "good for the kidneys" and that drinking water every day "over stresses" them. I forget: when did he get his medical license? God, it's insane that anyone watching his videos would listen to his ridiculous nutrition advice and actually "experiment" with their bodies, as he always says he's doing.
What the actual fuck. Dehydration is HARD on the kidneys. This quack needs to shut up with his dangerous advice! Without water your kidneys can’t flush toxins like they’re supposed to. Keep that up and you will need a detox because your organs can’t do their job. Literally tons of reputable scientific sources will come up with pages saying dehydration is dangerous for kidneys if you google it.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

I just can’t believe how much harm this pea-brained idiot is causing. He has so many young and impressionable followers who look up to him and will literally do everything that he’s saying just in order to be like him.
Those poor souls are now gonna have to do an extended dry fast in order to “detox” their bodies and “give their organs a break”. Well, the only thing they’ll be doing is giving themselves nutrient deficiencies, dry skin, headaches and liver dysfunctions from being dehydrated.... great job Nick.

Post by Guest »

Scarlet11 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am
That idiot Nick is now promoting dry fasting, saying it's "good for the kidneys" and that drinking water every day "over stresses" them. I forget: when did he get his medical license? God, it's insane that anyone watching his videos would listen to his ridiculous nutrition advice and actually "experiment" with their bodies, as he always says he's doing.
I don't even want to watch that video, but I sure hope that people are calling him out for that. Even if he has a medical license, no one should be promoting dry fasting this way. You're not in a good place with your health if you constantly need to experiment with these restrictive diets. I understand if it's something like switch up macro ratios or trying out IF, but this is just blasphemy.
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:43 pm
Damn, giving up water is going to age his face even more than it already has in the last six months. He'll look like a 55 year old dad in no time! He looks like a 45 year old bachelor now.
He already looks like a dad to me. A dad of two specifically, meaning that he doesn't even look like that much of a young and new one. And I love how the fan art drew in his crow's feet because they are just that obvious. I almost feel bad for saying that he needed Botox in an early comment of mine, but I can't help being concerned about how quickly he's aged with these cheat days and fad diets.

good girl
Informer
Informer

Post by good girl »

Someone send in a tip to Layne Norton, Phd. Layne is a jackass but I really want to see him put Nick on blast. Lol

And yeah he use to be cute. I first found him in one of Nate's videos, it was I believe Nick's first ever cheat day. I thought he was cute. His looks went downhill so fast just like that.

babyphit
Learner
Learner

Post by babyphit »

I found it hilarious that during Livia's cheat day on Saturday she made an Instagram story post about how disappointed she was about the fact that she would have to wait 8-12 hours for her cheesecake to thaw before eating it. She said something along the lines of "8-12 hours? But I want it NOW" :rofl: Any other person would say "oh well, I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow to have a piece!" but Livia can't even fathom eating anything non-diet outside of Saturdays. I bet she probably tried to microwave it or throw it in the oven to make it thaw faster.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

babyphit wrote:I found it hilarious that during Livia's cheat day on Saturday she made an Instagram story post about how disappointed she was about the fact that she would have to wait 8-12 hours for her cheesecake to thaw before eating it. She said something along the lines of "8-12 hours? But I want it NOW" :rofl: Any other person would say "oh well, I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow to have a piece!" but Livia can't even fathom eating anything non-diet outside of Saturdays. I bet she probably tried to microwave it or throw it in the oven to make it thaw faster.
Right. Because we all know having a piece of cheesecake on Sunday instead of Saturday would be the end of the world.

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”