Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GraceIsn'tReallyFatUK - Busy writing thicc dissertations - Part 5

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

raspberet99 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 pm
Brown nosers in the Facebook group are vocalising their “shock” at people requesting to follow Grace’s boyfriend on IG. The same girl who called Grace out on all her launch bullshit and her condescending use of “babe” all the time is making more good points about her enjoying the attention of it all. I feel like inviting her here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha you totally should!

raspberet99
Talker
Talker

GraceIsn'tReallyFatUK - Busy writing thicc dissertations - Part 5

Post by raspberet99 »

VonTrappJediMaster wrote:
raspberet99 wrote:
Brown nosers in the Facebook group are vocalising their “shock” at people requesting to follow Grace’s boyfriend on IG. The same girl who called Grace out on all her launch bullshit and her condescending use of “babe” all the time is making more good points about her enjoying the attention of it all. I feel like inviting her here.

haha you totally should!
“Come to the dark side...”

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Thought I'd check out the Tala Facebook page to see reviews. https://www.facebook.com/pg/WE-ARE-TALA ... e_internal

Couple of negative ones. One girl complained about not hearing anything about her order and refund so Grace replies saying they've emailed her three times. Then in a later reply tells the girl it might have gone to spam or she might have typed it in wrong due to the speed. Few minutes later Grace replies saying the girl didn't input an email!

1) Why lie about sending 3 emails?
2) Why let someone place an order without giving an email (yes the girl did give a mobile number but still)
3) What a shitshow.

Anglesea_25
Learner
Learner

Post by Anglesea_25 »

raspberet99 wrote:
That Charlie girl dgaf lmao she has serious balls to say some of the things she comments. She can see past the facade because she's not up Grace's arse unlike the original poster...

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Anglesea_25 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm
raspberet99 wrote:
That Charlie girl dgaf lmao she has serious balls to say some of the things she comments. She can see past the facade because she's not up Grace's arse unlike the original poster...
How come they just don't kick out girls that aren't following the party line?

bekki_june
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bekki_june »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:19 pm
Spid wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:44 pm
Thought I'd check out the Tala Facebook page to see reviews. https://www.facebook.com/pg/WE-ARE-TALA ... e_internal

Couple of negative ones. One girl complained about not hearing anything about her order and refund so Grace replies saying they've emailed her three times. Then in a later reply tells the girl it might have gone to spam or she might have typed it in wrong due to the speed. Few minutes later Grace replies saying the girl didn't input an email!

2) Why let someone place an order without giving an email (yes the girl did give a mobile number but still)
3) What a shitshow.
Wow... that's so embarrassing. Much professional business woman. Shitshow indeed.
So I work for a government department doing social media, and honestly so much of how Tala and B_ND have handled their customer service via social networks is embarrassing and irresponsible. My department had a major project go horribly array a few years ago, and it messed up pay for a lot of public servants. To this day we’re still sorting that out. We get so many DMs and @s regarding people’s pay issues and in order to keep things fair, professional, and within standard messaging, every response goes through approval process with that programs team. Even for less serious questions directed at us regarding construction, bridge closures, etc. we have a set process and template for how we write responses and get them approved. This way you don’t get five users being told five different things. We also keep language super professional. Yes we care about you and we’ll be polite in the response, but you can do that without calling people babe and hun.

Frumious
Learner
Learner

Post by Frumious »

bekki_june wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Spid wrote:

3) What a shitshow.
Wow... that's so embarrassing. Much professional business woman. Shitshow indeed.
So I work for a government department doing social media, and honestly so much of how Tala and B_ND have handled their customer service via social networks is embarrassing and irresponsible. My department had a major project go horribly array a few years ago, and it messed up pay for a lot of public servants. To this day we’re still sorting that out. We get so many DMs and @s regarding people’s pay issues and in order to keep things fair, professional, and within standard messaging, every response goes through approval process with that programs team. Even for less serious questions directed at us regarding construction, bridge closures, etc. we have a set process and template for how we write responses and get them approved. This way you don’t get five users being told five different things. We also keep language super professional. Yes we care about you and we’ll be polite in the response, but you can do that without calling people babe and hun.
Couple things:
A) The Dunning-Kruger effect: Grez honestly believes she is Midas the Goddess and wanted to get away with this BS business venture without being held accountable for the shitshow. She really believes she's more intelligent than she truly is and anyone who doesn't see that is an idiot (I'm think of that feminism in meat or whatever lecture she attended a while back and how she made zero actual intellectual points afterwards).
B) Using "babe" and "hun" is so effing condescending that every time I see it written out in comments I want to bleach my eyes. It has this undertone of allowing a corridor into gaslighting and just has passive aggressive undertones of I'm about to stab you slowly but it's OK bc I used babe/hun.

Post by Guest »

months ago, i followed her bf on his private account and he accepted me

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

marshnellow wrote: months ago, i followed her bf on his private account and he accepted me Image

Oooh anything interesting on there? (I’m a nosy bitch I know)

littlechickpea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by littlechickpea »

Frumious wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 pm
bekki_june wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Spid wrote:

3) What a shitshow.
Couple things:
A) The Dunning-Kruger effect: Grez honestly believes she is Midas the Goddess and wanted to get away with this BS business venture without being held accountable for the shitshow. She really believes she's more intelligent than she truly is and anyone who doesn't see that is an idiot (I'm think of that feminism in meat or whatever lecture she attended a while back and how she made zero actual intellectual points afterwards).
B) Using "babe" and "hun" is so effing condescending that every time I see it written out in comments I want to bleach my eyes. It has this undertone of allowing a corridor into gaslighting and just has passive aggressive undertones of I'm about to stab you slowly but it's OK bc I used babe/hun.
Lolll I saw her at that lecture and she couldn't have looked more bored.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

did she get upset people were following her boyfriend or did her followers?
lmaooo

yolo123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by yolo123 »

Frumious wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 pm
bekki_june wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Spid wrote:

this! This is why people who think they're good at social media because they have a big social following shouldn't just be given social media management jobs. Managing for brands is way more different than doing your personal instagram.

queensharon
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by queensharon »

Pretty much sums up the tala launch ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imbadatusernames
Debater
Debater

Post by imbadatusernames »

queensharon wrote:Pretty much sums up the tala launch ....
I could not believe a brand would post this photo. It implies their customers shouldn't expect anything from them as a company, and should be appreciative of any help or products they receive.

I'm sorry, but if I put money into a company I expect the return on that money in the form of my product in a timely manner and appropriate customer service. And I've worked in the wedding industry as a teenager, so calling me babe or hun will not fly despite the fact I know I'm younger than whomever is responding to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anglesea_25
Learner
Learner

Post by Anglesea_25 »

Spid wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm
Anglesea_25 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm
raspberet99 wrote:
How come they just don't kick out girls that aren't following the party line?
They do, but usually only if Grace herself wades into the argument or if someone is needlessly being rude

imbadatusernames
Debater
Debater

Post by imbadatusernames »

They really need to find consistency as customer service so girls aren't left wondering what is happening or mixing messages with each other. What a sad experience to have money just missing not sure what is happening with your package.Image

bekki_june
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bekki_june »

imbadatusernames wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:08 am
queensharon wrote:Pretty much sums up the tala launch ....
I could not believe a brand would post this photo. It implies their customers shouldn't expect anything from them as a company, and should be appreciative of any help or products they receive.

I'm sorry, but if I put money into a company I expect the return on that money in the form of my product in a timely manner and appropriate customer service. And I've worked in the wedding industry as a teenager, so calling me babe or hun will not fly despite the fact I know I'm younger than whomever is responding to me.

I would love to be on the employee side of this whole debacle to witness how they’re operating. Between the customer service screw ups, and an obvious lack of proper social media management (did no one take a second look at that, discuss possible contexts??) it’s obviously a poorly set up system behind the scenes.

f_fitness
Talker
Talker

Post by f_fitness »

I can't stand her retweeting people calling her self made. There is no way this woman is self made.

She was born into an echelon of society that the majority of her audience aren't even aware of- familial wealth is valuable in many ways. She went to an esteemed private school, and boarding school, touching shoulders with even more of the country's elite.

She had the opportunity to get into fitness at a relatively young age, particularly lucky as her school had gym facilities and, unlike many of her working class peers, she had the time to spend on fitness and making fancy recipes, rather than working in McDonald's. Countless Lululemon leggings, which I'm sure added to her follow count, I doubt she would've been recognised if she was dressed in mismatching primark gym wear.

She continuously goes on about how her parents didn't pay for her uni tuition, but neglects to mention that a single year of private school is more than her entire 3 years at Oxford. Equally, she benefits from her parents being able to pay for her very easily, so she always has a safety net that allows her to take 'risks' within her businesses because she will never fail to the standards most of us hold.

I don't think anything shows her privilege more than the way she neglects her degree at Oxford. She got in on relatively bad grades, and continues to do little work, because she knows regardless of her degree, she will be set for life. Her upbringing, inherited wealth, and 'earned' wealth through social media means she could get a third and still coast by. Meanwhile her WC peers will struggle even with a degree from Oxford (one that took A*A*A* to attain, not AAB)

People follow her for similar reasons that they watch shows like Made in Chelsea, she provides a form of escapism. She would not have the following she does if she was working class and spent her youth growing up in Hackney and working retail. Given that her 'businesses' are derived from her following, I don't think she has any weight in suggesting she's self made.

Upper middle class kids love pretending their business ventures are a product of entrepreneurism, and neglect the privileges they've had throughout their lives that allowed them to have such a life.

Soz for the rant, but didn't Grace used to say she recognised her privilege? It seems she's done a 180 recently, she's more insufferable than ever.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Don't they sell matching gym wear at Primark?

Entry requirements for music at Oxford is AAA so it's reasonable to think the rest of her application was good enough to get in with AAB

Post by Guest »

Spid wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:45 am
Don't they sell matching gym wear at Primark?

Entry requirements for music at Oxford is AAA so it's reasonable to think the rest of her application was good enough to get in with AAB
Maybe at some Unis but not Oxford. AAA is usually the minimum let alone AAB

Return to “GraceFitUK - Archived Threads”