HorMOANal Lily: Pregger-Beggar Continues (Part 10)

MucaCopatarica
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HorMOANal Lily: Pregger-Beggar Continues (Part 10)

Post by MucaCopatarica »

I'm sure the doctors & midwives knew what they were doing. No c-section is given after 17 hours of labour without a good reason. The baby was probably in distress and needed to come out. I honestly don't understand what this obsession with natural birth - everyone's objective should be a healthy baby and a healthy mom (also not traumatised if possible).

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

I'm prob one of the people on this thread that hates Lily the most but damn that does not sound good.

-17 hrs is a long time to go completely unmedicated (altho women have done longer, but it's still a long time)
-4 of those hours, I'm assuming, were pushing... Pushing can feel like a relief but 4 hours of it seems exhausting
-If it were me, I would just feel so frustrated at that point that now I had to go have major surgery bc baby position is not gonna work (her baby was also on heavier side)
-Then, again, major surgery. It is MAJOR abdominal surgery. I always wonder at people who want c-sections electively vs vaginal, bc recovery is longer and harder. Eh I guess to each their own.

Long and short, that sounds like the opposite of any delivery that any mom would want. Do I still dislike Lily? Oh hell yes. Do I think she will continue to moan? Oh hellllll yes. But I agree that delivery was more intense than just her moaning.
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

When I saw Greys pic on IG I actually thought she was a C-section baby. Since c-section babies don’t squeeze through the vaginal canal, their heads are rounder and their flesh is pinkier. Overall they look healthier/less traumatized.

I had a csection after 27 hrs labour + pushing (but had twins to make things more complex) and all the other mums in the ward commented how my daughters looked ‘better’ if that makes sense. On the other hand, a C section is the worst. Whereas all the mums were on the go after a few hours, I felt crippled like a 90yr old woman for weeks.

Hope she won’t used it as an excuse and not breastfeed her child.

NoelleM
Debater
Debater

Post by NoelleM »

gretucci wrote:
GeorgeePorgee wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 am
GeorgeePorgee wrote:My money's on 'emergency' (too lazy to keep pushing) c-section.
It's called 'labour' for a reason. Just knew she wouldn't be able to hack it. Took the easy way out....like flogging stuff online instead of working.
Um what, easy way out? A c-section after 4 hours and with a back-to-back baby? Not a Lily defender, far from it, but you make no sense

A c-section is not an easy way out
Agree, don’t shame women about birth, they grew a baby and delivered it one way or another. Pushing a baby out is hard work (even in quick delivery, let alone 12+hours), but a C-section is a SURGERY, and not really an easy one.

It really sounds like she tried to deliver her vaginally though, and 90% of the time doctors make the call, it’s very likely the baby was struggling, so i wouldn’t really call that an easy way out.

Again, shaming other women about how the delivered is not okay, even if you have kids and especially if you don’t. A big no-no.

Pinkii
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkii »

i agree, in no way is a C section the easy way out, the recovery alone is more horrific than a natural labour.

I wouldnt wish a hard delivery on anyone.

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lavieenrose »

Maybe she is counting early labour as well, labour is long esp if you include early labour which is where you know things are getting started but still are not "actively in labour". Either way 4 hours of pushing, kuddos to her. Baby is cute. Not a fan of the name either, as many have said Luna Grey just rolls off the tongue better, even when I try to remember the name I say it the other way around. Hope they go by Luna for her sake.

Couldn't help but think her post about Rich being a hero involved him possibly pushing the baby out for her :rofl:

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Louisa wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:27 am
When I saw Greys pic on IG I actually thought she was a C-section baby. Since c-section babies don’t squeeze through the vaginal canal, their heads are rounder and their flesh is pinkier. Overall they look healthier/less traumatized.

I had a csection after 27 hrs labour + pushing (but had twins to make things more complex) and all the other mums in the ward commented how my daughters looked ‘better’ if that makes sense. On the other hand, a C section is the worst. Whereas all the mums were on the go after a few hours, I felt crippled like a 90yr old woman for weeks.

Why does it matter if she breastfeeds or not?

Post by Guest »

Emmy25 wrote:
Louisa wrote:

Exactly! We shouldn’t shame women for a c-section nor should we shame anyone who chooses not to breastfeed.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

I know she is moany negative and all sorts of dramatic. But come on guys. 17 hours of labor and a c-section.. anyone in that situation would moan... I don't know I just can't hate on her for that..

Envoyé de mon SM-G570F en utilisant Tapatalk

:love2:

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

Emmy25 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am
Louisa wrote:

It doesn’t matter to me, but it will to Lily and her child. I know it’s such a sensitive subject but the benefits are so many it is worth the “sacrifice”. Nutrition,bonding, the mother’s self-esteem, helps the uterus to go back in shape quicker, lowers risk of breast cancer etc.
Often mums who have a c section are often ‘excused’ from breastfeeding because they’re healing from a serious medical procedure ...I was lucky enough to have midwives and doctors around me who kindly ‘pushed’ me (without pressuring me) to breastfeed although I was in severe pain. Prob if I didn’t have that I would have listened friends and family who would just say all the time “take it easy, you need to rest”.

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

lemonbitter wrote:
Emmy25 wrote:
Louisa wrote: When I saw Greys pic on IG I actually thought she was a C-section baby. Since c-section babies don’t squeeze through the vaginal canal, their heads are rounder and their flesh is pinkier. Overall they look healthier/less traumatized.

Exactly! We shouldn’t shame women for a c-section nor should we shame anyone who chooses not to breastfeed.
I don’t think I’ve shamed anyone...i just said a c section it’s not an excuse not to breastfeed ...as it is doable.

Tbh I don’t understand why you feel ok questioning/making fun of her on every other thing about her life...but when it comes down to things like breastfeeding people get all upset.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Louisa wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 am
Emmy25 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am
Louisa wrote:

It doesn’t matter to me, but it will to Lily and her child. I know it’s such a sensitive subject but the benefits are so many it is worth the “sacrifice”. Nutrition,bonding, the mother’s self-esteem, helps the uterus to go back in shape quicker, lowers risk of breast cancer etc.
Often mums who have a c section are often ‘excused’ from breastfeeding because they’re healing from a serious medical procedure ...I was lucky enough to have midwives and doctors around me who kindly ‘pushed’ me (without pressuring me) to breastfeed although I was in severe pain. Prob if I didn’t have that I would have listened friends and family who would just say all the time “take it easy, you need to rest”.
Yes, I know the benefits of breastfeeding but a lot of women can't, struggle or just plain don't want to. There are many things to criticize Lily for but It's just one thing that I don't think any woman should be judged on.

em-snow
Informer
Informer

Post by em-snow »

4 hours?

Not sure I buy that, every hospital is different of course but in mine you aren’t allowed to push for more than one hour without intervention.

Four hours seems dangerous.

Also don’t like the c-section shame but also don’t agree that it’s harder recovery, my c-section recovery was a walk in the park compared to my fourth degree tear recovery. Rather do c-section any day of the week.

Louisa
Learner
Learner

Post by Louisa »

[/quote]

Yes, I know the benefits of breastfeeding but a lot of women can't, struggle or just plain don't want to. There are many things to criticize Lily for but It's just one thing that I don't think any woman should be judged on.
[/quote]

I don’t want to get into any kind of breastfeeding dispute as I don’t think it’s the right place to, many dedicated forums out there to do so.

Could you though explain me why it is ok to judge and ridicule someone on their appearance, carrier, attitude towards life but at the same time it is NOT to question someone’s choice to breastfeed or not? Surely it is a much more impactful and important subject than making fun of someone teeth because they look like a donkey.

Just wondering ...

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater

Post by imtakinga_bath »

em-snow wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:20 am
4 hours?

Not sure I buy that, every hospital is different of course but in mine you aren’t allowed to push for more than one hour without intervention.

Also don’t like the c-section shame but also don’t agree that it’s harder recovery, my c-section recovery was a walk in the park compared to my fourth degree tear recovery. Rather do c-section any day of the week.
I did wonder about this, I didn't think anyone was usually allowed to push for more than 2 hours...

However, I think a lot of people on here are being needlessly harsh on Lily for the sake of it - 17 hours of labour, with multiple hours of pushing and back-to-back baby, followed by an unplanned C section, doesn't sound like a labour that anyone would wish for, and Lily even said it was overall a positive experience! So I really don't think she's been particularly negative all things considered.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Who would lie about how many hours she had to push?? some comments in here are just negative for the sake of being negative. And yes considering what she has been through she said it was a positive experience so let's chill out ya'all!
I can not believe that I'm defending Lilly lol. It's the end of the world!
:love2:

em-snow
Informer
Informer

Post by em-snow »

lolita_blah wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 am
Who would lie about how many hours she had to push?? some comments in here are just negative for the sake of being negative. And yes considering what she has been through she said it was a positive experience so let's chill out ya'all!
I can not believe that I'm defending Lilly lol. It's the end of the world!
Who’s being negative, I spoke an opinion (not negative) and then followed it with a fact (again not negative) lots of people lies about lots of things how would I ever know the reasons why BUT I didn’t say she was lying did I? You did. I just said I wasn’t so sure on that based on my knowledge of labour and delivery.

You’re the only one being negative twisting my words and putting your own negative spin on them.

em-snow
Informer
Informer

Post by em-snow »

imtakinga_bath wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:40 am
em-snow wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:20 am
4 hours?

I did wonder about this, I didn't think anyone was usually allowed to push for more than 2 hours...

However, I think a lot of people on here are being needlessly harsh on Lily for the sake of it - 17 hours of labour, with multiple hours of pushing and back-to-back baby, followed by an unplanned C section, doesn't sound like a labour that anyone would wish for, and Lily even said it was overall a positive experience! So I really don't think she's been particularly negative all things considered.
No me neither, in my hospital it’s an hour then they chat about ventouse and forceps etc, that’s legit all I was saying not being negative like other posters have suggested not did I say she lied ffs 😂 I was just pointing out that’s really a dangerous length of time and really her caregivers shouldn’t of allowed it at all.

I’ve got no opinions either way on her birth none of my cheese and bogeys as my eldest would say lol! I haven’t commented on it only commented to say all births are hard. It’s called labour for a reason there’s no easy way out lol.

Though that name 😂 god I just really don’t like it, Luna however is cute!

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Louisa wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 am
[/quote]

I don’t want to get into any kind of breastfeeding dispute as I don’t think it’s the right place to, many dedicated forums out there to do so.

Could you though explain me why it is ok to judge and ridicule someone on their appearance, carrier, attitude towards life but at the same time it is NOT to question someone’s choice to breastfeed or not? Surely it is a much more impactful and important subject than making fun of someone teeth because they look like a donkey.

Just wondering ...
[/quote]

I personally don't comment on the features people were born with but yeah her attitude is fair game because she is choosing to put her life out there. I believe every woman has a choice to breastfeed and no one is a better or worse parent if they can/ can't/ don't want to. If you feel proud that you were able to and chose to then good for you. Like you said, there are many dedicated forums for people to discuss their abilities and choices about this.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

So just to know from the start, is that a banned topic- If she choses to feed her baby human or cow milk?

I think we all know it's just a matter of days before she announces 'I tried breastfeeding but wasn't producing enough milk, so had to top up with formula'

What if it's free sponsored cow milk?

Is it only topics that make other women feel guilt/shame that are off limits to discuss?

Return to “Lily Pebbles”