Grant's stepford wife: Leighannsays Part 7

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Re: Grant's stepford wife: Leighannsays Part 7

Post by StuckInThe90s »

rose1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 pm
I definitely agree with everything everyone has already said. The "infertility" content is insensitive and dramatic.

Just wanted to add that at one point in my PCOS journey, I tried a new supplement that alleviated a lot of symptoms but ended up giving me HORRIBLE mood swings, similar to Leighann's birth control experience. I was crying ALL the time. It absolutely felt like someone else had taken over my body. And yet my boyfriend was so understanding, and did everything he could to comfort me or try to alleviate my anxiety. He listened, held me when I cried, and told me what I needed to hear to reassure me that everything would be okay.

Like another person said, I get the impression that Grant made Leighann feel like shit for being emotional, anxious, depressed etc., given all the clues we've gotten about that already. The more I see or hear of his behavior the more I believe he's a shitty partner. I have to wonder if the little jabs she makes at him, such as that tweet about his credit score, are just in response to how he treats her or how often they fight. I know a lot of assumptions are being made here, but god I just really don't like these two together. I've got plenty of issues with Leighann, but I'm so goddamn sick of seeing this behavior from men like him. Imagine being afraid to cry in front of your husband! Why do I have a feeling he won't be changing any diapers? lol
Agreed. I get a really bad vibe from their dynamic. He seems like a manipulative POS.

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

I don’t think either of them will be a good parent.

I wonder if they are just thinking about children because it’s what you’re “supposed” to do. They are fairly traditional.

WittyLadybug113
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WittyLadybug113 »

JamHands9 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 am

I wonder if they are just thinking about children because it’s what you’re “supposed” to do. They are fairly traditional.
I completely agree. I can see them getting a nanny even though LeighAnn isn’t working. The whole marriage, house and now potential baby is because it’s what they’re “supposed” to do. 😒

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

WittyLadybug113 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 pm
JamHands9 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 am

I completely agree. I can see them getting a nanny even though LeighAnn isn’t working. The whole marriage, house and now potential baby is because it’s what they’re “supposed” to do. 😒
I agree. I think Leighann rushed into a marriage to keep up with her sisters and Grant found himself a trophy wife, plus it often looks good for men in more professional careers to have a wife and family.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Obviously they’ll need a nanny. Who else will take care of the baby while Leighann’s fake tan is setting for 4 hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jMC125
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by jMC125 »

Who else will take care of the baby while the infant is awake, you mean lol

Apollo2016
Learner
Learner

Post by Apollo2016 »

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my previous post. It is interesting hearing about how healthcare is dealt with in the US and just by different doctors.

I get the impression Grant is used to hearing about her health issues. I have an autoimmune disease and although my husband is lovely I think he could come across as not caring just because he deals with it everyday. It gets old real quick. And then he is a doctor. Nurses and doctors don't ever come across as sympathetic, I suppose when you are telling people they are dying and seeing some horrific stuff day in and day out irregular periods and feeling hormonal is a non-issue.

silentlyscreaming
Debater
Debater

Post by silentlyscreaming »

Ooooooh boy. In her new vlog when she was showing off her outfit in the mirror and says "I just got told my outfit isn't very weather appropriate" with SO MUCH snark. Girl, we heard what he said to you... he said to you "cute outfit, but it's a bit chilly outside". I can't tell who I dislike more in this relationship, but I think it is going to be Leighann who takes the cake. That scene alone is the perfect example of how much she exaggerates shit.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

She does exaggerate a lot, she describes in the car at one point her pcos update video and says "all the problems I had" with this that and the other. Not trying to play down her situation or anything but those "problems" were annoying to her and all but she made it sound like she went through a lot in that description when she hadn't really she just doesn't tolerate hormonal birth control, and tried a supplement.

jessicamelgar3
Learner
Learner

Post by jessicamelgar3 »

In this weekend's vlog, the part where they're sitting outside DQ and trying the food, there's a part where an argument would've happened if she hadn't been filming.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

jessicamelgar3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 am
In this weekend's vlog, the part where they're sitting outside DQ and trying the food, there's a part where an argument would've happened if she hadn't been filming.

"You tried it WITHOUT ranch???" 😂

koalah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by koalah »

Yuck. She's one of those people that wears their seatbelts under their arm i.e. the wrong damned way.

bananafanafo
Learner
Learner

Post by bananafanafo »

jessicamelgar3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 am

Yeah...that was awkward to watch. I don't know why she elects to keep some of these tense(ish) portions in her vlogs. Maybe Grant reacted the way he did since they still had the long drive up north, possibly with him having to work the next day. I'm assuming he was wanting to eat and get out asap without vlogging their meal.

And now I want DQ. Thanks, Leighann.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

I know life isn't fair because Leighann's mother has cooked like that her whole life yet Leighann weighs 94 lbs 😆

I also wish Georgetta was MY friend, she's the coolest

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

ColdOne wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 am
I know life isn't fair because Leighann's mother has cooked like that her whole life yet Leighann weighs 94 lbs 😆

I was thinking the same thing.
Her mother definitely does southern style cooking with dessert for every meal. Even for her own Mother’s Day!

rose1
Debater
Debater

Post by rose1 »

JamHands9 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am
ColdOne wrote:

Her mother definitely does southern style cooking with dessert for every meal. Even for her own Mother’s Day!
No one else could cook something, especially on Mother's Day?! :( I get the impression she loves to cook but c'mon.

Also, I still can't believe Leighann didn't know that Dairy Queen exists outside of Texas... my god

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

did she really admit that she shops when she's sad/anxious?

That was a whole lot of stuff. She must be really sad.
That Girl!

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

rose1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 pm
JamHands9 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:02 am
ColdOne wrote:

No one else could cook something, especially on Mother's Day?! :( I get the impression she loves to cook but c'mon.

Also, I still can't believe Leighann didn't know that Dairy Queen exists outside of Texas... my god
I was shocked too, she's been outside of Texas, has she not noticed the dairy Queens elsewhere? My mom also cooks for mother's day but she likes planning stuff like that/ she and my dad go out to eat all the time. With as much junk as leighann eats I wonder if she just doesn't eat much. I was also shocked when she said one of the pairs of jeans were a size too big, they looked like they fit to me, didn't notice a difference between her normal size and the size up.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

the size up looked like normal pants instead of the usual painted on fit she goes for.
That Girl!

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

smarlo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:28 am
did she really admit that she shops when she's sad/anxious?

That was a whole lot of stuff. She must be really sad.
I noticed that too. Obviously she held back the reasons why it was a busy week that has her run down after visiting home all weekend. We all noticed how excited she was for vlogging in Houston, it was one of her least boring vlogs in a long time. She may have kept too close an eye on the beauty drama this week, cause it is sad/ people are ruthless about it. I think she's extremely home sick, and feels stuck in her current life. But we all see that too. Marriage is hard, especially if you move away from friends and family. But to get through that, you need to embrace your new city, and sadly it still doesn't seem like she has. As much as her baby antics and lack of independence irritate me, I hope she addresses the root of how she's feeling and works through it.

Return to “leighannsays”