Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Re: Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Post by Guest »

buzzinnn wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:03 am
Her ads on Gals on the Go sound so plagiarized. As if she’s reading it off from somewhere. She can’t come up with her own thoughts? Must be nice to read off the computer and get paid. Brooke keeps talking about having a ~Social life~ In LI, but we all know that she just hangs out with her mom. Her snapchat has been so dead since she moved home. I see why she was going all out her last weeks in Athens, because she knew she had no life after college.
They are reading off something for the ads. They don’t write them.

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

ihateytgurus wrote:
buzzinnn wrote: Her ads on Gals on the Go sound so plagiarized. As if she’s reading it off from somewhere. She can’t come up with her own thoughts? Must be nice to read off the computer and get paid. Brooke keeps talking about having a ~Social life~ In LI, but we all know that she just hangs out with her mom. Her snapchat has been so dead since she moved home. I see why she was going all out her last weeks in Athens, because she knew she had no life after college.
They are reading off something for the ads. They don’t write them.
That's usually how ads on podcasts are. Video ads are different because the sponsor gives the youtuber creative freedom to work the ad into the video the way they want, and they can actually contribute their own opinions. It's not "plagiarized," that's how the sponsor wants to be portrayed in the podcast. We can't see Danielle's emotion or facial expressions through audio so that's how they do it. I think it's supposed to be a quick to-the-point break in dialogue.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

Seaside22 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm
nw22 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:53 pm
emeraldgirrl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:48 pm
Image what Dote did at Coachella and with the whole Morgan situation was 100% shitty (tbh I've always thought they were scammy ever since Gretchen and Tasha got that internship) but the comments on this tweet have me dying. Sorry y'all love single-use containers for your starbucks/mcdonalds and fast fashion, no one is free from criticism.
I'm out of the loop! what did dote do at coachella/ morgan?
She talked about it in a Q&A with kenzie a while ago. Basically Dote wanted them to hit follower counts on their app for them to qualify for certain trips. Morgan went off on how she doesn’t give free advertising and how dare they ask them to talk about Dote constantly for potentially nothing in return. She said her and a few others from that group reached out to Dote about how influencer marketing/advertising works, trying to be nice because Dote was so new, and Dote basically just moved onto another group of girls. She also talked about how a bunch of stuff she ordered with her $1000 credit never arrived because the app wasn’t sending the purchase info to the store. Brooke Miccio also said the same about all of orders getting messed. Just basically sounds like Dote is a hot mess of a company. Their new Instagram ad campaign “we are dote” or whatever is one of the worst attempts at saving face ever. Let’s add diversity by finally showing this pics of WOC and plus size girls that we took months ago...
morgan also said that dote would mess with different influencers' follower counts and constantly change the amount of followers required to qualify for trips. she said that basically overnight some people would jump massive amounts in followers on the app and others wouldn't, then influencers would be told they'd have to get more followers to qualify for trips. morgan reached the follower count for last year's coachella, but she said that influencers who go on trips are usually also paid for going, which dote didn't do. she did a brand deal at coachella while on the dote trip and she and her management received backlash for that. when the fiji trip was announced, morgan and a few others decided to stop working with dote because they knew it would be impossible for them to get more followers on the app than they already had on youtube/instagram/twitter. when the fiji trip happened, olivia vargus who had been promoting them the whole time never reached the follower goal and she wasn't able to go even though she had been promoting them a ton for free the whole time, which everyone thought was unfair, especially when olivia jade was invited to the trip despite never promoting the app beforehand. they all thought the whole thing was messed up and have been shading dote online since.

this year at coachella (and last summer on that fiji trip) a lot of women of color, particularly black influencers, have spoken up about being treated differently/excluded on these trips. kianna naomi posted about her experience in fiji being mistreated by the company (given different accommodations, not being photographed, having illness ignored, photographers referring to her and another black influencer as just "black girls" and not by their names), and when she spoke with the company they didn't really listen, and ultimately removed her from their pr lists and social media posts. then this year at coachella, the same type of stuff happened to a bunch of other women of color. they had a whole house for all the dote girls, and the white girls on the trip got separate bedrooms with huge beds and all the women of color were put together in one room and had to sleep on couches. several of them spoke out about being excluded, which led to the "this is what dote looks like" campaign where they're trying hard to make their company look diverse.

imo, brooke only hates dote because of the first issue, and if they never dropped her, i don't think she'd be saying anything about the second issue like she is now.

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

Brooke only started to bring it up, because Morgan did. Morgan wants everything free. That trip that she is in right now I bet she reached out to them. Wasn't she working with EFB last summer now she's with another company. Then she admits on her vlog that she reached out to companies for free items. She was bitching one day how Dote didn't give her a chance for a promised shopping spree then started trashing the company. BITCH nobody has to give you nothing free. Get off your couch and work for it. Get a real job, you're 24 had no guy encounter before and is gaining weight by the minute. Instead go beg a fitnesss company for a gym membership.

Hoe4Christmas
Informer
Informer

Post by Hoe4Christmas »

i had danielle’s new get ready with me playing out loud on my computer and my mom legit said “omg who is that idiot? i hope that isn’t one of your friends. what does being at one with the waves even mean?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “Danielle Marie Carolan”