ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

lunaluvgood
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by lunaluvgood »

It could just be because she's blonde and so tan, but I noticed in that photo and a few others that her arms looks really furry, compared to around July/August last year when she was a healthy weight.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

majaxxxx wrote:Holy shit, someone on her IG said she is 22. Well ... this is what starvation and excessive tanning does to you.
Sweet Jesus! How is that possible?! She looks like she’s 50!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwahahahaew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mwahahahaew »

she used to look so much healthier before - now she looks like a veiny, leather couch with fake boobs

guruanne86
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by guruanne86 »

These are from. Only 2 years ago!! She looks sooo much healthier (still tiny, but definitely not in the leather couch, shriveled up way she does now)... Plus her hair line seems to be receding/looks super unhealthy in comparison 😳

mwahahahaew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mwahahahaew »

woah..this was her not even a year ago

Post by Guest »

I joined the forum to comment on Christie! So hello, everyone

I want to start with saying that she blocked me on Instagram when I commented "take care of yourself, girl. Try not to spiral back". She obviously relapsed. She is extremely bony and it's painful to watch, from video to video she is getting smaller and smaller. I remember her saying that her ED started because she wanted to look like Miranda Kerr. She is one of the rare types that have their EDs not because of traumas but out of pure vanity. She comes across as very self-centered and self-obsessed and to be honest (although I don't want to sound like a bitch) I am snacking on my popcorn waiting to see what will happen to her. I bet she'll "take time off youtube" v soon.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

FlatWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:13 am
I joined the forum to comment on Christie! So hello, everyone

I want to start with saying that she blocked me on Instagram when I commented "take care of yourself, girl. Try not to spiral back". She obviously relapsed. She is extremely bony and it's painful to watch, from video to video she is getting smaller and smaller. I remember her saying that her ED started because she wanted to look like Miranda Kerr. She is one of the rare types that have their EDs not because of traumas but out of pure vanity. She comes across as very self-centered and self-obsessed and to be honest (although I don't want to sound like a bitch) I am snacking on my popcorn waiting to see what will happen to her. I bet she'll "take time off youtube" v soon.
Meh I don't buy it. That's just a good headline for the articles and an easy out for her. Most (I'd go so far as to reckon all) people who think their ED is all about vanity just haven't really done the right work to figure out the underlying issue. If it were about vanity she'd realize how horrible she looks. Also she "recovered" at first eating a raw til 4/ 80/10/10 diet, so she clearly had some control/orthorexic issues around found. Once she stopped that she started to look better, but obviously that didn't last long. She clearly loves the spotlight though, as she whored out her disorder for the media. Wouldn't be surprised if her relapse is tied into looking for more attention. She wouldn't be the first disordered person to relapse just to get said attention and care that comes with being uber sick.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

Does anyone else follow Better Being Steph on IG?

mwahahahaew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mwahahahaew »

macro friendly wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 pm
yes, i've been watching her stories for a while now and idk how she makes me feel....

littlegarose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlegarose »

There is a guy I just started following. His channel is SmokeySteveAndMarc

This was the first vid I saw of his and it was probably the best I've seen:

Him and his BF do daily vids/and vlogs. It's not all about recovery/EDs.

babysnowflake
Learner
Learner

Post by babysnowflake »

Saw this comment on Christie swadlings Instagram. She is shilling some cleanse supplements now I guess. This person really said it all and very eloquently. Hope she reads this and takes it to heart.Image

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

Damn that is SUCH a well-written and true response. I hope she reads it and actually absorbs the words written rather than passing it off as 'hate' or 'trolling'.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

mwahahahaew wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:43 am
macro friendly wrote:
yes, i've been watching her stories for a while now and idk how she makes me feel....
She just seems to be in this perpetual cycle of saying she's doing really well and then saying she's not doing well. You can tell she still has major issues with food/body image and the gym (she has still been going to the gym to do LISS even though she's sick). She also seems to share absolutely everything on her IG which could probably be triggering to some people.
Honestly she would do so well to just gtfo social media, take a break from the gym, stop cooking snacks that only contain protein powder/egg whites/almond meal and go live life.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

macro friendly wrote:
mwahahahaew wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:43 am
macro friendly wrote:
She just seems to be in this perpetual cycle of saying she's doing really well and then saying she's not doing well. You can tell she still has major issues with food/body image and the gym (she has still been going to the gym to do LISS even though she's sick). She also seems to share absolutely everything on her IG which could probably be triggering to some people.
Honestly she would do so well to just gtfo social media, take a break from the gym, stop cooking snacks that only contain protein powder/egg whites/almond meal and go live life.
Yeah, she’s a giant nope for me. I went to check her out when she was brought up and her stories were her freaking out that she hadn’t been able to train for a couple days because of sickness. And she was doing cardio anyways. Uhhhh disordered much? The weird protein concoctions are a giant red flag as well. Accounts like hers really aren’t helping anyone.

Victoria7571
Learner
Learner

Post by Victoria7571 »

Same! Also, can't decide if I'm jealous of the fact that she goes to bed at 8:30pm every night or not! :?:

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

a youtuber i am worried about right now is Holly Gabrielle, her eating habits are so regimented and seriously lacking in the fats her body needs too, especially for someone with a history of restrictive eating. As someone who's struggled with anorexia and was also an archetypal perfectionist at school/university, i can see clear traits in her that i know aren't conducive to good mental health. Any thoughts?

Post by Guest »

sah6994 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:29 am
a youtuber i am worried about right now is Holly Gabrielle, her eating habits are so regimented and seriously lacking in the fats her body needs too, especially for someone with a history of restrictive eating. As someone who's struggled with anorexia and was also an archetypal perfectionist at school/university, i can see clear traits in her that i know aren't conducive to good mental health. Any thoughts?

Imo she never really recovered. She is a copy of Merry Rose - high pressure at uni + high-achievers, eating VERY clean, bulking meals with veggies etc. They are in a similar situation, their habits are very similar as well and to me, this is a quasi-recovery as heck.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

This popped up in my suggestion box and it pretty much sums up how I feel about recovery vloggers.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

treelee wrote:This popped up in my suggestion box and it pretty much sums up how I feel about recovery vloggers.
I agree with the points that she makes. There’s just something wrong imo with recovery you tubers making 1000 what I eat in a day videos. It just doesn’t sit right with me.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

OMG! The girl that used to be on Nickelodeon!! I love this!

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”