Been thanked: 0

Re: Colleen "Yaaay I'm not pregnant anymore" Mommager Part 6

Post by LexiRae »

ghostmytoaster wrote:
Kristenberry wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:35 pm
phantomess wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:07 pm
Am I the only one bothered by Jessica and Chris having another baby? It wouldn't bother me so much if they were a normal family, just living life without YouTube, but at this point, I feel like their kids are 100% their moneymakers and the only reason they want to keep popping them out is to ensure content.
I'm not necessarily saying that there's anything wrong with having a lot of kids. I definitely don't relate to that ambition. I have one and that's pretty great to me. I don't have whatever it is that drives people to have so many but Jess gives me a weird vibe about it. I think it's odd that she started trying so quickly after Duncan. What on earth is the urgency about having 5 kids? Sorry but I don't understand. I feel compassion for her fertility struggle but I can see why people who seriously can't have kids might take offense to a soon to be mother of 5 talking about infertility. Her experience is valid but she has been beyond blessed. She seems to appreciate it but she comments on fertility too much. It comes off a bit insensitive since true infertility means unable to have babies at all.
I agree, I actually don't have any issues with Chris and Jessica, and if a couple wants a lot of kids, go for it. However, I don't think it's right to sit and talk about infertility when you're expecting your fifth child. I realize they've had miscarriages, I'm deeply sorry for that, but I can't imagine not being able to have any children and sit and watch someone with four healthy children, fifth child on the way, all pretty close in age at that, talk about fertility issues. Miscarriages...sure, but infertility in what it truly means...no.
This! I don’t care what anybody says, having 4 biological children who were conceived naturally is NOT infertility! She’s now pregnant with the 5th when her youngest is under 2. All the Ballingers know how to do is complain i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kristenberry »

tkadvil wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:14 pm
ghostmytoaster wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:28 am
Kristenberry wrote:
phantomess wrote:
Am I the only one bothered by Jessica and Chris having another baby? It wouldn't bother me so much if they were a normal family, just living life without YouTube, but at this point, I feel like their kids are 100% their moneymakers and the only reason they want to keep popping them out is to ensure content.
I'm not necessarily saying that there's anything wrong with having a lot of kids. I definitely don't relate to that ambition. I have one and that's pretty great to me. I don't have whatever it is that drives people to have so many but Jess gives me a weird vibe about it. I think it's odd that she started trying so quickly after Duncan. What on earth is the urgency about having 5 kids? Sorry but I don't understand. I feel compassion for her fertility struggle but I can see why people who seriously can't have kids might take offense to a soon to be mother of 5 talking about infertility. Her experience is valid but she has been beyond blessed. She seems to appreciate it but she comments on fertility too much. It comes off a bit insensitive since true infertility means unable to have babies at all.
I agree, I actually don't have any issues with Chris and Jessica, and if a couple wants a lot of kids, go for it. However, I don't think it's right to sit and talk about infertility when you're expecting your fifth child. I realize they've had miscarriages, I'm deeply sorry for that, but I can't imagine not being able to have any children and sit and watch someone with four healthy children, fifth child on the way, all pretty close in age at that, talk about fertility issues. Miscarriages...sure, but infertility in what it truly means...no.
I can't agree with this :? just because she has been extremely LUCKY (remember that keyword) to have had children, doesn't mean she didn't have fertility issues. Doesnt mean she didn't go through a very hard time, didn't experience loss. It doesn't make her any less than women who 100% cannot get pregnant

It also baffles me that people really think they're having a baby for content. You can absolutely tell Chris and Jessica LOVE their children so much, love kids in general and that is reason enough to want to get pregnant again. Especially since shes reaching the age where itll be dangerous getting pregnant.
I don't think anyone is trying to say she didn't have a struggle. Many people sadly have miscarriages and don't consider themselves infertile. Jess is fertile. Period. I don't trivialize her loss or her struggle at all but she is most certainly different than people who 100% can't have kids. Can you clarify why you do not think the struggle is less for her than someone who can't have any kids?

disigney
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by disigney »

Kristenberry wrote:
tkadvil wrote:
ghostmytoaster wrote:
Kristenberry wrote:
phantomess wrote:
I can't agree with this :? just because she has been extremely LUCKY (remember that keyword) to have had children, doesn't mean she didn't have fertility issues. Doesnt mean she didn't go through a very hard time, didn't experience loss. It doesn't make her any less than women who 100% cannot get pregnant

It also baffles me that people really think they're having a baby for content. You can absolutely tell Chris and Jessica LOVE their children so much, love kids in general and that is reason enough to want to get pregnant again. Especially since shes reaching the age where itll be dangerous getting pregnant.
I don't think anyone is trying to say she didn't have a struggle. Many people sadly have miscarriages and don't consider themselves infertile. Jess is fertile. Period. I don't trivialize her loss or her struggle at all but she is most certainly different than people who 100% can't have kids. Can you clarify why you do not think the struggle is less for her than someone who can't have any kids?
I don’t know Jess’ struggle, but there are different degrees of infertility. I have PCOS, but didn’t know it and conceived my first child with seemingly no problem. We tried for a very long time for a second and had zero luck. I went to a reproductive endocrinologist and was diagnosed with secondary infertility. I’m currently pregnant with my second due to modern medicine, and just because I already had one child already doesn’t make my struggle any less valid. I certainly feel for those who absolutely cannot have any children but it doesn’t invalidate those of us who struggled with having consequent children after the first.

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Re: Colleen

Post by Kristenberry »

disigney wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:09 am
Kristenberry wrote:
tkadvil wrote:
ghostmytoaster wrote:
Kristenberry wrote:

I don’t know Jess’ struggle, but there are different degrees of infertility. I have PCOS, but didn’t know it and conceived my first child with seemingly no problem. We tried for a very long time for a second and had zero luck. I went to a reproductive endocrinologist and was diagnosed with secondary infertility. I’m currently pregnant with my second due to modern medicine, and just because I already had one child already doesn’t make my struggle any less valid. I certainly feel for those who absolutely cannot have any children but it doesn’t invalidate those of us who struggled with having consequent children after the first.

Of course not. I definitely don't think anyone here is invalidating the struggle at all. I think it's reasonable to distance yourself more from the label of "infertile" when you have 4 or more children. That's just my personal opinion and I'd argue that the struggle is deeper for people who never get to have kids at all. I know women who have had to let go of the dream after trying everything. I had a stroke while pregnant that required surgery in my 3rd trimester and won't be having more children. I'm so thankful to have my little boy in spite of it all and feel sad for people who don't get to experience this when they want to as badly as they do. I'm just saying that Jessica is an extremely blessed mama all around.

I'm so sorry that you had difficulties. It is absolutely a recognized struggle. Congratulations and best wishes.

awful_waffle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by awful_waffle »

What are the age gaps between each of the kids? It doesn't look like there's huge gaps. Anyone who has 5 natural back to back pregnancies is not infertile.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

disigney wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:09 am

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Thank you for telling us your experience, this is what I was trying to say. That theres different degrees of infertility, it doesn't have to just be complete 0% chance of pregnancy.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

awful_waffle wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:26 pm
What are the age gaps between each of the kids? It doesn't look like there's huge gaps. Anyone who has 5 natural back to back pregnancies is not infertile.
11, 9, 5, 1. I wouldn't necessarily consider those pregnancies "back to back". I disagree, just because someone has 5 children does not mean they did not struggle. They just beat the odds.

Post by Guest »

Offtopic: Sorry to change the subject. I haven’t watched any of Colleens videos in about a month and stumbled across her ‘tea’ video about YouTube banning comments and blocking ads on videos due to the paedo rings and came across this comment. Hit the nail on the fucking head! Especially the bit about her not being a family vlogger and yet she filmed her nieces and nephews since Bailey was a baby! Makes me wonder if she ever thought to set aside money that those kids have earned by being in her videos...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

There’s a few mommy vlogs that I watch for the lulz and they’ve all commented on the YouTube crack down. Not a single one has been upset about it, but genuinely disappointed that they can’t interact with their fans in ways they use to.

Colleen’s just an asshole. A whining, tantrum throwing, oversharing asshole.

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

so many of the family vloggers i watch - i love the ones with huge huge families who do months of meal prep at a time, just because i find that amount of meal prep wild - none of them care that youtube blocked their comment section because they realize that youtube is trying to stop creeps and bad behavior on content containing children, complaining baaout that the way colleen does is so wild to me like you want creeps in your comments talking about kids?

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

beautyblenderhohoho wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am
so many of the family vloggers i watch - i love the ones with huge huge families who do months of meal prep at a time, just because i find that amount of meal prep wild - none of them care that youtube blocked their comment section because they realize that youtube is trying to stop creeps and bad behavior on content containing children, complaining baaout that the way colleen does is so wild to me like you want creeps in your comments talking about kids?
J’Merrill Stewart! I’d watch her any day over Colleen.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

all family vloggers are scum in my opinion, i used to really like colleen and her family but they are trash now.

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

Cheesey wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:44 pm
all family vloggers are scum in my opinion, i used to really like colleen and her family but they are trash now.
Oh my gosh I agree. We stumbled upon some vlog called "Ellie and Jared" a few years ago. We mostly laughed at the cringe. Nice enough couple, cute kids but the whole idea rubbed me the wrong way. I checked it out again many months later and they were moving from a humble condo to this lavish home. It bothered me that filming your own life could become a career and you could see that it changed their personalities. They aren't doing anything extreme like the Ballingers but that was my first taste of how odd it all is. It's never normal to vlog your family life for an audience.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:07 am
CatSheldon wrote:Offtopic: Sorry to change the subject. I haven’t watched any of Colleens videos in about a month and stumbled across her ‘tea’ video about YouTube banning comments and blocking ads on videos due to the paedo rings and came across this comment. Hit the nail on the fucking head! Especially the bit about her not being a family vlogger and yet she filmed her nieces and nephews since Bailey was a baby! Makes me wonder if she ever thought to set aside money that those kids have earned by being in her videos...
This comment is perfect. It makes me so annoyed that she and Jessica do not get it. I hope she read that and took it all in. All they care about is their pockets. Sad that You Tube cares more about protecting their kids than they do. And some of the Ballinger videos use suggestive titles, too. Like, “Naked Trampoline Time.”

Come ON. You can’t tell me that’s appropriate and not intentional.

I just reported Naked Trampoline Time :tu: Not a big follower of that channel so didn't know the vid existed

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

So many parents who are vloggers are gross. There’s an entire kettle of tea on the Bratayley family. Everything from their son who passed away and how they bounced back to filming their younger 2 girls (6 & 10 at the time) a week later. You could see they were still upset and not getting the proper care they needed, instead their channel rose from one million to over 2 million subscribers in just a few weeks as their sons death gained mainstream news attention. When they saw the spike in subs and views (the last vlog of their son called “dear future self” has over 20 million views), they began filming once again.

Since then they have pushed their oldest daughter into dating at 12 (and then used the relationship for clickbait thumbnails and leading their kid viewers on a goose chase of are they aren’t they footage insinuating without clarifying that these two preteens were dating). They have been forcing their girls into acting and one into singing even though in interviews she has confessed not ever wanting to be a singer. They manipulated people around them in order to make sure she was getting all the attention. Simply because she was their breadwinner. Their father even said in an interview that he knew which daughter the viewers wanted to see and so he uses her as 95% of their thumbnails or titles.

Their whole family is a mess. There’s an entire thread of their tea. But this is what happens when you use your kids for views. Eventually you force them to do stuff they don’t want because they aren’t cute anymore and they are losing views.

When their son first passed away, they were making well over 1-4 million views on their daily vlogs. I’ve the last few years mainly since they moved to LA in pursuit of making their 14 year old a successful actress and an award winning singer, they have lost a lot of views and now barely make 500,000 views on their weekly videos. Really now, it’s just dedicated stans who watch these people, who envy the kids, who live vicariously through them that still watch them.

And let me tell you internet stans are some of the most toxic people you will ever meet. If you were to dare say that precious Annie LeBlanc can’t sing, guarantee at least 50 replies of 12 year olds telling you to kill yourself and 5 fan accounts posting your “hate” like a public lynching for more people to tell you to die.

BackwoodsSavage2
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BackwoodsSavage2 »

GossipJunkie33 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:28 pm
I wonder how jealous Colleen is that Flynn isn't going to be the center of attention anymore as the newest baby in the family?
I know this is probably offtopic at this point. But I agree she is jealous because she probably knew Jessica was pregnant before she revealed it on the Ballinger Family channel. There were 2 weeks on Colleen's vlog channel (I believe) that she clickbaited to pretend she was pregnant again and it had to do with eyetwitching and one other random symptom. She said she never wanted to be pregnant again,but what if she knew Jessica was pregnant again and said "oh,my eye was twitching,I'm pregnant again!" She just wanted the attention because Jessica was pregnant or maybe she just wanted more attention again,in general? Just a thought that either she was jealous or she pulled more views in when she said she was pregnant so she had to make some clickbait titles for her vlog channel.

Post by Guest »

For some reason I've watch a few of her vids lately, and I'm just so astounded by her lifestyle and family etc. But not in a good way.

So she's married, but her gay best friend also lives in the house with them??? And her Mother and sister and other family and friends are constantly around? So she has heaps of help with the baby, but still complains really badly about it?

It's like she has no real realization of how privileged she is and how damn good she has it. It rubs me all the wrong way. Also her desperation to recapture the MIRANDA stuff is cringey and pathetic at this point. Not that I ever liked that shit to begin with. But damn, let it go - or find something NEW.

She actually has a decent voice, why not do an album of cover songs or some shit and do some concerts for that? Or invent any other thing??? Why milk Miranda?

Her Mother looks like a Utah Sister Wife and seeing her comments about demons and shit in the psychic video was also off-putting. I didn't even know her sister vlogs about their family and kids, that's just another layer of crazy the whole family seems to participate in.

I do not understand vloggers especially family vloggers exposing their kids and themselves up to so much criticism (which is usually constructive) for views. It's the most narcissistic things you can do, yet they act like they are doing charity work, wtf? lol!

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme »

Ok I’m not trying to mommy shame but I couldn’t but look at the thumbnail for the pregnancy reveal video...am I looking at this wrong or is she holding the baby by its neck? Again, I’m not a mom so maybe that’s how you hold your kid?
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

ilfiore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ilfiore »

teaforme wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:43 am
Ok I’m not trying to mommy shame but I couldn’t but look at the thumbnail for the pregnancy reveal video...am I looking at this wrong or is she holding the baby by its neck? Again, I’m not a mom so maybe that’s how you hold your kid?
you gave me a heart attack for a second bc i thought you were saying colleen announced another pregnancy lol

i’m aware this is super mean and super petty but jessica’s laugh...... lol. it’s like eheh heh heh heh

Zomgshields
Informer
Informer

Post by Zomgshields »

ilfiore wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:24 am
teaforme wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:43 am
you gave me a heart attack for a second bc i thought you were saying colleen announced another pregnancy lol

i’m aware this is super mean and super petty but jessica’s laugh...... lol. it’s like eheh heh heh heh
I hate Jessica’s laugh! It sounds so fake and forced like that can’t be her real laugh can it ? 😭
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”