Negin Mirsalehi

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Negin Mirsalehi

Post by lavieenrose »

Thank you so much for the review, I have fine hair too and hate when oils just sit on top of the hair. I will definitely try the travel size first.

Jamesmads
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jamesmads »

And some recents:
ImageImage

I don’t understand why she keeps doing this. She has millions of followers. Everyone can easily see her ‘real’ pictures. What does she win from this? Except a bad reputation.

And FYI according to some websites, more than 1mill of her followers are fake/bought. No surprise there. But still....

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

You know, the second I saw that Dior picture on IG, I knew the waistline was altered. She has a great body but her waist is not that tiny in proportion to her hips. While I do think that part of that drastic difference is a difference in posing and color of the background, she definitely altered the first photo to make it more dramatic. It does make the dress look better though, lol, in that second pic it looks like it's swallowing her!

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

nitpick but i hate how she always does the same damn pose when she’s wearing a bikini. i’ve seen a lot of photos like this where the influencer is hiking up their bikini bottoms, it must be easier to photoshop :D it makes her ig look so formulaic but she is fake after all...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

I don't even understand why she photoshops her pics. If she wants to fix shadows/colours etc that's cool but she's thin, has a nice face and gorgeous hair.... just leave you pictures alone it's embarrassing

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

I was watching all her vlogs but she drives me crazy doing the things vloggers do - show you in inside of the hotel but not any of the events. “Forgot my camera” “didn’t charge my camera”. It’s like, we know you don’t want to be the social media girl at these events but that’s what you are!

Also if she describes her outfits at all it’s just “my top is from *garbled words, my pants I don’t know and hat from ages ago”. Then nothing in the description box on YouTube but links to her Instagram and Gisou.

It’s like, you’re a fashion blogger! Tell us!

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

it wouldn’t surprise me if she reads here because someone pointed out her lack of activism and suddenly she is posting about the alabama anti abortion legislation

staliban
Learner
Learner

Post by staliban »

I think her post on influencers at the met gala is starting to open a lot of eyes. I see comments calling her arrogant, entitled, how influencers don't actually do anything positive for the world, she just encourages consumerism, she never promotes charity, etc. (Maybe that's why she's trying to speak out on topics now? which just proves everyone's point about her being vapid and following trends.) And People are starting to notice she's changing the order of the comments on that post from "most liked" to "last posted" because the most liked are critical.

DapperDisco
Informer
Informer

Post by DapperDisco »

It just sounds like she was bitter to not have been invited by a designer and/or is pushing for an invite next year :roll:

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

I’m kind of baffled by her fame. I do like her vlogs because they show me things I’d never see - designer fittings, gorgeous hotel suites - but she is so flat and mumbles, they aren’t interesting because of her.

She doesn’t really do any other type of videos, outfit styling, career advice, makeup, hair etc. Then her blog is just photos, her instagram pics are so overly edited.

How does that give you a life as an influencer, a Haircare business and front row seats at fashion shows?

I realise I’m kind of questioning the whole influencer thing but she in particular doesn’t have an angle other than “good hair”.

How did her brand build?

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

In her latest vlog she touches on not going to Coachella but doesn’t explain it just says it’s beyond her control.

Someone suspects it’s to do with USA immigration policies and her Middle Eastern background. Which is sad but kind of makes sense.

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

called out by celebface for another shoop fail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

birdsong
Informer
Informer

Post by birdsong »

in her recent video she admitted to the nose job and lip fillers, which she says she got to correct unevenness and she’s not getting them anymore. she says it’s the only thing she’s had done. i call bullshit. she has under eye fillers and cheek fillers and probably fillers in her nasolabia folds. her lips are still blown up. she tried blaming it on weight loss and puffiness in the morning. i feel like she’s only coming clean because of this thread and because she’s being exposed by celebface and other accounts. i think she wants to build a community amongst her followers by being “honest”, especially after the backlash from her metgala post. she wants to win people back. plus, follow-for-follow only gets you so far.

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenJolie »

birdsong wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:02 pm
in her recent video she admitted to the nose job and lip fillers, which she says she got to correct unevenness and she’s not getting them anymore. she says it’s the only thing she’s had done. i call bullshit. she has under eye fillers and cheek fillers and probably fillers in her nasolabia folds. her lips are still blown up. she tried blaming it on weight loss and puffiness in the morning. i feel like she’s only coming clean because of this thread and because she’s being exposed by celebface and other accounts. i think she wants to build a community amongst her followers by being “honest”, especially after the backlash from her metgala post. she wants to win people back. plus, follow-for-follow only gets you so far.
Exactly. It's reputation reconstruction. She studied PR lol, she knows what she's doing, but it's still transparent sadly. Girl has had an entire facial reconstruction. Rhino, lip fillers, chin/jaw work, brow lift, heeeelllaaa fillers and a boob job. I have no idea why she gets so many fillers!? Her face looked so much better without that weird gross puffiness.
'Isn't slough a funny word?'

LaurieShelby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LaurieShelby »

Her post about met gala screams bitterness and entitlement as it finests. I wonder who this people think they are. All of them act as if they deserve rights and privilege everywhere they go. They want to travel for free, they want luxurious items and hotels, they want to attend all the parties, the oscars, they want to be famous at any costs. They feel as if they are queens and people need to know who they are and enter the elite just because they are influencers. You are no shit. You might have followers but the met gala doesn't care about you. They have real actors and actresses, singers, designers, people who actually work somehow to attend that event. Negin again who is she? an influencer? okay? what you can bring positive to the met? nothing. Because having rihanna, beyonce, blake lively, ariana grande, and other people is going to put the attention on them. Nobody knows who these influencers are except for their fans and obviously the met and the gala probably don't bate an eye about them :rofl: :rofl:

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

LaurieShelby wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:18 am
Her post about met gala screams bitterness and entitlement as it finests. I wonder who this people think they are. All of them act as if they deserve rights and privilege everywhere they go. They want to travel for free, they want luxurious items and hotels, they want to attend all the parties, the oscars, they want to be famous at any costs. They feel as if they are queens and people need to know who they are and enter the elite just because they are influencers. You are no shit. You might have followers but the met gala doesn't care about you. They have real actors and actresses, singers, designers, people who actually work somehow to attend that event. Negin again who is she? an influencer? okay? what you can bring positive to the met? nothing. Because having rihanna, beyonce, blake lively, ariana grande, and other people is going to put the attention on them. Nobody knows who these influencers are except for their fans and obviously the met and the gala probably don't bate an eye about them :rofl: :rofl:
I agree with your bolded statement 100%. Although I got the opposite impression from her post, but I can definitely see how it was negatively received. IMO she was humble enough but sticking up for her work, but of course it was taken badly because of the nature of her job. Yes, influencers (the good ones, anyway) do a lot of work and help market brands in a way that traditional marketing can't do. That's why it's blown up as an industry. And let's not forget that it was the brands themselves that created this industry. Before they came in trying to pay people to greedily target their audiences, influencers were just normal people having fun on the internet by genuinely connecting and sharing things on social media. It's kind of weird how influencers can have large followings and so much engagement but overall public opinion on them is so negative. I think that's because in a lot of cases they have been getting treated like celebrities and it is extremely off-putting for most of us when we know it's done because of something as dumb as follower counts. These cases make them come off as a whole industry of Kardashian wannabees and we are all familiar with the general public perception of the Kardashians. Do I think influencers should be at the Met Gala? HELL NO. There is no fun in seeing them at this once exclusive and prestigious event especially because they are only there to help a company market its products. I also think they have no business walking the red carpet at Cannes or go to the BAFTAs, etc., but they do have their place and value.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

So I just watched Negin's latest video and as she was talking about how she hasn't had lip fillers in forever, I was totally distracted by the obvious mark on her lip that looks like the kind that happens in the days after you get lip filler...like a healing poke hole. Was that addressed in a previous video or is it the new elephant in the room?

staliban
Learner
Learner

Post by staliban »

Funny she made that video because not too long ago I was reading this blog post about her http://bdblggr.com/blog/2018/3/10/insta ... low-method
The author uses her as an example to talk about the pros and cons of the follow for follow method. The cons are that it is not ideal for long-term growth and does not foster an engaged community but it is good for reaching a wider audience. In the beginning she got away with it but now she can't. I think she's at that point where she needs to keep all those followers and build a community to last long-term so she's trying to do that by being "transparent" about the work done on her face. Except her whole career is built on dishonesty with the follow method. Will she ever be transparent about that? What about the fake giveaways? I don't think so. And she's not being fully truthful in the video
  • She does not mention her boob job
  • She is still getting lip fillers. Maybe you can argue she is waiting for them to dissolve on their own but I doubt it. Only time will tell. Her reason for getting them doesn't even make sense.
  • She has undereye, cheek, and chin fillers too
  • If she was never "ashamed" about her nose job, why did she delete comments and block people? Even if they asked in a nice way? She doesn't have to answer, but why block and delete? She even blocked me on her channel for asking why she tagged a video "negin botox". The video had nothing to do with botox. There was no hate in my comment, it was just a question, yet she deleted it and blocked me. I think she wanted people to believe her face was natural but it got to the point where she looked painfully stupid and finally had to admit to it.
  • I feel like she also down plays how drastic her nose job really was. She says the doctor just "brought her bones together" and put cartilage on the top to make it seem smaller. Girl you had a big persian nose with a hook. The doctor had to shave down the hump. They *did* have to make it smaller. And I think she has multiple nose jobs because the tip has changed multiple times
  • How is it even possible to "work on your face" to make it less puffy? It's because of the fillers.

Hey yeah Holly
Talker
Talker

Post by Hey yeah Holly »

gossipy locks wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:00 pm
So I just watched Negin's latest video and as she was talking about how she hasn't had lip fillers in forever, I was totally distracted by the obvious mark on her lip that looks like the kind that happens in the days after you get lip filler...like a healing poke hole. Was that addressed in a previous video or is it the new elephant in the room?
She quite often has that mark in vlogs and I thought it was fillers but it’s there so often and she makes no effort to hide it that I think it must be natural? Somehow? It confuses me too.

I’m glad she came clean on the surgery. She can feel the tide turning on influencers. She’s got her own brand she will survive the demise of a lot of them but she’ll need to be authentic. This is phase one.

She definitely needs to stop editing her photos so much - just do colour correction. She doesn’t need to but she’s becoming the poster child for bad editing. Phase two.

Phase three is to tell me the name of her surgeon because they did a great job on that nose.

Jamesmads
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jamesmads »

Just like someone else mentioned: she doesn’t feel ashamed of getting a nose job, yet in the past 6 or so years she NEVER happened to mention it to her followers. Everyone praising her for how perfect she is blablabla. Nothing. Before and after pics going around thanks to an old acquiantance, she really pissed that person off? What is the story?

While I like how she is finally opening up about the nose job, I don’t like how she is doing it. Just proves she doesn’t care about her followers... But what to expect from someone who reached 1M followers by following 800 000 herself.
And she is opening up but still not fully. She obviously had a lot more done than ONE nose job and one time lip fillers.

And yet...

And that’s not just weightloss/-gain.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”