ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

friendz123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by friendz123 »

That kind of stuff pisses me off. If I didn’t work, I would make sure to exercise a lot more, so she should definitely be able to. I feel like I can’t since I work too much and get too stressed after work to do anything else.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

She just went on a huge rant and called out Glossier for having “too much packaging” because a product came in a sealed wrapping inside a box. Sure, probably unnecessary, but I thought it was harsh of her to tag them and post a minute or so long rant about it. She’s probably mad they don’t send her free stuff anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charliebaby
Lurker
Lurker

Post by charliebaby »

lol. i get it but that rant could’ve easily been a single picture of the packaging with a few sentences over it talking about unnecessary waste, not several minutes worth of her complaining. girl’s got way too much time on her hands and is clearly focusing her general anxiety onto this packaging situation.

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

From her stupid Glossier rant and constant whining on the podcast, it’s very clear that she has not changed much since her YouTube days. Agreed, her post could’ve been a simple pic with a caption, rather she chose to make a huge deal out of it by posting like a 5 minute rant about it. She always complains how her rant videos were so bad for her mental health and how she’s not like that anymore, then she still does this bullshit on Instagram and on the podcast.

In regards to the gym thing, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the gym in their building? It looked like a gym you’d find in an apartment complex. Yeah, carving out time out of your busy schedule of making crappy watercolours and bitching into a microphone maybe once a week. Sure, Jan.

mik_mik
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mik_mik »

doomloop wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:51 am
From her stupid Glossier rant and constant whining on the podcast, it’s very clear that she has not changed much since her YouTube days. Agreed, her post could’ve been a simple pic with a caption, rather she chose to make a huge deal out of it by posting like a 5 minute rant about it. She always complains how her rant videos were so bad for her mental health and how she’s not like that anymore, then she still does this bullshit on Instagram and on the podcast.

In regards to the gym thing, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the gym in their building? It looked like a gym you’d find in an apartment complex. Yeah, carving out time out of your busy schedule of making crappy watercolours and bitching into a microphone maybe once a week. Sure, Jan.

Yep, yep, and yep! Spot on, nothing has really changed for her since quitting YouTube (at least from my perspective). I hate to be that person but as someone who struggles with depression and anxiety, (imo not diagnosing or telling other people how to live) for me one of THE WORST things i could do for myself is barely leave the house for long periods of time. Obviously everyone's different, but i have since listened to a few episodes of her podcast and scrolled through her twitter and like said, doesn't seem like much has changed for her. She still talks about her anxiety and stuff, idk i was hoping that when she quit YouTube she would get a "real job" and leave the apartment more. As much as she can annoy me i still weirdly kind of root for her.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the gym is in her apartment building which makes her barely going even worse lol

Post by Guest »

She was being so ridiculous on their last podcast. Chris was talking about an experience he had doing an escape room with his coworkers on his work trip. Rachel talked over him the whole time and kept butting in with comments like “I feel like I would like an escape room because I’m good at puzzles” “if I did an escape room I would want it to be murder themed” “I’m analytical, that would be my contribution if I did an escape room”OK why are you talking about all these hypothetical things you would do IF you did an escape room when Chris is trying to talk about his actual experience with one? It was so sad, like she thinks his experiences and accomplishments are her own and lives vicariously through him. I wish she would go out more and actually experience things on her own vs just living through Chris.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

Smores wrote:She was being so ridiculous on their last podcast. Chris was talking about an experience he had doing an escape room with his coworkers on his work trip. Rachel talked over him the whole time and kept butting in with comments like “I feel like I would like an escape room because I’m good at puzzles” “if I did an escape room I would want it to be murder themed” “I’m analytical, that would be my contribution if I did an escape room”OK why are you talking about all these hypothetical things you would do IF you did an escape room when Chris is trying to talk about his actual experience with one? It was so sad, like she thinks his experiences and accomplishments are her own and lives vicariously through him. I wish she would go out more and actually experience things on her own vs just living through Chris.

This bothers me with her every time. It’s like Chris has a job, and is busy so Rachel is always like “I’m so busy.” Chris working 40 hour weeks while you post a water color Wednesday once every 3 weeks doesn’t mean YOU are busy.

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

There was also a small part where they’re trying to get tickets for something when they went live on sale, and basically Chris is going to do it while he’s at work while Rachel’s lazy stay at home ass won’t do it. I mean, buying tickets isn’t too disruptive for work, but it just bothers me that she has free time and can’t do it herself.

Does anyone else think Chris and Rachel are like Michael and Jan from the office? The “Dinner Party” episode where it’s clear Michael probably pays for all of Jan’s candle materials so she can have her lame hobby business “Serenity by Jan” candles. And Jan is just a demanding anxious mess who stays at home contributing nothing except her “candle business”, and Michael is just a pushover who lets her boss him around. I bet you Chris is paying for a lot of her craft stuff and their place is overrun with her trinkets. Maybe it’s just me, but I’d feel so uncomfortable and guilty if my partner paid for all of my stuff and worked full time, while I was perfectly capable of getting a real job and chose not to leave the house.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Well, it's official: I've finally unfollowed her. On twitter, on instagram, everything. She was one of those people I initially thought I'd never unfollow, but the truth is, it's been a long time coming. She's toxic, and I don't want that on my feed anymore.

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

doomloop wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:32 pm
There was also a small part where they’re trying to get tickets for something when they went live on sale, and basically Chris is going to do it while he’s at work while Rachel’s lazy stay at home ass won’t do it. I mean, buying tickets isn’t too disruptive for work, but it just bothers me that she has free time and can’t do it herself.

Does anyone else think Chris and Rachel are like Michael and Jan from the office? The “Dinner Party” episode where it’s clear Michael probably pays for all of Jan’s candle materials so she can have her lame hobby business “Serenity by Jan” candles. And Jan is just a demanding anxious mess who stays at home contributing nothing except her “candle business”, and Michael is just a pushover who lets her boss him around. I bet you Chris is paying for a lot of her craft stuff and their place is overrun with her trinkets. Maybe it’s just me, but I’d feel so uncomfortable and guilty if my partner paid for all of my stuff and worked full time, while I was perfectly capable of getting a real job and chose not to leave the house.
Yes! I totally see the comparison!

lemoncurdpot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemoncurdpot »

I can't believe Chris already left therapy. Is it just me or didn't he just start? I totally understand that some people do "graduate" out, but why announce it like they did when he has been going for such a short amount of time?

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

lemoncurdpot wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm
I can't believe Chris already left therapy. Is it just me or didn't he just start? I totally understand that some people do "graduate" out, but why announce it like they did when he has been going for such a short amount of time?
I think he said he'd been going for 6 months... Honestly the first time I ever started going to weekly therapy as an adult I felt good enough after about 6 months to stop going. And granted things went downhill for me pretty fast to the point of needing to go back within the year but I learned so much about coping with anxiety that even now (3 years later) I feel a lot more confident with my anxiety.

I do wonder if he'll just never go back or if he will end up going back sooner than he'd expected to need it.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

I like Rachel but Chris... is he a saint? Cos I sure as hell would not be so patient if my partner was barely working part time but complaining all the damn time while I bust my ass 9-5 5 days a week. He seems really understanding but I wonder if in the back of his mind he's frustrated with their situation. He's shouldering a lot of their financial burden which I know from experience isn't healthy for a relationship.

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

Can't believe shes selling her mini donut Keychain for 40$cdn each

littleelbow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by littleelbow »

zoeyisqueen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 pm
I just came on here to say that lol GURL

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

littleelbow wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:06 pm
zoeyisqueen wrote:
Maybe Chris said she had to start paying the rent.

littleelbow
Lurker
Lurker

Post by littleelbow »

zoeyisqueen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:11 pm
littleelbow wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:06 pm
zoeyisqueen wrote:
Maybe Chris said she had to start paying the rent.
I was considering buying one until i saw that price. Is she serious :|

Post by Guest »

Who has that kind of disposable income to spend $40 on a key chain? She can’t be serious. Her store must be struggling. Any time she post anything about her store/artwork on social media it barely gets any likes- especially compared to her other content.

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

She starting an art patreon..girl isn't that your Etsy store?very confused

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

zoeyisqueen wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:45 pm
She starting an art patreon..girl isn't that your Etsy store?very confused
It’s worse than her Etsy because it means people will be paying on a monthly basis rather than buying an item once. Lmao 10 bucks says she will flake out on her Patreon as much as she and Chris flake out on their podcast Patreon. For sure we’ll be hearing her complain about how much she has to do and how she’s so stressed about it all. This Patreon thing is really starting to show how desperate she is for income. I remember her boasting when she hit 4K sales or something but it you look at what’s been purchased more than half are the $1 digital downloads. Oh honey that’s sad. There’s no way in hell she’s spending her own money on those tattoos and trips. I could not stand being with someone as lazy as her who constantly relied on my money.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”