NikkieTutorials

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NikkieTutorials

Post by ispyskyler »

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about her. Honestly, I love her. She's only 18 and I think she's so talented. She's adorable, and I love her personality.
What do you think?

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Re: NikkieTutorials

Post by cherry_blossom »

I love her and her sense of humour! For someone so young, she has achieved so much already (such as teaching makeup at the school she learnt from and doing makeup on shoots). I always thought she was much older because of that.

I agree, she's very talented. :)

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker

Post by ispyskyler »

cherry_blossom wrote:I love her and her sense of humour! For someone so young, she has achieved so much already (such as teaching makeup at the school she learnt from and doing makeup on shoots). I always thought she was much older because of that.

I agree, she's very talented. :)

I always look forward to her videos just because I love watching her, not just for the gorgeous looks she does, but because she's so funny and bubbly. I definitely see her as being quite successful in the future.
Look at how far she's gotten already!

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

I so love this girl. just watched her video on her photo-shoot for FashionMilk and i just think she shows retraint and talent...so friken awesome. :love2:
:love2: :love2:

Glitterbomb
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Glitterbomb »

Nikkie is my absolute favorite guru. She's super down to earth and has actual makeup experience, which I can appreciate.

VomitingBanana
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by VomitingBanana »

I just made the account to make sure this forum will talk about her! :D There are a bunch of youtubers out there who are called beauty gurus and I don't understand why... If I compare Nikkie to, say, Missglamorazzi, the latter doesn't stand a chance. Nikkie knows what she's doing and she has actual experience to share with viewers (like when she does the celebrity-inspired tutorials, she sometimes explains why something was probably done in a specific way in the original picture/video). You know, she KNOWS her shit.
I like that she does both artistic/fantastic stuff which is fun and also educating to watch. But she also does tutorials for totally wearable makeup. I mean, I'm 26 and I kind of started getting more into makeup a year ago (yes... I have been using makeup but I don't do it every day; and I learned a year ago what is contouring and what is crease in makeup world).
And I have learned a lot from her vids. Much more so than from the hauling "gurus" (who I happen to watch for... entertainment - it's more like having a number of case studies going :D; I make a lot of mental notes...).

So yes, Nikkie for the win!

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

i'm worried about her love of Romwee and graveyard girl lately. slippppery slope....

pinktext
Learner
Learner

Post by pinktext »

ugh, i love nikkie, but the romwe video made me a little sick to my stomach. the shoutout to bunny, the jumping, the atrocious clothes...i wanna call Intervention. I made a comment about Bunny's channel being an advertisement and she (nikkie) deleted it.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

she did?? f**k...let's hope that sokulum69, jeanfracoiscd and dusty pull her back from the edge of that side of the y/t madness.

MarlboroPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by MarlboroPrincess »

I love Nikkie. Like previously mentioned, I hope she stays away from Bunny, and nearly EVERYONE. I heard of her through Dustin Hunter, he's awesome as well, it blows my mind she even says any thing about Bunny. And aww, how cute, she finally has a boyfriend. If I remember right, in one of her older videos, she's SOMEHOW NEVER had a boyfriend (and it sounded as if it wasn't because she didn't want one, it just never happened for whatever reason) before, so I wonder if this is her first? She's so gorgeous, talented, and she has a great future, I don't see how guys there aren't all chasing after all. I really wish her the best, and hope she gets really far. She's one of the only "guru's" who live up to the word. <3
Gobble Gobble Gobble

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

I feel like she's been really lazy with videos recently. If you have well over 200 thousand subscribers, you should at least upload regularly

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness »

I love her but I think she's going a bit over the top with the sassiness, it feels less natural than it used to. I mean, I know every guru exploits the side of their personality that will bring them more viewers but sometimes I think she tries a little too hard.

That been said I still think her tutorials are gorgeous and she looks great lately since she lost a bit of weight (not that she wasn't gorgeous before).

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I love her tutorials especially her eyebrows!!! I just wish she would post more often

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

I LOVE her. She is so funny, and her makeup is always amazing. She used to post every week until she got a boyfriend >:/ eh.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

I just recently discovered Nikki. How tall is she? She appears to be a very large girl.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

She's 5'10 I believe. I like Nikki, it's obvious she does youtube for money and cashes in on any celebrity look she can but she does it well. I noticed her makeup looks and posting stopped now that she got a boyfriend too, but good for her for having a life outside of youtube.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

clairebear wrote:She's 5'10 I believe. I like Nikki, it's obvious she does youtube for money and cashes in on any celebrity look she can but she does it well. I noticed her makeup looks and posting stopped now that she got a boyfriend too, but good for her for having a life outside of youtube.
I actually looked at the frequently asked questions on her blog and it says she's 6'2". She looks absolutely huge!! I believe she is quite heavy as well as tall. I tried to watch a few of her videos the other night. I just couldn't get into her. I don't like her delivery. She seems to have a lot of subbies though, so good for her.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

aliceintheuk
Learner
Learner

Post by aliceintheuk »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
clairebear wrote:She's 5'10 I believe. I like Nikki, it's obvious she does youtube for money and cashes in on any celebrity look she can but she does it well. I noticed her makeup looks and posting stopped now that she got a boyfriend too, but good for her for having a life outside of youtube.
I actually looked at the frequently asked questions on her blog and it says she's 6'2". She looks absolutely huge!! I believe she is quite heavy as well as tall. I tried to watch a few of her videos the other night. I just couldn't get into her. I don't like her delivery. She seems to have a lot of subbies though, so good for her.
Bit harsh to call her huge and heavy :\

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm sad to say I dislike Nikki. I don't want to be one of those people who expects people to never change - she's grown up a lot but I feel she is not really sincere about that.

At one point her MUA career was really taking off and she was really busy and she kind of more or less said "I was going to quit YouTube, but I'll keep doing it for you guys" and it hasn't felt sincere since.

I feel like as a highschool student she probably wanted to be part of the YT beauty community and then once she grew up kind of got over it, but has kept doing it to make the money. Nothing wrong with getting money for working but that is NOT how she started out so rather than saying she changed (which everyone does) I'd say her motives have changed and I really dislike watching her videos now as they just feel insincere.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Cazevo18
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cazevo18 »

I personally love Nikkie (especially the monthly hits and 'oh god no's'). Initially, I thought her accent was really odd (I didn't know where she was from)...then as I got into her videos it became clear that she is dutch and taught herself English from watching american tv shows - which she jokes about (hence the slight American twang in her accent). I think she's funny, she curses like an old fish wife and her tutorials are fabulous. Again , she will say if a product is down right rubbish ! I've seen her videos when she breaks down in tears and thanks all her subscribers for their support ...and to me, it seems genuine. Yes, I believe she wanted to stop youtube as she was so busy in her work life. Her portfolio of work is amazing....this girl at 20 year's old has come a long way really quickly....I hope she goes for...she's worked hard!

Return to “NikkieTutorials”