FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Iris1969

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by Iris1969 »

Yep Rachel is American and I agree that their idea of classy is often very different from that of most British people, although a lot of British people seem to think that loud "new money" designer label oriented clothes are classy too :?.

I don't mind conservative or beige/pink/white clothes, but I feel that Josie dresses too old for her age and I don't think that the long flowy floral dresses she's currently wearing a lot are particularly flattering on her petite frame.

thespoiledchinchilla
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by thespoiledchinchilla »

Iris1969 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Yep Rachel is American and I agree that their idea of classy is often very different from that of most British people, although a lot of British people seem to think that loud "new money" designer label oriented clothes are classy too :?.

I don't mind conservative or beige/pink/white clothes, but I feel that Josie dresses too old for her age and I don't think that the long flowy floral dresses she's currently wearing a lot are particularly flattering on her petite frame.
I found myself dressing more and more similar to her especially this year but then again I am 32 by now so hardly a spring chicken any more and it is the style I feel comfortable with. One good thing is I stopped buying trend items and have started to invest in more classic pieces that I can see myself wear in 10-15 years time still etc. Never been into these new money designer labels but i guess they have their customers.

Post by Guest »

thespoiledchinchilla wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:30 pm
Irisdelete969 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:51 pm
steeviebass wrote:
thespoiledchinchilla wrote: I actually genuinely like her personally or at least clothes wise I really like her. She is also well spoken and comes across as really comes across like a lady polished and put together genuinely seeming nice. She is one of the few few youtubers I can tolerate some who come across as trashy and chavy. She buys a lot of high end stuff but it seems to all be really classic timeless stuff that will not fall out of fashion within one season. I do feel a bit bad for her if she only showed high end stuff she is not relatable and out of touch, if she does a top shop or h&M haul then she is being disingenuous and just doing it for the sale? I love her colour pallet and is the reason I follow her. Of course I know I would never be able to afford all her stuff but I like picking maybe one of the items she reviewed and thinking about investing in that object after seeing a detailed review so i know fully what to expect. I appreciate there is videos that shows me how much or how little this or that designer bag can hold as it is basically testing the bag for me and if it is a bag that would bring me joy and would work for me.

Her partner on the other hand I can't stand and I hope she realises soon that she can do so much better and would not need to put up with him. She is still young if she cuts him out now there is still plenty of time for her to find a guy that will treat her like a lady and treat her with respect and is as lovely as she is.
I used to really like Josie too, it was finding out she'd ripped off another smaller YouTuber's work that really changed my mind about her. I can't believe anything she says anymore unfortunately.
Regarding the high end clothes Vs cheap clothes: I agree that she needs to try a variety of stores to suit her viewers' different budgets - I have a problem with her contradiction when she speaks about the quality of things. she will say for example that a Topshop blouse is fabulous quality (because they're paying her to say so), then mention how poor quality a missguided blouse is - even though they're similar price points and probably of the same fabric composition. I don't think she'd ever shop in Topshop or river island if she wasn't their ambassador.
Just watch her 10 beauty mistakes video then compare it to The Rachel Review's video of the same name..
Josie lost all credibility in my eyes after that!
(Charlie is a massive twat I think we can all agree on that) :rofl:
I couldn't agree with you more!

That video was the first time I saw her lack of honesty too. Her constant passive aggressive remarks (especially on Instagram and Twitter) when she has to disclose gifts or when she has to be open about her returns and so on and the fact that she still flat out refuses to disclose most of her ads, sponsorships and gifts on YouTube sealed the deal for me :-(.

You'll be pleased to know that Rachel has put a copyright notice in her description box of all of her videos afterwards, but it's a shame it had to come to that because Josie refused to apologize to her for stealing her idea, acknowledge her as her source of inspiration or take her own video down.

This is Rachel's copyright notice:
The content published here is subject to copyright laws and shall not be reproduced in any other form or content. Any parties found plagiarizing the aforementioned content shall be subject to legal action in the form of (but not limited to) cease and desist and other legal means.

I wonder if she started legal actions against her. She totally should!
Just had a look at both videos and though very similar these tips are hardly revolutionary and have been mentioned in other natural make up tips before such as other videos or articles. I did try to like Rachel but could not sit through her accent and voice though I am very sure she is good at what she does.
Whether you like Rachel or not - Josie copied her work word for word which she didn't deserve.

Post by Guest »

IMG_20190411_090302.jpg
IMG_20190411_090233.jpg
No matter what your opinion of Rachel, you can't deny that this is a low blow. I would have still had a shred of respect left for Josie if she'd credited Rachel in her video or even changed a few of the 'mistakes'. Seems like she was stuck for a video one night and thought stealing someone else's content would be totally acceptable.
These are just a few of the comments calling Josie out, which she's never responded to.
The pinned comment on the top of Rachel's video says she's tried to contact her but she hasn't responded. Imagine stealing someone's work, putting your name on it then ignoring the original creator when they try to reach out?! That's not classy behaviour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Have you seen her latest Insta stories in which she pretends to be goofy and playful by singing songs from the Lion King? I cringed so hard!

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Hahaha Lydia Millen just wrote on her IG that she did a paid collaboration with H&M, so that is why Josie is all over H&M all of a sudden :lol:.

Without disclosing anything off course :roll:.

Post by Guest »

Did anyone catch the ASOS story on ITV news? They managed to find someone else to question - a girl admitting that she wore things and sent them back (even shoes!!) :bang:
They even featured it on Gogglebox last night, (which is a show of real people's reactions and critiques of TV shows/news stories from the week for non British gossipers) let's just say their reactions weren't favourable :rofl: If only she'd accepted the interview and it might have been Josie getting ridiculed on a Friday night!
They managed to get imogenation to have her say, she's worried bloggers will be getting their account blocked because of people who abuse the return system.
Also I read this story the other day : https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-10/aso ... ng-action/
It's quite shocking how much their profits have dropped in such a short space of time, no wonder they're clamping down on serial returners, I don't think it'll be long until they stop their free returns altogether because some people are obviously just taking the piss. I don't think it'll be long until other websites follow suit too, could be disastrous shopaholics like Josie!

AllAboutMeeeeeee
Learner
Learner

Post by AllAboutMeeeeeee »

Her latest vlog is an advert for bare minerals and sweaty Betty. Yet not one single disclosure!!!

Post by Guest »

AllAboutMeeeeeee wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 am
Her latest vlog is an advert for bare minerals and sweaty Betty. Yet not one single disclosure!!!
Funny how she was so far up tropic makeups arse this week and now it's bare minerals :rofl:
I know she needs to pay the bills (*keep Charlie) but going from one makeup brand sponsorship to another in under a week just proves she'll do anything for a quick buck $$$

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Josie has shown so many almost identical spring clothes in her latest videos that she's looking more like an obsessed shopaholic/hoarder than a girl that just likes to show her audience what clothes she bought this month because she loves them, like she still pretends she is, so I think it's time for her to loose that shtick and go for another one: being more of an inspiration/role model by showing her followers what she thinks they would like to buy based on her signature colour pallet and style.

This is still nonsense off course because she only shows stuff to make money off of it and not to be inspirational, but the shtick she's using at the moment is getting to the point that it's too unbelievable, even for the gullible die-hard fans that still think she is a lovely innocent sweet English rose that can do no wrong.

Post by Guest »

AllAboutMeeeeeee wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 am
I called her out on her latest video over no disclosures and of course her response was no ad required.
Completely done with her. She is not worth the time and that kind of dishonesty aggravates me.
In her mind she is obviously above the law and hopefully will pay the price eventually.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Josie is such a nasty POS! She wrote in her insta stories today that she only got one negative comment on her latest video, but that the other viewers roasted that person, which she loved. So she basically thanked her audience for attacking and silencing critical viewers!

I looked for the comment that she was referring to on YT and as I already predicted: it was just someone telling her the truth in a neutral tone, but her minions immediately attacked that woman for being rude and Josie gladly added some oil to the fire with a very passive aggressive remark.

But that was clearly not enough for our little miss perfect, so today she had to publicly shame that woman on IG for making that remark and by doing so she made sure other people will think twice about being critical to her in the future.

hellohello48
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hellohello48 »

Her accounts are online (not the most up to date). https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09750722.

She clearly does very well for herself. Just a very deluded view of what it means to come from a wealthy family. It's not a bad thing. But very few people at the age of 21 can afford a 650,000 house without any help...

Post by Guest »

Anyone watched the latest video yet?? She says to buy second hand quality pieces over low quality fast fashion, like she did when she BOUGHT her Chanel bag from xupes 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just can't believe she's lied about how she obtained her bag AGAIN after been called out last time. I honestly think she likes to brag about spending.
Also the whole concept of the video is a massive flop when she's been wearing a cheap nasty h&m sack dress all week.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

I used to feel sorry for Josie for being engaged with such an awful narcissistic man, but I've noticed so many lies, contradictions, manipulations and passive aggressive remarks since I started following her about a year ago that I now think that they are as bad as each other and therefore deserve each other.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

steeviebass wrote: Anyone watched the latest video yet?? She says to buy second hand quality pieces over low quality fast fashion, like she did when she BOUGHT her Chanel bag from xupes 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just can't believe she's lied about how she obtained her bag AGAIN after been called out last time. I honestly think she likes to brag about spending.
Also the whole concept of the video is a massive flop when she's been wearing a cheap nasty h&m sack dress all week.
I agree, this video was a joke and I found it painful to watch her lie and contradict herself in this way.

How can she stand there and talk about buying less but better, but at the same time still actively promote Topshop, H&M and River Island and have more clothes than she could possibly wear more than once in her lifetime? How can she justify all her lies and contradictions and not feel embarrassed when filming this drivel?

And how is it possible that we can see this nonsense for what it is and her minions still can't? :?

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

She’s stolen the tips from therachelreview again! Looks like Rachel made a video on spotting quality clothes on March 3 and this POS has stolen the content shamelessly again!

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

notsoposh wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:51 pm
She’s stolen the tips from therachelreview again! Looks like Rachel made a video on spotting quality clothes on March 3 and this POS has stolen the content shamelessly again!
I haven't watched that video yet, but I take your word for it, because we all know by now that she's has no scruples. I've even been wondering lately if she is a narcissist too :?.

I hope Rachel will take legal action against her this time and expose Josie for the fraud she is!

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

Iris1969 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:05 pm
notsoposh wrote:
I haven't watched that video yet, but I take your word for it, because we all know by now that she's has no scruples. I've even been wondering lately if she is a narcissist too :?.

I hope Rachel will take legal action against her this time and expose Josie for the fraud she is!
I have already messaged Rachel and she replied saying she can’t do much unfortunately since she’s a much smaller YouTuber and Josie has blocked her already. I did ask her to watch the video and if she thinks it’s stolen from her put it up on her Instagram stories. She’s blocked, her followers aren’t.

Post by Guest »

notsoposh wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:09 pm
Iris1969 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:05 pm
notsoposh wrote:

I have already messaged Rachel and she replied saying she can’t do much unfortunately since she’s a much smaller YouTuber and Josie has blocked her already. I did ask her to watch the video and if she thinks it’s stolen from her put it up on her Instagram stories. She’s blocked, her followers aren’t.
Oh my goodness.. I've just watched Rachel's video and Josie's is too similar for it to be a coincidence! Rachel mentions the fabric composition, hardware and zips, checking the stitching on hemlines.. guess what Josie mentioned in her video today!! I aren't even subscribed to Rachel but I find this disgraceful, I hope she can take action and expose Josie for the leech she is!! I'm disgusted...

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”