Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Connor (YawnYoutuberAward) Franta Part 4

Post by Kokopelli96 »

Who thinks that this is the end of "Connor Franta - Youtuber"?
I don't think he'll post more than 6 videos this year...sad because I do enjoy Connor's videos

Ian is cute and smart (home school, UCLA magna cum laude 2017, USC phd 2023).
They kinda look alike (although Ian might be 3-4 inches taller). I'd ship this...Conian <3

P.S. There's a cute picture of them together at "Millersroom" instagram

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Kokopelli96 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm
Smh I went to that ig account just to find a pic of them just standing next to each other in matching jeans :/

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

manged wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:29 pm
Kokopelli96 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm
Smh I went to that ig account just to find a pic of them just standing next to each other in matching jeans :/
lol and double smh (at me and you), I like Connor...and I think that pic is cute. :D

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

ew @ ian's mustache
The Internet knows all your secrets

stlkr
Learner
Learner

Post by stlkr »

And they unfollowed each other. And Ian started following Troye's bf lol. That was fast!

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

stlkr wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:00 pm
And they unfollowed each other. And Ian started following Troye's bf lol. That was fast!
Ouch!...post-breakup message sent...loud and clear: 'I too (just like your ex) prefer the other guy over you.'

IMO, Connor deserves better.

Kokopelli96
Learner
Learner

Post by Kokopelli96 »

On another subject, is there any reason for Connor to remain in LA?

He's no longer doing Youtube, or collaborating with other people.
He doesn't seem to be hands-on with the day-to-day management of HeardWell.
Common Culture is dead.
He mentioned several times that he doesn't care for the Youtube culture, the fake people, and tries to get away from LA every chance he gets.
He's starting some sort of talk show...it probably won't get any tractions or views if it doesn't include those "fake" people that he's not very fond of. At this moment, does he even have the clout to attract the Youtube A-listers (J Starr, Shane, Dobrik, J Charles, etc.) to be on his show?

My guess is that within the next 12-18 months, Connor will private most of his Youtube videos, sell his LA home, and move back to Minnesota.

Your thoughts?

Post by Guest »

This guy’s life seems like a total mess. I would have bet good money on him topping himself around mid 2016.
Good for him that he’s still around, but what is he doing with his life besides running marathons.

Does it seriously surprise anyone that this Ian guy is not around anymore. Connor has (like most Youtubers) no education. That is all fine and dandy when you try to impress pre-teens, but not if you plan to date UCLA students.

Does anyone seriously think that anyone with a college education will be impressed by Connor’s poetry or photography, if they’ve read Yeats or Auden; seen photos by Robert Capa or Brassaï?

He should not go back to Minnesota. He’s probably earned more money than most people make in a lifetime. Why doesn’t he go back to uni? Or move somewhere with an actual art-scene, like NY, London, Paris?

I like this guy and don’t wish him any harm, but if you watch his videos past 2015 you get the impression that a healthy, fun and somewhat manic boy turned into a haggard, spiteful lesbo-spinster.

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBasicBitch »

steffenalastor wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 am
I like this guy and don’t wish him any harm, but if you watch his videos past 2015 you get the impression that a healthy, fun and somewhat manic boy turned into a haggard, spiteful lesbo-spinster.
funny cuz it's true :rofl:
I hope he's doing fine. I don't think moving back to home would make any difference. He probably still has his social circle in LA and feels home there after all these years. But oh how are mighty have fallen.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone seen Connor’s coffee table chitchat on Youtube:
“Loud&Clear | Scotty Sire, Gabbie Hanna, Eva Gutowski, Connor Franta | Mental Health & Burnout”

I don’t want to belittle the psychological struggles of these guys,
but the video should be called “I can’t deal with rejection.”

There are children who train in a sport since they were 6. How many of them go to the Olympics 1 in 10.000? How many are cast to become professional athletes?

Brilliant people work their buts off for 6 years or more to get a PhD and then never find a publisher or a job; and their papers are read by 40 people in academia, of which 30 hate it.

And these guys work “very hard” on a Youtube video and it only gets 1/2 the expected views and 1/10 thumbs down.

They were unbelievable successful for a brief time and then its over. It happens all the time to all sorts of creative people and artists and every common buffoon everywhere.

This really is self-pity of the unhealthiest degree!

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Um, is Connor fishing for validity on IG or something? What is with the underwear pics? He claims that this was after intensive marathon training, but his body looks the same as it did when he used to do shirtless videos for views years back when he had a personality. Maybe, I've grown but he just doesn't seem to pull off the faux CK underwear model in a way he would have for me a few years ago...

I think what is best for Connor at this point is to move back to the midwest, find a man with a little more sense and just disappear into obscurity. Then on the off-chance that Troye is still relevant ten years or so from now, write a scathing tell-all on him and the rest of the things he witnessed from the YT community. I'd hire a ghost writer though and not let him put his iPhone photography in it...

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

ballamyblue wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 pm
Um, is Connor fishing for validity on IG or something? What is with the underwear pics? He claims that this was after intensive marathon training, but his body looks the same as it did when he used to do shirtless videos for views years back when he had a personality. Maybe, I've grown but he just doesn't seem to pull off the faux CK underwear model in a way he would have for me a few years ago...

I think what is best for Connor at this point is to move back to the midwest, find a man with a little more sense and just disappear into obscurity. Then on the off-chance that Troye is still relevant ten years or so from now, write a scathing tell-all on him and the rest of the things he witnessed from the YT community. I'd hire a ghost writer though and not let him put his iPhone photography in it...
Yikes! You nailed the description on the head, tho.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

It kind of seems like his life is over at 26, thats such a shame. He seems like a nice guy underneath.

Post by Guest »

Cheesey wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:23 pm
It kind of seems like his life is over at 26, that's such a shame. He seems like a nice guy underneath.
Well, maybe that’s what happens when you’re a SJW and you concern yourself with all the injustices privileged white middle class kids experience instead of just cleaning your room.

Todays video actually sounds more like a half-assed suicide note than an “epiphany.”

Everything he shares online just makes me pity him.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Part of me feels bad for him. The other part just feels it is time to move on and him stalling as long as he has makes no sense. He makes it no secret that he hates the Hollywood/ LA scene. He doesn't seem to interact with ANY youtubers anymore. Plus, his money making schemes have dried up. The money he has left would last a lot longer in a less expensive area and at this point he probably would be better off taking whatever credits he can transfer and getting an associates or Bachelors degree. After reading both books, and suffering through his videos post O2L up until the end of Tronner really (admittedly because of his looks more than anything, because his content has been terrible), he is not going to do well in the real world. Which is where he is leading himself to. All the philosophical nonsense he spouts or wrote about is just complete BS that someone with way too much time on their hands would say.

Connor really needs to be used as a cautionary tail that while you can be the biggest social media influencer in the world for five minutes, you will just as quickly crash and burn. The worst part is, is that at 26 and the fact that it was like 2-4 years ago he still doesn't seem to have gotten over his first big relationship... I get that the song that is clearly about him on Bloom doesn't exactly come off very well (it honestly makes Troye look like a douche more than anything) but still Conner needs to move on... The world isn't so bad that he needs to be this big emotional wrecking ball... He used to have a personality. I mean, clearly there are A LOT more issues than just Troye because this emo nonsense started before they were even said to be a thing but yeah... He needs to just move past youtube already.

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBasicBitch »

I didn't watch the new video but even from the thumbnail and title i can tell it's another self-pity galore and i can't bring myself to watch it. He's been complaining about the same stuff for quite some time now yet he doesn't change anything. He should just move on an do something different. It's almost annoying now.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

TheBasicBitch wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:50 am
I didn't watch the new video but even from the thumbnail and title i can tell it's another self-pity galore and i can't bring myself to watch it. He's been complaining about the same stuff for quite some time now yet he doesn't change anything. He should just move on an do something different. It's almost annoying now.
He was bitching about how your twenties is this strange stretch of time where you are finding yourself. He is going to be in for a rude awakening at 36 when he still doesn't know what he is doing. He needs to just move on... He is going to be in a marathon supposedly, and I'm sure someone will film him running and he will do a voice over about making goals that sounds pretty but doesn't really mean anything.

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBasicBitch »

ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 am
He was bitching about how your twenties is this strange stretch of time where you are finding yourself. He is going to be in for a rude awakening at 36 when he still doesn't know what he is doing. He needs to just move on... He is going to be in a marathon supposedly, and I'm sure someone will film him running and he will do a voice over about making goals that sounds pretty but doesn't really mean anything.
He probably doesn't understand that preparing for a marathon isn't a job and normally people do this as a hobby on the side while working fulltime :roll: Compared to that it's not even a great accomplishment. He still thinks the world owes him something and alle he does is compalin.

Post by Guest »

From Holy Motors.
This is how it's going to end.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

TheBasicBitch wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am
ballamyblue wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 am
He probably doesn't understand that preparing for a marathon isn't a job and normally people do this as a hobby on the side while working fulltime :roll: Compared to that it's not even a great accomplishment. He still thinks the world owes him something and alle he does is compalin.
I honestly have to wonder what he does all day long considering he doesn't make regular content. Even when he did it was like five minutes or less long... I realize that he used to do business stuff with his lousy brand but he doesn't seem to have one anymore.

Return to “Connor Franta”