Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Post by icedcoffeeaddict »

ceebee wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:02 am
the only times I had recruiters look me up was on linkedin, because I applied for staffing agency jobs. So I've never dealt with this. Then again I have no social media except Snapchat and IG but I don't have my full name. rookie mistake of her posting it on twitter, because the recruiter probably checked again, and won't call her back for the next interview.
Social media is her life, you'd think she'd be smarter about what she posts where.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

ceebee wrote: If the job she's applying to isn't social media they shouldn't be asking her that, or even looking her up that's weird. most recruiters I've dealt with are younger and should understand that social media is a huge part of millennials daily lives. as someone who' knows many people that graduated I follow them on Instagram and they all get drunk every weekend, even during the week. THEY ARE SOMEONES BOSS in the corporate world, post about smoking weed. Its 2019 and this is what we do. Who cares? I had a recruiter once tell me we always go out as team outings to drink? She probably shouldn't have told me that in the first interview but she did. Things are different now..
I think you're underestimating the weight that social media carries these days. Social media might not be related to the position that she's applying to at all, but it sure does help them get a better idea of who she is as a person. Yes, who cares if we smoke and drink outside of work (or even at work, I know you've mentioned it's part of some office culture) but be smart about what you are posting. You represent the company you work for - if a hiring manager can do a quick google search and find something they don't agree with, so can clients/investors/etc. The whole image is important.

Hoe4Christmas
Informer
Informer

Post by Hoe4Christmas »

“guys i have NO time”...gets a spray tan, nails done, etc.

she has like 20 pairs of the SAME sunglasses

life must be pretty nice when the hardest thing you have to do is pack for spring break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

I'm probably going to get some hate for this first comment but generally, I like Brooke. She does have her priviledged, cluless moments but she has a much better head on her shoulders than Danielle. That being said, I'm currently listening to the gals on the go podcast from today. Brooke needs to seriously shut up about drinking. I know theres an allure about being (semi) newly 21, but she does not need to validate herself or explain herself. She's 21 and needs to get over herself when it comes to constantly mentioning drinking. I cant really tell if she's trying to show off the fact that she actually can drink now or if she's genuinely explaining herself to avoid hate comments. First she addresses the colton situation and says she was buzzed at the time she commented. Then she talks about how she was day drinking "margs" in Tampa. Now she's saying that Miami has made her fall in love with clubs but that when she's 25 she wont be "living in whatever city going out clubbing but definitely will on vacation." lol Brooke what?? I'm 24 and live in a city with great nightlife. I have just as great of a social life as I did in college. I also keep wine and liquor in my house, which is what adults do. It's OKAY to go out and have fun after college. Why does Brooke act like social life is over after you graduate? And why does she think she has to constantly address everyone every time she gets a drink? It's just super annoying.

In regard to Danielle and Brooke "dating" out of no where- At southern schools (at least in my experience) fraternity and sorority date parties are a dime a dozen. Going with someone to one of those functions can't really be considered "dating." Sure people in college have actual boyfriends and girlfriends, but most people go with a different person to each party. It's really not a big deal at all. They sound a little stupid.

Post by Guest »

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 am

life must be pretty nice when the hardest thing you have to do is pack for spring break

But that's what a "Girl Boss" does right? No actual work while claiming to be busy all the time? #GirlBossGoals :rofl:

abigail
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abigail »

ceebee wrote: Youtubers are so delusional. Yes you have saved 50,000 because you did YouTube since you were probably 15, and every post is sponsored. So clickbait, because it’s unrelatable. She should go invest in some skincare too. Your first year of college is a hard adjustment, and the stress with finding a job is such a bitch. Morgan’s first year out of college video was so stupid too because all she did was travel. Not everyone is going to backpack post college. Some of us have to grind to pay student debt dumbass girls I swear
wrong forum I think but I agree lmao

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverkaikhaod »

Hoe4Christmas wrote:

I was so disgusting by the sheer amount of clothing/shoes/accessories she had. Did y’all see that giant pile of bags by the door of her closet in her office?!

ayemtee
Learner
Learner

Post by ayemtee »

ceebee wrote: anyone see her website? Lmao once again the outfits...
Just checked it out and already see about three typos/instances of incorrect grammar on the About page. I also like how she teases a blog post as a "surprise" -- like either you are or you aren't going to blog, Danielle, don't set something up just to be inconsistent.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

foreverkaikhaod wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm
Hoe4Christmas wrote:

I was so disgusting by the sheer amount of clothing/shoes/accessories she had. Did y’all see that giant pile of bags by the door of her closet in her office?!
VERY. As someone who is trying to live a somewhat zero-waste lifestyle it's incredibly disheartening to see influencers with a such a huge following leading such a consumeristic lifestyle. No one needs all that shit, and I hope her younger followers don't think thats normal. What's wrong with having just one good pair of sunglasses?

Just to shame her here too, another Youtuber almost as bad as Danielle for this is Abby Asselin. Stop buying so many things you don't need!!!!!

dramatime98
Learner
Learner

Post by dramatime98 »

almic8 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:17 am
Danielle’s latest instagram- Delaney looks like she’s been stretched out, no? In videos and on her own instagram she looks tiny but this photo is confusing
Thats probably why danielle posted it lol... she was like omg i look skinny next to a skinny girl!! they will think im tiny!!!!

dramatime98
Learner
Learner

Post by dramatime98 »

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:44 am
that bikini pic was so smoothed out. i mean i do it too, but she seems so anti photoshop when she talks. practice what u preach dani

She went thru a phase last year when she was editing her body smaller soooooo

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

dramatime98 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:18 pm
Hoe4Christmas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:44 am
that bikini pic was so smoothed out. i mean i do it too, but she seems so anti photoshop when she talks. practice what u preach dani

She went thru a phase last year when she was editing her body smaller soooooo
does she still have those photos up? I would be curious to see them lol

emeraldgirrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emeraldgirrl »

ceebee wrote: If the job she's applying to isn't social media they shouldn't be asking her that, or even looking her up that's weird. most recruiters I've dealt with are younger and should understand that social media is a huge part of millennials daily lives. as someone who' knows many people that graduated I follow them on Instagram and they all get drunk every weekend, even during the week. THEY ARE SOMEONES BOSS in the corporate world, post about smoking weed. Its 2019 and this is what we do. Who cares? I had a recruiter once tell me we always go out as team outings to drink? She probably shouldn't have told me that in the first interview but she did. Things are different now..
I disagree, it's neither weird nor unusual for an interviewer to look up an applicant's social media for vetting. This applies to jobs, education, even couples looking to adopt/foster (@nikki phillippi). I'm only a year older than Brooke and I've been told since basically 6th grade to be careful what I put on the internet because the internet is forever. My office has a huge drinking culture too, but that doesn't mean my company's CEO (a 29-year-old in Manhattan) posts on his personal social media profiles about getting drunk and commenting on Bachelor instagrams. He keeps that for private conversations.

In all honesty, Brooke likely envisioned the job search like this: she puts her resume out on linkedin with metrics for her channel and instagram and companies will be interested because having "a lot of followers," she must know something about social media analytics or digital marketing (combined with her degree, depending on her GPA). They'll check out her videos and her tweets and think she's so hilarious and relatable and could totally manage their brand's twitter account like the sassy person who runs Moon Pie or whatever. Or she's applying to places like Barstool that have sections of content dedicated to hot women talking about guys and drinking and pop culture. Either way she's vastly overestimating her market value considering everyone and their dog is an influencer/microinfluencer.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

what you post on your social media accounts may or may not impact your job search depending on the fields you're looking to go into. i think for brooke, it makes A LOT of sense given her "work experience" (which i use very loosely lol) almost completely revolves around her youtube/instagram/twitter accounts for herself. if her applications, cover letters, and resumes all talk about how she's built a following on her own accounts as an influencer, i think it's 100% fair game for people to look her up and ask questions about her posts. based on my experience as a non-influencer working in a different field, i would say i don't think that's as likely in other industries, or if your work experience doesn't revolve around your personal brand, but it's still a possibility.

freepeoplelover_
Talker
Talker

Post by freepeoplelover_ »

Guys. I have THE TEA. If you go to her stupid website she has all of her social medias linked, including linkedin. Her linkedin says shes a fashion merchandising major. Girl didn't get into Grady.

trashtalk_77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by trashtalk_77 »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 pm
foreverkaikhaod wrote:
Hoe4Christmas wrote:

VERY. As someone who is trying to live a somewhat zero-waste lifestyle it's incredibly disheartening to see influencers with a such a huge following leading such a consumeristic lifestyle. No one needs all that shit, and I hope her younger followers don't think thats normal. What's wrong with having just one good pair of sunglasses?

Just to shame her here too, another Youtuber almost as bad as Danielle for this is Abby Asselin. Stop buying so many things you don't need!!!!!
I'm so glad you brought up Abby because I've been watching her for awhile and really like her but lately I've been realizing she's kind of delusional in certain things. She's constantly buying new clothes and saying she needs it but then in other videos says she doesn't need any more clothes. Then the other day she claimed she pays for all her stuff but in a video not too long ago she had said her parents pay her rent, etc because they paid for her brothers stuff..like idk why these people can't be honest with their viewers/own up to shit or just not say anything at all.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

trashtalk_77 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:01 am
kdoggy21 wrote:
foreverkaikhaod wrote:
Hoe4Christmas wrote:

I'm so glad you brought up Abby because I've been watching her for awhile and really like her but lately I've been realizing she's kind of delusional in certain things. She's constantly buying new clothes and saying she needs it but then in other videos says she doesn't need any more clothes. Then the other day she claimed she pays for all her stuff but in a video not too long ago she had said her parents pay her rent, etc because they paid for her brothers stuff..like idk why these people can't be honest with their viewers/own up to shit or just not say anything at all.
I wish there was a thread for her, there are so many things that I could go off on. I generally like her videos, and she seems likeable, but she's so dumb in some ways. She always says she doesn't spend a lot of money on clothes, but she has a new freaking haul in every video!!! Like maybe spend a bit more money on clothes and don't just throw them away/sell them after one wear?! And don't get me started on her "nutrition tips". I think her parents are paying for all of the big ticket items (rent/tuition/car etc) and all of the Youtube money is fun money., which is going mostly to fucking pub-subs and frutta bowls :roll: :roll:

Sorry back to Danielle now :love2:

Nycgirl65
Learner
Learner

Post by Nycgirl65 »

Brooke is from Northport Long Island. She’s never lived in New Jersey so what are you talking about??
ihateytgurus wrote: Danielle wouldn’t last a week in a regular job. Neither would Brooke. All Brooke does is bitch and whine about how boring and awful her internship was this summer, and last summer when she didn’t like it she straight up quit after like 3 weeks. These two are immature, delusional girls who are fucked when they move to NYC. Danielle is in a better situation because dr creepy daddy will pay for her rent, but Brooke said she can’t even afford to live in the city. She’s not even living in the state of New York! She’s stuck in Jersey. Danielle will never budget her money or work hard to have an actual career because she’s too busy living in lalaland where it’s okay to buy yourself $9,000 of Cartier jewelry for no reason whatsoever.

Jonasluvr4evr
Debater
Debater

Post by Jonasluvr4evr »

Sorry not sorry...paying somebody to set up a website for you (Emma) and paying the $18 a month to keep it up is not a girl boss move

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 am
trashtalk_77 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:01 am
kdoggy21 wrote:
foreverkaikhaod wrote:
Hoe4Christmas wrote:

I wish there was a thread for her, there are so many things that I could go off on. I generally like her videos, and she seems likeable, but she's so dumb in some ways. She always says she doesn't spend a lot of money on clothes, but she has a new freaking haul in every video!!! Like maybe spend a bit more money on clothes and don't just throw them away/sell them after one wear?! And don't get me started on her "nutrition tips". I think her parents are paying for all of the big ticket items (rent/tuition/car etc) and all of the Youtube money is fun money., which is going mostly to fucking pub-subs and frutta bowls :roll: :roll:

Sorry back to Danielle now :love2:
To be fair, Abby's hauls are free clothing she gets from scammy websites.

Return to “Danielle Marie Carolan”