ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Re: ED Recovery Influencers/Vloggers

Post by Guest »

i_cannot_even wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am
Ugh I agree. The way he said "you're about to eat like a normal person" while ordering a cookie skillet and a milkshake made me feel uncomfortable
I feel like he used this challenge as an excuse to go all out and make her feel uncomfortable. I get it, ED recovery is all about challenging yourself, but this was just a bit too far. Unless if they're hungover or pregnant, which even then is probably not advised, a normal person wouldn't pig out on both a cookie skillet and a milkshake.They'd usually order one or the other and if they did get both, they'd probably split them with another person or two. Even their waitress made a comment about how much sugar he ordered. A normal person wouldn't eat during a super late flight when everyone else is trying to sleep. They'd try to adapt to the time zone or else that'd ruin the vacation.

He kept saying "Oh it's not polite to go to someone's house and refuse their meals yadda yadda and the airplane is like a giant house" :roll: really? You can't compare an airplane to a house. These stewards are required to give you food because it's part of their job. When the average host or hostess asks if you want food, they are actually going out of their way to be welcoming to you. If someone is giving you something because they have to and are being paid for it, that doesn't mean you have to take on the offer. One scenario is way more personal than the other.

angelgoddess13
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by angelgoddess13 »

intotheohno95 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:33 pm
i_cannot_even wrote: Ugh I agree. The way he said "you're about to eat like a normal person" while ordering a cookie skillet and a milkshake made me feel uncomfortable
I feel like he used this challenge as an excuse to go all out and make her feel uncomfortable. I get it, ED recovery is all about challenging yourself, but this was just a bit too far. Unless if they're hungover or pregnant, which even then is probably not advised, a normal person wouldn't pig out on both a cookie skillet and a milkshake.They'd usually order one or the other and if they did get both, they'd probably split them with another person or two. Even their waitress made a comment about how much sugar he ordered. A normal person wouldn't eat during a super late flight when everyone else is trying to sleep. They'd try to adapt to the time zone or else that'd ruin the vacation.

He kept saying "Oh it's not polite to go to someone's house and refuse their meals yadda yadda and the airplane is like a giant house" :roll: really? You can't compare an airplane to a house. These stewards are required to give you food because it's part of their job. When the average host or hostess asks if you want food, they are actually going out of their way to be welcoming to you. If someone is giving you something because they have to and are being paid for it, that doesn't mean you have to take on the offer. One scenario is way more personal than the other.

There is not right way to be a SO to someone with en ED. Maybe this is what she needs? SO are either not doing enough or doing too much. From watching Rebecca alot, she often has to be pushed. If you watch her other videos, she sometimes talks herself out or around the issue, so maybe he feels that he has to be pushy to be helpful. I don't see any point in disparaging SO trying to help when there are SO's on YT who are straight up enabling and encouraging the ED **cough****cough** Jeff Nipard**cough****cough**

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

angelgoddessdelete3 wrote:
intotheohno95 wrote:

There is not right way to be a SO to someone with en ED. Maybe this is what she needs? SO are either not doing enough or doing too much. From watching Rebecca alot, she often has to be pushed. If you watch her other videos, she sometimes talks herself out or around the issue, so maybe he feels that he has to be pushy to be helpful. I don't see any point in disparaging SO trying to help when there are SO's on YT who are straight up enabling and encouraging the ED **cough****cough** Jeff Nipard**cough****cough**
Yeah, tbf I haven’t watched the video and I may have my own feelings because of how I was pushed in my recovery. But for example if she was in a treatment setting she might be pushed to do some big challenges like this. Not to demonstrate what eating should look like but just to show you if you eat way more or more decadently than normal for just a day it won’t really do anything bad to you. Especially since binges do happen for a lot of people in recovery from ALL types of eds and you just gotta go back to normal eating the next day and not use behaviors to compensate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i_cannot_even
Lurker
Lurker

Post by i_cannot_even »

angelgoddessdelete3 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 am
intotheohno95 wrote:

I see your point. I agree that the way her SO acts might be helpful to her if she needs to be pushed. Maybe I am just so used to being surrounded by people who are constantly restricting themselves that I forgot what does it mean to eat like a normal person. But tbh I never saw someone to casually eat a whole cookie skillet and a milkshake in the airport just because they felt slightly hungry.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

SO I somehow came across this ED recovery youtube called Elzani and I just get the weirdest vibes from her and her family. You can tell she is so beyond obsessed with food that honestly it's upsetting to watch. I'd be interested to know others opinions on her as something is just so off and I can't put my finger on it.

xylonkinder
Learner
Learner

Post by xylonkinder »

anyone here follow Stephanie Marie Frank? I really like her and enjoy the random food combos she throws together

likestolurk
Talker
Talker

Post by likestolurk »

Has anyone watched Macy Eleni? She is a little over the top, but doesn't rant constantly about recovery like Jen Bretty.

ihatetheinternet
Learner
Learner

Post by ihatetheinternet »

macro friendly wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:03 am
SO I somehow came across this ED recovery youtube called Elzani and I just get the weirdest vibes from her and her family. You can tell she is so beyond obsessed with food that honestly it's upsetting to watch. I'd be interested to know others opinions on her as something is just so off and I can't put my finger on it.
I agree. A lot of the comments on her videos urge her to get help from a therapist, but she never replies to those. It's really strange how she isn't seeing (or if she is, she's never mentioned it) some type of professional to help her. The way she relies on her mother, in particular, is very sad.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

I can’t stand MerryRose Howley. She triggers me soooo much! That girl has such a restrictive diet and she promotes it as a recovery diet. More like how to obsess over making sure everything that you eat is healthy and plant based and natural and no added sugar and « clean ». I’m sorry but that girl has some serious orthorexic tendencies.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

emlamp10n wrote:I can’t stand MerryRose Howley. She triggers me soooo much! That girl has such a restrictive diet and she promotes it as a recovery diet. More like how to obsess over making sure everything that you eat is healthy and plant based and natural and no added sugar and « clean ». I’m sorry but that girl has some serious orthorexic tendencies.

Thank you. I commented probably a year back about that and she told me that my concern was a reflection of my own ED. Never mind I’ve been in recovery longer and can smell bullshit a mile away. I used to sit and seethe about how Unrecovered these “recovery bloggers” are but now I can’t even watch. They’re all the same. “Conquering” the same fear food over and over living their life revolves around food. Bonus points if they’re vegan but you’re pretty sure it’s not for the animals.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

What is up with StefMarie? She’s been making recovery FDOE videos for A YEAR AND A HALF.... like wtf?! Is she ever actually going to be recovered or is she just living in a constant in between state (not recovered but not fully sick). It’s been 2 years and she still hasn’t reached a healthy weight... does she even truly apply all of the advice she preaches??
I used to love her but now I’m seriously starting to ask myself some questions

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

emlamp10n wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm
What is up with StefMarie? She’s been making recovery FDOE videos for A YEAR AND A HALF.... like wtf?! Is she ever actually going to be recovered or is she just living in a constant in between state (not recovered but not fully sick). It’s been 2 years and she still hasn’t reached a healthy weight... does she even truly apply all of the advice she preaches??

Nope. You can weight restore real quick if you put your mind to it. :roll: She's totally just sitting at a spot where the doctors aren't pushing because she won't keel over dead tomorrow, but she's not healthy. Quasi-recovery is what almost every SM recovery persona I've encountered falls under. If they ever get their ass off SM and stop posting FDOE they might just be recovering.

emlamp10n
Debater
Debater

Post by emlamp10n »

treelee wrote:
emlamp10n wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Nope. You can weight restore real quick if you put your mind to it. :roll: She's totally just sitting at a spot where the doctors aren't pushing because she won't keel over dead tomorrow, but she's not healthy. Quasi-recovery is what almost every SM recovery persona I've encountered falls under. If they ever get their ass off SM and stop posting FDOE they might just be recovering.
It’s just so hypocritical. She’s like: « just eat more, you want to gain weight as fast as possible so all of this over. » meanwhile, 2 years later still hasn’t fully restored a healthy weight. Like girl?! Do what you preach. And also she promotes variety.. she literally has been eating the same thing every day for 2 years, like I actually know what she’s going to eat before I watch her video and I’m always right... oh wait now she eats spinach, that’s new Image

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

macro friendly wrote:
Elzani is a strange one I agree. She has severe OCD/Ritualistic tendencies coinciding with her anorexia and for 22/23 she is extremely immature and dependent on her mother.
She appears to enjoy food when she actually allows herself to have it but that isn't before she's spoken to the camera about it e.g. 'biscoff spread' for at least 20 minutes first.
Her sisters seem more a bit more normal at least. I wonder what they think of having a big sister like this. Elzani needs real professional help before her mother has a breakdown .

i_cannot_even
Lurker
Lurker

Post by i_cannot_even »

LipstickLashes wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 am
macro friendly wrote:
Elzani is a strange one I agree. She has severe OCD/Ritualistic tendencies coinciding with her anorexia and for 22/23 she is extremely immature and dependent on her mother.
She appears to enjoy food when she actually allows herself to have it but that isn't before she's spoken to the camera about it e.g. 'biscoff spread' for at least 20 minutes first.
Her sisters seem more a bit more normal at least. I wonder what they think of having a big sister like this. Elzani needs real professional help before her mother has a breakdown .

I cannot believe she is 22! She acts very infantile. Also, it seems like she does not study/have a job. I understand that she is probably too to ill to do any of that, but it seems to be contributing to her obsession with food. If she doesn't have anything to do besides talking about food and filming her "recovery", then how can you expect her to become less attached to food?
She seems like a genuinely sweet person. She is just very very ill. And yes, I agree that her family is very weird. They are all super supportive, but she needs someone to give her a reality check.

idontknowwhat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by idontknowwhat »

treelee wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:06 pm
Thank you. I commented probably a year back about that and she told me that my concern was a reflection of my own ED. Never mind I’ve been in recovery longer and can smell bullshit a mile away. I used to sit and seethe about how Unrecovered these “recovery bloggers” are but now I can’t even watch. They’re all the same. “Conquering” the same fear food over and over living their life revolves around food. Bonus points if they’re vegan but you’re pretty sure it’s not for the animals.

Honestly, I watch Merryrose strictly when I want to see someone who is incredibly skinny and eats incredibly clean because I want to be like that... so it pisses me off that she says she's fully recovered and then tells others who criticize her that they're just projecting their own ED onto her; it's incredibly triggering. FFS, she drinks a giant cup of coffee with a teaspoon of almond milk every morning and eats, like, nothing but carrots and apples for snacks in between meals... and every other video is a "what I eat in a day." I'm not gonna tell her she's not recovered because that feels kind of armchair, but at the very least she could stop making videos about her clean eating with her tiny body as thumbnails.

sparda
Learner
Learner

Post by sparda »

I love Rebecca Leung everyday more. Her videos are unusually smart in the ED recovery community.

Angelsrest8
Talker
Talker

Post by Angelsrest8 »

sparda wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:51 am
I love Rebecca Leung everyday more. Her videos are unusually smart in the ED recovery community.
Normally I am a big fan of her but the last video was so not okay for me. I really do not like that she kinda used her mum for her video and forced herself like this and someone sat next to her filming her whily crying a good 10-20-30 minutes. This is just so wrong.

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

Angelsrest8 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:29 am
sparda wrote:
Normally I am a big fan of her but the last video was so not okay for me. I really do not like that she kinda used her mum for her video and forced herself like this and someone sat next to her filming her whily crying a good 10-20-30 minutes. This is just so wrong.
Completely agree. It was almost like comparing an ED to cancer and just something about it completely rubbed me the wrong way. I want to like her but there's something about her that makes me raise an eyebrow. I haven't checked in a while but once I clicked on the link to her 'website' in her YT bio and apparently she offers ED recovery coaching which screams bad idea.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

macro friendly wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:41 am
Angelsrest8 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:29 am
sparda wrote:
Completely agree. It was almost like comparing an ED to cancer and just something about it completely rubbed me the wrong way. I want to like her but there's something about her that makes me raise an eyebrow. I haven't checked in a while but once I clicked on the link to her 'website' in her YT bio and apparently she offers ED recovery coaching which screams bad idea.
same. her mom should have been the main focus of that video and not her trying to get to 5k calories b.c she wanted to challenge herself for her mom.
:roll: i was embarrassed for her after watching and if shes truly offering ED recovery "coaching" then i can't roll my eyes enough. not qualified, how many times do people need to hear this? You had/have an ED, you arent' qualified to help anyone else recover. good god.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”