Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Health & Fitness Chat - Part 3

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

nuyel1809 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:48 pm
Hello all how are you?

First of all ill suggest to japeterson42 that, don't start with heavyweight, leat's start with lightweight otherwise it could hurt your muscle and the chances is that you could be fed up with the exercise very soon. So start should always light and healthy like a healthy diet. I 'll suggest you, everyone, if you want a healthy lifestyle then start with your day with 2 glass of water and then exercise and never skip your breakfast. Breakfast is must, and always keep in mind breakfast should be heavy then lunch must be light and dinner should be very light.
So stay healthy everyone.
Good luck!

I literally do the opposite of all this advice and I've been lifting for 5 years and I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been. Actually, lifting heavy off the bat and see the progression and changes that I was able to make in my body is what got me hooked. I personally never eat breakfast, break my fast with a light lunch around 1-3PM, and eat a large dinner and that's what works for me. However, everyone is different, you just have to find what works best for you and your goals.

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

just bought one of those happy skin co hand held laser hair removal products and got it today! excited to try it
lmaooo

sunnysplash
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysplash »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:01 pm
nuyel1809 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:48 pm
Hello all how are you?

First of all ill suggest to japeterson42 that, don't start with heavyweight, leat's start with lightweight otherwise it could hurt your muscle and the chances is that you could be fed up with the exercise very soon. So start should always light and healthy like a healthy diet. I 'll suggest you, everyone, if you want a healthy lifestyle then start with your day with 2 glass of water and then exercise and never skip your breakfast. Breakfast is must, and always keep in mind breakfast should be heavy then lunch must be light and dinner should be very light.
So stay healthy everyone.
Good luck!

I literally do the opposite of all this advice and I've been lifting for 5 years and I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been. Actually, lifting heavy off the bat and see the progression and changes that I was able to make in my body is what got me hooked. I personally never eat breakfast, break my fast with a light lunch around 1-3PM, and eat a large dinner and that's what works for me. However, everyone is different, you just have to find what works best for you and your goals.
No no, this is The Formula, didn't you hear? You have to eat breakfast to jump start your metabolism, and two glasses of water detoxify your googly glands. So there ya go! /s

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Anyone have suggestions for a good protein powder to add to oatmeal that doesn't taste horrible? I used to use PE Science Snickerdoodle years ago but I'd rather not purchase that again.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:Anyone have suggestions for a good protein powder to add to oatmeal that doesn't taste horrible? I used to use PE Science Snickerdoodle years ago but I'd rather not purchase that again.
My protein is delicious. Natural vanilla is my go to but many others on here noted many flavors are amazing.
I mostly do mine as shakes or mixed w kodiak cakes tho!
Salted caramel
Mocha
All good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiskeyweights
Debater
Debater

Post by whiskeyweights »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:21 am
Anyone have suggestions for a good protein powder to add to oatmeal that doesn't taste horrible? I used to use PE Science Snickerdoodle years ago but I'd rather not purchase that again.
Anytime i mix whey with hot oatmeal, the texture is really weird or it doesn't mix properly. I've found vegan protein mixes best but thats just my personal opinion!

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
ON milk/double choc work well with oatmeal for me.

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Spid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 am
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
ON milk/double choc work well with oatmeal for me.
Hm, ON double chocolate is always my go to protein powder but I thought it might be weird in oatmeal. I'll give it a shot. If not I'll go with the myprotein one. Thanks all

screensiren
Debater
Debater

Post by screensiren »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:08 pm
screensiren wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm
I remember on page 8 someone posted an Amazon link so some good cheap wireless headphones but the link is gone; any other reccomendations?
I gotchu boo. I've since upgraded to Bose wireless headphones but tbh, these are seriously almost as good for a fraction of the cost...

THANK YOU BOO!!!

Too Wong Fu
Talker
Talker

Post by Too Wong Fu »

So I just saw on a random fit person's IG stories, a post saying they cry while lifting. And then a video of her crying while hip thrusting??? I'm just curious if y'all have ever done this yourself or seen this before?

FakinFakinFakin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Too Wong Fu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:41 am
So I just saw on a random fit person's IG stories, a post saying they cry while lifting. And then a video of her crying while hip thrusting??? I'm just curious if y'all have ever done this yourself or seen this before?
LOL what. I have never cried while lifting.

Too Wong Fu
Talker
Talker

Post by Too Wong Fu »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:46 am
Too Wong Fu wrote:
Lol yes! Like girl maybe this just isn't right for you?!

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

Too Wong Fu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 am
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Too Wong Fu wrote:
Why were they crying? Pain? :?

Too Wong Fu
Talker
Talker

Post by Too Wong Fu »

pbjnfit wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:11 pm
Too Wong Fu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 am
FakinFakinFakin wrote:
Too Wong Fu wrote:
Why were they crying? Pain? :?

Not exactly sure tbh! Difficulty I guess? Idk she was hip thrusting lol

krg123xx
Learner
Learner

Post by krg123xx »

i cried while lifting today... only because i had a lot on my mind and its almost shark week :(

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Yeah, I almost cried after a set the other week because I had a lot on my mind, but that was my cue to leave. The gym was just not happening at that point. I'd argue crying could distract you on certain lifts and put you at risk of injury.

Too Wong Fu
Talker
Talker

Post by Too Wong Fu »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:44 pm
treelee wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:40 pm
Yeah, I almost cried after a set the other week because I had a lot on my mind, but that was my cue to leave. The gym was just not happening at that point. I'd argue crying could distract you on certain lifts and put you at risk of injury.
100%. I've had multiple workout sessions completely wrecked before because of work texts and I wasn't even crying! When something (whether it be emotional, work/life stress, etc) gets you out of the "zone", I completely believe it could lead to increased risk of injury. You have to focus when lifting weights!
I've definitely been there (get completely distracted/something takes me out of the "zone"), I've just not personally experienced crying while lifting, so it seemed odd to me, seems like maybe I was wrong!

pbjnfit
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pbjnfit »

What does everyone know about 1st phorm?

sigma3zl
Talker
Talker

Post by sigma3zl »

pbjnfit wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:22 am
What does everyone know about 1st phorm?
It's basically a MLM for supplements.

Quality is mediocre, products way overpriced.

Stay away from proprietary blends

Fitinthemaking
Talker
Talker

Post by Fitinthemaking »

Has anyone here actually noticed a difference in performance drinking pre-workout vs no pre-workout?
I feel like all I find in google is people raving about them because they're sponsored or PT bashing them and saying they're a waste of money but I haven't heard any reviews from people who take them.

Return to “Fitness”