18 days without a vid

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Safiya Nygaard (Part 2)

Post by Im-A-Doll »

I'm completely baffled with that pic, like wtf is the new video going to be about when the teaser pic is her holding lipstick and a hand blender. :roll:

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

My guess is using "technically edible" makeup to bake/cook with. Since they look like Bite lipsticks and those are known to be safe to ingest (and smell like lemon icing). Or maybe she'll try to make her own makeup at home, or DIY dupes for edible lipstick and see if it comes out the same as the manufacturer, or use food products as makeup?

I think Buzzfeed did a video back in their heyday of reaction videos where some employees ate organic cosmetics -- maybe that was Saf's idea? Either way, she knows the formula for those types of videos work and it fits her channel so none of the above would surprise me :|

bluelemonwater
Talker
Talker

Post by bluelemonwater »

do u guys think that during the trip to japan, saf and tyler spend more than they should and resulted in firing half of their team because they couldn't pay them??

Post by Guest »

bluelemonwater wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 am
do u guys think that during the trip to japan, saf and tyler spend more than they should and resulted in firing half of their team because they couldn't pay them??
Either that or they didn't take into account taxes and got hit hard and had to cut back?

But she makes it seem like they ditched her whilst they were away, which says to me that things had been shitty for a while with the 'team' and this just gave them time and chance to ditch them and make other plans in their absence.

As others said, the fact she seemingly hasn't replaced them and appears to be floundering this year also suggests more drama behind the scenes. Maybe you are onto something, perhaps they spent too much, too quickly in their first year or two and then got a reality check?

It is all very odd, for sure!

bluelemonwater
Talker
Talker

Post by bluelemonwater »

i think it was definitely the case of spending too much and too quickly. i don't think trip to japan was sponsored? it was not stated anywhere that it was sponsored.

edit: because of grammar lol

RustyRiley4
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RustyRiley4 »

Green Eyed Gemini wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:57 pm
^ Wow! I never really pay attention to the number of views, so I’m shocked that her “Dressing Like X Decade” got so fewer views than her stupid Wish ones. I love those decades videos—think they’re so fun and creative—and cannot believe people are more into the Wish hauls! Says a lot about YouTube viewers I guess. They don’t want to watch something they can learn from.
I feel like this says more about how YouTube as a website works rather than how YouTube viewers decide to choose videos. For example, many of the people I'm subscribed to do some kind of Wish themed video. If I watch a Wish themed video from creator A and liked it, I'm more likely to click on the Wish themed video that I see in the sidebar from creator B. Her more creative videos (decade dressing, dressing like X for a week, history of, etc) are definitely more unique; because of this, they're less likely to be tangentially related to something else I may be watching, and thus less likely to show up on the sidebar. Basically, I'm trying to say that I think it's a combination of 2 things: (1) many other creators on YouTube are making Wish videos, therefore making a web of Wish videos in the suggestion sidebar for people to click on, and (2) Wish videos appeal to a wider audience, so there's a good chance that someone on YouTube is already watching a Wish video from at least one other creator, again circling back to them being more likely to click on Saf's Wish video. Saf's subs give her the initial boost of views to make the video appear reliable/good to an unsuspecting person browsing the sidebar; when you see something in the suggestion sidebar that has millions of views, it almost makes you feel like you're missing out on a gem.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Safiya Nygaard (Part 2)

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

^ That’s a good point! I guess I was looking at the views more in terms of her subscribers and didn’t think about views from non-subscribers. But your explanation about the sidebar thing makes sense! Though I still do think that the sheer number of Wish videos in general says a lot about the YT viewing community lol supply and demand and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aziza
Learner
Learner

Post by aziza »

i think a big problem with saf's channel is that it's her and tayler's livelihood and job. i might have a more 'old school' view of yt but to me spending your whole life "working" from home but not having anyone to report to will lead to slacking if you don't absolutely need the money. i can't imagine living my life at home with my partner, having the same job, being together constantly - as much as i love him, it would drive me nuts. i like to have my space to thrive and succeed and for him too and not having to be together 24/7/depend on each other to be successful. i think that's one of the main issues that s&t are facing right now: they're making enough bank from old videos to be comfortable, so why not slack? particularly if they're at home a lot, that's your work space and your out-of-work space mixed up. i can imagine them sitting on the couch watching movies and one of them going "shall we just film tomorrow?" lmao i'm not trying to be mean, i used to /love/ saf and her content which is why it makes me sad to see her channel become so repetitive and boring. personally i would never be a yt full-time, it would just make me so lazy

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

Well, according to her last Instagram post, she's adopting the Shane Dawson business model of making longer videos and releasing every six months.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

They’re not longer because they actually contain more content tho. It’s just longer sequences of her doing ~quirky relatable awkward~ shit

Bop87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bop87 »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:50 pm
They’re not longer because they actually contain more content tho. It’s just longer sequences of her doing ~quirky relatable awkward~ shit

I was going to point that out also, they are only longer because she rambles on and doesn’t cut it out, not because they actually require more work

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

I wonder if this is for a video :roll:

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Ughhhh please no. Her makeup always bothers me so much. She thinks she’s so much better at it than she actually is.

Snotgirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Snotgirl »

I used to really enjoy her videos but they're so long and repetitive now that I constantly find myself skimming. Like, she just goes on and on about the concept. For example, in the "in-home spa" video all she had to say was "Oh the hot tub took forever to heat up so it took us two extra days lol" and then just show her using the tub. We didn't have to see a clip of EVERY SINGLE TIME it failed. It's just so tedious, you know? So i just hover my hand around the arrow key to just trudge along and see whats interesting. You can definitely tell she no longer has a team due to the lack of structure in her videos. She really should consider hiring someone to help manage her time and properly cut and edit videos so they're not so boring :/
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

PiinkFart wrote:Image

Ughhhh please no. Her makeup always bothers me so much. She thinks she’s so much better at it than she actually is.
Do you, Tyler, take Safiya’s eyebrows, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

jfc she's not good enough at makeup just hire someone to do your hair and makeup saf

happylemon
Learner
Learner

Post by happylemon »

Wouldn’t you want a professional to do your makeup (and hair, etc.)? So that’s one less thing to worry about on your wedding day.
Queen Latifah, give me strength!

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

I don't know why you wouldn't want to get your make up done on your wedding day. Wouldn't you want even if its just that one time to have the luxury of having someone professionally do your make up and hair? But tbh it's her wedding and if she want's to do it, i doubt it will change much.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She either already did some trials or knows an MUA would never do her makeup the way she does because it’s just not good or flattering. She wants her sharpie brows, greasy skin, and dry ass lips

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”