Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

Post by seacuddle »

lexlauren00 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm
Hey guys. First time poster on here. For someone whose been studying Fashion Merchandising and Marketing in a California State School (no, not fidm) for 4 years, I can say Louis' decision to choose her makes a lot of sense. I've done endless research on the luxury fashion industry and it's future regarding future generations. As much as it may seem like luxury fashion is at its peak, it has been on the decline for years. Studies prove that the younger generations just are not connecting to luxury and big name brands as much as older generations. Fast-fashion is a large contributor to this. Think about it. Our parents, grandparents, etc did not have new brands popping up daily with items being sold dirt cheap. Studies are showing that younger generations are not as "loyal" to brands like older generations are. For example, I bet a lot of you have parents who have used one single makeup brand for years whereas younger generations are dabbling in new brands everyday. Louis' decision to choose Emma comes from trying to target a new market. They want to keep the younger generations interested in high/luxury fashion. The difference in choosing an influencer who is fashion based, is that that influencer's followers are likely fashion fans themselves. Choosing Emma means opening their market to a brand new group of consumers, who may not have been interested in high fashion otherwise. It is simply a way to target a brand new market. As annoying as it may seem, it is a really smart move on Louis' part.
this is really interesting! I wonder if Emma's "sponsorship" type deal with Louis will have any impact to speak of on their sales? even if she's generating interest with this brand among younger people, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to afford it. OR i wonder if they're hoping other influencers will follow in Emma's footsteps and buy more Louis in hopes of getting a sponsorship.

greenappleflavors
Lurker
Lurker

Post by greenappleflavors »

Same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cherry_pie
Learner
Learner

Post by cherry_pie »

greenappleflavors wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm
Same
I’m no doctor, but that can’t be healthy

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

Hopefully she cleaned any mess she made... but knowing Emma...

lyddiemarie
Informer
Informer

Post by lyddiemarie »

greenappleflavors wrote:
Same
How???????? :(
"Doesn't matter - I'm a celebrity!" - James Charles, "MUA"

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

seacuddle wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm
lexlauren00 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm
Hey guys. First time poster on here. For someone whose been studying Fashion Merchandising and Marketing in a California State School (no, not fidm) for 4 years, I can say Louis' decision to choose her makes a lot of sense. I've done endless research on the luxury fashion industry and it's future regarding future generations. As much as it may seem like luxury fashion is at its peak, it has been on the decline for years. Studies prove that the younger generations just are not connecting to luxury and big name brands as much as older generations. Fast-fashion is a large contributor to this. Think about it. Our parents, grandparents, etc did not have new brands popping up daily with items being sold dirt cheap. Studies are showing that younger generations are not as "loyal" to brands like older generations are. For example, I bet a lot of you have parents who have used one single makeup brand for years whereas younger generations are dabbling in new brands everyday. Louis' decision to choose Emma comes from trying to target a new market. They want to keep the younger generations interested in high/luxury fashion. The difference in choosing an influencer who is fashion based, is that that influencer's followers are likely fashion fans themselves. Choosing Emma means opening their market to a brand new group of consumers, who may not have been interested in high fashion otherwise. It is simply a way to target a brand new market. As annoying as it may seem, it is a really smart move on Louis' part.
this is really interesting! I wonder if Emma's "sponsorship" type deal with Louis will have any impact to speak of on their sales? even if she's generating interest with this brand among younger people, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to afford it. OR i wonder if they're hoping other influencers will follow in Emma's footsteps and buy more Louis in hopes of getting a sponsorship.
I mean I hate to bring up the twins over and over again but since Emma went to Paris theyve been wearing more Louis.
That could also be because of their collab with Jeffree though, or a coincidence.

cat-astrophe
Learner
Learner

Post by cat-astrophe »

ballys404 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 am
loverlove2you wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 pm
Mosie926 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I watched the video when it was uploaded with Emma's lighting. The coloring of the bb cream was the color difference of her with her fake tan on(maybe a tad lighter). If we aren't calling white people who tan out, we can't call her out for being the same color she is when she tans. The girl does enough messed up stuff without people making stuff up for attention. FYI, I'm a dark skinned POC.
I’m a light skinned POC, but most of my family are brown skin so it still bothers me a lil bit. And correct me if my wrong maybe my friend is dumb lol but she’s white and she says MOST white people cant tan, they just burn and peel which is why they’ll get spray tans and tanning lotions. And the point of tans is to get a nice glow which is okay but not over do it where you look multiple shades darker than you actually are. And i’m speculating here, so we can’t call her out when she tans bc she can’t she probably burns which is why she resorts to tanning lotions. I don’t know all in all for a white person she should just have avoided it. Buuuuut i could be overreacting lol
This is old tea and probably annoying to talk about now so i’ll stop after this lol
eh not really true at all, if you're rosy pale, like a lot of say scottish, irish, english people, you'll most likely burn and peel, but 99% of caucasian people I know can tan quite deep, for anecdotal purposes I'm nc15 in winter but during summer i can tan down to an nc35-40 while still wearing SPF
I second this. For reference: I'm pale af (with rosy undertones), I burn and peel. I only get a light tan if I take Melanin/Carotin pills. By "tan" I mean that my bff with olive/mediterranean complexion (still a 100% caucasian) has more of a tan during wintertime than I could ever get. She tans quite easily. One time she tanned for like an afternoon bc it was one of the first warm days, and later she had almost the same complexion as our mutual moroccan friend who was working at the office all day.

However, is it blackface if she bought the wrong shade of foundation and didnt include any malice/parodies of poc? Dont mean to be insensitive, I srsly have no idea and the internet is giving me different answers
:FU: :FU:

trashtalk_77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by trashtalk_77 »

greenappleflavors wrote:
Same
She's disgusting. She posted about it on her snapchat too...idk why she thinks it's cute to be telling people that..especially in her fucking elevator. If you listen to her snap she literally sounds like she's on drugs.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

greenappleflavors wrote:
Same
So confused, this is definitely not normal but then on snap she said she was laughing i guess too hard where she peed on her herself which definitely is normal. I’m just so done with her whole bathroom fetish and bad hygiene/being unhealthy shtick on twitter? At this point she’s just doing it to get traction on her twitter bc she knows everyone hates her and is gonna talk shit so it ends up on everybody’s timeline.

And you can just tell how hard she’s trying to be funny, confusing everyone on snap. My guess is she’s trying to copy this guy, which is why she sound like she on crack.

demonicpneumoniks
Lurker
Lurker

Post by demonicpneumoniks »

sistersnatched wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am
has anyone considered that perhaps emma and olivia are dating (?) just saw olivia's boring video on painting and talking about her feelings and emma cosies up to her in a way i've never seen her interact w the girdies etc. weird because emma has always seemed straight to me
I don’t think and never have thought Ethma was a thing. Because unless they are great actors they have zero chemistry to me.

I’m pretty sure I saw Emma cop a feel with that hug lol. Idk her and Olivia are constantly together and they seem physically always very close to each other. I always figured Emma was a lesbian in wait. Gaydar went off right away for her and I’ve never been wrong before.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

demonicpneumoniks wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm
sistersnatched wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am
has anyone considered that perhaps emma and olivia are dating (?) just saw olivia's boring video on painting and talking about her feelings and emma cosies up to her in a way i've never seen her interact w the girdies etc. weird because emma has always seemed straight to me
I don’t think and never have thought Ethma was a thing. Because unless they are great actors they have zero chemistry to me.

I’m pretty sure I saw Emma cop a feel with that hug lol. Idk her and Olivia are constantly together and they seem physically always very close to each other. I always figured Emma was a lesbian in wait. Gaydar went off right away for her and I’ve never been wrong before.
Same, same. Until the stupid stans started the Ethma stuff, I thought she had a secret crush on Ellie.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

coconutsun
Informer
Informer

Post by coconutsun »

I bet Emma is exaggerating her peeing herself if she was laughing really hard then yeah most of us have probably experienced some light bladder leakage before.

Post by Guest »

coconutsun wrote:I bet Emma is exaggerating her peeing herself if she was laughing really hard then yeah most of us have probably experienced some light bladder leakage before.
That’s what I’m thinking. I bet she probably peed a little but she’s making it seem like she full on peed her pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sistersnatched
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by sistersnatched »

1. I don't understand why emma feels like she has to make these stupid 'relatable' toilet jokes... she is so funny by herself. it makes me sad she thinks she has to act this way or <be all dramatic> to stay relevant.

2. i really agree with whatever has been speculated above and believe that at one point of time, Ethma were kind-of a thing. By which i mean Emma was really digging the attention and Ethan maybe toying with the idea. But Gray probably warned him against it, which is why i think Gray is often a huge (intentional) third wheel i.e. in the meat video etc; being the endearing mom that he is. Clearly this -mild interest- couldn't be sustained and they began to grow apart OR ethan just told her upfront it was getting out of hand and would polarise the fandom if they ever made it public. Was just overall bad timing and emma spirals into some kind of weird emo depression which pushes ethan away even more.

with how much they were <trying/not trying> to hide it in the beginning, i think it's safe to assume they have both clearly moved on from each other.

3. did anyone see the livestream of ellie and summer btw. they were clearly irritated that 90% of the comments were about emma and why she wasn't there at hannah's surprise party, despite the lot putting in effort to surprise hannah .... like ....... yeah some comments defended the rest of the dote girls i.e. "i knew of summer / ellie / hannah / ava before emma!" but there's no denying that their careers all skyrocketed by virtue of being associated with emma.....

madisonlurker
Lurker
Lurker

Post by madisonlurker »

her story “to all the people who think I don’t shower” uhhhh most people only think that because you say it constantly?

harimonious
Learner
Learner

Post by harimonious »

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION BUT am i the only one who likes emma, olivia, and amanda's friendship? if anything i feel like they help her and are good friends to her. they hardly ever advertise emma on their channels to get views (like if emma's in a video they don't put her in the title or thumbnail all of the time). they are also always around emma's place encouraging her to edit her videos and it appears they're helping her get through it. they get her out of the house and do soul cycle together. they take her to the grocery shop rather than post mating everything and staying inside. they go on road trips together rather than letting emma wallow away in her house. they just seem like more genuine friends than the dote squad (the dote squad friendship was basically built on a sponsorship lol). like, amanda barely has a youtube channel so it's not like she's using emma for views. Also i dont think emma and olivia are dating lol. a lot of friends who are girls get cwtshy together. its p normal.
and another unpopular opinion, i couldn't care less about Ethma. Idrc if they were together or not. if they were and want to keep it private, let it be. if they weren't then lol they fooled everyone for those views ahah :')

katy-spacey
Learner
Learner

Post by katy-spacey »

Anghdavies wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 am
CONTROVERSIAL OPINION BUT am i the only one who likes emma, olivia, and amanda's friendship? if anything i feel like they help her and are good friends to her. they hardly ever advertise emma on their channels to get views (like if emma's in a video they don't put her in the title or thumbnail all of the time). they are also always around emma's place encouraging her to edit her videos and it appears they're helping her get through it. they get her out of the house and do soul cycle together. they take her to the grocery shop rather than post mating everything and staying inside. they go on road trips together rather than letting emma wallow away in her house. they just seem like more genuine friends than the dote squad (the dote squad friendship was basically built on a sponsorship lol). like, amanda barely has a youtube channel so it's not like she's using emma for views. Also i dont think emma and olivia are dating lol. a lot of friends who are girls get cwtshy together. its p normal.
and another unpopular opinion, i couldn't care less about Ethma. Idrc if they were together or not. if they were and want to keep it private, let it be. if they weren't then lol they fooled everyone for those views ahah :')
Also they tear down her content by their unnecessary fake quirkiness and stupid strange behavior, haven't you seen her vlog in paris, she was happier and she went to soul cylce alone it is not like they motivate her. Also imo Olivia and Amanda are both 19-20 yo failing in life. Their channals are trash and they do nothing or have nothing meaningful in their life. I even wonder about their income-what they do for life except hanging out with emma

harimonious
Learner
Learner

Post by harimonious »

katy-spacey wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 am
Anghdavies wrote:
Also they tear down her content by their unnecessary fake quirkiness and stupid strange behavior, haven't you seen her vlog in paris, she was happier and she went to soul cylce alone it is not like they motivate her. Also imo Olivia and Amanda are both 19-20 yo failing in life. Their channals are trash and they do nothing or have nothing meaningful in their life. I even wonder about their income-what they do for life except hanging out with emma
i think she was probably happy in PFW because she was in PFW, not because she was away from her friends lol. and yeah i know she's happy to exercise on her own, she's been doing that for years. but there was a point where it appears that she kind of stopped doing anything, but it seems to me that she's been getting out a bit more since being friends with O and A. And on the last point of what A and O do for a living. Tbh idk, but they're 19-20! They don't need to know what they're doing in life yet. There's this weird expectation on youtube that everyone needs to have moved out and have their life together by the time they're adults. No one would expect that from a normal teenager. they're most likely in the process of finding out what they want to do for the rest of their lives. I'm 19 and idk what to do with my life yet lol, but i wouldn't call that failing in life.
and my opinion but i think their humour bounces off each other well, but that's dependent of your taste i guess

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

Honestly just seems like Emma is scared to be alone and do things alone. Atleast for a long period of time. And it’s not so much that they encourage her but it seems like she’s picking up their habits because she’s with them all day everday. So might as well do things that they do to be with them all the time.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Anghdavies wrote:
I like her with Amanda and Olivia so much more than the Sister Squad, who borderline bully her in every video they make. Emma seems so much happier now that she has a female friend group who she can be around frequently, instead of the every few months with Hannah, Ellie and the other Dote Girls. I believe Amanda is 18 and Olivia is 19, I don't see how people expect them to have their lives together. When I was 18 I had just entered the 12th grade in HS and never worked a day in my life.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”