Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

It is so weird to me that they’re married. Idk they just seem like total opposite personalities. Like she’s an uptight dork and he seems laidback and fun to hang around (but a little dorky too). Idk. Just an odd match imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Josie888 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Jen tweeted out yesterday that she lost a lot of subscribers after the Assumptions video was uploaded. Based on some comments on the video, she's assuming it might have something to do with her daughter being Wiccan. Seems like a dumb reason to unsubscribe from someone to me.
It's prob more to do with people's assumptions being correct and her getting defensive about it 😆
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Josie888 wrote:Jen tweeted out yesterday that she lost a lot of subscribers after the Assumptions video was uploaded. Based on some comments on the video, she's assuming it might have something to do with her daughter being Wiccan. Seems like a dumb reason to unsubscribe from someone to me.
Isn’t her daughter like 10 or something? I find it hard to believe that she truly understands Wicca to make a conscious decision to practice it (unless one of them practices it so it kind of passes on like that?).

I would be curious to know why a lot of people unsigned though. Of course she has to relate it to something I’m sure she thinks is edgey.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

rva1 wrote:According to Social Blade she lost 30 subscribers. Thirty. She is SO dramatic and SO fucking thirsty for attention it's actually disturbing.
Haha omg I didn’t even think to look. She made it seem like they left in swarms!!

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Well, if you only have 100 subscribers, 30 IS a lot! LOL
That Girl!

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

I don’t believe for ine second she didn’t know what the assumption that she is John’s “beard” meant.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Josie888 wrote:
Green Eyed Gemini wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:46 pm
Josie888 wrote:Jen tweeted out yesterday that she lost a lot of subscribers after the Assumptions video was uploaded. Based on some comments on the video, she's assuming it might have something to do with her daughter being Wiccan. Seems like a dumb reason to unsubscribe from someone to me.
Isn’t her daughter like 10 or something? I find it hard to believe that she truly understands Wicca to make a conscious decision to practice it (unless one of them practices it so it kind of passes on like that?).

I would be curious to know why a lot of people unsigned though. Of course she has to relate it to something I’m sure she thinks is edgey.

I'm not sure how old her daughter is now, but Jen said she chose to be Wiccan at the age of 6, I think. Honestly, I think JEN is the Wiccan and that's where her daughter got the idea from. I think Jen doesn't want to say that about herself because she might lose even more followers.
Oh lord. Yeah, I think you’re right. I just don’t believe a six year old can organically and consciously decide to choose her religion (it’s not the same as if they were born into it and have just been practicing since birth without really having a say in it). Sorry for harping on it. Jen just gets on my nerves when she does all this stuff to try to be edgy and “not like other girls.” She comes across as so fake and try hard.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

rva1 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:45 pm
Josie888 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:21 am
Armywife1508 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:59 pm
I don’t believe for ine second she didn’t know what the assumption that she is John’s “beard” meant.
I do. I had no idea what it meant either.
Since I'm not watching that stupid video I still don't know what this means. Help anyone?
A 'beard' is a term to describe a member of the opposite sex that is dating / married to a gay person (typically a woman covering for a man, hence she's the 'beard' for the man). So Jen would be married to John, even though he's gay, just as a cover so that no one questions that he's gay. I think she's heard people assume her husband is gay before, but she might have not heard the term being a 'beard'.

killadiamondz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by killadiamondz »

First time posting in this thread, but her Facebook group is such a fucking joke. I'm no longer a member, I just couldn't handle the hypocrisy any more. Jen is almost completely uninvolved with it and the admins are following everything Tabitha says. Most (not all) are completely rude to members if they even *slightly* violate one of their extensive list of rules (ironically, being rude to other members is against the rules, but apparently not for admins.) Some of the rules aren't even listed in the actual rule post but they expect members to know them anyway! Also, if you don't follow the rules, you're tagged in a thread of shame to let the entire group know you've done something wrong! It's such a toxic environment and I don't miss it at all. If Jen had any ounce of grit whatsoever, she would have never let the group evolve into what it is today.

Harry78825
Talker
Talker

Post by Harry78825 »

Josie888 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:55 pm
killadiamondz wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:41 am
First time posting in this thread, but her Facebook group is such a fucking joke. I'm no longer a member, I just couldn't handle the hypocrisy any more. Jen is almost completely uninvolved with it and the admins are following everything Tabitha says. Most (not all) are completely rude to members if they even *slightly* violate one of their extensive list of rules (ironically, being rude to other members is against the rules, but apparently not for admins.) Some of the rules aren't even listed in the actual rule post but they expect members to know them anyway! Also, if you don't follow the rules, you're tagged in a thread of shame to let the entire group know you've done something wrong! It's such a toxic environment and I don't miss it at all. If Jen had any ounce of grit whatsoever, she would have never let the group evolve into what it is today.
They started tagging people in the "Read the Rules" post because private messaging wasn't working out. The messages weren't going directly to people's inboxes, but to the "other" folder now called "message requests" so most people weren't even seeing them.

I do think they have way too many rules. I guarantee that they almost all come from Tabitha's brain. She's a total control freak. I've seen her call people out for not knowing about a new product or story and replying with a Jen video where she talks about it. Like -- lighten up, girl. Not everyone watches Jen. She calls people out for speaking badly about another YouTuber telling them that "this is Jen's group and it will reflect badly on her". Then the person inevitable replies "Jen who?" because NOTHING about the group tells you that it's a Jen Luvs Reviews group unless you read the fine print (rules). Jen isn't on the Facebook cover, Jen isn't pictured in the announcements to introduce her to new members, etc. How are people to know unless they actually take the time to read the novel that is Tabitha's rules?
Tabitha is a bitch. The rules are crazy. What really left a bad taste in my mouth was someone posted about wanting a nose job because a few people asked her if she was Jewish. Only a person who hates Jews would care about looking like one. That post stayed up for hours after many people called out how messed up it was. Tabitha didn’t think it was a big deal. You can’t bully other members or breath a bad word about any youtuber in that group but anti Semitic posts are no problem.

killadiamondz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by killadiamondz »

Harry78825 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Josie888 wrote:
killadiamondz wrote:
They started tagging people in the "Read the Rules" post because private messaging wasn't working out. The messages weren't going directly to people's inboxes, but to the "other" folder now called "message requests" so most people weren't even seeing them.

I do think they have way too many rules. I guarantee that they almost all come from Tabitha's brain. She's a total control freak. I've seen her call people out for not knowing about a new product or story and replying with a Jen video where she talks about it. Like -- lighten up, girl. Not everyone watches Jen. She calls people out for speaking badly about another YouTuber telling them that "this is Jen's group and it will reflect badly on her". Then the person inevitable replies "Jen who?" because NOTHING about the group tells you that it's a Jen Luvs Reviews group unless you read the fine print (rules). Jen isn't on the Facebook cover, Jen isn't pictured in the announcements to introduce her to new members, etc. How are people to know unless they actually take the time to read the novel that is Tabitha's rules?
Tabitha is a bitch. The rules are crazy. What really left a bad taste in my mouth was someone posted about wanting a nose job because a few people asked her if she was Jewish. Only a person who hates Jews would care about looking like one. That post stayed up for hours after many people called out how messed up it was. Tabitha didn’t think it was a big deal. You can’t bully other members or breath a bad word about any youtuber in that group but anti Semitic posts are no problem.
Oh my gosh, I think I remember that post and can still picture the girl who posted it! I couldn't believe they left it up for that long. There have been many other questionable posts since then too, yet they recently banned any mention of the new Too Faced collection because it's "too controversial." I mean really?

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Harry78825 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Josie888 wrote:
killadiamondz wrote:

Jen is part Jewish, so that's pretty shitty that her admin would allow it.
That Girl!

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Jen obviously isn’t paying attention to her FB group. That’s part of her job.
That admin sounds pretty bad. She would never make it in the big leagues.

Jen if you aren’t going to monitor your FB group ....Close it.
Bullying on any level associated with you is unacceptable. You are always complaining about possibly being
bullied when it happens on YOUR WATCH daily.

Karening
Informer
Informer

Post by Karening »

Anybody even watch the Sunday report? I haven't seen it in forever, so I clicked on it today. BAD mistake. She apparently no longer does actual beauty news. One of the "stories" was about a bus that gives homeless showers. I'm all for that, but what does that have to do with beauty? And one of the "top" stories was that using a peel-off mask will make your skin sag. Jen clearly isn't a scientist (or much of anything else.) How many times would one be USING a peel-off mask? 8 times a day? Or does she think you really have onionskin instead of human skin on your face?

I couldn't even make it to the actual product section - not that it matters, because her "picks" on Sephora and Ulta are simply awful. She no longer follows what's actually new at either site, just what's freakish.

No wonder her sub count is stuck. If you want to hear about actual beauty news, this isn't the place to find it.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Karening wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:57 am
Anybody even watch the Sunday report? I haven't seen it in forever, so I clicked on it today. BAD mistake. She apparently no longer does actual beauty news. One of the "stories" was about a bus that gives homeless showers. I'm all for that, but what does that have to do with beauty? And one of the "top" stories was that using a peel-off mask will make your skin sag. Jen clearly isn't a scientist (or much of anything else.) How many times would one be USING a peel-off mask? 8 times a day? Or does she think you really have onionskin instead of human skin on your face?

I couldn't even make it to the actual product section - not that it matters, because her "picks" on Sephora and Ulta are simply awful. She no longer follows what's actually new at either site, just what's freakish.

No wonder her sub count is stuck. If you want to hear about actual beauty news, this isn't the place to find it.
I always watch the Sunday segment, usually as background noise, and the thing that has bothered me the most the past two months or so is the integration of the completely non-related 'national _ days'.

She'll be like.. March 12th is national brownie day, so here's a brown eyeshadow that is sold on Sephora. Treat yourself to something sweet *cue the corny laugh*. And the 13th is national pet your dog day. I don't have a dog to pet, but you can go to Ulta.com and buy the new shade of Hoola bronzer. Ha ha ha ha.

Plus I've recently noticed how poor her quality is. It looks worse than a high school video project or something. I think she should change the background colors from the blue/purple to something more neutral. The background completely clashes with whatever she's wearing and the logos / cut screens which are always red and black. She needs a consistent theme.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

This girl needs moisture in her face. I feel like her forehead is gonna crack just by emoting. For someone who "researches" skin care to the extent she claims she would have a routine that actually hydrates. Don't get me started on the makeup... Granted it's what I do for work but still.....The less the better for her.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

greencrystal2007
Learner
Learner

Post by greencrystal2007 »

Couple observations from the past week:

I have some opinions on the ABH videos. First, the Riviera review. I have to give her props for getting a review out in a timely manner. She normally posts a review 1-3 months after a product has been launched. So, good for her. She used the lightest colors from the palette (minus brown)....as usual. She used a TINY line of purple, but avoided all the shimmer shades on top and the bright pink on bottom. Someone who buys this palette wants to know about the BRIGHT shades, not the light peach shades and matte brown. She always says 'I like bold colors; I like foil/shimmer shades', yet fails to demo those in these review videos. I know; I know...I've said this multiple times in this forum, but I keep coming back to it. I have a theory; my theory is she is terrified to use those shades because she knows she sucks at eyeshadow. However, she could always take a class or watch tutorials. I'm not saying every single beauty creator online should be a MUA. But people come to your channel looking for tips and tricks on makeup, not how to blend peach and brown shades over your lid. It's very clear that makeup is NOT her passion. Her passion is Youtube; that is fine. But her niche is all wrong for her. I feel like, as others have pointed out in the past, she needed the quickest way to youtube fame and chose beauty videos. It is evident because in her old channel (JenLuv37) she never wore makeup. She never wears makeup in her weekly chats, not even in the 5pm chat. When she does a GRWM in any video/chat/stream/whatever, she will comment on how she has no plans so she can use crazy colors. Ok, Jen, a blue eyeshadow is not wild. She wears makeup two days a week to film, that's it. I cannot be 100% sure on this; I am going based on her videos, social media, etc.

I am wondering her motives for the ABH PR video. I've never known a lot of people who were dying to know why people liked ABH PR. And I think it's common sense that people want PR for free stuff. This video was a great place holder video for Friday so she wouldn't have to you, you know, actually make a video applying makeup. She tweeted today something along the lines of congratulating everyone who made the ABH PR list. She is clearly jealous.

I think Jen is a good mom and wife. I think she does enjoy making videos. But do I think she genuinely LOVES makeup on the same level as Emily Noel or Tati? No. I don't think this is her passion and I do not think she enjoys the makeup. I think now that she's gone over 200,000 she realizes she's stuck doing beauty videos, even though maybe she wants to do something else. Has anybody else observed this? Sometimes it seems like her mind is elsewhere in these videos.

Karening
Informer
Informer

Post by Karening »

Jen does almost nothing about Sephora, including KVD's new release (the Vegan Love palette.) But now, out of the blue, Jen's got a video up, critiquing KVD's video from last week on her antisemitism and anti-vax ideas. Jen's video is so "you can make up your own mind" because Jen's giving you the fax!

My opinion on Kat Von Disease is irrelevant, but watching Jen "presenting" the facts was just so cringey I got hives. Is she now incorporating gossip into her channel? (I'd be happy if she actually told people about new releases, something she doesn't do much of anymore, at least as far as Sephora is concerned.)

She got so many things partially wrong I just gave up. I guess this is Jen expanding her horizons to add tea to her repertoire. I guess she had to. She doesn't do much of actual makeup anymore.

Harry78825
Talker
Talker

Post by Harry78825 »

Karening wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:47 am
Jen does almost nothing about Sephora, including KVD's new release (the Vegan Love palette.) But now, out of the blue, Jen's got a video up, critiquing KVD's video from last week on her antisemitism and anti-vax ideas. Jen's video is so "you can make up your own mind" because Jen's giving you the fax!

My opinion on Kat Von Disease is irrelevant, but watching Jen "presenting" the facts was just so cringey I got hives. Is she now incorporating gossip into her channel? (I'd be happy if she actually told people about new releases, something she doesn't do much of anymore, at least as far as Sephora is concerned.)

She got so many things partially wrong I just gave up. I guess this is Jen expanding her horizons to add tea to her repertoire. I guess she had to. She doesn't do much of actual makeup anymore.
As far as I’m concerned she’s got nothing to say about anti semitism considering what is allowed in her group. I left it after a person made a comment about wanting plastic surgery because people asked her if she was Jewish. That post was up for hours even after a lot of us protested how messed up that was. Her bff tabitha didn’t think it was a big deal. Only a person who hates Jewish people would care about looking like one.

It’s pathetic imo that she is going to start gossiping for views.

CrunchyBubbles
Learner
Learner

Post by CrunchyBubbles »

rva1 wrote:The sad part is she probably IS paying attention to her Facebook group but she's such a bully herself I'm sure she enjoys everything that goes on there
She does pay attention to her group, but very limited. She does NO administration of the group on the daily because she depends solely on the people she has put in place to moderate it. The only time she does any remarkable engagement is when things are going down and Tab doesn't want to post another "putting the hammer down" post. Tab is the puppet master. Tab will also get other admin to discipline members instead of herself because she has had so much backlash in the past. When that doesn't work, she contacts Jen to do it. And Jen swoops in to try to keep her sparkly public image. THAT is what Jen cares about, period.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Return to “F-J”