Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by femscout »

Titled wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:54 pm
So she skipped her watercolor wednesday again this week..

I was curious and went back through the watercolor wednesdays she has on Instagram. Looks like she started saving them to her IG 13 weeks ago, and has skipped it six times so far.. And she calls art her job?? She is so inconsistent.
I remember her going on and on about how her art was going to be different from youtube, because she ~actually likes~ art. But it doesn’t seem like it anymore. With all of her interests, she starts out good and consistent and ends up not caring about it in a few months. (Youtube, Podcast, Art) It just isn’t sustainable for her to keep trying different ways to have social media as a job
I feel like she's been that way with all projects she started, like you said. Back when she was on YouTube, she'd always hype up some sort of new series she was trying and then quit after a week or two. At the end of her ~YT career~, she obviously was skipping uploads constantly. While no, we're not entitled to what's going in in her life, she at least could have said she'd be away (or she would be quitting) instead of promising a video every week.

On IG, she started doing Hits and Shits again, and after 2 or 3 months (of a monthly post!) she gave up and said it was too overwhelming. I predict Watercolor Wednesday will be over soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who cancels the podcast, even if Chris wants to do it despite his full-time job and y'know, actually being busy. From the few episodes I listened to, everything was about her, her, her and Chris barely ever gets a word in. If he does, she takes over what he's talking about.

arevelation
Learner
Learner

ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by arevelation »

>mentions weekly streams on tuesdays
>misses the very first one because of “too much work”

girl, just stop telling people what ur gonna do. you clearly can’t commit when things are said out loud LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

The podcast is literally dead. People barely reply to their weekly tweets for questions and they’ve mentioned a few times ideas they have for the last episode. Not that I think they’re planning it (since they need the money for sure) but it’s kind of sad. It used to be somewhat entertaining.

I think Rachel used to be a funny person with a good sense of humor but she seriously needs a real job and/or structure. It’s sad how she quits streaming and watercolor Wednesday due to pretending to be “busy.”

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

24601 wrote:The podcast is literally dead. People barely reply to their weekly tweets for questions and they’ve mentioned a few times ideas they have for the last episode. Not that I think they’re planning it (since they need the money for sure) but it’s kind of sad. It used to be somewhat entertaining.

I think Rachel used to be a funny person with a good sense of humor but she seriously needs a real job and/or structure. It’s sad how she quits streaming and watercolor Wednesday due to pretending to be “busy.”

Rachel has wrapped her identity so far up in Chris that I’m pretty sure she views his time at work as her time at work. She’s always going on about “we are so busy” when Chris is the one going to work, traveling for work, doing the podcast (and it sounds like he edits it) and filming her water color Wednesday’s for her.

The ONLY thing Rachel brought to the table is her following.

She just hangs out with Mallory and Ashley , goes to therapy and calls it a busy week.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

talkaboutit wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:57 am
24601 wrote:The podcast is literally dead. People barely reply to their weekly tweets for questions and they’ve mentioned a few times ideas they have for the last episode. Not that I think they’re planning it (since they need the money for sure) but it’s kind of sad. It used to be somewhat entertaining.

Rachel has wrapped her identity so far up in Chris that I’m pretty sure she views his time at work as her time at work. She’s always going on about “we are so busy” when Chris is the one going to work, traveling for work, doing the podcast (and it sounds like he edits it) and filming her water color Wednesday’s for her.

She just hangs out with Mallory and Ashley , goes to therapy and calls it a busy week.

Does she no longer work? When she left youtube, she said she got a job as a someone that runs social platforms for a company.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

staedtler wrote:
talkaboutit wrote:

Does she no longer work? When she left youtube, she said she got a job as a someone that runs social platforms for a company.
That lasted about 3 weeks.

BeanQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by BeanQueen »

talkaboutit wrote:
staedtler wrote:
talkaboutit wrote:

That lasted about 3 weeks.

Im pretty sure she stopped doing that a whiiiiile back. She mainly just works on art for her Etsy store which honestly would take up a lot of time if she was consistently listing stuff but most of the items listed are digital downloads or she’ll have clay items/keychains but she doesn’t heavily stock them so there’s no way she’s working on art 8 hours a day.

lemoncurdpot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemoncurdpot »

I just don't understand how she can be soooo busy if she doesn't even list consistently. She has a "launch" every couple of months or so then doesn't restock any physical items after that. how is that sustainable? does she really get enough digital download sales for her to be happy with her sales?

Extrasoda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Extrasoda »

Her laziness ruined her future. I guess, she's been working with her therapist on her bisexuality and mental health too much. She really needs help to overcome her laziness. She's lucky to have a pet named Chris, who works and pays bills for them. But if something happens to Chris, what would she do? Go back to parents?

shhcanttell
Debater
Debater

Post by shhcanttell »

No new Watercolor Wednesday yesterday... surprise, surprise. I didn't see her mention not doing it on Instagram or Twitter.

As far as their podcast goes, they ask for questions on Twitter each week and for the past few weeks/months, they're had either NO questions come from Twitter or like 1-2 lol... I don't listen to the podcast but I can only assume that they just ramble on about absolutely nothing. Who wants to listen to that? They should really make the pod once every two weeks or once a month, and then they would have more to talk about and probably get more questions.

fruitpolice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by fruitpolice »

Feels like the podcast is canceled every other week at this point.

lemoncurdpot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemoncurdpot »

shhcanttell wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:50 am
No new Watercolor Wednesday yesterday... surprise, surprise. I didn't see her mention not doing it on Instagram or Twitter.

As far as their podcast goes, they ask for questions on Twitter each week and for the past few weeks/months, they're had either NO questions come from Twitter or like 1-2 lol... I don't listen to the podcast but I can only assume that they just ramble on about absolutely nothing. Who wants to listen to that? They should really make the pod once every two weeks or once a month, and then they would have more to talk about and probably get more questions.
It isn't very interesting. Constant updates on Rachel's relationship with her horse in Red Dead Redemption, buzzfeed quiz, jokes about vinegar,what the cats would be as food, repeat. At this point I am more interested in Chris' life than hers. At least he actually leaves the house and has an interesting job, I honestly wish he would talk more lmao

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

Ugh, why did she private her videos. I watch her rants when I'm in a sad mood to cheer myself up :(

shifty_armchair
Talker
Talker

Post by shifty_armchair »

lemoncurdpot wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 pm
shhcanttell wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:50 am

It isn't very interesting. Constant updates on Rachel's relationship with her horse in Red Dead Redemption, buzzfeed quiz, jokes about vinegar,what the cats would be as food, repeat. At this point I am more interested in Chris' life than hers. At least he actually leaves the house and has an interesting job, I honestly wish he would talk more lmao

agreed, chris is a substantially more interesting person than rachel and usually has pretty good things to say. Every time he tries to talk in the podcast, rachel interrupts with something about therapy, her etsy store or something else to make the conversation about her

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

Lmao she’s being invited to speak via Skype about social media. Why? She was like a third-rate YouTuber who rose to prominence by being a whiny brat, got lazy and barely uploaded, then fizzled out. She was never big. Her “social media job” now is posting about her Etsy with plagiarized designs, and the very seldom sponsored post. The school only asked her because she went to their school, and there’s no way in hell that they could ever get someone with real influence or a real social media job to speak. LOL this is sad.

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by souplessbitch »

every episode of the podcast now:
"I was depressed so I watched tv and played video games"
"It sucks because the government doesn't even regulate *insert anything here*"
"When I did youtube a brand asked me to make a video one time"

lemoncurdpot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lemoncurdpot »

souplessbitch wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:49 pm
every episode of the podcast now:
"I was depressed so I watched tv and played video games"
"It sucks because the government doesn't even regulate *insert anything here*"
"When I did youtube a brand asked me to make a video one time"
I could barely listen to that whole rant on why the government does not regulate sponsorships/advertisements.

For those who didn't listen, they basically questioned why it isn't made blatantly clear that brands that appear on television or in movies paid to be put there like they do on instagram when they mark a post as sponsored. They compared it to celebrities wearing certain designers on the red carpet. I might be in a minority with this sort of thing because I literally am involved in the film industry, but like, it's not our responsibility to make the viewer use their own damn common sense. Everyone knows product placement is a thing. And it's not illegal to advertise products to anyone. Chill out.

BeanQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by BeanQueen »

This feed is so dead now but i feel like there’s a lot we could be discussing lol i guess that just shows how many people are uninterested in her now

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

I feel like her store Is doing bad now, lots of sales lately

mik_mik
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mik_mik »

I regret not taking a screenshot, but you'll just have to believe me when i say she had on an insta story that she is so proud of herself for going to the gym and how she can't believe she was able to "carve time" out for it.....as someone who recently started back at the gym, i say good for her, be proud! But i get judge-y with the second part, like girl....you make some art and have a podcast you do like once a week? Every two weeks? (sorry i don't listen but i know they aren't uploading THAT much). She like, barely has a "part-time job" and acts like it's a HUGE deal to be able to find time to make it to the gym

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”