AllThatFilters21 - Elle Fowler - Part 10

marakoojah_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AllThatFilters21 - Elle Fowler - Part 10

Post by marakoojah_ »

why can’t these beauty gurus give away some of their unwanted makeup to the subscribers? is there a rule against it? she got sent the whole 64 or whatever number of shades of the new mac concealer. she’s not a makeup artist so she won’t use all of them. she said she’ll give it to friends and family but she can also share it to her subscribers who are essentially the reason for her having those products. am i making sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

marakoojah_ wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 am
why can’t these beauty gurus give away some of their unwanted makeup to the subscribers? is there a rule against it? she got sent the whole 64 or whatever number of shades of the new mac concealer. she’s not a makeup artist so she won’t use all of them. she said she’ll give it to friends and family but she can also share it to her subscribers who are essentially the reason for her having those products. am i making sense

Let's face it her "friends and family" will comprise of like, three shades of that concealer, max.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

You know what was very telling? On her instastories (yesterday, I think), she said people were asking what she would do with all the makeup that she's getting rid of, and she responded something like "since a lot of it was free PR, I don't feel right selling it, so I'm going to give it to friends and family and donate some to a women's shelter".

If that's not proof that she only sees her subscribers as a means for getting money, nothing is. The idea of giving anything away to her subscribers (you know, where she'd actually need to spend her OWN money packaging and mailing it out) apparently didn't even cross her mind. So her decluttering video is basically saying "Look at all this shit I have that I don't even want! And haha you guys can't have any of it!"

Now, look - there are solid reasons for not sending strangers, say, your used makeup, even if they really want it (like possible medical liability if they get sick from any bacteria lurking in the product). But if that's her concern, she should just explain it (maybe now she will - hi Elle, and you're welcome for giving you an out).

haterade073
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by haterade073 »

fauxfox wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am
You know what was very telling? On her instastories (yesterday, I think), she said people were asking what she would do with all the makeup that she's getting rid of, and she responded something like "since a lot of it was free PR, I don't feel right selling it, so I'm going to give it to friends and family and donate some to a women's shelter".

If that's not proof that she only sees her subscribers as a means for getting money, nothing is. The idea of giving anything away to her subscribers (you know, where she'd actually need to spend her OWN money packaging and mailing it out) apparently didn't even cross her mind. So her decluttering video is basically saying "Look at all this shit I have that I don't even want! And haha you guys can't have any of it!"

Now, look - there are solid reasons for not sending strangers, say, your used makeup, even if they really want it (like possible medical liability if they get sick from any bacteria lurking in the product). But if that's her concern, she should just explain it (maybe now she will - hi Elle, and you're welcome for giving you an out).

Lets be real, she won't give the products away. That would involve her doing actual work.

getlit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by getlit »

fauxfox wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am

By saying she doesn't feel right selling it, makes it sound like a moral decision, as opposed to the truth, you are not allowed to sell PR. It's not a choice. (I know I'm being petty but I don't like her misleading people in to thinking she's just doing the right thing for her own moral reasons)

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

^ aren’t there other youtubers who sell their PR on poshmark?

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

emmygues wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 am
Some do, but they're not supposed to. A lot of PR comes with a paper or labels that basically say it's for pr purposes and not to sell it.

I do think it's odd that the majority of gurus never give any of it away to their subscribers. They all claim to give it to a women's shelter and friends/family.

Tbh donating makeup to women's shelters is such a nice gesture. However in my experience, many of the women are facing serious issues, and aren't that interested in makeup. So a lot of it is just redistributed to employees and their friends/family. Things like clothes and personal hygiene products are super useful for women's shelters though.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Libra wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:07 am
emmygues wrote:
Some do, but they're not supposed to. A lot of PR comes with a paper or labels that basically say it's for pr purposes and not to sell it.

I do think it's odd that the majority of gurus never give any of it away to their subscribers. They all claim to give it to a women's shelter and friends/family.

Tbh donating makeup to women's shelters is such a nice gesture. However in my experience, many of the women are facing serious issues, and aren't that interested in makeup. So a lot of it is just redistributed to employees and their friends/family. Things like clothes and personal hygiene products are super useful for women's shelters though.
Well, they do need makeup to look presentable for job interviews. And my local women's shelter operates a thrift store, so the things donated don't need to be targeted to the women's needs, the sale will benefit the shelter. The women get vouchers to shop the store for what they need.

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

litnerd wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:42 am
Libra wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:07 am
emmygues wrote:

Well, they do need makeup to look presentable for job interviews. And my local women's shelter operates a thrift store, so the things donated don't need to be targeted to the women's needs, the sale will benefit the shelter. The women get vouchers to shop the store for what they need.
That's a really great concept. More shelters in LA should try doing this. Some have so much left over product, employees come home with giant boxes every couple of weeks.

BTW, of course some use it for job interviews and stuff. But in my experience a lot of it goes untouched. Especially things besides foundation and mascara.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Don't forget caregivers to those with Dementia, Intellectual and Developmental Delays and nurses/teachers etc who are taking care of people 24/7 for minimum wage. They could use the donations also.

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

Ok so how did James go from not even crawling to pulling himself up to standing position? Don’t get me wrong.. I’m glad he’s progressing, but it seems odd that he was just unable to crawl and is now that far. Or do we think she positioned him in the corner of the couch that way herself??

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Standing WUT. I hate her.

Forevergauc
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forevergauc »

She 1000% placed him like that and got lucky that he stayed in position for a picture

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

Aeh0818 wrote:Ok so how did James go from not even crawling to pulling himself up to standing position? Don’t get me wrong.. I’m glad he’s progressing, but it seems odd that he was just unable to crawl and is now that far. Or do we think she positioned him in the corner of the couch that way herself??
You can totally tell he’s leaning against the side of the couch.

Lovelocket
Informer
Informer

Post by Lovelocket »

Her baby is named "this one" or "little" ? Annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oofduh
Talker
Talker

Post by Oofduh »

I’ve solved why she was in no hurry for James to be crawling (until it was pointed out he was behind). She does not want to give up the Snoo. And if he is “almost crawling” as she says he should NOT be in that any longer. She is not a bad mom, but she is a lazy one.

Brytbratbar
Debater
Debater

Post by Brytbratbar »

Oofduh wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:53 pm
I’ve solved why she was in no hurry for James to be crawling (until it was pointed out he was behind). She does not want to give up the Snoo. And if he is “almost crawling” as she says he should NOT be in that any longer. She is not a bad mom, but she is a lazy one.
I looked up the limitations on it some time ago and because I was curious and she should have stopped using it at 6 months. He's gotten so used to being soothed by it to sleep I'm sure she's freaking out about how he'll do in the crib.

Forevergauc
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forevergauc »

Brytbratbar wrote:
Oofduh wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:53 pm
I looked up the limitations on it some time ago and because I was curious and she should have stopped using it at 6 months. He's gotten so used to being soothed by it to sleep I'm sure she's freaking out about how he'll do in the crib.
He can’t get on his hands and knees by himself yet. And I can guarantee he’s nowhere near 25lbs. He’s probably fine to still be using it but you’re right. He’s gotten so used to it that he’ll have a hard time transitioning.

Aeh0818
Debater
Debater

Post by Aeh0818 »

It’s crazy that she has that beautiful nursery and he doesn’t even sleep in there. That transition is going to be a nightmare for her.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

Aeh0818 wrote:It’s crazy that she has that beautiful nursery and he doesn’t even sleep in there. That transition is going to be a nightmare for her.

She should have been doing naps in the nursery so James would get use to the crib and being alone. That’s what all my friends did. Made the transition much easier for all.

Return to “Elle Fowler”