A Model Recommends

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: A Model Recommends

Post by Dandelion »

Thinandfit wrote:I agree, but I think that we are all guilty of secretly thinking that some babies and children are much cuter than others. There has been much worse said on other GG 'rant' forums, as well. Ruth does has the option of not showing her children on social media, but I suppose there would be repercussions (e.g. gratis baby/child products, clothing, etc.) to that.
I am definitely guilty of thinking it when out and about in public- I just wasn't too sure surrounding rules etc as I know on other sites I am on childrens looks Etc are seen as a "no-go". I also agree that she does have the option not to show them etc. but then who would follow her content haha I am basically only in it to see the house transform and I am sure some people are only watching and reading because of the children, EG mums etc who can relate to her.[/quote]

This is actually a regulation that makes a lot of sense. Nonetheless, as long as the discussion of the children does not get out of hand, or become the main focus, I think it should be permitted here. After all, it's just a couple of personal opinions, hundreds of other people online will write positive comments about them. There are threads on this forum where children are discussed excessively and in great detail (the Saccone-Jolys, for example). but these are usually about upbringing, development and health. Again, one could say no one should discuss these innocent children in that way, but venting about issues like that seems to be one of the main functions of this forum.

Thinandfit
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Thinandfit »

This is actually a regulation that makes a lot of sense. Nonetheless, as long as the discussion of the children does not get out of hand, or become the main focus, I think it should be permitted here. After all, it's just a couple of personal opinions, hundreds of other people online will write positive comments about them. There are threads on this forum where children are discussed excessively and in great detail (the Saccone-Jolys, for example). but these are usually about upbringing, development and health. Again, one could say no one should discuss these innocent children in that way, but venting about issues like that seems to be one of the main functions of this forum.[/quote]

Bolded because I could not agree more - disgusting the way they farm out their children just to make money- fingers crossed ruth doesn't go that way regarding vlogs and sticks to her life with the odd clip of the children.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Why I'm Loving Retinol - what a useless video! Dear Ruth, people are watching videos by actual dermatologists for skincare advice. Your half-assed little ramble contains no information whatsoever. Maybe do your viewers the kindness of researching the subject a bit? Oh, no, I'm Ruth, my model status and special tooth gap are enough to make what I say relevant. :roll:

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

I used to really like Ruth and I was really sorry to hear that her dad passed away but maybe she should take some time off making videos rather than posting a half-asked content like the top five favourite things video? I hated how she moved from room to room rather than gather all the bits, sit in one place and talk us through her faves? One of the items was the chandelier in her dining room and I do get that she wouldn't take it down to show in a video, but inserting a picture or a cutaway would do just fine. Also she apologised for each room being messy, the rooms were atrocious and they were getting progressively worse. I am really close to unsubscribing. I have unfollowed her on Instagram a while ago and YT might be next.

BelleAmie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BelleAmie »

nervousbeachgoer wrote:Ruth used to be one of my faves and thought you were all being a bit harsh when I first read here but.....what has happened to her!? Latest video the nanny had taken the children out and she still couldn't manage to string a sentence together without getting distracted.
This!! The woman stresses me out, I just want to go into that house and create some kind of organisation or control. Fair play to them if they’re happy living in chaos but everything always seems a bit frantic and all over the place.

Is she sponsored by Magnum?!

lwa04
Learner
Learner

Post by lwa04 »

I find it so odd that she won’t post pictures of her husband because ‘he doesn’t like social media’ or some such. So how on earth does he feel about you constantly plastering his kids all over social media? How can you be more concerned over your own privacy than your two kids? It’s a mad world.

Post by Guest »

lwa04 wrote:I find it so odd that she won’t post pictures of her husband because ‘he doesn’t like social media’ or some such. So how on earth does he feel about you constantly plastering his kids all over social media? How can you be more concerned over your own privacy than your two kids? It’s a mad world.
Agreed. I think that it is reckless putting one's very young children on a widely accessed social media account, esp. in this day and age. It is not just 20+ year old women who are looking through her many pictures. To be honest though, she is profiting off of her children. All of the baby and children products that she has received gratis to review?

Post by Guest »

Her latest post about badly designed bathroom ware goes on and on and on...

Photography Lover
Informer
Informer

Post by Photography Lover »

I finally unsubscribed from her YouTube channel and Instagram. I might unsubscribe from her blog next. Maybe it isn't fair to judge her by her friends or whatever, but first she kept mentioning Louise, who I can't stand, on Instagram and then she did a video with her. Then she posted something about hanging out with Caroline Hirons (who I don't have anything against because I don't follow anything to do with her), and Lily Pebbles. Lily is the most miserable, rude person I have ever seen. She can find something to complain about even when there is nothing to complain about. I know that these are probably work colleagues who she is just hanging out with like they're all best friends, but I really thought Ruth had better sense than that.

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

I stopped watching her when she made it clear she’s trying so hard to look like she has such a “regular” life. The fake nonchalance and the readable mum routine got old. Plus, she’s buddies with Hirons and often cheers in Anna SJ, so, yuck.

Cheers on...
Typo’s Happen :tu:

destina
Learner
Learner

Post by destina »

I guess she is pregnant again, you can see her belly in Carolines last vlog 1:16 and later on when she is holding hands with Ted and for a second Caroline shows Ruths bump.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

destina wrote:I guess she is pregnant again, you can see her belly in Carolines last vlog 1:16 and later on when she is holding hands with Ted and for a second Caroline shows Ruths bump.
If she is she's even more stupid than I thought. She's made it very clear she already can't handle the two kids she has and struggles getting through the day as it is.

Post by Guest »

destina wrote:I guess she is pregnant again, you can see her belly in Carolines last vlog 1:16 and later on when she is holding hands with Ted and for a second Caroline shows Ruths bump.
I didn't really see anything clearly at the 1:16 spot... When is the other instance? I tried to skim and didn't see it. :( Screenshot, anyone?

craftypudding
Talker
Talker

Post by craftypudding »

From her latest video the house tour- is she turning a wardrobe in to a dolls house for herself or for her kids? I think it was for herself, seems a bit odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vixen
Learner
Learner

Post by vixen »

The dolls house seemed too high from the floor for it to be for small children??
It is a beautiful house she has, but to have been there for a year, it still seems very empty and not very homely.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

She looks awful, I think the modeling days are well behind her. As far as I know, she is still in her thirties?

Image Image

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

I think she’s 37? Definitely at least 35 iirc so I think she looks great. She just looks a little too thin, a few pounds extra would make her face look a little more youthful. But either way she’s obviously pretty and looks good.

I’m so bored and annoyed with her now. She is terrible at doing sponsored posts - doesn’t know how to make them less ‘infomercial’ and chooses to push the most random crap. And her insufferable, arrogant attitude. She thinks she’s so funny. Just like Caroline. Basically the only reason I still follow her on IG is for her house lol.

Post by Guest »

I had to pop over. I’ve no one else to mention this to!
I just watched five minutes of Ruth’s latest chat to camera. She begins by saying she has never had Botox. This is 100% a lie. I switched off.

MoanyMinnie
Informer
Informer

Post by MoanyMinnie »

That’s a lie for sure!

I’d forgotten she even made videos anymore as I must have unsubscribed ages ago

Post by Guest »

AgnesP wrote: I had to pop over. I’ve no one else to mention this to!
I just watched five minutes of Ruth’s latest chat to camera. She begins by saying she has never had Botox. This is 100% a lie. I switched off.
Why would anyone ever take skin care advice from Ruth or that vapid Caroline, esp. when there are a number of excellent Dermatologists with Youtube channels nowadays?! :| :?

Return to “A Model Recommends”