monki
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: BotoxCrush - Samantha Maria Pt20

Post by monki »

Eva wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Just go on her ancient lookbook account to see her really old photos, natural hair out or not, this is just her forehead. Sure, there might be some damage due to weaves and wigs (and wigs are quite recent in her repertoire), however, let's face it, it is still pretty much her hairline. At least I don't see such a major difference. Unless I am completely blind. :?

From lookbook.nu, going way back in 2011

And let's remember that this is what she was presenting as her natural hair five years ago. You kind of have to admit that this is a huge step forward in terms of acceptance of her texture and even of the shape of her head/forehead. And that means a lot. Especially if, for example, since childhood her hair has been constantly straightened because to difficult to deal with.
https://youtu.be/b_s_LcN4t6w

I get it, we are so used to the fact that for years the girl has been cutting of half of her forehead or wearing some kind of bangs, side swept or other, and she had rarely her hair completely up without any strands falling over her face. She can still do plenty of different hairstyles with her natural hair, and as she goes further in her natural hair journey, I am sure she will experiment more.
Moreover, depending on the focal lenght, your face, including the size of your forehead, might appear even bigger and/or wider. Consider this.

Also...
I guess I just don't like people saying that textured hair is ugly (no less than horrible according to some) when it is short. Probably same people who were saying how ugly Blue Ivy's hair was few years ago, and now they are over the moon and praising it constantly when it is longer. :roll: Let's face it, it just goes to show you Tracee Ellis Ross is still the palatable version of what is accepted and praised or envied in terms of textured hair.
Sidenote, Sammi's hair isn't even that short, if you ask me.

Anyway, I am persuaded that Sam looks way better with her natural hair and her humongous forehead rather than whatever this was and only resulted in making her look way older.
:tu:

Honestly she looks hella cute with her fro, especially when compared to that blond wig!

Post by Guest »

I love Sam’s natural hair and always did. I hope she will embrace it for at least a while!

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by tadahhhhh »

OMG!! I bloody love her natural hair! She looks so cute and much younger and just....better. I’m biased, because I too belong to the high forehead group but I love it. I’m so glad she’s finally embracing her natural texture.

Now all she needs to do is ditch the boxtox and fillers, dump Jason’s sorry ass, stop dressing like a hooker, practice her vocabulary and spelling and erm, she’ll be awesome!

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

tadahhhhh wrote:OMG!! I bloody love her natural hair! She looks so cute and much younger and just....better. I’m biased, because I too belong to the high forehead group but I love it. I’m so glad she’s finally embracing her natural texture.

Now all she needs to do is ditch the boxtox and fillers, dump Jason’s sorry ass, stop dressing like a hooker, practice her vocabulary and spelling and erm, she’ll be awesome!
Girl, that'll never happen! You're asking far too much!! ImageImageImageImage

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

That was shortlived. ImageImageImage

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

floozyfloo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by floozyfloo »

tadahhhhh wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm
OMG!! I bloody love her natural hair! She looks so cute and much younger and just....better. I’m biased, because I too belong to the high forehead group but I love it. I’m so glad she’s finally embracing her natural texture.

OT but I am GASPING at your dp hahahaha

---

I'm devo Sam went back to a weave!!! Honestly can she not dig up the self-assurance to stay natural for more than a minute?? She looked SO FRESH and different, which I think is why we all started following her in the very beginning.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

She's wearing wigs I believe. She can wear lacefronts and still maintain the health of her natural hair. It might take some time for her to get the confidence to wear her hair natural in public, but at least she did a vlog! Baby steps!

3eyedraven17
Informer
Informer

Post by 3eyedraven17 »

I feel like she’s been outgrown? Her numbers aren’t doing well on her Channels and I can’t remember her last video I watched. I saw the thumbnail for her recent video and thought it was admirable that she felt comfortable being in front of the camera with her natural hair. I do think she should shave it off. And start again. Might even inspire something in her dying channels

David2re12
Informer
Informer

Post by David2re12 »

Sam should watch the movie Nappily Ever After. So she could have embraced her natural hair.

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce »

cristina85 wrote:
loveherhateher wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 am
cristina85 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 am
Her natural hair is pretty but not this way.. if it was longer she would look better but the forehead and this short is horrible in my opinion.. maybe a fringe would be better.. Sorry but she is not pretty at all with this hairstyle, the problem is not the type of hair.
I know this is a trash thread but honestly, miss me with that shit. You want to know why a black girl like Sammi might have been ashamed of wearing her hair out? Stupid ass, backhanded, comments like this. What if her hair doesn't grow longer? She can't get surgery on her forehead to hide it. Not all curly hair can be worn with bangs, you ignorant git. It pisses me off to see comments like this because she's FINALLY, FINALLY taking the plunge to do something that clearly makes her uncomfortable, finally moving in the right direction, and you come on here and bash her. :FU:
First of all, you are the most impolite person here. I am giving my opinion I don´t like this hairstyle in her and I love curly hair, I am not telling anything about black o white people, just hairstyle!- Her hair and forehead look like this probably for the abuse of wigs and extensions so she must wear her natural hair a long time ago and I am sure it would be better now..END. If you want to talk about racism I think this is not the place. You don´t know anything about me to talk me like this. If I see you commenting on the physical appearance of some girl,, makeup, weight, clothes whatever I am going to remember you this..because all of us are uncomfortable with a lot of things but you are reading a trash a "girl" website.. ironic

For you to be the only one to mention the word racism indicates you’re aware of the racist tones in your original post. For a black woman, as well as mixed woman, it takes a lot of effort to grow their hair. It’s ubiquitous that we all want Sammy to stop catering her aesthetic to European standards and be happy with who she naturally is. Over time her hair will grow and she’ll learn what style looks best on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

So happy she's now confident enough shown her natural hair again! The first time she showed her natural hair, and people reacted so negatively, she had to delete the video. Good for her.

PowderGirl
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PowderGirl »

3eyedraven17 wrote: I do think she should shave it off. And start again. Might even inspire something in her dying channels
Would that be really necessary? (Serious question). I am not familiar with her hair texture but to me it actually doesn’t seem too damaged.
I think she looks adorable with her natural hair and her current length.

backupmailbox
Learner
Learner

Post by backupmailbox »

I have to be honest I wasn't sure if I liked Sam's natural hair, particularly the length/lack of fringe, in her thumbnail. But I finally watched the video and I think it looks great on her! The colour also looks fantastic with her skin.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

PowderGirl wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:07 pm
3eyedraven17 wrote: I do think she should shave it off. And start again. Might even inspire something in her dying channels
Would that be really necessary? (Serious question). I am not familiar with her hair texture but to me it actually doesn’t seem too damaged.
I think she looks adorable with her natural hair and her current length.
Not necessary at all! It's possible that shes heard of ge big chop and thinks she needs to jumo on thr band wagon but she has a gead full of seemingly healthy hair, so really she just needs to do some research and maintain it.

funkyfresh
Talker
Talker

Post by funkyfresh »

Her natural hair has got so much potential! The colour is perfect as well
english is not my native language so pls bare with me while i'm trying to make sense :-)

okitsune
Informer
Informer

Post by okitsune »

So sad that her natural hair phase was so short lived :(
Image :love2:

Intrepidtraveller
Talker
Talker

Post by Intrepidtraveller »

I actually didn't mind her new video, was good to see her try something slightly different for once.
I will however say how has she not noticed how bad her lips are?! She must own at least 1 lip balm & get sent them, they look beyond dry!

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

MoanyMinnie
Informer
Informer

Post by MoanyMinnie »

I honestly don’t get why she’d turn herself into a Bratz doll though? No-one plays with those anymore, they aren’t relevant - why did she do that?!?

Post by Guest »

MoanyMinnie wrote:I honestly don’t get why she’d turn herself into a Bratz doll though? No-one plays with those anymore, they aren’t relevant - why did she do that?!?

It’s a thing Bratz is doing for their Instagram lol

MoanyMinnie
Informer
Informer

Post by MoanyMinnie »

sillyviolet wrote:
MoanyMinnie wrote:I honestly don’t get why she’d turn herself into a Bratz doll though? No-one plays with those anymore, they aren’t relevant - why did she do that?!?

It’s a thing Bratz is doing for their Instagram lol
Okay. I’ve just looked. Still it’s so far removed from any of her usual content - it’s an odd choice of video.

Return to “BeautyCrush”