Vintagely-Tacky Cora Diane Part 2

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: VintageOrTequila (VintageOrTacky) Part 2

Post by GoldChocobo »

Should we change the title of this thread to reflect her new channel name, "Cora Diane"?

I switched to Lauren Mae for tutorials. I feel like she's pretty much Cora from 2012, when I enjoyed her content.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I thought Cora wanted children so surely losing some weight (I'm not saying she has to be skinny) but, losing a few pounds around her middle would help immensely. I'm not skinny....I'm in the 'overweight' category (as I've inherited the family's huge boobs!)
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I unsubbed today after watching her "changes" video. I don't want to hear youtubers complain about how burned out they are, or all the changes they want to make. Just make the content that you want and people will either engage with it, or they won't. I don't want to watch a 20 minute video to hear your idea brainstorming...

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

uhh, wtf was that video? Using her legal, given name is now an act of radical feminism? Go away, girl.

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

^She actually said that?! She needs to stop being a hermit and get a life!

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

She did sound awfully pretentious during that whole video. I feel like that’s a fairly consistent theme with Cora. She thinks she’s so different and unique but really she’s just like everyone else. Says she doesn’t feel the need to wear all the makeup but obviously is wearing it. Not like she just put it on for the video because she said she was planning to do something else, unless that was just bullshit too.

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

I may actually have to watch this video. Cora without cool makeup?! She’s allowed to grow and change, but she shouldn’t be shading her previous passions...I hate when people do that! I’m sure she got depressed after her mom passed. Depression makes you feel so tired. Fashion Hauls are easier than creating new makeup looks, but they are a dime a dozen. She was unique. Now she’s generic.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I can change the thread - should I make it Vintage or Tequila - Cora Diane or just get rid of the vintage part all together? lol

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

What about Vintagely-Tacky Cora Diane?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Sounds good to me!

eatart
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintagely-Tacky Cora Diane Part 2

Post by eatart »

She seemed really manic to me in that video. I am in no way diagnosing, just that I would describe her behavior and tone as manic. She was talking quickly, gadding in funny voices, and switching topics a lot. I hope she is okay. I understand she has been on youtube a long time, but she seems to think that means she is owed something. Like she didn't explode like some youtubers who started around the same time as her, and she is bitter but instead justifies her mediocrity as being a result of how "different" she is. I don't get it. I initially subscribed because her tutorials were different and fun, but that has seriously been lacking for years now.

Jellywager
Learner
Learner

Post by Jellywager »

When she read the list of the new ideas for her new channel it was all the same shit she did before: makeup tutorials, skin care Sunday (once a month), and fashion hauls.
In one video she is pushing her subscribers to buy her crap on posh mark and in another video she is in a thrift store with her husband and both of them are buying a ton of crap they already have. Cora Diane what are you trying to pull?

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by clairebear »

I watched Cora from the beginning, I think her and a lot of youtubers from that era's problem is they don't know when it's time to call it quits and move on. They live off youtube, essentially doing nothing all day and that's easy. I wouldn't expect her to do the same content she did 10 years a go. Honestly, a woman in her mid 30's wearing extreme makeup trying to be "cool" is embarassing. It isn't to say she still can't enjoy what she did but also grow and mature. I think the beauty guru thing is becoming dead at this point, there is the money maker influencers but nothing fresh about it anymore. Her new niche of plus size fashion I thought was a good one, but she's trying to mishmash too many things. Ultimately I think she should just move on get a real job and be happy. Cora seems like a genuinely nice person and I think relying on youbtube has really stifled her.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

So, she doesn't feel 'feminine' because of the channel name...... what a load of old tripe!

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Theres no open space in her apartment... while it does appear organized, i see a lot of "stuff". Its like this throughout... and it gives me anxiety. If theres a spot, she puts a table or a shelf or a display unit...Image

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

Yes, way too much stuff in a tiny apartment. It would make me uncomfortable to be in there

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

That's why I laughed whenever she says she's trying to be "minimalistic." Although I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if they got a bigger place. They clearly outgrew that apartment a long time ago.

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I don't honestly know how they move around in there without knocking things off shelves ....wow it's cluttered ! ....and Cora Diane is going to show us 'lifestyle' videos ....including home decor...... EEK !

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Tried to watch her latest video since it had 'Makeup Tutorial' in the title, and I thought it might be like her old stuff, but I had to click off after 5 minutes since all she did was explain / give excuses on why she didn't have the tutorial!! FFS just re-film it and shut up!

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Kcat89 wrote:Tried to watch her latest video since it had 'Makeup Tutorial' in the title, and I thought it might be like her old stuff, but I had to click off after 5 minutes since all she did was explain / give excuses on why she didn't have the tutorial!! FFS just re-film it and shut up!
It was a very long explanation of accidentally deleting the master file.

Lol she said how everyone wanted to have this tutorial and for the life of me, i cant even remember what the eye look even was.

Return to “U-Z”