Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Re: Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Post by Kcat89 »

In her latest livestream she talks about how she was a mentor and a watchful 'mother hen' for Gabriel Zamora and she feels connected to his success. Then she says she tweets him and tries to contact him and he never replies. Damn Jen. That's cuz he don't want to be associated with some scratchy voiced teacher who can't apply makeup. The desperation with which she attaches herself to people more known than her.. yikes

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

:tu:
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

Kcat89 wrote:In her latest livestream she talks about how she was a mentor and a watchful 'mother hen' for Gabriel Zamora and she feels connected to his success. Then she says she tweets him and tries to contact him and he never replies. Damn Jen. That's cuz he don't want to be associated with some scratchy voiced teacher who can't apply makeup. The desperation with which she attaches herself to people more known than her.. yikes

I don’t watch Gabriel and honesty can’t stand him, but I still highly doubt that this is true. Idk, knowing who he currently and used to hang out with, I cannot see Jen being his mentor lol unless it was waaaaaaaaaay before he became more known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galaxyminx
Debater
Debater

Post by galaxyminx »

Kcat89 wrote:In her latest livestream she talks about how she was a mentor and a watchful 'mother hen' for Gabriel Zamora and she feels connected to his success. Then she says she tweets him and tries to contact him and he never replies. Damn Jen. That's cuz he don't want to be associated with some scratchy voiced teacher who can't apply makeup. The desperation with which she attaches herself to people more known than her.. yikes
If she was such a "mentor", how come Gabriel never taught to do her makeup? Image I call BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Wow sounds like a straight up fabrication, or a fantasy lol

I wouldn’t admit to Gabriel not responding though, awkward!

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Jen buys a J* beauty box for herself and one for her husband, which I thought she meant it just got delivered to his work, but I think she bought it for him to use the products. I kinda remember something on here about him doing videos in drag / being very involved in makeup before on Jen's channel.. anyone know more about that?? Does he wear a full face every day, because maybe he can give his wife some tips

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

TBH I almost always cringe when BGs sing in their videos, even if they have an okay voice. It tends to come across as very look-at-me.

greencrystal2007
Learner
Learner

Post by greencrystal2007 »

Tabitha is the faceless, mysterious reporter who does ALL the work on What's Up in Makeup for Jen. She writes the entire script for the show. She also apparently helps put everything together. The only thing Jen literally does for the show is read the script and information the reporters gathered. The show is then uploaded to Jen's page where she makes money off the ad sense from it. I am not sure any of the reporters or Tabitha make money off these shows; I could be wrong. But Jen is barely making anything on YT so I'm not sure she could afford to pay an entire team.

Also, Jen jokes about the QVC shipping cost bc she has to have some sort of corny skit due to that Harris Teeter nonsense being over with.

I couldn't believe the stuff she was saying in live chat about Gabriel. Mama hen? Yet he doesn't even reply to your tweets? C'mon. Then she proceeds to say Gabriel's career skyrocketed while 'he didnt have the growth period most of us had or didn't have'. That is a jab at her own slow growth; at least that is how I took it. She has tried anything and everything to claw her way to the top of youtube with hardly any success.

In regards to her having a channel, beauty is definitely not her forte. She would do much better with a different avenue. She chose something she has little to no interest in and it shows. Her earlier videos showed zero makeup. Even her OLD channel showed zero makeup. She's done plenty of impromptu videos and never wears makeup. She's said countless times 'Today was a filming day so I'm wearing makeup'. Which implies she only wears makeup to film. Not saying you should wear makeup everyday. But if you are a 'makeup enthusiast', you will wear makeup more than one day a week to film.

In her latest boxycharm review video, she was talking about one palette she disliked for being too bold for her. Then, she talked about the Tarte being too natural for her. She's contradicted herself multiple times in this regard. She always says she LOVES bold looks and wears the same light brown crease. She spends 50 bucks on a bold palette for a 20min video in hopes of making money and wears the lightest three shades from the palette. NEVER fails. If I am looking for a palette review where the palette is full of bright colors, I am looking for a bright look. I am not looking for a natural look with said palette. She assumes people want natural looks with bold palettes and its completely the opposite. I am not saying everyone can do bright makeup looks. But if you are reviewing a bright palette, your look should be bright, IMO. If you can't do makeup, why the heck are you on a beauty channel??

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

Following! I just started watching her videos.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Josie888 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Jen talked about Beauty News a little bit today in her live chat. Tabitha said that Beauty News copied them since Jen's What's Up in Makeup news show was the first beauty news show on youtube. But, as we all know, Beauty News is different - it's not just information, but opinion. Jen said she has thought about adding in her opinion to WUIM, but she doesn't want to copy BN.
Ooooooooh FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT lol
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

So kinda off topic but still related to Jen, her husband decided to start a new channel, and I've watched the 4 videos he's posted so far.. and I'm dying because his content, filming, and editing are sooo much better than what she puts out! He appears much more professional IMO, and it's not even what he does as a job

Ihateeveryone84
Learner
Learner

Post by Ihateeveryone84 »

Just found this thread! I’ve never been subbed to her, but watched a few videos of hers, you would think with all the time on her hands and the money she makes on YouTube she would take a makeup class...

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Jen needs to hire her husband to film and edit the crap that she puts out. It would definitely look better.

She definitely needs a makeup class. I know she has said makeup isn’t her thing but if a person is going
to discuss it, they should at least look like they know about it.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

tar wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
Jen needs to hire her husband to film and edit the crap that she puts out. It would definitely look better.

She definitely needs a makeup class. I know she has said makeup isn’t her thing but if a person is going
to discuss it, they should at least look like they know about it.
I know, right!? Her video and light quality with review / chat is always poor, and the style of her news segments looks like a middle school project from the early 2000s. She needs help!

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Kcat89 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 am
So kinda off topic but still related to Jen, her husband decided to start a new channel, and I've watched the 4 videos he's posted so far.. and I'm dying because his content, filming, and editing are sooo much better than what she puts out! He appears much more professional IMO, and it's not even what he does as a job
link please?
That Girl!

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

misselkiechong
Lurker
Lurker

Jen Luv's Drama Part 2

Post by misselkiechong »

she does this with everybody she’s ever interacted with on twitter, and it’s pretty pathetic. if she made strong content and had more general appeal, she wouldn’t need to leech off successful people. but of course, her cult followers of middle aged white moms paint everybody else to be the bad guy just because we don’t want to listen to 30 minutes of useless blabbing.

tldr; make content that will speak for itself and you won’t have to kiss everybody’s feet on twitter.

“i love fucking myself” —kim wonshik

greencrystal2007
Learner
Learner

Post by greencrystal2007 »

I love her husband. He used to have two channels back in the day, a funny/silly drag channel and a serious vlog/lifestyle channel. He used to pour his heard out on the vlog channel, even crying several times. He is such a sweet, down to earth person. I am loving his new channel so far.

I've been mixed on Jen lately. Some videos I really like. I will give her props where props are due. However, I feel like WUIM makeup minutes are wasting time she could be spending on other things. She hardly reviews anything anymore. But on one of her recent live streams she did say she wants to start doing more reviews/first impressions. So, here's hoping. I am also hoping she takes more makeup classes.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

Is that her husband? Cause he FINE.

(I bet that's an 'interesting' video lol. Bet the assumptions are.... Pretty much spot on tbh)
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

rva1 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 pm
"you like to pick fights" LOL that's the understatement of the century. Someone watch this and give us a play by play- you couldn't pay me money to watch this trash but I've gotta know if she actually answers good ones
I'll watch it over the weekend if I'm bored. (If only to perve on that crumpet).

Return to “F-J”