Mouse-Killin'andMorgue-Chillin':AtHomewithLydiaFillen#33

PixelGirl

Re: Mouse-Killin'andMorgue-Chillin':AtHomewithLydiaFillen#33

Post by PixelGirl »

Watching the recent offering by Ali, that has to be the gayest video he has ever made!

halloBrit
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by halloBrit »

So far of the few influencers I pay any attention to, the only one I've seen make an effort and not bitch about it is Emma Hill

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

ASAImageImage

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

halloBrit wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:12 pm
So far of the few influencers I pay any attention to, the only one I've seen make an effort and not bitch about it is Emma Hill
She did give full discloser in her latest YT vlog, but not without a lot of moaning and bitching on IG though :D.

A few pages back you’ll find a screen shot of a rather long passive agressive post of hers.

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

Maybe she hasn't got a sponsorship with Fortnum & Mason but she's definitely angling for one the way she keeps showing that bloody hamper in every photo.

She just wants all the free gifts from them..... ImageImageImage

halloBrit
Debater
Debater

Post by halloBrit »

Iris1969 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:28 pm
halloBrit wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:12 pm
She did give full discloser in her latest YT vlog, but not without a lot of moaning and bitching on IG though :D.

A few pages back you’ll find a screen shot of a rather long passive agressive post of hers.
Ok my bad. It's just she was actually being grown up about it on a post on IG this morning

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Is Ali illiterate or just still drunk? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

How bizarre is that all the people agreeing with Lidl afe influenzas as well.

They kept saying that being on youtube and Ig is a job, so what's wrong with having some rules in place.

If they are so unhappy about it they can quit and try to get a job in the real world where you are only able to secure one if you have skills and by skills I don't mean taking pictures and begging for free stuff.

Hass
Learner
Learner

Post by Hass »

just out of curiosity - if you do not see the word ad, what is the process for reporting these people? Is there an email?

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Why Victoria is commenting on lidl post when everyone knows they hate each other?

This is to show that Vic will kiss anyone's ass to secure her Loreal contract.

I can tell that if this "influenza" fever end it a lot of these girls will end up working as sale assistant at Zara or Topshop. As most of them don't have any skills to get a proper job.

There are only a few that has a career or have a degree outside yt or blogging.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

Lydia vlogging herself filling jars for her pantry is not the dumbest move - people are losing their minds over Marie Kondo's show on Netflix and organizing everything as a result. I'm sure Lydia will get decent views on the video if she has titled or tagged it correctly. But isn't she supposed to be a fashion and beauty blogger? Or is her YT channel now a companion for her IG home account? She needs to figure that out quickly because she built her current audience for one subject and now she's giving them another. I'm actually a little surprised she hasn't lost more subscribers as a result - this has been going on for a year now!

I will say that I think the new disclosure guidelines go too far but only because this is currently the only form of media having to deal with such strict regulations. If one form of media has to disclose this rigorously, they should all have to do it otherwise I begin to wonder who the ASA is working for. Every magazine editorial is created with behind the scenes deals with brands - so if a brand buys X amount in advertising, they are promised to be featured in an editorial. Why isn't that declared as an ad? Will the social media channels for these publications have to abide by these new rules when they feature parts of these editorials? Shouldn't magazine beauty editors have to disclose if they were sent on a press trip for the launch of a product they feature? I have never ever seen that kind of thing mentioned in any magazine I read regularly. Every single movie and tv show features product placement deals, which are only revealed in the end credits with a "thanks" or "promotional consideration by" - which is exactly the language that influencers are now being told they can't use. Plus not many people read all of the end credits so that should be changed too. Will tv and movie producers have to change how they label these things? It's dumb. So much around us is an ad, it doesn't help anyone to only label some of it and not all of it. Still, I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to remember things Lydia has recently said she picked up or acquired because it's going to be hella awkward when she now tries to slyly label it as gifted or sponsored when it wasn't previously disclosed.

Hunevoque
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hunevoque »

Iris1969 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:19 pm
No his brain cells are drying up because he is not being fed :rofl: Just look at that face , he is feeling dizzy from HUNGER. He isn’t allowed to eat the decorative pasta, poor soul😹

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Hunevoque wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:18 pm
Iris1969 wrote:
No his brain cells are drying up because he is not being fed :rofl: Just look at that face , he is feeling dizzy from HUNGER. He isn’t allowed to eat the decorative pasta, poor soul😹
They earn so much money but all they seem to eat is pasta, salmon that she cooks on thermomix with hummus and food their parents cook for them.

We would think that someone who wants to brag about a Aston Martin would eat good food but not the case.

Frenchgirl24
Learner
Learner

Post by Frenchgirl24 »

GeorgeePorgee wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:59 am
avabella wrote:So does she mean she’s had no previous relationship with Mango? Or ASOS??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If ASOS filling your bank account via endless affiliate links isn't a relationship I don't know what is.ImageImageImageImage
I'm sure Chochette just "bought " the exact same outfit

SillySausage
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SillySausage »

This is the CMA guide for social media endorsements

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -followers

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

Hass wrote:just out of curiosity - if you do not see the word ad, what is the process for reporting these people? Is there an email?
The only place I can find is on

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

In the drop down menu, it doesn't have an option specifically for a Youtube video or Instagram/Instagram story so I would select "Online: Within a company's own or other type of website"

It is best to take screenshots.
Definitely get a screenshot of the description details below the video or photo.

I think it's daft that so many have covered this story telling us about the new guidelines yet they don't tell us (as a consumer) how to report these Social Media Influencers nor provide a link. Image

If anyone knows of a better link, please post it. Thank you. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

sweetpea56
Informer
Informer

Post by sweetpea56 »

I have just been catching up on here with regards to Lydiot's meltdown over the new ASA guidelines. We are going to be so much busier now guys as we will all have a lot of reporting to do. Surely her beige boring thing is already in breach of the new guidelines as she clearly has had previous dealings with Asos, and omitted (lied) to say so.

I would imagine that there will not be one post now that Lydia can truly say is not an AD, as everything in her kitchen, office etc. etc. has been gifted at some stage. As for Emma Hill, OMG even her hair cuts are free, jeez, did these people pay for anything. What's betting half of Emma's kitchen was gifted as well.

Let the reporting begin.

I am off to watch her latest vlog as I am in need of a good laugh.

@hunevoque Just love the Vile in Pj's - Epic

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

notsosilly10 wrote:
Hunevoque wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:18 pm
Iris1969 wrote:
No his brain cells are drying up because he is not being fed :rofl: Just look at that face , he is feeling dizzy from HUNGER. He isn’t allowed to eat the decorative pasta, poor soulImage
They earn so much money but all they seem to eat is pasta, salmon that she cooks on thermomix with hummus and food their parents cook for them.

We would think that someone who wants to brag about a Aston Martin would eat good food but not the case.
I don't know why they don't try one of those healthy eating places that deliver all your food straight to your door.
I know she can't cook but it comes with a step by step guide of how to throw it all in a pan, surely even she can do that!?

Lily Pebbles does the "Hello Fresh" one.ImageImageImage

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

A look into the futureImageImageImage

kurkuma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kurkuma »

Brunette_ wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:50 pm
Just scrolled through the comments under her latest ig post...so many dumb people, oh my...”Lydia is a public figure but it’s her business where she gets the items from” or “TV people also wear clothes but do not have to disclose”. Seriously, is that an (ignorant) face of a new consumer? Influenzas do not post your regular candid photos of their lives, they do not share the moments, they are not your regular girls next door. They use these public SM accounts (and yes, they have private, real ones as well) to SELL. All their posts/videos/stories are preplanned, strategically developed, staged, photographed and photoshopped professionally with a sole purpose to SELL. They will not raise their finger to simply share a moment of pure joy, or a funny moment they’ve witnessed accidentally on a street. EVERY SINGLE PICTURE/STORY/VIDEO is a PRODUCT for sale. It’s not their life you follow, it’s their business you buy from. If tomorrow all the brands will stop working with them, they will all close down their public accounts as they are not interested in sharing their life with thousands of strangers for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly how I see it. People need to be aware that EVERYTHING those "influencers" post is basically an ad. In my opinion, even if they are not working with a brand, it is still some kind of ad when they recommend (-> advertise) products. Most of the time they will put affiliate links to everything anyway, and earn money from them. It's their job. They make their lifelihood from selling things to people. Nothing wrong with that, everybody has to live, however they should be honest about it.
Also, I think it's ironic that those strict new rules probably would not have been necessary if all the influencers and the brands they were advertising had been honest about their relationship from the beginning. - And Lydia - among others - has often been so dishonest about gifts, vouchers and her relationship with brands. I wish those rules had already existed in 2017, so she would have had to put #gifted and #ad all over her wedding pictures.

Return to “Lydia Millen”