ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by talkaboutit »

gh0st bird wrote:Okay, so I had to make an account just to talk about her art. Does anyone else find it almost embarrassing how novice her Watercolor Wednesday's are? Like the designs are SO simple and usually the execution is just okay. She also doesn't have a huge command over the medium of watercolors. She'd be better at practicing techniques and not these kitschy illustrations. It just goes to show how easily to replicate the designs she sells are. Not to mention the wallpaper subscription is a sham. Fifteen dollars for twelve backgrounds that are usually 99 cents? Even if they are ~exclusive~ she should just make it like ten dollars and you can choose one design every month from a whole roster of designs. All that being said, I think she is really talented with the polymer clay! Her minis are incredible. I wish she put more time into those, she could make really intricate tchotchkes or figurines. Anyways, just had to let that out lol

I came here to post this same thing. How are you going to charge people MORE for a subscription service than your normal price? That literally defeats the purpose of a subscription service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

talkaboutit wrote:
gh0st bird wrote:Okay, so I had to make an account just to talk about her art. Does anyone else find it almost embarrassing how novice her Watercolor Wednesday's are? Like the designs are SO simple and usually the execution is just okay. She also doesn't have a huge command over the medium of watercolors. She'd be better at practicing techniques and not these kitschy illustrations. It just goes to show how easily to replicate the designs she sells are. Not to mention the wallpaper subscription is a sham. Fifteen dollars for twelve backgrounds that are usually 99 cents? Even if they are ~exclusive~ she should just make it like ten dollars and you can choose one design every month from a whole roster of designs. All that being said, I think she is really talented with the polymer clay! Her minis are incredible. I wish she put more time into those, she could make really intricate tchotchkes or figurines. Anyways, just had to let that out lol

I came here to post this same thing. How are you going to charge people MORE for a subscription service than your normal price? That literally defeats the purpose of a subscription service.

Somehow I don’t think that occurred to her and/or they’re trying to squeeze out more money. It seems like Chris is looking for a new job too, maybe to get more. He has “seeking employment” on LinkedIn and they keep alluding to “things happening on Friday,” implying interviews and/or decisions to me. The worst part about this is Rachel constantly gives the advice to students on the podcast to get a job on campus to meet people and that was good for her mental health. Why can’t she get a part-time job AT LEAST and continue with being an “artist”?

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Looks like Chris has a new job. Rachel just announced this on Instagram

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

Looks like he’s at Twitch now? I’m really curious what he’s doing tbh. He doesn’t have a CS degree nor does he ever talk about coding or working on that so maybe a product manager? Design?

Idk but that’s awesome for him.

:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

fairydust wrote:Looks like he’s at Twitch now? I’m really curious what he’s doing tbh. He doesn’t have a CS degree nor does he ever talk about coding or working on that so maybe a product manager? Design?

I was always under the impression it was some sort of high level customer service , like a help desk, but he’s been steadily moving his way up.

And it’s not impossible to break into the CS jobs from there.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

fairydust wrote:Looks like he’s at Twitch now? I’m really curious what he’s doing tbh. He doesn’t have a CS degree nor does he ever talk about coding or working on that so maybe a product manager? Design?

I was always under the impression it was some sort of high level customer service , like a help desk, but he’s been steadily moving his way up.

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

talkaboutit wrote:

I wanted to be nice and not say that but that’s definitely my guess lol.

But yeah I mean it’s not impossible to get into an engineering job but he never talks about being into that aspect, just like games themselves which is why I was curious.

:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

BeanQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by BeanQueen »

I listen to the podcast but can’t remember- are they going home to PA and that’s why they won’t be recording? I remember them saying east coast... curious if going to PA will have any effect on Rachel’s mental health.

As for Chris, I think it’s awesome that he got a job at Twitch, he’s making moves, in therapy, it’s only a matter of time before he either A) breaks things off with Rachel, or B) they have some type of argument about Rachel’s lack of a job.

I know she hates YouTube but she could so easily make money by making artsy-type videos and she’d probably be able to get similar sponsors to what she has on the podcast.. just think it’s weird to not use the large following she’s created to help Chris out with paying the bills

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

I saw on her twitter that she's going to WaWa again, which I'm assuming is one of the ones in PA. Is she visiting her parents or what? She's been constantly going on about how toxic her parents are, so I'm wondering what's happening there.

In response to BeanQueen, I really don't think Rachel has a very large following anymore. She just doesn't put the effort in and people aren't sticking around anymore to invest their time into engaging with her or the podcast.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

rosesandroses wrote:I saw on her twitter that she's going to WaWa again, which I'm assuming is one of the ones in PA. Is she visiting her parents or what? She's been constantly going on about how toxic her parents are, so I'm wondering what's happening there.

In response to BeanQueen, I really don't think Rachel has a very large following anymore. She just doesn't put the effort in and people aren't sticking around anymore to invest their time into engaging with her or the podcast.
No, she’s going to see her aunt who reached out.

omglookatherbutt
Informer
Informer

Post by omglookatherbutt »

Following

Walking Pharmacy
Debater
Debater

Post by Walking Pharmacy »

I know this thread is kind of dead but I just have to say that her watercolor is embarrassingly bad and I can't believe people are still pretending it's good. And that she's making money off it because of her following?? Her polymer clay stuff was actually really good and what I think she should focus on...but that requires actual time and work, so probably won't happen.

BeanQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by BeanQueen »

Walking Pharmacy wrote:I know this thread is kind of dead but I just have to say that her watercolor is embarrassingly bad and I can't believe people are still pretending it's good. And that she's making money off it because of her following?? Her polymer clay stuff was actually really good and what I think she should focus on...but that requires actual time and work, so probably won't happen.
I agree:/ and the watercolors that she does that DO look good are incredibly easy to replicate so why would you want to spend money on it?

friendz123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by friendz123 »

I’m an artist myself (realism/portraits) and honestly, I’m offended by how many Etsy sales she gets lol

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

I was waiting for some new comments to reply to!!! Honestly it's sad how uninteresting and uninvolved she's become. All she's about nowadays are outdated Twilight references and her low-grade Etsy 'work'. She's wasting her following and wasting her potential unfortunately.

arevelation
Learner
Learner

Post by arevelation »

i’ve been listening to the podcast when i’m caught up on my others. listening to the one they released today (jan. 11) and they’re literally PLANNING to not have an episode instead of, oh, i don’t know,,, fucking pre recording their episodes? if you don’t care about your podcast anymore just stop. chris is clearly the breadwinner, rachel is farting around with her thumb in her ass doing shitty paintings all day..... ugh. these two are fucking lazy and sad.
rachel talks so so SO much about how she’s “busy”. these are the things she actively talks about doing:
-therapy
-watercolours
-??????

how is she busy? how??? rachel what the fuck are you smoking and pass some this way

Walking Pharmacy
Debater
Debater

Post by Walking Pharmacy »

RIGHT?? So so busy, and also a selfless martyr who gives all of her time to her work and her friends and leaves none to take care of herself. A saint among binches.

I've been following her since the earliest days of her youtube and have gone through phases of really liking her but ugh I'm losing the last threads. It's so bizarre to listen to the most selfish person declare their new year's resolution every year to be being more selfish. (?????)

arevelation
Learner
Learner

Post by arevelation »

rachel just posted on her instagram how her “routine is all messed up” and she forgot it’s “watercolour wednesday”

girl. you do ONE THING with your time and you forgot??? and she said herself watercolour is literally all she does on an insta story. i can’t. what a boring, miserable life she must lead

rosesandroses
Learner
Learner

Post by rosesandroses »

Her life has gotten really sad.

Titled
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Titled »

So she skipped her watercolor wednesday again this week..

I was curious and went back through the watercolor wednesdays she has on Instagram. Looks like she started saving them to her IG 13 weeks ago, and has skipped it six times so far.. And she calls art her job?? She is so inconsistent.
I remember her going on and on about how her art was going to be different from youtube, because she ~actually likes~ art. But it doesn’t seem like it anymore. With all of her interests, she starts out good and consistent and ends up not caring about it in a few months. (Youtube, Podcast, Art) It just isn’t sustainable for her to keep trying different ways to have social media as a job

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”