LVlover cc

drogers4205

Re: LVlover cc

Post by drogers4205 »

I agree with you 100%. She just showed at least $4K in her "what I got for Christmas" video. She could have used that to get those bottom teeth fixed.

I'm not subbed to her, but I did use to be at one time and I never paid any attention to the bottom row of her teeth. Now I can look away. :? :o

She should have included additional dental work in her 2019 Wish list. No shade, just truth. Dental work is expensive, but clearly she has the disposable income, why not get your grill fixed before getting your 8th LV bag? Heck, she mentioned wanting a Gucci Disco...those are now $1190. That's money that could be better used in savings on on braces.

Post by Guest »

I honestly don’t understand why she got veneers first of all. For me, that is something you should only get if you have a lot of money to fix all your teeth because it looks really bad if you half-ass it like she did.

She should have just done Invisalign on all her teeth instead of getting veneers on the top. :roll: Normally I wouldn’t judge anyone for having crooked teeth, especially if one couldn’t afford to, but this is super trashy. :?

LoveHateGossip
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LoveHateGossip »

I agree that her videos are boring. I'm criticizing the videos and not attacking her as a person. As I read this thread it got more and more harsh on her personally, her family and her financial situation. It's all speculation though.

Not everyone have to have the same priorities. If everyone in the world are the same then it would be an uninteresting world. Like we're all robots. Wouldn't you agree?

As for bad taste in clothes, well, one can prioritize on the one thing she is most excited about. Just because she has the money to spend on bags doesn't mean she has to dress like upper class.

Yes, she seems to be overspending, but if her husband can accept it then why are you worried for him?

I also don't understand why people think private school is so great. Putting kids in a perfect little bubble and then burst their bubble when they get to the real world. Isn't it easier to get into college being the best at an average school? And expose the kids to all walks of life, so they can be well-rounded? Look at the people who went to the most competitive colleges; they are so stressed they get depression and commit suicide. I personally wouldn't set such high standards for my kids and make their lives miserable. Whether they're ambitious or not, I just want them to live a happy life.

No matter how people live, other people can always find something to pick on. Doesn't matter if she spends when she's young and single, or when she's married with young kids, or old and retired, or buys only singular categories, or buys in all categories, someone will find something wrong with other people's choices.

I'm not her fan and not saying this to defend her, but the it's gotten so harsh it was cringe-worthy to read.

Post by Guest »

^are you the same person who accused us of being jealous?

I will say one thing I will agree with you is private school. I don’t necessarily agree that private school is better. In my town where I grew up, the private schools weren’t that great; our public schools were better. Then again, I grew up in a middle/upper middle class town so public funding wasn’t an issue; there were a couple rich families, but we all went to the same schools and they were my classmates. I’m sure there were some very wealthy families who sent their kids off elsewhere, but I wouldn’t know since my family ain’t rich.

My dad also went to a competitive magnet school growing up in the Bay Area...a public school but nonetheless a good school. And I’ve a god brother who went to private school and they didn’t offer any AP courses...there was just a little club to participate in the AP tests if they wanted to take them at the end of the academic year. :roll:

I don’t know how the school district is set up in Charis’s town, but I don’t knock her for not enrolling her kids to private school. I’m pretty sure she cares to some extent how her kids would do academically; it probably just doesn’t look like it now because they’re so young.

Anyway, that’s as “nice” as I’ll get.

LoveHateGossip
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LoveHateGossip »

I assure you I’m not the kind of person who would open multiple accounts to prove a point or win an argument. Hahaha. I’ve been here twice before to learn more about a few YouTubers last year but never posted anything. I normally just lurk on the Purse Forum. Only registered an account today because I purchased Tapatalk Pro and found out I can add Guru Gossip on Tapatalk.

Not trying to be hostile. Just making objective observations. Are our lives so perfect that we can shamelessly judge other people so harshly?

I’m just feeling kind of hurt because I’m surrounded by people in real life who judge and shame me for my choices that entirely do not involve them. I feel bad for her so I said something.

Again, not trying to be mean, and not directed at anyone. Just taking a step back and reflecting.

Post by Guest »

No worries, I didn’t get the impression you were hostile. I apologize if I came off as defensive. The person who made one post never came back. The only argument I can’t stand is when someone uses “jealousy” as the reason why we talk trash. :roll:

Anyway, I believe if you put yourself on a public platform such as YouTube, you are going to invite both positive and negative feedback. I’m not saying it’s fair, but it is what it is. Personally I don’t really care for her clothing style or how much she spends, but what do I know, it’s her life. If it’s any consolation, I actually judge her a lot less harshly than some of Youtubers I do follow on here. While Charis has never been forthcoming about her cosmetic procedures (which is none of our business anyway), she’s never blatantly lied to her followers nor do I think she’s a bad mom. Can’t say I feel the same about her peer Jerusha... :rofl:

LoveHateGossip
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LoveHateGossip »

I agree public figures will receive both positive and negative feedback. I believe constructive criticism is necessary for improvement, but unfortunately sometimes people troll the internet just because. Some of the things I’ve read on YouTube are not remotely fair.

Post by Guest »

I mean, the only thing I can say is, ignore the haters...?

There are people I like and follow on YouTube who have their own hate threads on GG, and I think some of the things said on their threads are really harsh but that’s their opinions. I can respect that and I don’t automatically assume the haters are jealous.

Anyway, what people say doesn’t affect my opinion of someone I really like. I do like to read the hate because it helps me see things without “rose colored” lenses and offers a different perspective I might’ve not thought about...and let's be real, some of the haters are pretty funny. :P

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

She’s having baby 3! Is she trying to keep the hubby locked down?

I don’t fault her for cosmetic procedures, though it’s not something I am into. I agree with the other poster that started how it is sad she is trying to look more western.

She does live in a state that is not well known for having good public schools. I would think private schools would be important, but it’s not like she lives in an area like the Bay Area with copious amounts of well educated people.

Post by Guest »

YouTuberr wrote:She’s having baby 3! Is she trying to keep the hubby locked down?

I don’t fault her for cosmetic procedures, though it’s not something I am into. I agree with the other poster that started how it is sad she is trying to look more western.

She does live in a state that is not well known for having good public schools. I would think private schools would be important, but it’s not like she lives in an area like the Bay Area with copious amounts of well educated people.
This is where my regional ignorance comes through. Is public school really that bad in Florida? Granted there are pockets of California where public schools aren't that great...

I didn't want to comment too much on her cosmetic surgery, but I think it's extremely common in her culture to make oneself appear more Western. Because I was born and raised in the US, I don't agree with it and personally, as a non-White person, I would never try to make myself look White/Western. However, if that is what it takes to make her happy then I can't really fault her on it too much. Like I said, I really don't get it, but seeing how common it is in Korea (and with my own Asian friends), it's really not in my place to judge.

I'm not surprised she is expecting baby 3; she has talked about wanting another one in a vlog last year but her hubby had some reservations about it. Didn't someone say that she had post-partum depression?

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

Most of the affluent/well educated in the Bay Area tended to pay for private schools, which could easily run $20-40k per year and per kid! I’m just surprised she wouldn’t want to give her kids the best opportunity.

I’m sure she would be a pretty girl without the cosmetic surgery, but yes, I know what you mean about that trend being common.

Post by Guest »

How old is Joshua? Maybe she'll send them off to better schools when they're older...? At least I hope so? If not, then it's on her.

Like you, I think she would be very pretty without all the surgeries, too. I think in general many non-White cultures are conditioned to believe that looking more Western is more attractive (it's pretty obvious when one looks at beauty/fashion magazines from other countries); so, in that sense I feel bad that she was raised with that type of thought. I know for myself, I was criticized for being dark skinned, but I don't personally go out of my way to bleach my skin color (which a few of my relatives have done). Like I said, I think my growing up in the US benefited me in that regard; I'm sure it would have been different if I grew up in my parents' birth country.

Either way, I think cosmetic surgery is a personal thing; I have had something "fixed" on my face. It was just one thing and I have no interest in going under the knife again, yet you won't believe how much flak I got for it. :roll:

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

The argument seems more relevant to big city families than flyover states. I'm from Manhattan and the private school competition here is brutal only because the only other option for wealthy families is to send their kids to school with urban kids from less than desirable families who don't aspire to get into Harvard like they do.

I assume in affluent suburbs like the one Charis is living in, most public schools will be a pool from the same kids from wealthier neighborhoods so it's probably not that big of a concern for her. I don't really see the value in sending kids to private in a flyover state anyway... at least in NYC, your kid will be going to school with a dad who's a partner at a top 5 law firm or a kid whose mom owns a multibillion dollar hedge fun, or even in California, maybe your kid becomes best friends with someone whose dad co-founded the next big start-up. But what's the point in a flyover state? There aren't any more connections or networking that can be made than if the kid just did well at a nice public high school and got into a good college for better connections.

I grew up in the midwest and our public high schools were just as competitive as any good private school and we all got into decent colleges where we made bigger and broader networks for ourselves. I don't know if I'd feel the same having kids now in a bigger city like Manhattan. It's either pay 50k a year for private or have your kid go through a metal detector in public if you don't get zoned for the very few public schools that are still desirable.

Her husband's a doctor, he's obviously not an idiot. I'm sure he chose to buy a house in a good public district for their kids. And Chinese families who raise doctor sons are no joke.. I'm sure they did their research for all of this for their grandkids before letting their daughter-in-law go blow everything on designer bags. I once dated a Chinese doctor whose parents used to drive him 2 hours every single day, to and back, because he tested into one of the top 3 high schools in the state but they lived a few boroughs outside of it. They take this shit seriously.

And the whole Koreans getting plastic surgery to look white has been debunked over and over. This is an interesting article to read if you have the time: https://www.businessinsider.sg/south-ko ... on-2018-6/. Korean beauty standards DO NOT align with western beauty standards at all. Koreans prefer flat cheek bones whereas westerners prefer the higher the better, and prefer slim jaw lines that end in a point at the chin, whereas westerners prefer more angular, square jawlines. Light skin and big eyes have been status symbols in Asian culture for hundreds of decades for their rarity and sign of wealth before white people decided to claim it as their own for superiority.

Charis and her beauty preferences are more aligned with Korean standards than western... she has a super pointy chin that Americans would find grotesque, and she's in her mid-thirties and still chooses to wear eye-enlargening circle lenses, which obviously Americans do not ever wear. Her make up style is also very, very, Korean with none of the strong contouring features that western make up style prefers. Korean make up is all about flattening and softening features out with eyes, glossy skin, and soft lips as the focus whereas western make up style is about amplifying your bone structure with baking your contours in and bold eye and lip colors while mattifying the skin to further emphasize those points.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

She suffered postpartum depression after Joshua. Not sure with Lydia as she seemed to bounce back fairly quickly after her 2nd pregnancy.

i do remember that almost immediately after giving birth to Lydia she asked her husband for another baby. At the time he told her no, not right now. About another year went by and she mentioned talking about it with hubby again.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

I feel like Charis is the kind of person who gets pregnant because she'd bored or because she has nothing else to do (clearly). I'm pretty sure she already trapped her husband when they got married, divorce and separation in Asian (as well as other collectivist) families is still frowned upon in some families/areas.

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

Watch out, she’s heading to Paris, mega haul on the horizon.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

jesus her 2019 wish list... is insane. I don't know how she justifies this type of spending when she doesn't work. Imagine just waking up every day feeling like you're entitled to birkins and kellys because you're raising the kids of a doctor. I follow moms on Instagram who are fighting every day of their lives with their kids tied up on cancer treatments or autism diagnoses and they live such humble and full lives that inspire me every day. what does charis do... It'd be great if she worked or accomplished these or if these were milestone gifts or even if she displayed a BIT of humility about how out of touch having such a list like this is, but she literally just rolls out of bed and demands a birkin like it's the most normal thing in the world. like WHAT?

Post by Guest »

She has just passed 100K subscriber count but in the video says she can't believe that she would ever reach or surpass 400K subscibers. Might explain her spending as Maths is a real struggle lol.

cdol
Talker
Talker

Post by cdol »

Chichibangbang wrote:She has just passed 100K subscriber count but in the video says she can't believe that she would ever reach or surpass 400K subscibers. Might explain her spending as Maths is a real struggle lol.

Her hand movements are sooo annoying lol.
She keeps swapping hands to hold her phone while the other moves away.

Did i just hear her say if she should do a speedy or neverfull giveaway? She sure does have a huge wishlist and i feel sorry for her husband if he’s the only one that’s working while she spends like crazy.

I think she said 100k but her accent makes it sounds like she says 400 Image

Why does she talk so slow? I struggle to watch her cause she takes so long to talk.

Post by Guest »

cdol wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 pm
Chichibangbang wrote:She has just passed 100K subscriber count but in the video says she can't believe that she would ever reach or surpass 400K subscibers. Might explain her spending as Maths is a real struggle lol.

Her hand movements are sooo annoying lol.
She keeps swapping hands to hold her phone while the other moves away.

Did i just hear her say if she should do a speedy or neverfull giveaway? She sure does have a huge wishlist and i feel sorry for her husband if he’s the only one that’s working while she spends like crazy.

I think she said 100k but her accent makes it sounds like she says 400 Image

Why does she talk so slow? I struggle to watch her cause she takes so long to talk.
I watched her at double speed so possibly my mistake :rofl:

Return to “LVlover cc”