Bratayley: bye bye Hollywood Hello divorce - Part 13

Ddddd12345

Re: Bratayley: bye bye Hollywood Hello divorce - Part 13

Post by Ddddd12345 »

tomorrow100 wrote:I guess Katie never went back to work after having Caleb?
I'm guessing with Billy being deployed frequently, it was what worked for them at the time. But they also had a pretty reasonable lifestyle that a single income could support. Now, they have million-dollar homes and no careers so it's anyone's guess how that's going work out.

In the comments, some of the kids were talking about how Billy was hiding from the camera when they were in the guitar shop. I just don't get it, what could they possibly be trying to achieve by hiding from the cameras at this stage to the point not even wanting people to catch the slightest glimpses?

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I find them pretty weak boned that they hide from the camera, don’t speak when it’s on. They need to just turn off the camera and stop the vlogging altogether or be adults and address the elephant in the room. Cause at this point it’s just obvious.

The fact that they went back to business as usual a week after Caleb died, proves that they aren’t too worried about anything except the money. So this is more serious than the death of their child which is concerning because what’s worse than losing a child and then forcing their grieving little kids go back to being the show clowns?

Post by Guest »

Isn’t there some statistic that shows that parents who lose a child have a much higher chance of separating? I definitely think I saw that somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

nsf5555 wrote:Isn’t there some statistic that shows that parents who lose a child have a much higher chance of separating? I definitely think I saw that somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm fairly certain it's been brought up on these boards in the past.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

lmmomSD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lmmomSD »

Especially when it's sudden like Caleb's, a child's death is one of the worst things anyone can go through. It can really wreak havoc on a relationship, unless that relationship is really strong. When a child dies after an illness, you at least have time to try to prepare. This hit them out of nowhere.
When I was working in peds ICU, we had a drowning victim come in. He had been at a party with his parents and both thought the other was watching him. He was in a coma. The things his parents were saying to each other made my blood run cold. You can't take those things back. Was Billy alone at the house with Caleb? I don't remember. But if he was, maybe there have been things said like "If you had checked on him sooner, maybe he could have been saved". You can chalk it up to grief at the time, but those words stick with you, especially if you're not getting help processing your grief.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

lmmomSD wrote:Especially when it's sudden like Caleb's, a child's death is one of the worst things anyone can go through. It can really wreak havoc on a relationship, unless that relationship is really strong. When a child dies after an illness, you at least have time to try to prepare. This hit them out of nowhere.
When I was working in peds ICU, we had a drowning victim come in. He had been at a party with his parents and both thought the other was watching him. He was in a coma. The things his parents were saying to each other made my blood run cold. You can't take those things back. Was Billy alone at the house with Caleb? I don't remember. But if he was, maybe there have been things said like "If you had checked on him sooner, maybe he could have been saved". You can chalk it up to grief at the time, but those words stick with you, especially if you're not getting help processing your grief.

In Liv’s live she said that Katie blamed herself.

We don’t know if that’s true, but assuming she did say it, I can see blaming herself since it came from her side of the family. Or Billy blaming himself for being the one home and not saving him (of course there was nothing he could do). They banded together at first against anyone saying anything negative towards them but over tim they could have easily started blaming each other.

I have a friend whose son had cancer as a baby and even though he is doing great now, the stress still led to divorce. I can’t imagine working in PEDS ICU, but thank you for doing what you do/did.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

chloesweb85 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Especially when it's sudden like Caleb's, a child's death is one of the worst things anyone can go through. It can really wreak havoc on a relationship, unless that relationship is really strong. When a child dies after an illness, you at least have time to try to prepare. This hit them out of nowhere.

In Liv’s live she said that Katie blamed herself.

We don’t know if that’s true, but assuming she did say it, I can see blaming herself since it came from her side of the family. Or Billy blaming himself for being the one home and not saving him (of course there was nothing he could do). They banded together at first against anyone saying anything negative towards them but over tim they could have easily started blaming each other.

I have a friend whose son had cancer as a baby and even though he is doing great now, the stress still led to divorce. I can’t imagine working in PEDS ICU, but thank you for doing what you do/did.
Thanks. It was definitely a learning experience. I saw couples draw closer together, and I saw couples destroyed, sometimes because one parent wanted to let their child go, and the other wanted to go to any length to save them.
I stopped doing pediatrics after I had kids. Too hard!

Ddddd12345

Post by Ddddd12345 »

chloesweb85 wrote: In Liv’s live she said that Katie blamed herself.
Totally not the point of your post but did Liv really say that? Because I remember watching every single video recorded of that live that I could find and I never heard her say anything even close to that. She just talked about the casket and how sad and scared Annie was. There were so many rumours about what Liv did and didn't say, and that was just one of them. Sorry, it's just that the whole Liv situation still annoys me to this day.

I won't be surprised if Katie blamed herself though, after all the heart problem was passed down from her side of the family. Or both of them blaming each other for not getting the kids' hearts tested more than once before Caleb died. Definitely things that should have been thoroughly dealt with in some sort of counseling.

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

Ddddd12345 wrote:Definitely things that should have been thoroughly dealt with in some sort of counseling.
Well, when you're too busy vlogging...........

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

Ddddd12345 wrote:
chloesweb85 wrote: In Liv’s live she said that Katie blamed herself.
Totally not the point of your post but did Liv really say that? Because I remember watching every single video recorded of that live that I could find and I never heard her say anything even close to that. She just talked about the casket and how sad and scared Annie was. There were so many rumours about what Liv did and didn't say, and that was just one of them. Sorry, it's just that the whole Liv situation still annoys me to this day.

I won't be surprised if Katie blamed herself though, after all the heart problem was passed down from her side of the family. Or both of them blaming each other for not getting the kids' hearts tested more than once before Caleb died. Definitely things that should have been thoroughly dealt with in some sort of counseling.
You may be right. I actually didn’t watch the original live. I was basing my comment off of what I read other people say that she said, so that could be a rumor that just kept getting repeated.

I agree it bugs me as well. I had just found out about brataley when Caleb was in the news. Then I started following them and saw the post from Billy talking about Liv which really turned me off. I looked him up and saw he was almost 40 and thought it was awful for him to be going after a child publicly but also tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was under a lot of stress and grieving.

That is actually how I discovered this site.

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

chloesweb85 wrote:That is actually how I discovered this site.
Bratayley is the one "kids" channel I follow. I normally follow bands and aviation channels. Anyway, when they started doing the jetting back and forth to LA and doing the music crap, it started to irritate me. So, I looked around on Google to see if others were unhappy with the way the channel was going. I saw a link to this site and just read the Bratayley threads. Then I just had to join and get in on the gossip. :rofl:

Hard to believe it's been since June of 2017 when the channel, in my view, started to go downhill due to the aforementioned stuff. I started following them in the summer of 2016. I actually enjoyed the whole family back then.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Mark wrote:
Bratayley is the one "kids" channel I follow. I normally follow bands and aviation channels. Anyway, when they started doing the jetting back and forth to LA and doing the music crap, it started to irritate me. So, I looked around on Google to see if others were unhappy with the way the channel was going. I saw a link to this site and just read the Bratayley threads. Then I just had to join and get in on the gossip. :rofl:

Hard to believe it's been since June of 2017 when the channel, in my view, started to go downhill due to the aforementioned stuff. I started following them in the summer of 2016. I actually enjoyed the whole family back then.
So glad you found us! I like your incisive posts.

MindOverNoMatter
Talker
Talker

Post by MindOverNoMatter »

Mark wrote:

That's exactly how/why I found this site. Vlogging channels have always been my guilty pleasure for down time. Bratayley was the one family vlogging channel I actually watched and enjoyed..... Until last year.

Then, the things they did started to irritate me. I needed a place to vent and hear other thoughts about it and found this site.

As for the losing a child discussion.... The fear of that is sometimes enough to keep me up at night. I can't imagine going through that or how I would handle it. And I don't want to ever have to find out. Expecting my first child has brought out all new worries for me. As much as I get frustrated with Billy and Katie for things, I know they must still be hurting so much.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

earthcrosser
Learner
Learner

Post by earthcrosser »

I don't think they're capable of thinking longterm. They have money now so the future is for future them to worry about. It's sad.

Mark
Informer
Informer

Post by Mark »

lmmomSD wrote:So glad you found us! I like your incisive posts.
I don't post much, but when I do, I like to say something that hasn't been said before..... not that there's anything wrong with bringing up past events.

ClaireField61
Talker
Talker

Post by ClaireField61 »

I was glad to find this place as well, I felt so alone looking at the comments since last June, seeing how the minions were lusting over how perfect the family was. I actually cried thinking how delusional they were to not see the self-absorbed attitudes of the LeBlancs, so glad I found intelligent people to share my thoughts with as the minions ridicule me for every opinion I give.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Kids aren’t too bright and they are obsessive.

I didn’t see it much at first either. But there was a clip of The LeBlanc’s when they traveled to LA with Katie and Jill and when they landed and are walking through LAX, Katie L says to Katie D, I heard you guys were talking in your British accents. Katie D replies (in a bad posh British accent), the whole time. Katie L OF COURSE laughs like she just heard the world’s funniest joke and says I bet the people in front of you were happy with that. And Katie D replies “they stared at us the WHOLE time. It was really rude.” Mind you she hasn’t broken this British accent impression at all.

Idk Katie, maybe they were British and don’t find your bad impression as humorous as you and Katie L do. I think that should have been a huge clue how selfish all these people are.

Billy did turn around and say that the British viewers in the comments had mentioned before that they didn’t appreciate her accent either because the accent they were using was what only the proper rich have. Of course to that Katie D says, well at least I’m proper. :roll: totally missing the point that it’s not cute and it’s considered rude and mockery to use accents like that in the public.

I remember when I was little we used to do it at Disney World all the time, so I know it’s not uncommon for kids to pretend to have accents. But her comment that the people in front of her were RUDE for staring at them. She had no idea who they were or where they came from. For all they knew they were insulting them with their bad accents. Plus it was bad and annoying. Even in that clip I wanted to smack her.

And of course the whole time Katie L is laughing like she can’t believe she missed the most humorous moment of that entire flight.

They are so incredibly self absorbed and maybe the kids aren’t aware of their rudeness but to have parents laugh at it and not really explain to them why it makes people mad is on the parents. They are adults and they know, but the fact that they don’t care is just showing how selfish they are.

chloesweb85
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chloesweb85 »

So, Nia, Brooke, and Paige from dance moms are in Hawaii with Indiana, Mads, and Riley and I don’t know who else.

Isn’t this around the same time Hannie went to Hawaii?! Edit: just realized I’m way off. It’s winter and they went in spring.

Anyone know what this is about?

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Seems odd how all of these kids are connected. I know that Kalani is or was in that Brat Show Dirt. So could just be that connection. Also Kenzie too being on Total Eclipse. Wouldn’t be shocked if this is some kind of Brat move to recruit the DM girls into acting in their web shows. Thing is that Brooke is 21... in college. She hasn’t been in the public eye for 5 years. Paige has a YouTube channel that she didn’t really do much with despite having the views. She also is a high school senior and I assume will also go to college this year. I can’t imagine they are gonna recruit the Hyland kids for some Brat tween dramedy roles. They are too old.

Nia is on a soap opera. I would think Brat is a step down from that plus she is probably busy.

I think Brat needs to hit up Mia if she is gonna move to LA to be an “actress” anyways. They could probably recruit a lot of the Coral Girls since they all seemed hungry for the fame. Literally every coral girl mommy jumped on the vlogging train. Watch any CG group trip and you will see like 3 other people with camera’s in hands. Katie, Mia, Sydney, Luv (if she didn’t have beef with the LeBlanc’s. Her family seemed to be on the train of vlogging and being a YouTube family).

The DM girls seem to either be too old or too busy for some tween dramedy YouTube channel acting in their little skits. But the Coral Girls are all accustomed to being filmed and seem to be hungry for fame. They are your golden ticket.

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

It looks like it's a Dote shopping influencer trip (I think, judging from Brooke's tag on IG).

Return to “Bratayley”